Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 08:18 PM   #61  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

ok the usual for me, happy belated birthdays ladies!! hope you enjoyed!!
Another flying visit, I should know about th position by the end of the month,
And I got my dress, luckily i found out this dinner dance is nothing more than a glorified disco lol saves ALOT of embarrassment, so this is my dress, bare in mind iv no tan make up etc on an the hair isn done lol,
Ill post pics from tht wknd, jus to show ye lol, but what do you all think??
Believe it or not, my mam picked out the dress??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dinner dance dress.jpg (21.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #62  
GmaTo8

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I had a great day today, being totally spoiled and pampered by the family, lol.

Angie my db twin - I hope you had a great birthday, too!!!!

I am totally worn out, but will be back tomorrow with individuals.

Hugs,
Old 09-11-2008, 11:08 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies,

A quick one tonight to fess up. I fell off the wagon. I didn't make it on the Phase 1 SBD/WW through today so I will move on to Phase 2 SBD/WW tomorrow. Guess it just isn't my way of eating.

Catch y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 09-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #64  
Patty

S/C/G: 208/195.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Trish,

I did South Beach and had good results with it. The first 2 weeks are awful... I missed my fruit. South Beach Supercharged helped me a lot...

I also decided to do a combination of SB/WW. I started WW because we started WW at work and I thought it would be good for me to have face to face contact.

Have a great weekend
Old 09-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #65  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Mary Kate - thank you for the wishes. Your bd is right around the corner! Will you be in WDW at that time?

Sue - aww, thank you for the birthday greeting, too. It's good to see you here even if you aren't doing WW. Anyone who is trying for better health is welcome here. Glad to here your mom is better. Like Trish, I think about her.

Trish - you sure lasted a lot longer than I did on SB P1!! It's a killer, for sure, when a person is used to WW Flex. Thanks for the anniversary wishes!

Jen - I like the dress, and tell your mam I said she has good taste, lol.

Patty -

Neal and I are taking off for the Amish restaurant after while, then we're going to the movies to see Burn After Reading. Seems like a cute comedy.

Tomorrow I'll be in Terre Haute with my friend Dixie at a conference, but will check in as soon as I can.

Have a good weekend!!
Old 09-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #66  

Hi Ladies,

Been a busy day. We went to Costco in Charlotte today. We don't go as often now that gasoline is so hi, but we love the tomatoes we get there. I didn't get any fruit because they are in such bulk amounts and ruin before we get them eaten. However, I got of those little sweet peppers and some sugar peas that I love to eat in salads or even as what I call finger salads. I found some turkey and ham cuts that will work great as roll ups.

Ruth - I think you are the one who told us about the green bags that make our fruits and veggies last longer and they are great. It is really neat that my veggies are lasting so long and I'm not throwing them away because they rot any more. Thanks for sharing with us about them.

Jane - Sounds like you and Neal have a great anniversary "date" planned. Have fun. Where is the Amish restaurant? I remember you telling me about it, but don't remember where it is. Have fun with your friend tomorrow in Terre Haute. I told Tony that I don't plan to go there with him ever again. He took me to see the places where he lived growing up and then was so upset and disappointed that nothing was the same. However, we did have fun and enjoyed the bookstore and walking around at the university where he graduated from even tho even that had been changed.

Patty - I have the Supercharged book. I read somehere that if you have a difficult time with SBD P1 then just start SBD P2. That is what I think I will do. I liked SBD P1 because it stops the cravings especially for sweets, but I found myself wanting something sweet this time. Besides the fact that I am a person who needs some grains like the oatmeal, I honestly think keeps me from eating sweets even tho I do enjoy some of the dessert recipes I found on the website here on 3fc. I love coffee with vanilla cream, but since I couldn't have it on SBD I learned to use a little bit of milk with a splash of vanilla flavoring and it is actually very good. How are you doing with the WW/SBD combo? It is very WW friendly.

Jen - I forgot to tell you that the dress looks good on you. Have fun at the party. Fingers crossed for you getting the promotion.

Debbie - How are you feeling? Hope your feeling better.

Mary Kate - When is your bd?

Angie, Jaime, Sue, Stabledgurly and anyone I missed -

I check my medicare each day and when I got home from Charlotte I checked and everything is straightened out. I can go back to the chiropratic center next week. Yesterday I saw on computer that the center filed with my medicare and evidently it got their attention and speeded things up because today it shows I left the previous insurance August 31st and went with the new plan Sept 1st. Thank God it all got straightened out before the 60 days. Also there was a lady at medicare who put me on hold while she went to reprocess things for me and I never knew what happened because I got bumped off the call some how. Maybe she along with the claim got things done. Any way, I am so glad I can call first thing Monday and get DH and my appointments set up again.

My son and his wife are riding out Hurricane Ike as his neighbors say they all are like an island in these things but safe. I certainly hope so, because it looks like they are going to be right in the center of it since they live between Galveston and Houston. My sister and her family headed to our hometown in Waco. So I'm praying for the safety of all involved.

Everybody have a great week end.

Trish
Old 09-12-2008, 08:46 PM   #67  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Everyone!

I woke up this morning with intense pain in in my right ear and on the right side of my face, which confirmed what I had been thinking, this cold went into a sinus infection. So I called the doctors office and was able to get in. She agreed with me, but I've had so many of these in my lifetime I know the signs as soon as they happen. Other than the trip to the doctors office, it's the same old same old.

Trish, no I won't get this week's BSF plan, but that's okay because the lecture part after you get done with your group, will cover that.

Good night all.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:51 PM   #68  
I can dream, can't I?

Trish- As I watch the news tonight I am thinking good thoughts for your family in Texas. I pray they are safe and dry.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #69  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening ladies!

Been hearing the new of the weather way down south,,,praying for all those there a safe time...

Jane,,,glad to hear you got pampered,,,you deserve it Girl. And you and Neal have a romantic dinner,,,
My birthday was up there as being one of the best ones ever. Got crazy spoiled at work. Even my driver's wives called in to wish my a happy birthday. Got 3 bouquets of flowers, balloons, screamerings and banners. I wore a pink tiara all day. And I have two lunch dates set up for next week.
Came home to roses, and dinner! Tanner got me my favorite movie,,,Pride and Prejudice. Brandon dear boy was told to buy me this purse I was eyeing....lol (from the women at work,,,love them) Now Brandon's birthday is the day before mine,,,he made the start of my day interesting, and not in a good way. He went out for his birthday,,,told him not to since he has to be at work at 6 am. He went out...got home at 2:30 am drunk. I never went back to sleep....woke at 5:15,,,got him up,,,he is still drunk! So I took him to work....and he worked! I was so ticked at him. But with our company,,,we have so many young people this isn't a new thing for them...well its darn right new to me! Anyways he suffered later let me tell you! and GOOD!

Jen that is such a cute dress,,,gold hoops, and if you have boots,,,will look great!

Sue Im so glad your mom is doing well....

Trish,,,wouldn't be too hard on yourself about falling off the wagon,,,as long as you get back on that is the real strength.

Hello MaryKate,,,how many more sleeps till holidays? Wish I was going with you...we would have a blast!

Welcome Debbie! Sorry to hear about your sinuses...I hate when I feel like Ive gotten hit with a bat (thats how I feel when my sinuses are infected)

Im going for dinner with my brother and his gf tomorrow,,,lunch with friends and a movie. Momma Mia,,,wanting to see that for so long.
Then Sunday Im doing a fashion show,,,and interactive fashion show that is,,,I wear the clothes and walk around and talk about what Im wearing. How it feels and well I have no idea if Im to read a card or make things up as I go....arghhh Ive already gotten all my clothes picked out and Im wearing the cutest little jacket ever! Is mine!

Well Im gonna go crash,,,watch my movie and rest...feeling like Im going the way Debbie went,,,sinuses. blah

hugs
Angie
Old 09-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #70  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone from wet and soggy Illinois. We are under flood watches. My sump pump has been working overtime and my fear is it will demand some time off before this rain stops. I had to run to the video store last night, and the roads were getting flooded. Well, should I say they were getting flooded on my way there, but they weren't on my way home. That I don't understand one bit. Anyway, I live about 2 miles from the Kankakee river, but so far my house has been lucky. We are high enough up that we haven't flooded yet.

I was able to walk 45 minutes yesterday. I kept the speed of the treadmill down to only 2mph, but my sinus trouble is on its way out. The doctor put me on Avelox, as its one of the few stronger antibiotics that I can take. I have some allergy issues, I'm allergic to E-mycin and Sulfa drugs which pretty much take out two branches of antibiotics they usually give to folks.

How did you like the movie Angie?
Old 09-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #71  
GmaTo8

Hello all,

Trish - oh dear, I hope your family is safe! Give us updates, ok? There are several Amish restaurants around here. There's one in Eville, not too far off the I64 route, called the Black Buggy. Maybe we should meet there in Nov? Aren't you just so glad we have computers to look up all this medical info? I did the same thing with St. Mary's website when I had a couple of procedures done. I love technology. Well, the parts I understand, that is, lol.

Debbie - how are your sinuses this morning? Better, I hope. I'm bothered with that, too, at times, and it drives me bonkers. Southern Indiana is getting pounded with rain and wind right now. Lots of branches breaking off the trees, etc. The worst of it is going north, though.

Sue - are you getting the winds and rain from Ike, too? We sure are.

Angie - I got your card, and it is so cute! I had no idea we could send those music ones through the mail w/o them being ruined. Thank you for it. Glad your birthday was a good one. What's the purse look like? I love purses and shoes. And jewelry. And clothes. teehee

Jules - this is the place, and I hope you join us.

Hi to all others.

Neal and I had a good anniversary. The Amish food was soooo good! I tried to keep it real, but I have to admit, I over did it. We saw the movie Burn After Reading. It was really cute, lol. George Clooney, Brad Pitt, what's not to like, eh? Brad Pitt plays a real doofus, and does a good job of it.

Did I mention I'm going to NC to visit with some friends? I leave Thrusday morning, and will be back Sun. evening. I'll taking the laptop, so I can still check in. Anyway, it's time for me to think about what clothes I'm taking, etc.

Have a good Sunday.

Last edited by Jane; 09-14-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:03 PM   #72  

Hi Ladies,

Quick one here. Thanks for thoughts and prayers for my family in TX. My son and wife didn't leave. All their neighbors say they are safe there. They lost some tree limbs and their fence. My sister got really sick and wasn't able to leave, but I talked to them just before their cell phone went out and they were fine.

Jane - I looked up the Amish restaurant and would to meet you and Neal there. I would love to see their general store as well. I think that would be fun. Aren't you a gad about. Have fun on your trip.

Everybody else - Catch ya later.

Trish
Old 09-15-2008, 11:46 AM   #73  
Patty

S/C/G: 208/195.4/150

Happy belated birthday wishes!! Hope you all enjoyed your special day.

I was up .8 lbs this morning on my WI at home... we'll see what my official WI shows at noon

I think I need to reread the book I got at the first session because I'm missing something. I feel as if I'm just bumbling around... I like some of the concepts from South Beach like eating unprocessed foods and staying away from the fat free because of the "stuff" that is added. Eating this way adds too many points to my meals.... I'm blonde and I'm soooo confused.

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #74  

Hello Ladies,

Just another quick one to say Started working on getting this house clean. Doing just a little bit at a time. Start back to chiropractic center tomorrow so I'll be getting really busy. So I will checking in when I can. I am staying OP which is good. I hope everyone is doing well.

Trish
Old 09-17-2008, 08:31 AM   #75  
GmaTo8

Hi,

Trish - so glad to hear your family in Texas is ok. Neal has some friends down there that didn't have any damage, but said the power is going to be out for about 3 weeks where he lives, so they packed up and went to Florida for a vacation. I wish all of them that are affected could just take a long vacation. Let us know how it goes at the chiro, ok?

SPatty - are you doing Flex? If so, don't forget to add in your extra 35 points per week. I personally add 5 per day. That should help you.

I'm taking off very early tomorrow to meet up with some friends in NC. I'll have my laptop with me, but not sure how much time I'll actually have to post.

Toodles!

Last edited by Jane; 09-17-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Closed Thread