Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 05:00 AM   #16  

G'day all,

My time in Malaysia is almost over and I cannot say I am sorry to go home.
We have just come back from a weekend in the Cameron Highlands, we are not quite sure why people go up there other then it is somewhat cooler.
The tea plantations were interesting never having seen them before. The trip there was also very interesting to say the least, it was a very windy road and the double lines on the road indicating it was unsafe to pass doesn't deter the locals I cannot believe the number of VERY close shaves we had.
The hotel we stayed at was fine, we were the only Europeans as far as we could tell.
We had a buffet dinner and there was little we recognized, nothing really that took my fancy other then some of the deserts that were OK.
The bottle of South Australian wine was VERY expensive but very nice. No-one has wine with their dinner, Muslims do not drink alcohol but none of the non-Muslims had a drink either.
Breakfast this morning was not much better, I just had toast and jam despite paying for a full buffet breakfast. Alan tried a couple of things but wasn't all that keen on his choices so he also had toast and jam.
After breakfast I had quite an upset stomach so from there on I only had something that had a screw on lid or I felt sure was very safe, like potato crisps and bottled water.

We managed to get safely back to our apartment, tomorrow night back home again, I arrive in Adelaide Tuesday at 6am and leave here Monday at 9pm. Alan will work from home and take me to the airport.

Lots to do when I come home amongst many things also sorting my photos of Malaysia. I will put them on a little website for you all to get a taste of Malaysia

Cheers
Maria
Old 05-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #17  
Member Florida Chick

Today it is raining. We need it so badly.

Maria: I know what you mean about octopus. I got some squid in a seafood crepe when we were in Tortola a while back and it was awful. i picked it all out. Rubbery and fishy is all I can say is my true opinion. I am truly not very courageous at trying new foods. We did have the opportunity to eat Ostrich when in South Africa, and I thought that was good, but DH couldn't get it past his brain. I know I could never eat any of the stuff that was shown as Chinese fast food.

It was good that you could spend some time with Alan, but otherwise,it doesn't sound like your Malaysian experience was one of your best.

I bought some more plants for my little front garden to replace the ones tht the rabbits ate, but now I can't put them in because of the rain. But I am not complaining.

One more follor-up Dr. appointment for DH and I'm sure he will be discharged from any more. He is doing well now, back to his 'ornery' self.

We got good news from our church construction. It looks like we will be able to hold services there by August 10th. Once the major work was complete, the other work has moved along rather quickly. So it will be a year Sept. 9 that the fire took place, and getting back in August is very good.

Peggy: Your trip sounded like fun. All except the rainy drive home. I enjoy visitying places like the Biltmore. We never did get there in our travels. And you are on the countdown for school to be over. I know my DD is happily anticipating the end also.

Now I am going to go sit on the porch, watch the rain and read my book.

Ann
Old 05-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #18  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Lots of things to do this morning before my canasta guest arrive. Have to go and vote,for 3 overrides on the High School,Fire Dept.and Water Dept. and 2 selectmen for our town.

After that I have to get ready before my canasta guest arrive. Going to serve low calories snacks.The ones that come in the 100 cal pack [Ritz mini cheese crackers & mini Oreo s]Oat bran pretzels and of course cashews.
For drinks I have Dry diet orange soda that always refreshing.

Have a great day, see you gals later

Hugs BB
Old 05-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #19  
Fun Blonde

BB, it does sound as if you have this diet thing going strong. Good for you! My mother and dad used to play Canasta all the time. I loved it too. I married into a family that just never plays cards so I fell out of the habit too.

Ann, you know a year for your church to recover isn't bad at all. We have so much construction going on all the time, the trick around here is to find somebody who can fit you in. OSU is building about 10 major projects. Just found out that tomorrow our donor, T. Boone Pickens, the billionaire oilman, will make a megabucks donation to the academics. He already gave $165 million to the Athletic Dept. Now he will "own" the whole university.

Looking forward to tonight' American Idol and DWTS. I just have not been as engaged as normal in the DWTS because I feel that Kristy has always been a shoo-in because that is what she does for a living, graceful moves. Ah well, they are all three really good.

My bestest friend for 58 years has been part of the family that has been nursing her SIL who had cervical cancer. It has been such a horrible illness, but she died yesterday morning. It was such a relief for her and everyone. I will be going to my hometown Thursday for that funeral. She just had the nicest family and was truly blessed.

Well, Ann, glad your DH is back to normal. I just fuss at Leon, but when he isn't cantankerous about something, I just worry. I am sure you feel the same way.

Karen, Gloria, Slavika, Trudy, Peggy, where are you all? Maria should be home sometime today.

Enjoy the beautiful weather.

Last edited by survivor; 05-20-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:15 AM   #20  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ladies
We leave tomorrow to go to northern Michigan for that family memorial service We are going half way tomorrow and staying in Birch Run there is an outlet mall there so shopping here I come Then we leave Friday morning for Newbury Mich and return home on sunday that will be a 10 to 12 hr drive

I will be back onlime next week Suz
Old 05-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #21  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a wonderful day spending time with my friends at our canasta game.They didn't eat much so I glad that I bought stuff that I can fit into my WOE.

MY DH is not feeling well at all,with all that coughing,we decided to cancel our trip to NY. It would be too much for him so we're hoping that the kids will be able to come up and see us anytime this summer.As for our Hawaii trip I'm afraid that its going to be up in the air also.

Thanks ladies we really have a wonderful time.The only thing the afternoon went by so fast that it was hard to believe that it was supper time.

SURVIVOR-Canasta is my favorite game I loved to play all the rummy games and a little polka also. My DH doesn't like to play any card or board games,but both my parents like Pinochle,so I guess it runs in the family. Oh yes I watched what I snacked on at yesterday's game,as tomorrow is my W-I.

SUZ-Have a safe trip to Michigan,gee that a long drive. See you on next Monday

Have a great day

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 05-21-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #22  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Ladies

We have been very busy since we got back from Michigan ,what a long trip back!! The garden is all in except for more plantings of lettuce which I am going to do today this afternoon we go and pick up our grapr vines we are getting a variety called vidal which is a white grape usually used for wine but I am thinking eating and grape jelly i should go have some breakfast and get outside to do my planting before it gets to hot and humid its been in the upper 90's with the humidity since Friday

Take care Suz
Closed Thread