Old 05-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #31  
beachbum

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

TO ALL YOU WONDERFUL LADIES.

Nothing planned for today,going to an ordinary Sunday. DH & I are going to buy one of those already cooked BBQ[Italian style] Chicken. that we can pick and pig out while watching the final of "the player" tournament this afternoon.

Have to get ready for church without our weekly brunch. The restaurants are going to be too crowed up here,even our Friendly,s.So I guess I meet my friends next Sunday.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 05-11-2008 at 08:46 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #32  
Member Florida Chick

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU ALL

Nothing too exciting here. The best is that I did find two very nice bathingsuits, and they were 60% off, so now I am set for the season. Happy Mothers Day to me.

BB-I know what you mean about everything being so crowded, so we had a nice meal right here at home, and then we will go out on another day.

I won the prize for the most children, grandchildren and greatgrandchildren, (grand total) at church today and brought home a lovely flower arrangement. When I said i had 6 great grands that was what put me over the top. I suppose in a way I might be considered not quite honest since this is all the total of our extended family, but as far as I am concerned Phil's kids are my kids too..even tho' I didn't actually give birth to them. Anyway, I am enjoying my flowers.

It is very windy here today. I don't know if it is workiing up to rain or not, but I am trying to decide if I want to go to the pool. It is warm, about 88deg. but lots of wind.

I tried a bit of an experiment today. I had two turkey legs, and so I put them in the crockpot while we were in church, and they were lovely and tender, when I got back. I pulled off all the meat and got rid of the bones and tendons, then put the meat back into the CP and thickened the juices for a nice rich gravy. Really good on mashed potato, with a little stove-top on the side. And I have leftovers. And eating in moderation, I still have some points left for popcorn tonight.

I hope you all have a nice Mother's Day.

Ann

Last edited by Lizziepie; 05-11-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:38 PM   #33  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Afternoon Ladies
DH and I just got back He took me out for a late brunch /lunch for Mothers day so now I will not have to cook supper tonight, just have something later if we need to

Ann We plant winter wheat as our cover crop as its starts to grow again in the spring Yes I grow swiss chard its sweeter than beet tops and I do not like cooked spinach I only eat spinach in my salads

We are slowly getting the garden in We leave a week thursday for the U P of michigan for 4 days as my DH is doing a memorial service for our SIL;s Dad who passed away on easter sunday When we get back we will finish putting in the garden The lettuce is coming along very nicely and I did another raised bed of more lettuce

Take care Suz
suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:29 AM   #34  

onto the next thread all....see ya there

Maria
flaggies is offline   Reply With Quote