#204 Bale of Turtles Doing Fine!

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
    Judy
    Itryharder
    (for Lin and Lauren)
  • Hi Guys, make sure to check back in #203 because there are a couple of good posts there.
    Have a great weekend, stay OP, and drink your water. Now that the weather is finally breaking, let's commit to more exercise. Shake it up and keep it going!
    Judy
  • Hi turtles:

Judy - I am going to do my w/i tomorrow at home since I am joining TOPS in September, so taking a few weeks off WW meetings. But will post with my results tomorrow.

My eggplant dish turned out really good & was 2 points for 1/4 of the dish, which was a nice sized portion. We had beef strips w/veggies as well. So nice low point dinner. We also had our wine, but counted my 4 points for that.

Weather has been great up here this week & hoping for a nice weekend as well.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying on track.

Take care
  • Hi Turtles,
    Bandit, good luck on your at home WI. That's a smart way to go. Let us know how you like TOPS once you're started.

Princess, how are you doing?

Cherry and Chrily, keep on keepin' on.

Lauren, here's the salad recipe. I love this one. It's good to make ahead and refrigerate. It's fine served hot as soon as you cook the pasta. It's good lukewarm. It's good with all kinds of pasta and I especially like this with rotini. Here's the recipe:

Put 3/4 bag fresh spinach, chopped, into bowl
    add 1/2 container grape tomatoes, cut in half
    add lemon zest from about 1/4 of a lemon--cut it in tiny pieces

Then pour 1 cup dry orzo (or any pasta) cooked over ingredients.
    Let sit to wilt the spinach--then toss
    Add fresh basil strips and a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil and toss again.

This makes 6 small servings for 2 points each.
    You can use the whole bag of spinach--I prefer baby spinach you can add more tomatoes to expand the recipe and keep the points low. If I eat this as a dinner, I double the pasta, increase the points and even sprinkle it with a tiny bit of parmesan cheese. All delicious--just remember to count in the extras.

I'll be busy this weekend again so I won't have a chance to chime in. I made a cole slaw again to get veggies in and I've done okay today. Take it easy and do well. talk to you all o n Monday.

Judy
  • Good Morning Turtles,

It has been a while since i posted. Sounds like every has good ideas to keep themselves on points. My daughter is 3 1/2 and I am going to try my hand at Home Pre-schooling. So i am sure my days will be hectic but i am going to keep trying o be a healthier me.

All the recipes sound delicious. I am going to have to try some of them.
  • Bandit - Just checking in to see how your weigh in at home went.

Judy - Your recipe looks good i will have to try that sometime soon.

Chrily - I noticed you posted in the old thread. Hope you find us. It is good to hear from you.

Princess - How are things going for you?
  • Hi Cherry - I was down 1.2# this week so was happy with that.

Weekends are always a challenge & this week I am taking Monday off since I worked last Friday. I had KFC chicken yesterday which I didn't need so have to stay focussed and make better choices.

Weather has been nice up here lately even though they are calling for afternoon shower and tomorrow is suppose to be hot & sunny, so I am planning on having a pool day tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Howdy Turtles! Sorry I have been away for so long... busy at work and home getting DS ready to head back to school and work is keeping me a bit busier.

I have to read and catch up on everything that has been happening and will post again soon.

Went to W/I on Saturday even with my TOM and was way up... 2.8 but I am on track and in a pretty good frame of mind these days so it will all work out.

Have a great day all!
  • Hi Turtles,
    s: to Bandit! that's a great weight loss.

Cherry, home schooling your little one should be demanding and rewarding. I know you can do it.

Princess, glad you posted and that you're doing okay. Getting college ones back to school is a lot of work. I still remember climbing four flights of stairs with all the stuff my youngest dd needed for her dorm room. Egads. Anyway--your weight gain is temporary and you're very near your goal.

Lauren, how are you doing? I think about you and your success a lot. As a matter of fact, today I planned my day of eating and started a crockpot with chicken for tonight's dinner. Good thing I did because my dd and dgrandson showed up, we headed out for a late lunch and I had the points to use and it's been a good day.

Just back from my ds's place upstate. He and his two young children and my dh and I had a whirlwind weekend where we were able to have fun and help out my ds. The eating was as good as I could make it, but I'm probably up and my WI is on Wed. morning. I'll let you know.
    Take it easy, stay OP and be proud of yourself.
    Judy
  • Hi turtles:

I was off yesterday, so cut grass at trailer & had big swim (did 20 lengths)
    so felt good after that. Actually, got abit of a sunburn but fine today.
    Then I got home & cut my grass there last night. So nice to be all caught up at both places.

Tonight my gf is coming for dinner and we are making
    "fish fillets with black bean compote" at 4 points/serving. So hoping that turns out well. Will let you know if we like it.

I have been pretty good the last few days with my menu & really am tired of this up/down thing. I mean really - I know what needs to be done, so why don't I just get to it?

Have a good day & drink some extra water!
  • Howdy all!

Bandit: I could not have said it better myself! Especially lately... OMG but I have just up and down... eating like a horse one minute then back on plan the next... ugh!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Hi All Turtles,
    Bandit and Princess, I'm with you--eating more than I should and then staying OP for a net result that I'm up more in weight. Wed. is my WI and I know I haven't lost any weight this week. I make plenty of good choices, but that's not enough. I have to make allllllllll good choices.

things are going well now, I send you all my best, and here's to help us all get and keep on track. Home delivered foods, TOPS, WW, journaling, extra water, exercise, whatever it takes is what we aim to do.

My short term goal is to lose two pounds by the middle of September.
    What are your short term goals?
    Judy
  • Hi Judy - good question for us all!

Shortterm : proper grocery shopping (no extra treats I don't need), 3 walks/this week, point-friendly nighttime snacks (sometimes I do well all day then go overboard at night), plan menu for 3 days.
    Longterm: to be in onderland by Dec 1st.
  • Morning all and happy Wednesday! So glad that we have a long weekend coming up... yah!

Short term goal for me: Get my butt out and walk every evening that I can...even it is only a mile. Stop my mindless eating!!! Plan better dinners and lunches.

Long term... well I will miss my original goal of my birthday but I hope to get to goal by the end of the year...
  • Hi turtles:

Hope you are all staying OP today & drinking your water.

Last night we made the "fish fillets black bean compote" and it turned out really good & I have enough for my dinner tonight. The base of this could be used for lots of other things as well. So will make this again for sure.

Princess - you are doing so well, so don't get discouraged - remember "baby steps" and you will get to your goal.

Time for lunch - yah!