Old 04-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #198 Bale of Turtles Facing Spring!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #2  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

HEy all,
I know you have been experiencing abandonment issues by me yet again. Sorry!I haven't been feeling really good again. Same ol same ol. Panic attack type stuff galore. I'm not liking it. I do have a doctor appt. on the 30th so maybe I can get something going with the doc. If there isn't anything physically wrong with me, I think I'll just bite the bullet and go back on my anti-depressants. I can't keep feeling this awful all the time.

Be proud. I went to my nomination ceremony on Monday and I didn't freak out or anything. I thought and thought bout it and you it really had nothing to do with my being scared because of my weight. I have always been a nervous wreck to be in front of anyone..period. So I said "just do it" and I did and it was great. I'm tired of not living in the present. I can't go back and be thin like I was in high school. I can't be the same person I was before. I can't live in the future saying I'll do this or that when I'm thinner, because I am just missing out on too much. So it is even more important to me right now to find out what is going on with my body and start feeling better so I can quit being afraid of stuff. When this stuff happens, I get scared to leave my house and this time, I'm almost afraid to eat. I'm afraid that it may be food allergies that are going on and so if I don't eat much, it will keep the icky feeling away. That is no way to be at all.

I'm hoping and praying it isn't some major health scare. I so want to experience things in a positive way, not with this huge cloud over my head.

Sorry once again for my absence. Life has been crazy, with school, family, being under the weather, and stress. Something's gotta give and I hope its not me.

Christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #3  
Chick

Hi Chrily,
No need to apologize for anything. I'm always glad to hear from you.
on accepting your award and living in the present. What a nice
to give yourself.

Everybody, take care and be well.
Judy
234.6/216.6/thinner into onederland
Old 04-17-2008, 07:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone

I was glad a woman won on BL as well. I enjoyed watching this show for the first time this season & will be looking forward to it again. They all did so well & truly are motivation for everyone.

Judy - too bad about your gain, but perserver & you will drop it in no time.

Princess - good choices for dinner, sounds good.

Hope everyone else is doing great.

I have had a good week so far, stayed on plan 3 days in a row & feel better for that. Had my leftover meatloaf with sweet pot & cauliflower last night & tuna sandwich on pumpernickel for lunch. Will let you know how I do when I w/i on Monday.

Weather up here has been sunny but still will be wearing jackets for awhile.
I have a tree that got blown down that I have to deal with this weekend,
so will probably have to get someone in to help with that.

Here's to a good "turtle" day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:03 AM   #5  

Christina - glad you got through your ceremony & hope you are feeling & doing better.

Hang in there & remember "baby steps" will get you far in your challenges.
Take care
Old 04-17-2008, 08:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Thursday... Friday is getting close... I can smell it

Judy: brush it off, easier said then done - I know, but you will do it, I have faith in you.

Bandit: We have had a lot of downed trees in our area also... storms coming through and all I guess. I am looking forward to next seasons BL also!

Chris: A trip to the doctor sounds like a very good plan... I hope they can help you.

I have to run but will check back in later on.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #7  
Chick

Bandit, Weigh to go! Eating like you're doing will definitely lead to a :! I have to remember the cauliflower because I like it and it's filling.

Now I know why I gain weight when the grandkids are here. My dil sleeps really soundly and the kids can't wake her up. I get up and make their breakfast and one doesn't eat it and I want to. There--that's a start. Grandma--no eating kids' foods!

Have a great day and I'll be back later. Thanks for the support.
Judy
Old 04-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #8  
Chick

Princess, our posts crossed in cyber space. Glad to see you, and yes, I can turn this around! I think I got dopey eating out of my system.
Judy
Old 04-17-2008, 10:01 AM   #9  

Hi ladies

Chrily - sorry to hear about your panic attacks. I understand how that can be. Besides fighting with depression i have also been struggling with anxiety issues as well as anxiety attacks when it is at its worst. I am on anti depressants and a small dose of anxiety meds as needed. I hope that you get something worked out.

Judy- Well at least you have figured out some areas to work on. It is hard to leave alone what the kids don't want to eat.

Bandit- HURRAY! Thats great you had 3 good days in a row. Keep up the good work.

Princess - How have you been doing lately?
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:56 AM   #10  

Morning all and a very happy Friday to everyone... my favorite day in case you did not know

Went to my yoga class last night for the first time... I am sooo out of shape! It was fun though and I am glad that I dragged my butt out the door and got there. I think my scale is shot... I got on it this morning and it has me way down, I know it is too good to be true so I may go and look for a new one this weekend. I just bought that one a couple of years ago, you would think that they would last for a while but I guess they are not built that way anymore.

Any plans for the weekend anyone? It is supposed to rain here so I will most likely get some house work done and work in the yard if I can... in between the rain drops of course.

Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #11  
Chick

Princess,
Every Friday before I come to this site, I smile and think about how happy you are on Fridays. Hey, I'm glad you got to yoga and it worked out okay. Sounds good. And yes, I know what you mean about items not working anymore for any length of time. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Well, for this weekend my daughter in law and grandkids are here through Sat. night or Sunday morning. So far, so good.

I got on the scale and was shocked since I ate well yesterday but the scale is way up. I'm hoping it's just salt and will go away. Well, I'm not going to dwell on this, but do the right thing again today and see where it takes me. It may very well be my body telling me it's time to switch to Core. I think I've written that about three times in the last few months, so maybe I should listen to my body.

You all take care.
Bandit, what's up for the weekend? You usually have something good going on.
Cherry and Chrily, have a good one.
Liz and Beth, how are you doing?
Take care, be well and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
Old 04-18-2008, 03:23 PM   #12  

Afternoon ladies! I am getting ready to shut down my computer for the day and head home but I wanted to stop by and see what is going on. W/I bright and early tomorrow morning for me... keep your fingers crossed for me.

I forgot to mention in this morning post but I was awakened at about 5:40 this morning by an earth quake... 5.4 on the scale, we don't get them very often here but we sure get a wide variety of weather here in the Midwest. We have had some after shocks today but they have not been too bad. I have to check the basement when I get home to make sure we did not have structural damage to the house but it was not that bad so we should be fine.

Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 04-19-2008, 01:41 AM   #13  

Hi everyone

Today was nice warm sunny day. I worked today since I was extra busy this week & then went tonight and bought an electric chainsaw. So, tomorrow will attempt to tackle the tree in my yard. Hoping that goes well.

My gf came down last night & we walked to library then had our dinner.
So that was nice evening & the walk was a good one.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #14  

Happy Saturday all!

Well I had a really great W/I this morning and just had to hop online and share with you all... I lost 3 lbs... as an added bonus, I found out that the high end of my goal zone is 160, I thought it was 153 but I was wrong... so, as of right now, I am 19.4 lbs from my goal! I will still work to get to 150 like I originally wanted to but it means that I will get to life time quicker then I thought!

I would like to work for WW part time but you have to be within 10 lbs of your goal at the very most... so 9 more lbs and I can put in my application!!! I could use the extra income right now and what better way to earn it then to work for WW!!!!!!

So excited! Have a great weekend ladies!

Bandit: good luck with the chain saw and the tree!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #15  

Princess - congrats, that is fabulous loss & you would be great working for WW - good luck with that.

Bought the chainsaw & my friend came over & helped saw the tree. What a job - he cut & I hauled the logs to my driveway, so then I can take some each time I go to trailer & the rest of the branches I have to cut up smaller & put out for pick-up. It took all day to do that & was a real workout for sure.

The weather here yesterday as great - felt like summer instead of spring.
How's everyone else doing?

Take care & drink your water!