Old 04-16-2008, 10:34 PM   #46  

Tina, maybe your fish and my butterfly could exercise together!! We were able to weigh this morning after class. I have gained 2 pounds since the initial weigh in! I can't believe it. I've been sticking to the calorie limit, and I've gotten more exercise in the past 2 weeks than I have in ages. Maybe some day!!!

Welcome Lindy! I agree with Tina. A small gain will be gone in no time. Glad to have you posting with us!!! I really do think that journaling your foods is a good idea. I've been doing it online, and the instructor for my aerobics class gave us all food/activity logs this morning at class. She wants us to keep track for a week, bring them back in, and she'll look over them and make suggestions.

Jeanne, every time I look at your picture I think of my friend Janice. You could be twins!

For those who have been here a while, you know that I've served on Teams for different Emmaus Walks over the past few years. There is a Women's Walk that starts the 24th of April. I planned to help out at the church over the weekend. Well, our pastor stopped me at church on Sunday and told me that one of the team members had dropped out, and they needed someone to replace her. Guess who? This is the 3rd team that I've subbed for in the past year! I'm already on the July Team as a "real" team member. We start out team meetings on May 3. Every time I am there for a weekend, I feel so renewed spiritually. I've sure come a long way since I went on my original walk in 2001.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #47  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, I agree with everyone that you might have a muscle weight gain. Hang in there because the pounds will start tumbling off in no time.
Yep, my fish and your butterfly should get together.
That is great about the Emmaus Walk. Wow, do you have to come up with a speech? You can do it, I'm sure.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:48 PM   #48  

Tina, I have lucked out! I do have to do a speech. They call them Talks. It is A Life in Piety. Guess what? It is the same one that I gave 3 years ago!!! It is the only one that I have ever given. I pulled it out of my files, made a couple changes, and I'm ready to go!
Old 04-17-2008, 03:21 PM   #49  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls! My WI was this morning and I had a 2.2# loss! Yay!

Tammy - diets are goofy! We are up when we think we should be down and down when we think we should be up!?!?!?!?!?
Your friend Janice must be awfully pretty!!!! hahah! I'm being smug and silly of course!
Yay for the Emmaus walk & good thing you saved that speech and could make a few tweeks and have it ready!

Hi Tina, Dori, Susan & Lindy! Hope you guys had a good day! I'm heading home pretty soon & it's 72 degrees and sunny! yippppeee!

Have a good night!
jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:38 PM   #50  
Susan

Hi,

What a day!!! We had a field trip today which was neat. All the deaf girls in the metroplex get together once a year for a Summit. There is a guest speaker and lunch. The speaker was the girl from the show "Jericho". She is deaf and comes from a family of deafness.... she is the 4th generation. Pretty cool.

I picked Skinney up yesterday and talked with the vet. I asked him to call me today if he thought we needed to put Skinney down. Just so I could have a heads up for Pat since he is the one that does it. So he called, I knew it was coming. So Pat got home and I broke down in tears.... so much for being strong for him.

Jeanne, way to go on that loss!!!

Lindy, welcome to the group.

I'll write more tomorrow. I'm not really in the mood to chat tonight but wanted to let you know.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:18 AM   #51  
jeanne

awww Susan! I love my pets almost as much as I love my kids! I'll be thinking of you!

Hi everyone! Have a great healthy productive day!
jeanne
Old 04-18-2008, 09:31 AM   #52  
Thursday Lady

Susan, I am so sorry. It's just not fair. You know that my prayers are with you and Pat.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #53  
Thursday Lady

Morning all,
I read the title of a thread that was interesting. It was something like, having a scale obsessed day.
Do y'all ever have those? I know we aren't supposed to weigh every day. I've known a person who weighed only once a month!
I guess I could be a tiny bit obsessed when I'm trying extra hard to lose. I want to look at that scale every day to be sure I'm not gaining. I tell myself just to wait another day--I usually end up stepping on the scales.

That's my thought and question for the day.
Have a good one!
Old 04-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #54  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Susan - Sorry to hear about your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Not much is happening this way. It's been one heck of a week at school due to standardized testing. I'm glad that today is Friday and there is no testing. Sigh. I hope next week won't be as bad.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #55  

Jeanne, yes my friend Janice is very pretty!!!

Susan, cool about the field trip! I am soooooooo sorry about Skinney! I was fortunate not having to make that decision.

Tina, I'm pretty obsessed with the scales. I should try to stay away from them because when it shows that I'm up, I can feel it in my mood for the rest of the day.

Dori, one of my friends called the other night. She has taught special education the past couple of years, and this is her first year in a "regular" classroom of 3rd graders. Their testing is in a couple weeks, and she was calling for advice from an "old" teacher. lol She is a year younger than me, but has just started her teaching career. She did other jobs for many years, worked as an aide in a multi-handicapped classroom for several years, and then decided to go to school to get her teaching degree. We knew each other in high school, but we weren't close friends. It is so funny how close we are now many years later.

Tomorrow morning I am going to the last Emmaus Team meeting before the Walk next weekend. Later in the day, we are going to a wedding reception (dinner/dance). The wedding is the 2nd for both of them, so they are having a small family wedding. The reception is for everyone then. Looking forward to it, and I hope Bob is feeling well enough to go.

Tim is involved in Relay for Life at his college this weekend. Hope the rain holds off!!
Old 04-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #56  
jeanne

Hi girls! Just checking in to see whats "down"...........
I'm off today. I think they are calling for rain later this afternoon, but thats ok. At least it's warm out. I didn't sleep very well last night. Unfortunately this ol' house doesn't have central air and we put window units in. Well, we haven't gotten to that yet and we tried sleeping with the windows up. We, NOT TO MENTION THE DOG, heard every car door, beep, fire truck, you name it............ Oh well! I bet my husband puts those units in today before he leaves for work!! haha! Even just to turn the fan on to block out some of the noise would be nice.
***Did cha all really care about that?*** ha!

Tammy - When I read that about your mood when the scales say you have gained..............Oh my goodness..............that is so me! I'm awful!
Have fun at that wedding reception today! Bob? Is that your husband? And, Tim........son, maybe? Sorry for being nosey, but I came into this thread later!

Dori - Hi! I'm glad it's friday too! Rest & relax this weekend!

Tina - Hi! I'm going to read that thread when I'm done here!

Hi Lindy..........How's your weekend going?

Well, I'm going to take my daughter to work and then come home and do something around the house. I also got "all" my exercise dvds out and went through them. NOW TO USE THEM!!!!!
jeanne
Old 04-19-2008, 10:35 AM   #57  
Susan

Morning,
I seem to be moving in slow motion this morning. Pat has taken the other cat to the vet for shots. I told him "make sure you bring him back alive." Mean huh???? We are now down to 3. For those that are pretty new, we've lost 2 cats, a dog and 2 horses in the past 3 years.

Pat and I were talking the other night after putting Skinney down. Pat said "I guess God wants all of our pets." I said "I think it's our son!!!! He wants them all." I thought that at least makes it a little easier. Pat responded "That is true it is probably that boy who is saying he wants them." We have come a long way for him to be able to talk like that.

You will NEVER guess what!!!! All 3 baby guinea pigs are boys!!! So they had to be separated from the mom because at this age, they can get her pregnant. They are now in a separate cage. I have a friend who is taking one today and then 2 other people are taking the other 2 next week. So all the babies will be gone. I was hoping for at least one girl so I didn't have to take them all out of the cage.

Jeanne, I always want to write Jeannie Bob is Tammy's husband, Tim is her son. Tina's husband is Larry, and son is David. My husband is Pat.

Dori, It must be standardized testing time all over because it is here too. I'm sick of it.

Lindy, how are you doing?

Tina, thanks for your support.

Tammy, have fun at the wedding. Hope Bob wants to go and is feeling well.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #58  
Susan

Yes, I am scale obessed. One year my husband hid the scale. He said "Stop weighing yourself all the time." I bought an new one and hid it from him I try to weigh every few days. I did let it rule my day but I don't anymore. I just know that I have to do better. I try to tighten things up then.

Wish I was skinny!!! (and not my cat..) I plan on being down my 15 pounds by June so I better get in gear!!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 08:40 AM   #59  
jeanne

Morning Ladies!! So far the weekend is going pretty good! It's raining here, but mild temps. I have to work today! I don't usually work Sundays or many weekends for that matter.....but......I start vacation early Friday, so I had to get my hours in! I'm salary so I kinda work my hours accordingly......like to my lifestyle! Yayyayay..........It's the first time in years that I can do that! My boss is great!

Susan - thats funny buying another scale and hiding it!!! I guess you taught him a lesson!! I'm sure you'll be down that 15# by june! So many people spell my name Jeannie! It happens so much that I don't even notice anymore! My name is actually pronounced "JEAN", but, no one........ever calls me that! It doesn't even "feel" right! haha!

Tammy - How was the wedding? Was Bob up to going with you?

Well, gotta scoot for now! Hi out there to Tina, Dori, & Lindy!
Old 04-20-2008, 02:08 PM   #60  
Thursday Lady

Happy Sunday,
I hope everyone is having a good one.
Jeanne, sorry you have to work today. It is good that you can start your vacation on Friday. Our son works contract and so he doesn't like it when there are company holidays since he doesn't get paid.

Susan, it is so good that Pat is able to talk about Seamus now. That is a real breakthrough and is very healthy for him and you. That's an adorable thought about Seamus wanting the pets with him.

Dori, how are you doing?

Lindy, did you have a good week? Please post and let us know what's going on with you.

Tammy, I hope you enjoyed the wedding. How is Bob feeling these days? Now, when do you and Tim go on your little vacation? It seems like it's coming up pretty soon? How was the Emmaus meeting?

This coming weekend, we're moving Mother to another assisted living location. The lady from the new place goes to assess Mother tomorrow. We hope she doesn't decide that Mother needs more care than they give. Some days she seems more feeble than other times. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.