Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 09:33 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Monday minus 1 hour:)

Morning All,

Waking up at 6 am this morning was brutal, it still was so dark outside. Anyhoo, I hope everyone had a good weekend regardless. I tried Yoga yesterday! I have done tapes and all, but I did an actual hour long class which was really good. I understand now when people say Yoga is an excellent ab workout.. It really does work them out like crazy with all the stability and stuff!

Saturday wasn't good points-wise, but yesterday I was really good and same with on Friday! Just gotta work on Sats being better, though I am lax about points then anyway... Okay for all you weight trainers, I know that weight training won't really bulk up women, but does it add a bit of bulk.... My thighs seem more muscular, but they haven't really shrunk whatsoever..

Take care!

Ali
Old 04-08-2002, 09:43 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Unhappy Time to start anew?

oops - i started a thread too! i've deleted it and moved my post here instead. ali - good on you starting yoga - i reckon it'll help slim your thighs. it's v good for toning. have you measured your thighs to see if you have lost any inches?
So - how was everyone's weekend? My cunning plan to not drink too much, save some money and only go out for a couple of drinks fell by the wayside! I blame it on the Irish. My friend and I went to meet some Irish pals in the pub to watch the Ireland-France rugby match. Then we watched the Grand National (my horse came last out of all the ones that actually finished. It's very depressing to see the horses fall). Then we saw some of the Scotland-Wales rugby match before moving pubs. We were only going to have another drink in happy hour and then leave but somehow the time flew past and we didn't get home till after midnight. 12 hours drinking! argh!!! My memory is so poor, but I think we all had fun. Except on Sunday morning. Needless to say I didn't make yoga (my friend couldn't even stand up without feeling faint!). So, another Monday morning and it's time to start anew. No booze till the weekend. And not much then! Gosh, this sounds more like Alcoholics Anonymous than Weight Watchers!!
How did everyone else get on? Stacey - glad to see the internet police have gone! Back later,
Kirsty
Old 04-08-2002, 10:04 AM   #3  
Bono Fanatic!

Red face Happy Monday!

Ali - Thanks for starting the thread! It was dark when I got up this morning too, and it is raining, which doesn't help me get out of bed!

Kirsty - It sounds like a you had a fun weekend, even if you didn't stick to your original plan! My plan for Saturday did not include deep dish pizza, cheesecake and plenty of lemon martinis, but somehow that is the way it turned out! I'm with you on no booze till the weekend. I drank 3 nights last week, and that really hinders my weight loss efforts. I bet any lurkers think I have a problem!

Although, I did lose 0.8 pounds this past week! That makes 7.2 in the past 2 weeks, reminding me that this does work if I do it right! I feel so much better. My clothes had been getting snug and my skirt actually is a bit loose today!

I took a cooking class on Saturday at a company known for its cheesecake (Eli's for anyone in the area that may know...) and l brought home the cheesecake that I made, topped with caramel, white chocolate chips and pecans. I did eat one piece, but sent the rest home with my brother. It was way too good to keep around!!

I hope more people come out to play today!!
Rina, Becky, Lisa, Jess, Stacey, Kim, Tonya, Jen, Noelle (our new girl!), Lolly, Kier, Trish, Lori.... where is everyone?!
Old 04-08-2002, 10:32 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

jen, mmm cheesecake! i love it!!! i'm wearing my tightest jeans today and they fit really well. hopefully they will motivate me to keep on program until i lose a few more pounds and i'm happy (well, as happy as i'll ever be with these child-bearing hips!) with my summer bod!
Old 04-08-2002, 12:02 PM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up I hate Time Changes (and PMS!)

I have about had it with this time change business. I think there are parts of the US that don't do it. I'm moving there, wherever it is. I slept until exactly 10 minutes before I have to be at work. Oops. Needless to say, I'm not looking very hot today. But tomorrow will be better, I'm sure. My dear BF was at my place until almost 1 last night, so I didn't get much sleep on top of the time change. hehe.

WW hasn't even crossed my mind, aside from thinking "Hey, I think I'll skip weigh in on Tuesday." This entire last week has been bad for me. I have PMS and it's turned me into an ustoppable eating monster. Plus, I've been feeling a little bit unmotivated lately, so I think it may be a good idea for me to spend a week or so just eating what I want to get it out of my system. Then I should be ready and able to go back on full-swing. What do you guys think--does that sound reasonable and like a good idea? Has anyone else been at this point before and did something like this work for you?

I'm on my lunch break right now and I have to tell you guys--the Chicken Caesar Salad recipe on this site is DELICIOUS. It's one of my all-time favorite recipes, you should try it.

OK, I'm gonna get back to eating (yeah, like I need to be doing any more of that )

I'll check back in later!
Old 04-08-2002, 12:10 PM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Jess, Move to Indianapolis!!!

I am back from my trip. The meals I ate were pretty good point wise, the problem is that I got lonely and snacked. And drank soda and not enough water. I haven't weighed in 3 weeks because I have been so busy and gone. Hope to this week. No clue where I am at, but I know that I haven't been journaling!!! My clothes aren't snug tho, so that is GOOD!! I just feel lethargic!

Kirsty... do we need to open an AA thread?? I went to a brew pub all by myself on Sat. to eat dinner. Had a beer even. I called my hubby and he couldn't believe I drank a beer. I am not a beer person, but I used to drink it in my younger days because it was cheap. Since I hadn't had one in so long, I forgot how full they made you feel! Now I drink wine mostly!

Jen... YAH ON THE LOSS!!!

OK, back to work. I am still exausted from my trip and need a nap!
Old 04-08-2002, 12:24 PM   #7  
Bono Fanatic!

Jess - You could move to Phoenix as well. I lived there for a few years and they don't follow Daylight Savings time. And as for your question as to whether anyone has been unmotivated and decided to eat whatever they want, my answer would be that just about everyone has been there. Listen to your body. As long as you are disciplined enough to get back on track after a week of eating whatever you want, I say do it. It may be exactly what you need.

Jen - Welcome back! Hopefully you can catch up on some rest tonight.
Old 04-08-2002, 12:28 PM   #8  
Running Babe

Jen L: I had a Long Island Ice Tea on Saturday.... Yummy!!!

Kirsty: My jeans don't feel loser in my thighs, that's what I am worried about... maybe it's due to the fact I ate pretty badly for the last few months, but my trainer did warn due to the fact I am muscular I might bulk a little in my thighs.

Jess: I'd advise against it, but what I would advise is if you're really craving something, to have it, just in a smaller quantity or even just to plan to have it say on the weekend. On Saturday I really wanted a Godiva chocolate so I had a few (I actually planned this too). WW isn't about denying food it's about trying to fit it in sensibly. Just my two cents (from experience, I find when I dig myself back deeper its hard to go back to being "OP")... Maybe think about having a no points day once a week or once every couple of weeks (Though I think I might steer clear of these for a while). Also since you are losing, maybe add a few points a day and see if you still lose on that. Do what you have to do though, we're all different.

Jen: mmmmmm cheesecake!! I had some this weekend too... An oreo one... yummy
Old 04-08-2002, 12:38 PM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

jess - i agree with ali. i usually find that after a couple of days of eating badly i want to go back to healthy food and be more in control. but, there have been times when i've eaten what i wanted for longer and the danger is that you undo all the good work you've done so far. i think that the reason my weight went back up to goal (and a few pounds over at one point but i didn't officially weigh in then!) was because i ate whatever i wanted. if i were you i'd face the music and go weigh in this week. then you'll know where you are. miss one week and you'll be tempted to miss more. do you want to be slim or not? you'll feel much better if you stick to your points or do some exercise to counter any snacking. a few points over isn't too bad if you've eaten healthy stuff.
welcome back jenl! i'm a wine gal too, but not for a while cos at the moment i think it would make my stomach turn just to smell it!!
can i ask you guys, do you put the clocks forward on a sunday or a monday? in the uk we put our clocks forward at 2am on the sunday (this year on the 31 march) so we're usually readjusted come monday morning.
Old 04-08-2002, 12:42 PM   #10  
Scotland's finest export

Default bulky thighs

ali - my thighs are pretty big too. i think it's just one of these things. i have heard lunges are meant to be good for streamlining thighs but i'm sure that like me you have done thousands of the darn things without seeing much difference! it's just our body shape and although yoga and running will help a little, we'll always be more j-lo than kylie.
Old 04-08-2002, 04:15 PM   #11  
Bono Fanatic!

Default What is going on???

Where is everyone? There are 55 views, yet only 9 replies.... If you are taking the time to view the thread, at least say hi and let us know you are there!!! It is getting pretty boring around here.
Old 04-08-2002, 04:29 PM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

55 VIEWS?????????????

OK, now that is sad. People read all about us and have nothing to contribute. I know the internet is public, but it is erry to think that that many people are lurkers!!!!!!!!!!!

When I came in it was 57!!!!! So 2 more people checked in since Jen wrote that! We are dwindling away to the land of the lurkers!!

I have been really busy today. Trying to catch up and getting nothing done because I am chatty! Oh well. Just filling people in on the training!

OHHHHH and I saw an add for the boss of my former job. Actually I applied for the job, but do to politics and the "big boys club" I was given the assistant job. It was my dream job and a jerk got it. He was aweful, so I quit after 1 1/2 years. Now he was canned and the position was changed and sounds fab... but it is in Milwaukee and I know hubby would hate it there. Plus I now work for family and it would be hard to walk out. They know the job is available and I was asked if I was going to apply... my response was "do you want me to leave???"... got no response to that! The pay is double what is was when I was there and it is a State position, so good benefits. But it is a job full of politics and shmoozing and some back stabbing and LONG hours. I don't know if I want to go back to that. I was single when I worked there before, so it wasn't a problem.

OK, back to work!
Old 04-08-2002, 04:57 PM   #13  

Default Newbie on site...

Hello Chiquitas...
Just popped in, wow, you guys got lots to read here...

Ali, I know bout the drinking thing... had a bridal shower on Saturday, and a wedding reception last night... not good ... I think I'm going to try your drinking on weekends only ...

Just got back from three weeks of travelling, (vacation + work), managed to stay withing my points range most of the time, but I didn't lose much, actually gained in the last week....

Still trying to get back into the swing of things... Didn't go into work today, wasn't feeling too great, physically and mentally, the gloomy weather's definitely not helping ...

Got a question, are the mood swings normal with the whole change in eating/ lifstyle habits, or is that just me???

Talk to you soon...
CL
Old 04-08-2002, 05:32 PM   #14  
Running Babe

Chocolate Lady!: Welcome! I am a former Montrealer! I moved here last year so welcome to our happy site (I grew up around the West Island). Could be the weather though, it has made me gloomy too and I am generally extra perky!

Kirsty: yeah I've accepted I am a "pear" shape... I heard it is better to be a pear though than an apple. Plus I have got compliment before on my rear view, so maybe it's not so bad being more of a J. Lo than a Kylie

Jen-L: Yeah my roomie is in politics, and half the time he puts in 12 hour days poor guy, it's a stressful life.

Belle: I can't make it to Calgary... maybe next year

See Y'all!

Ali
Old 04-08-2002, 07:00 PM   #15  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls,

Thought I'd jot a little-don't want to be accused of being a lurker!! So my eating has been way out of control probably since Easter!! I have been really busy & the weather has been particularly gloomy. I have been stress eating, worrying about finding a new place to live & worrying about finances & wedding stuff. I know those are no excuses for not eating well. I haven't been to the gym in a week either because I've been way too busy. Argh! I might go to Aquafitness tonight but right now I have a huge headache & don't feel like going in the least. Anyway one small step at a time. I need to be back on track. I have to fast tonight because I have to get blood tests done tomorrow I told my doctor about my shaking, felling faint, etc. when I go more than 2.5 hours in between eating & she told me it must be because I must eat so unhealthy that all the sugar I'm supposedly eating makes me peak & then crash! I was so mad. I try avoid sugar, especially unrefined sugars. She told me to cut all sugar (including fruit) out of my diet for two weeks & see if I felt better. Then she turns around & says because of my weight I better get tested for diabetes. Yet I have all the symptoms of hypoglycemia! Now I get to fast for 14 hours & then go get blood tests. Yep I'll be feeling like crap when I go that's for sure. Hopefully I don't pass out or anything. I hate it when doctors assume that all of your problems must be because you have poor nutrition! Compared to my DF I have a wonderful diet! Yet he doesn't get grief when he goes to the doctor because he is pretty average size. Argh! Sorry, just venting a little frustration...

Anyway I've got a big headache so I'm going to go lay down for a bit before supper...

Oh yeah Jess, you can move to Saskatchewan, we don't change time either!)

-Rina
Closed Thread