Old 05-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #31  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies! Thanks for keeping me in the loop! Honestly I have not felt good for about 10 days! If I didn't know better, I would have thought I was having appendicitis - but it's been on the wrong side. Today I actually woke up not having as much discomfort. I have tried cutting out fast food, greasy food and cutting back on the caffiene -- So, we'll see. I was giving myself till Weds. to feel better and strangely enough, I did. So I'm going to hold off on the doctor thing. It may be irritiable bowl or something. I just don't know. I also have a hard time with Mother's Day - It's been 15 years, but I miss her dearly! I was only 28 and she was 58 when she past away. My dear sweet daughters go above and beyond to make the day wonderful and I do hide my emotions until I have some quiet down time for myself and then look out!
Well, I'm at work so I better scoot.........but I promise to get back at it! I need sunshine!
Love,
jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:48 AM   #32  

Quiet group lately! I guess we're all busy doing whatever. I'm not sure what I've been busy doing!!

Tina, glad you picked a good time to get your driver's license. Those pictures are always interesting, aren't they?

Maureen, have you been using the roller blades this weekend?

Jeanne, I hope you are feeling even better by now!!! I understand how you feel about Mother's Day. It has been 10 years since my mother passed away, and I think of her every day. Sometimes I still forget and I think about calling her about something.

My week ended up being pretty lazy. I did finally make it to a class at the Y on Friday. Yesterday I had a team meeting for the upcoming Emmaus Walk in July. Today I'm headed to church, and then I have no idea what will happen.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:08 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all-I blew it yesterday-didn't journalize etc but today is a fresh start-got on the scales here at home & am down a few pounds-I bought a digital scale yesterday but have to figure out how to get it to read pounds/right now it's in kilograms so I have to convert it to pounds from a program on line-Tammy, I'm hoping to get the roller blades out today or tomorrow(we have tomorrow off)-I certainly hope that helps to burn the calories-I don't go fast or really too far but at least I get out on them - not bad for someone who's going to be 61 in july!!! anyway have a great day on program we all deserve it

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:55 PM   #34  
Thursday Lady

It is quiet around here!

Maureen, what date in July is your birthday? My birthday is June 9th.
Why you are a spry chicken. We are only as old as we feel.
Hmm...right now I'm feeling aged.
After church and eating, we went to see my mother. The move to another assisted living place has given her another set-back. Her dementia seems worse and she stays in her little apartment most of the time. At the other place, she was always out in the open areas with all her friends. (We are so sorry that we had to move her but it was necessary.) Today she kept telling us that she was going to break out of that place. Since she has trouble walking, we don't have to worry about that. It's funny and sad at the same time.

Tammy, I'm glad you rested all week. You had quite a long and busy trip. How is Tim? What is he doing? I know you still miss your mother. I miss my mother, too.

Susan, you are quiet. I hope your stomach is feeling better. I'm sure you're busy with the end of school, too.

Dori, are you doing okay?

Jeanne, please post so we know you're okay.

Everyone have a good rest of the weekend.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:35 PM   #35  
Susan

Hi,
I think this is the first time I've sat down and not been asleep. Thought I better post. Before you send out the search party for me.

This has been a very busy week. My stomach is finally feeling better. I've had a couple of things like pizza that makes it hurt. I go back on Thursday to the doctor. Friday was our BIG deaf ed program. My girls were adorable! I can't wait to see the DVD because I was so busy showing them what to do down stage I missed the rest. They were cute!!! I didn't get home Friday until 10 pm. It was a LONG day!!!

Now, I just have to have the meeting on June 2nd and hopefully it will go smoothly. Then I'm done!

School is over on the 4th. Found out that teachers can be too if all grades are in etc... of course MINE WILL BE!!!!

Tina, I'm sorry about your mother. It is cute that she wants to break out.

Tammy, You are always on the go!

Maureen, I am so impressed, I can't roller blade (I'd probably be in the hospital) and I'm not 61 so I'm even more impressed.

Jeanne, how are you doing?

Amy's little boy is going to have tubes put in his ears on June 2. She took him to the ENT that my mom saw, his dr. said he would out grown his ear infections. I told her to take him on to the ENT. THe dr. said, his ears were horrible and he had a hearing loss from the fluid. Hopefully it will go away when it all drains and clears up.

Oh, I didn't go with Pat last night. I had a headache and I pretty much slept all evening. I'm so ready for vacation. I know I keep saying that.....
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #36  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Hello all. Sorry I have been absent lately. Things are winding down at school (Friday is the last day). I haven't really been watching what I eat lately. It stinks being an emotional eater because I eat when I'm happy, sad, stressed, mad, etc. I try my best throughout the week, but almost always end up not doing that well. *sigh* I have my 10 year class reunion coming up in October so that should be some motivation to get a little off. Well I must run for now. I will check in later and try to catch up on all the post.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good morning all-I have today off-it's a holiday here in Canada(Victoria Day)-right now the weather's beautiful-sunny and not too hot or windy-I just got back from my first rollerblading this year-I just went for about 15 mins-I walked to a from the path that I go on so in all it was about a half hour-managed to stay in the upright position and I just feel fantastic-it gives me incentive to stick with it-we can do and we are all worth it-
P.S how do I add a ticker?

thanks for being here

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:08 AM   #38  
Thursday Lady

You go girl! Maureen, I'd love to see you on your rollerblades. I can't ice skate so I know I would'nt be any good on blades.
How's everyone else doing?
It's hot, hot, hot here. I just watered my dying grass. And, it's not even June yet.
Everyone have a good OP day.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:33 PM   #39  

Tina, Tim is busy working at Arby's. He brought home sandwiches Sunday when he came home. Love that horsey sauce!! It has only been in the 50's here. I'm cool, so I know Bob is freezing.

Susan, hope the doctor gives you some encouraging news!! I'll bet your girls were great! School will be out soon!

Dori, 10 year class reunion! I remember mine, many years ago! This is 35 years for my class. I'm sure you are ready for school to be out.

Maureen, it still impresses me that you can stay up on rollerblades!

Long story short here - found out why Bob has been feeling so exhausted and worn out. We received his prescription refills through the mail. A couple of them had different generic names than what he had been taking. He thought he was supposed to be taking everything! He has been doubling up on his lasix and his BP medicine. His BP was 70/40 yesterday. I had always filled his daily pill containers, but he told me he was capable. Apparently he has been doubling the meds since the beginning of April. I could just smack him!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #40  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, can I smack Bob, too!!! My goodness, that could kill him. No wonder he's not hungry.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 PM   #41  
Susan

What are friends for..... I'll smack Bob too!!! Now is he related to Patrick? I normally fill his container up too. Every now and then he will say "I can do it" Then he has to ask about each pill. He has NO idea what I take. I have said "if something was ever to happen to me and I wasn't able to talk you would need to know." He still doesn't know!!

Hope Bob starts feeling better soon!!!!! I love Arby's sauce!!! YUM!!!

Tina, it is HOT here too!!! It's way too early.... wonder if we are going to have a killer summer. I got in the car yesterday and it said 101.

I'm relaxing tonight. Don't have a lot to do but I always find something that needs to be done. However, tonight I'm doing nothing!

Maureen, My Dear.... I can't tell you how impressed I am. Us Texans can't ice skate (no need to learn so I too would be able to roller blade. I always think it looks fun.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:40 PM   #42  

I am so glad that I will have others helping me smack Bob!! The only people that he knows that I told are my 2 cousins who are nurses. They want to smack him too! I went over all of the medications with Bob and Tim. I have a list typed and in bob's wallet. I also have a list in my purse and one on the kitchen counter.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:19 PM   #43  
Susan

Tammy, what are friends for if they won't help smack your husband I know ya'll would Pat! I'm glad you have a list and hopefully he will start feeling better.

Tina, I'm not looking forward to summer with the heat!!! I think we are going to bake.

My ulcer seems to be doing better. I go to the doctor tomorrow so I will let you know what she says. It really doesn't even hurt now only when I eat something really spicy or with too much acid.

I'm exhausted tonight.

What Memorial Day plans do you have? We have none .....
Old 05-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #44  
Thursday Lady

Hi group,
I'm not being notified that y'all are posting. Hmmm....
Tammy, in my purse I keep a list of Larry's medications, my medications and my mother's. I've always told Larry just to look in there if he ever needs to know what I take.
Susan, I hope your ulcer is under control.
Maureen, how is the roller blading?
Dori, remember that we can come stay with you during your surgery. The doctor and nurses might run us out though.

I'm afraid I have a urinary infection. I went and gave a "sample" this morning. The nurse was going to have them do a culture, stat! I have a dull ache in my right groin area. (Hope that's not too graphic.) I don't think I've ever had a UTI.
I went to the store and bought a giant bottle of cranberry juice. Yuck!

Hope all have a happy Thursday.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 206/185.5/140

Height: 5'7

hey erm i'm quite new here - been floating around 3fc for ages but cud never decide which diet to do but been doing weight watchers for 5 weeks now and lost 10lbs (weigh in in half an hour now! ah!) so thot i'd start chatting lol i weight in on a thursday so thought i'd come and talk to you lot if thats ok?
luvs lesley-anne
xxx
weemissnaughty is offline   Reply With Quote