Old 09-07-2008, 10:48 PM   #16  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Well, we might get "Ike" here in the Gulf pretty soon. Wow, it's a busy hurricane season.

Susan, tell us all about your weekend. Did your dad have a great birthday party?

Tammy, what have you been up to?

Dori, you must be buried under a ton of school work.

Maureen, we're thinking about you. When do you move?

Jeanne, ------ I've already "talked" to you!!!

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #17  
Susan

HI,
Well Daddy's party was a HUGE success!!! He had a blast!! Three of his childhood friends came. Oh and my brother that married the hateful woman... came. He hasn't seen my family in 3 years. Welllllllll, he stayed 10 minutes! And they left mad!!!! He hurt his kids and my folks. I asked my Daddy if he was ok, and he replied "Yes but he is a big jack***" Oh when we were talking later, Daddy said my brother would not be welcome ever again in his house!!! He means it!!!!

My oldest brother called him today and he wanted to know if the party was ruined. Chuck said "No and it was a great party."

Guess I better get some school work done. Tomorrow is Open House! Yuck!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #18  
Thursday Lady

Guess what----I bought some scales!
Now I need to unpack it and try it out.

Susan, that's great about the party being fun. In-laws can really ruin a sibling--I know that from experience. I'm so sorry that happened. But, your dad didn't let it ruin the party and that's good.
I hope you have lots of parents at Open House.

Jeanne, how are things? Now that its getting cooler up there, maybe you can mail us some chocolates.
Dori, please let us know all about your school work.

Maureen, it's nearly October. Are you still moving then?

Tammy, how's it going?

Old 09-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #19  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Not too much to report. I didn't have a very good OP day yesterday....PMS! Urgh! On pace for a better day today, but....working in a candy (chocolate) store.....that could go ca-put at anytime! We haven't been very busy this week yet.
We are getting rain today. Our yards reallllllllly need it! Mine is brown! I am going to put my fall stuff out tomorrow at home. Flag, scarecrow....things like that! I think the official fall/autumn day is the 20 something.
Well, I better scoot............lunch is calling! I went to farmers market and bought nectarines and they are so darn good!!! Sweet as sugar actually!
Talk to you soon. I sure hope everyone is ok. You've been so quiet!

Tina - Yippee on the scale! (well as "yippppee" as you can get about a scale....haha!) Hows the weather? Did you get Ike?

Susan
- I'm glad you guys didn't let your older brother and sister-inlaw ruin your day! Yay for Daddy!!!!! I'm glad he enjoyed himself! I hope you have a good turn out for Open House today!

Hugs~
jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:06 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Well I don't know what I can say in this thread. So I will say I am glad I found this site to have like-minded "chicks" to talk to. I love WW lost 7 pounds my first week and I can't wait to weigh on Thurs. Sometimes it is just good to talk to someone who actually cares.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #21  
Thursday Lady

CakeBatter
I love your name!!! What can you say? Just about anything you can think of. We're all here in the same boat!
Congratulations on the 7 lb. loss. I would love one of those.
Please keep coming back here.
Tina
Old 09-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #22  
jeanne

Hi Cakebatter!!!! Welcome to 3FC!!! So nice to meet you! Congratulations on your 7# loss! Thats marvelous!!!! Feel free to talk about anything on your mind as well as your scale! We are easy going and love to talk! So, welcome again!

Hugs~
jeanne
Old 09-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #23  

Thanks everyone for a warm Welcome.

First Question is can I have a ticker? They are so cute.

I am so glad I have started taking care of myself again healthwise....because I feel AWESOME. I can't wait to get off work and hit the gym. My 10% goal is a new pair of running shoes and a few new CUTE workout outfits. What yours? If you haven't alreadyt listed them
Old 09-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #24  
Thursday Lady

good morning all,

CakeBatter, we're so glad to have you here. Could you tell us a little more about yourself?
I am Tina and I've been a Lifetimer since 1993. I haven't been at my goal weight for several years--but I'm getting there again. I live in south Texas and will be talking about hurricanes for at least another month.
You asked about getting a ticker. There is a rule that you must be a member for 20 days or post 20 times before you will be allowed to have one. There was some problem with Spam and that's why there's that rule.
Hey, come here often and you'll have your 20 posts in no time.

How is everyone doing today? I haven't gotten a good start on my water intake yet. I need to start working on that now!

Old 09-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #25  

Tina, I can totally tell you more about me. I Love to talk/type. I just turned 25 almost two weeks ago. In the past ten years I have done EVERY diet and I have lost weight but I always had that "After two week or a month I can eat again" mentality. On WW I don't feel like "when I get off this diet" metatlity.

Anyways about me personally, I love to read and shop and watch football. Any Pittsburgh Fans out there? I spend most of my time with my boyfriend . We travel a good bit. I have been to Cancun (w. friends), Orlando (w. boyfriend) and will be going to Vegas in Dec. I love to travel. My lifelong goal is to have a successful business that promotes women's self -esteem and inner-sexy. I have a business called "Superficial" but I want to be more personal and individual. It is hard to explain. I am sort of obsessive about things sometimes so please bare with me.

I reallyok forward to chatting with you guys and sharing LOTS of UPS and some downs.

SIZE 8 here I come.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #26  
Thursday Lady

Where is everybody????

I really think we're going to get some rain out of this hurricane. I watered this morning so that must mean we'll get some.

I found a good fish recipe. I'll try it and then post, if it's tasty.

Susan, how was the Open House?
Tammy, please let us know how you are doing. What is Tim taking this year?

Dori, you must come up for air some time.
Jeanne, I know you are busy with work and kids.
Maureen, I'm thinking about you!
CakeBatter, thank you for telling us about yourself.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:00 PM   #27  

Hi to all. I just haven't been in the mood to be posting. Tonight was the
2nd meeting of the Hospice grief counseling session. I cried almost the entire time that I was there.

Tina, most of Tim's classes this semester are in the criminal justice area. I'm really not even sure of which ones he is taking. He seems to be liking them though, so hopefully his grades will show that at the end of the semester.

Going to Retired Teachers meeting/lunch tomorrow, and then I'll meet Carol and Melissa for supper.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:12 AM   #28  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Hello ladies. Boy it's been a while since I've been on. So here goes a quick update.

School is going quiet well. I'm still trying to figure out how to effectively work within my 6/8 grade Math Resource class. I have 3 sixth graders who come to me and 6 8th graders all at the same time. Of course this is tricky because they are two two separate sets of standards. I have been to the administration, but their only answer is teach all of them 8th grade math. *sigh* My problem with that is the sixth graders won't be tested on 8th grade math. It's a bit frustrating, but I'm sure things will start coming together soon.

I'm still a little behind on my Master's program. I had to take an I in one class and had until Sunday to get everything in. Well low and behold my blasted computer started acting stupid and I didn't have it up and running again until Saturday. Now I could have gotten everything done on Saturday and Sunday, but I'm a huge procrastinator and I waited until Sunday. So let's just say I didn't get everything done. I'm already behind in my next class. It's so hard juggling work, school, being a mom/wife, etc.

On a personal note, I feel like a wreck most days. Spiritually I don't feel like I'm where I need or want to be in my walk with Christ. It feels like a constant battle and I wonder if it's ever going to get better. I battle with feelings of inadequatency (sp?). For once I my life I would love to look in the mirror and like what I see.

Well I feel as though I have rambled enough. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #29  
jeanne

Morning Chickies! It's so nice to see everyone!

Busy busy busy here! But.............I'm still staying on OP as much as I can! I have really found the biggest improvement I've made recently is cooking and eating at home and I have also increased my water intake tremendously!
Exercise.............yea, well.............I'm not to darn good there! I get all excited and motivated and I do it for a couple of days and then......I seem to lose interest!
Kaitlin and I were in a minor car accident on Friday night. So my car......(my new pretty car is getting some very minor repairs done) There were no serious injuries. No worries! Oh, and it wasn't my fault! Thank goodness!
Work is good. We are picking up a little. We will get busy in the next few weeks! Yay! I haven't been eating chocolate and seem to feel better with that diverticulosis. I have to stay on that high fiber diet tho. I have learned to like white chocolate and I will eat a white peanut butter cup or two a week!

Dori - it was so nice to see your post! I'm sure you will do whats best for the kids! My older daughter took resource for math. It is such a pain when your computer goes down. I'd be lost without mine! I'm sorry that you are feeling so blue these days about yourself! You are a beautiful, smart, healthy (for the most part) talented, hard working mom & teacher! Take a bow and like yourself sweetems' cause you really are beautiful! Heres a big hug coming your way.......

Tammy - Hi! I wish I had the words to make you feel better! I don't know what to say cause I don't know what I'd do if I were in your shoes. Stay busy and remember Bob would want you to be strong for yourself and for Tim. You must stay healthy!!!!

Tina - Hi! Wow...........you pouted that nobody has been around and then boom...........everyone appeared! Good job on that pouting! haha!
Can't wait to get the fish recipe. We love fish, but I never seem to prepare it correctly! I think of you everyday as I watch the news and listen for the areas of the storms. It's been a very busy season for you! Get on that water!!!!!

Cakebatter - It is so nice to hear your story. Wow, you are a go-getter and so full of motivation. You go girl! Stay focused and your dream of owning a successful business will happen. Good job on setting yourself a 10% goal with a reward for it! I think, if you don't mind me saying, you may just be our youngest - so please stay around and keep us young!!!
OH.................AND A PITTSBURGH FAN...............YOU JUST RAN INTO ONE! Tina was a little whiney because we kicked those Texan Butts last weekend! hahahahhahahahahah! Our house is completely decked out and ready for football season.

Well girls, I'm at work and really should "work" - so I'll talk to you soon. Stay OP, drink your water and shake some booty!!!!

Hugs~
jeanne
Old 09-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #30  

Hello ALL. Well today is my weigh-in day ...soooooo wish me luck. I walked 21 miles this week and stayed in my points (well i did use 3 flex points) so we will se how that pans out.

Dori- I am huge procrastinator too. You seem to be very busy. I am sure some one has already told you this....but I jsut commit to doing 30 minutes each day until the last day. And then when the last day get here even if I still have half of the work left then....hey it is only half.

Tina - Sorry about the butt whoopin' Hopefully you will beat the pants off the Ravens....they won the first and only Steelers game I ever went to and now I totally despise them!!!

Tammy - May God bless you. Only time will make this hurt better.

Everyone else have a great day!!!!! And make fun out of every incident you can.