Old 08-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Judy - good luck at the scales! Good idea taking your own food - no excuses to overindulge with the goodies.

Princess - I am sure you are doing fine at the scales. Nice job on getting in a walk.

Nice day up here but they are calling for more rain over the next few days.

We have set records with all the rain this summer. And before we know it, the cold weather wil be back. And it sure makes for lots of grass cutting.

Have a great OP day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #17  

It is nice to see everyones posts. I have not been doing so well. I have been trying to find a medecine that will help with my depression and so far it has not been going well. It gets frustrating when it seems like there is nothing out there that is going to help.

Well enough of the depressing talk. Thanks for listening. My weight issues certainly is helping my depression so i need to make an effort to make better choices and lose this weight. It has been around long enough and it is time for it to go.

Keep up the good work everyone it is bound to pay off.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #18  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Cherry, you are a sweetheart to wish the Turtles words of encouragement even though you're having a tough time of it yourself. I know that your doctor will find something that will help you. We're always happy to listen.
Do you feel up to baby steps to help with your weight? Maybe just drinking more water might help.
In any case, here's a and : to help you out.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #19  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Cherry, since you are my "twin" in another part of the country, and you seem so much like me, I am sending you ((hugs)) and telling you it will get better. If you don't mind me asking, what meds have you tried so far. I took Lexapro for awhile but it killed my sex life so I switched to Wellbutrin and that was the polar opposite. Then I felt I was fine enough and quit everything for almost a year. Then earlier this year, I started having problems again and tried Celexa. Bad stuff for me--I was so sick from the side effects. Now I am taking a anti-depressant "cocktail". I take Lexapro and Wellbutrin XL and the combo work good. Everyone is right...chin up! There is something out there that will help you. There is tons of different meds, it's just a matter of finding the one that works. And yes I know...it is SUPER HARD in the meantime. Been there and it has always been difficult. Love you sunshine! Hope you're day is going good.

Well all, I'll post more later. The kids are hungry and Nicole wants to go to Toys R Us to pick out her birthday present ( a new bike ). She's going to be 6 yrs old tomorrow.

Chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:10 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and a very happy Wednesday to everyone. Doing fairly well with my food but still tend to eat too much but I went for a walk last night and got in about 2.5 miles so that was good. My hips are sore from the walking and that just tells me that I need to keep at it so that I don't stiffen up like this.

Beautiful weather here today but got a ton of rain yesterday, our area is like Bandits - lots of rain this summer season but we have had lots of sun also - at least my gardens are doing better.

Our state fair starts today... groan! Love the fair but the food is not friendly! We are thinking of going this coming Sunday so I will get my plan in place now.

Depression is a hard thing to deal with so I hope that all that are suffering with it find some relief soon.

Good luck to everyone with their W/I's this week!

I have to run but will try and check back later on.
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #21  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
I'm back from my WI mtg. I gained 0.2#, but I don't think it's a real gain. I wore a different outfit (and I will definitely go back to wearing the same outfit week after week since that works for me!) and I probably just had more in my tummy this WI than last week. In any case, I'm going Core right now! I've decided that's the smartest thing for me to do. In the meantime the leader talked about the mtg. we had 4 weeks ago and looking forward to Labor Day and the loss we could have. Well, I was up pretty high then and I have lost 2.8# since then. I had told myself I could lose 5 pounds by Labor DAy and by my calculations, I can do that. That's why I'll try Core and see how I do==it's always good to shake up a plan.

Good luck to everybody and take care.
Judy
234.6/218/thinner into onederland
Old 08-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #22  

Thanks for the encouragement ladies.

Chrily- I have tried Prozac, cymbalta, wellbutrin (made me angry and i would scream at my family. Got off that pretty quick.) Also Zoloft.

Bandit, Princess, and Judy - Keep on keeping on
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #23  
Focus on the Process

Cherry, Lexapro is a fairly good one. I never had a problem with it really. As for Wellbutrin, there is a difference between the SR and the XL tabs. I do better on the XLs and the SRs made me edgy all the time. When do you get to see your doctor next?

I'm a "donkey on the edge" (from the Shrek movie). I had 3 extra kids last night. Each daughter had someone spend the night and now I feel like pulling my hair out and dropping them all off at the local orphanage. Too much stress. It is hard to keep everyone happy. Actually virtually impossible.

Well hubby has finally decided that he would like to work for someone else. Owning our own business is more than he bargained for. Customers aren't paying and our bills are stacking up, with our acct. in the negative. I'm tired of fighting and worrying all the time and he is too. So he's put some apps in and we'll see what happens. It's in God's hands I guess.

Well talk to you soon,

chris
Old 08-08-2008, 08:10 AM   #24  

Morning all and happy Friday to everyone! It is supposed to be a beautiful weekend here, sunny and in the low 80's... wonderful weather to work in the yard and garden and go to the fair on Sunday. I have been walking in the evenings, alone as DH does not seem interested in walking right now but I have been chugging along anyway. Not looking for a huge loss this W/I but I will take what I can get.

I was out in the garden last evening picking green beans and tomatoes... we finally have red ones! Yah! Love home grown tomatoes! Picked a ton of beans so I guess I know what our vegetable will be this weekend... LOL. I would like to freeze some as there is not really enough to can them but will have to look up the directions.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Princess
Old 08-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #25  
Focus on the Process

Morning, I just got up a little while ago. I know....I was a sleepy head. I am feeling a little better, but still feeling drained. I was taking Zocor for my cholestoral and was tired all the time. I was going to bed around 9:30 and sleeping until 10:30. I'm normally the night owl so, that was really not normal for me at all and I was having all these little muscle tics (in my eye, in my arm, back, and in my leg). Since I haven't taken it for the last 3 nights, I haven't had a muscle tic at all. I think I'll go with my dad's advice and take fish oil. He has high cholestoral too (ahhh, the genetics of our family) and with the fish oil, his is down to 134, without all the side effects. Problem right now is that I am still super fatigued. It stinks!

Anyhow, the fair is in town here too, Princess. My daughter wants to go with her friends tonight. My younger ones want to go but they'll have to wait until this week sometime. We need to get some money coming first. Well I suppose...I have to get things cleaned up so we can go do something today, maybe head out to the lake.

Chris
Old 08-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #26  
Chick

chrily, good luck on your financial decisions. I hope things ease up for you guys soon.

Princess, good to hear you're exercising and all! My garden is behind yours. I've got lots of basil and a couple of eggplants, but the tomatoes aren't red yet. I'm looking forward to when they ripen. Nothing like garden tomatoes.
Have fun at the fair and really enjoy yourself.

Looks like we've got a busy weekend here all of a sudden. Dd and dsil are coming in for dinner tonight. Then tomorrow we're all heading to a type of county fair with hot air balloons. We've never gone before and it sounds like a lot of fun. If the weather holds out (we're supposed to get rain), we're going to an open field to launch some model rockets. My dear grandson loves this stuff and he's so good! There will be quite a few of us and it should be a lot of fun. Then our niece is having us all back for a BBQ. I'm back to Flex. It is just too hard for me to go back to Core. That's okay. I'll count points.

You all havae a good weekend and remember to keep the prize in sight!

Judy
Old 08-10-2008, 08:53 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I stayed same again at my w/i, so really have to bump things up this week. I just got back from walking track with my neighbour & we did 7 laps, so that was good.

My dd is away in Dominican this week, so will be quiet around here. I stayed home this weekend since it rained most of the weekend. Really have had enough rain this year.

I was looking into another group called TOPS (taking off pounds sensibly) and sounds similar to WW but not as professional. But very cheap. Over summer they only have w/i but no set meeting. So, I might check that out in Sept when the meetings start up. They are calorie counters instead of points, but have weekly information meetings. Anyway, just thinking about it at this point. Maybe something new might get me re-motivated.

I also joined a Womens Social group, & went to 1st coffee get together Friday, so hoping that will open up some new interests and friendships.

Heres to having a great week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:12 PM   #28  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hi, everyone -- just a quick drive-by here. We had house guests this weekend -- again! I think we've got a revolving door or something. They left today, and we've been lazing around, recovering. My mom and brother left last Tuesday after a 10-day visit. My dad and his wife arrive in a week or so. Next weekend we'll be away, visiting friends. So it has been quite the social whirl.

Eating is fine. I ate a bit more fruit than usual over the past week, and splurged on some corn on the cob. But how can you not eat this great produce this time of year? Impossible. And so far, I'm still losing.

Hope everyone is doing well; have a great week!
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #29  

Morning all and happy Monday! Went to W/I and the meeting on Saturday, was down 2.4 lbs so I was pretty darn happy! Went to the fair yesterday and ate more points then I should have but it was a fun and nice day and now it is over with so it back to chugging along... I should also note that the 1/2 of funnel cake and the corn dog that I ate was very very greasy and did not settle well at all with my stomach so I guess my body is changing because I am not likely to make that mistake again any time soon... maybe one or the other not both!

I hope that everyone is well and enjoying what is left of the summer.

Bandit: I understand what you are saying about the change in plan and getting re-motivated, I hope you figure it out to your satisfaction.

I will check back in later on!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:09 AM   #30  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I just looked into the flat belly diet, but honestly I know it's going to be one of those restricted diets and I'm not up to that right now. However, I've got to get stricter and more plausible with what I'm doing. It looks like I may be up almost 2# for my WI and that's ridiculous. I feel like banging my head against a wall. I've been eating for no reason this week and that gets me nowhere! Okay--I know what to do and I'll do it. I'm just not sure I can get this off by my official WI tomorrow. Enough whining.

Bandit, staying the same isn't fun. It would be interesting to see if TOPS works for you. Certainly re-motivating is a constant challenge for us. I'm glad you headed to a Women's Social Group to make new friends and pursue new interests. I do think boredom plays a huge part in negativity in our lives and can also easily lead to overeating. I admire that you're looking for ways to improve.

Lauren, you're a great inspiration and I'm so glad you're back on this site. You're showing that it is possible to have house guests and still keep on losing. You are so close to onederland!! Thanks for your encouragement.

Princess, Down 2.4# is wonderful! Keep up the : I knew you could do it! I went to a fair over the weekend and I'm with you in knowing that the fatty foods found there can lead to tummy troubles. We're just not used to eating that way anymore. I was going to buy an Italian Sausage Hero for dinner, but the vendors were overwhelmed by the amount of customers and I left the line since it would have taken a long time. Yay!

Busy weekend for me. Went to hot air balloon fair on Saturday, then to a family BBQ on Sunday after shopping for birthday presents for my ever growing family. Also shopped on Monday since my good friend is coming to us on Sunday for her birthday dinner and this upcoming Saturday we are going to be godparents to our little great nephew and we'll be at his baptism.

Okay==gotta run and clean the house and check the veggies in the garden. It looks like the tomatoes may be ripening now. take care, be well and keep on keepin' on!
Judy