Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 05:12 AM   #1  

Smile Fabulous 40's #121

Okay Girls here we go!

I started a new thread since this is our spring challenge. I will post my loss every Saturday. We CAN & WILL do this. We have to. I've been in a rut so long & this is my motivation!

Here's to all of you. HIGH FIVE!!!

Have a great OP day. Be back later.

Hugs,
Es
Old 03-20-2002, 08:06 AM   #2  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Spring Challenge

Ok, I'm ready for the SPRING Challenge.

I weighed this morning, this rainy but wonderful first day of SPRING and I will post every Wednesday.

Today I am weighing in at 194, 10% of that is 19.4. Good luck ladies.....we CAN do this!!

Zoe <><
194/19.4/0
Old 03-20-2002, 09:16 AM   #3  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Here we go! I haven't had breakfast yet, am getting out my journal folder and am starting fresh. I've got my H2O glass by my side. What a great way for us to welcome SPRING!!!

Good luck to us all.

My mind will definitely be off of food, I've got a whole day of studying/homework facing me. Midday I'm taking a break to exercise; if it's not raining I'm going to walk. Otherwise I'll do weight toning. My goal is to alternate each day.

later,
~Jen
Old 03-20-2002, 03:56 PM   #4  

Whoops - here's my post from 120 (pg.6) - I didn't see 121.

Sandy - A PIA is a Pain-in-(the)-***, Excuse my french! Glad to hear you're ready for the spring challenge - Es had a great idea. Good luck to all of us! Sorry to hear about your long drive to visit you mom. I'm about 25 mins. from the hospital my mom is in, but there's always a ton of traffic on the highway we have to take, so it seems longer. Hope she mends quickly.

Janie - Congrats on maintaining - good job! If you don't make your goal by July (3.5 more lbs???), I will shoot you! OMG, you are soooooooooo close to goal, fantastic! Thanks for the pep talk - I will
reach my goal!!! We ALL will!

Hi again everyone else - Have a good one!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 03-20-2002, 06:58 PM   #5  

Thumbs down

Hi

Rain, rain, rain is what we had all day. I stayed on program all day! I didn't get to exercise but I have till Saturday. I did the treadmill Monday for 30 minutes then I plan to Thursday & Saturday. Next week I'll go for 4 days.

I'm so proud of all of you. Everybody was ready for our exciting challenge.

Going to go browse around a few threads & sites.

Be back tomorrow.

You go Girls!

Es
Old 03-20-2002, 08:26 PM   #6  
Diet Goddess

Default Spring!

Hello everyone, and thank you to Zoe for the pm pointing me to this board.

I weigh in on Tueday evenings, loss of .8 this week. Dare I challenge myself to a lunchtime walk three days out of seven? Yes! I can DO this!

Take care
Old 03-20-2002, 09:45 PM   #7  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi Chicago Ms,
We're neighbors....I grew up on the NW side......have transplanted to Wheeling (NW burb). Nice to see you here.

Es, good job on a good day!

I got quite a bit done today; besides studying and a walk, I was able to do 6 or 7 loads of laundry where does it come from???????

good luck tomorrow, girls. We'll all be flaunting it in June!

~Jen
Old 03-20-2002, 10:27 PM   #8  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Evening Ladies.....

Well, I made it through today. We went out for dinner tonight and to Home Depot so I was thinking "no way will I do the treadmill tonight"......"I'll be too tired, too full from having dinner late"......anyway, I DID do the treadmill!! I am so proud of myself.

Jen ~ I'm so glad to hear that there is some other household that has as much laundry as mine. I think that's considered EXERCISE.

ChicagoMs ~ So glad that you found us. Jump right in...it's great here. Our Spring Challange is that we can lose 10% of our current weight by the end of spring, the first day of summer. We started today so you're just in time. Some of us are going to post our stats this way ~ currentWt/10%/lbs lost on that 10%. Example if I started at 150 (that's a dream ok??)
150/15/4 ~ anyway, welcome in!!

Es ~ have you dried out yet? We finally had sun this afternoon, first time in al,\most 2 days. Nothing but rain and thunder. It's supposed to get warmer as the week wears on.

Dianne ~ I sent you an email

Hi to everyone else.
Hope y'all did great on this first day of SPRING

Zoe <><
194/19.4/0

Last edited by Zoe; 03-20-2002 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2002, 11:54 AM   #9  

Hi guys:

Okay here goes:

158.2/15.8/8.2

I think that's right - its my original weight, how much I have to lose for the 10% and how much I've lost so far. Is that the way to do this? HELP!!!

Hi Chicago - welcome! Glad to have you.

Can't address everyone right now, but thinking of all of you. Will come back tonight.

Zoe - I'll check my e-mail at home tonight and thanks!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 03-21-2002, 01:24 PM   #10  

Good morning everyone,
I am a terrible example for all of you. Here it was the first day of our challenge and I blew it already. Yesterday I really thought I was doing well, but one of my co-workers who knows that I love cats and Key Lime Pie brought in some KLP especially for me. Of course I had to try some and I really only took a tiny piece, he wanted me to take more and I politely refused saying that I am on WW. I even figured in what I thought those extra points would add to my total. Well, I had no idea that KLP is probably the highest concentration of points of any food on the planet. The points according to my book were twice what I expected so I ended up 3 points over, on our first day. Oh well, If you start at the bottom there is only up from here. I did walk 4 miles though. That should have worked off at least 1 of those extra KLP points. Anyway, congratulations to all of you who stayed OP. You are awesome!!!

Tonight is girls night out with Ellen. I will have to be careful with my choices.

Have an OP Thur,
JanieD
Old 03-21-2002, 02:13 PM   #11  

Janie - just "shake it off" sweetie. And if you walked 4 miles, I truly believe you walked the whole 3 pts. off Anyway, don't sweat it, today's a new day! Have fun with Ellen tonight!

P.S. Everyone - just a quick update, because I think its some good news - I called the hospital and they said they took my mom off the respirator today They said not to get too excited, but they want to see if she can breathe on her own. I will see her tonight. Talk to you's later!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 03-21-2002, 04:08 PM   #12  

Angry

Hi Girls

Welcome ChicagoMs! The more the merrier. We talk about everything here. I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for this group. We support eachother thru good times & bad. Congratulations on your loss

Dianne, I can't help but to feel excited about the news. That's a good sign isn't it? I will continue to pray. Please keep us posted.

Janie my friend, dust yourself off & pick yourself up. No biggie. That KLP was yesterday & today is a new day. You burned some of it off already. Have a great time with Ellen.

Zoe, if I don't get on the treadmill as soon as I get home forget about it. There's always the next day. Maybe you can add an extra 5 minutes next time.

Jen, you were quite busy. I like being busy cause it keeps me from snacking. Are you going to get the walking tapes? I just ordered some tapes. I am such a sucker for these infomercials. I didn't even tell Pete cause he'll have a comment. They're called SlimInSix. Its resistance, kickboxing, stretching & yoga. I'll be getting them in a couple of weeks. Gotta keep myself motivated!

Myra, how are you?

Girls, I'm going to post my loss the easy way okay?

Current/loss/10%goal
178/?/161

Love you's,
Es
Old 03-21-2002, 09:26 PM   #13  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hey...maybe I did my stats wrong....I did my current wt, 10% of that and since we just started, I lost 0% so far....was that wrong??????

Can't stay but will be back later. Hope y'all are having a great night.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:28 AM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I think everyone should just use the stats that are easiest for them.....some of us have more analytical minds (Janie) than others!

Dianne, good news about your Mom being taken off the respirator. And you're on your way to 10% for sure! way to go

Es, no I haven't ordered the Sansone tapes yet. I was thinking that the weather will break here soon, and then I'll be walking outside anyhow...so why bother....but I've got to stop making excuses to try putting off exercise.....will order them today. Thanks for the nudge...

We're having a cold spell here....only 10 degrees this morning, definitely not spring weather!

later,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 03-22-2002 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-22-2002, 11:36 AM   #15  

Wink

Morning buddies:

Zoe - Whoops - maybe I'm wrong! I used my info from ww - I started at 158.2 which meant my 10% goal would be 15.8 and since I started almost 9 weeks ago, I lost 8.2 (hopefully more tomorrow But if you want, I'll start with my current weight - 150.0/15/0. Actually, I like my first choice much better, I was already half way to my 10% but whatever you guys want, I'll do. Am I a cheater or what?

Jen - If you get the chance, get the Leslie Sansone tapes, I don't think you'll regret it. Even though the weather's changing, you could use them on rainy days, or if its too hot to walk outside. And, you'll still have them for next winter I really like them, I haven't gotten to the 3 miles yet, but I've done 1 and 2 and its amazing how fast you can get through the tapes and realize that you've just walked a mile or 2 - very cool. Its for people who's main exercise is walking and that's me and I think you too Anyway, I got them from Amazon for $25.00 for 3 tapes and those damn blue balls but if you have a Sam's Club where you are, I heard they're only $13.99.

Es - It was kind of exciting last night when I visited my mom. The respirator was off, she just had an oxygen mask. She opened her eyes for a longer period. When willie spoke to her, she actually smiled! When I told her I was there, she shook her head yes, but then when I asked her if she recognized me, she shook her head no. The doctor came over and said "its amazing, she's amazing". This was the doctor who said she wouldn't last more than a few days. She certainly is not out of the woods by a long shot, but this was encouraging, gave us some hope. She may not recognize me because the doctor said she had several small strokes. Either way, it was a good night.

Thanks all of you for your kind thoughts, prayers and just for being you guys - my buds,

Hi Zoe girl, myra (where are you?), Janie - hope you had fun with Ellen, Ruth, Pogo, 40X40 (where are you, too?), viola and Chicago Ms.
Have a great day everyone,

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by decemberdianne; 03-22-2002 at 11:39 AM.
Closed Thread