Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 04:34 PM   #16  
A Yankee in Virginia

Lisa: It sounds like you did succeed when it came to the food! You could have said the **** with it and eaten some, but you didn't. You were strong, and I bet you felt good afterward knowing you could walk away.

Of COURSE we're going to crave pizza and candy and all the yummy stuff. That's natural. I guess it's all about how we react to it. Whether we eat because we're hungry or we eat because it's there. I'm still working on that one!

Now I remember Johnny Mosely, by the way! I thought that might be the guy, but for some reason i was thinking of a different first name.
Old 03-04-2002, 04:48 PM   #17  
Bono Fanatic!

Default Lisa....

I wish I had better news for you, but yes, you will still have those hard times when you reach lifetime. The only difference is that since I am no longer trying to lose, I will sometimes give in to those days when I am having a hard time resisting temptation, whereas while I was losing, I would sit there like you probably were today - with saying no to the pizza/candy being the toughest thing in my life. You handle these times so well, though, and that says a lot for how you bad you want this. It will get a bit easier, but temptations will always be there. I find now though, that I only have to be really good about 80% of the time in order to keep the weight off, so that allows me to have a few pieces of candy (or a ton of candy sometimes! ) if I really want it. I've also learned to be more in tune to my cravings, which helps too. I have to eat a bit of cheese (my very favorite food) every single day because if I don't, I will eat everything in sight and not be satisfied. Try to figure out what it is you are craving when you have a day like today - that may help.
I'm sure right now you are not sorry that you didn't eat the pizza/candy, but how would you feel if you did eat it?
Old 03-04-2002, 04:56 PM   #18  
A Yankee in Virginia

Jen: A band from Chicago was in Roanoke this weekend! Sam Cockrell and the Groove. Heard of them? A cool little blues band. I think they were a little surprised by the crowd ... the place tends to draw a redneck-type of crowd, and Saturday was no exception. My BF and I went because we were looking for live music, and that was about the only place that had any. It turned out to be fun and they got a lot of applause and some drunk women dancing on stage ....
Old 03-04-2002, 07:07 PM   #19  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default No more work internet

Well, this weekend they put a filter on my internet. Now 3FC shows up as Leisure and Entertainment and we're not supposed to use it. It's called websense and I hate it!! They have an option that you can click on to continue for work purposes, but I'd rather not use it!!
Kim: No, I've been lazy as far as wedding pics, but now that I know how to post them, I will!!
Well, we're waiting on our realtors to come over, so I'd better get going. Hi to everyone and I won't forget to post at night!!!!!
....or early in the morning!
ps...I HATE internet police!!!!!
Closed Thread