Old 04-12-2008, 01:05 AM   #16  

Hi all B 12 shots are what i have to take. once a week for 4 weeks . Then once a month for 3 months and then go in for a recheck. I was glad that was was the problem and not some of the rest of the things I was told might happen. She did say if this doesnt help that she will recommend a bone marrow biopsy. Not real keen on that.

I am eating better again. And walking in the morning again. Also I will be taking over the water aerobics group for 3 weeks while our regular leader is gone. So I'm thinking between the walking , the regular indoor aerobics and the water aerobics I should lose these pounds that I have gained. Also i will be going back to my Tuesday night WW meeting beginning next Tuesday.

We are replacing the floor in the kitchen. It really needs it the floor is weak in some places so a new sub floor will go in. Then I Have to decide what type of flooring I want tile or what. Any body got any ideas???

My mother manage again to get home to Minnesota to yet another snowstorm. She was not thrilled. Same thing happened last year and she even left later this year than last.

Welcome BB. I Live in Florida year round just like Ann. She is the only one of my 3FC friends that I have met in person. I wish we could get together more often. I can see no reason that you shouldn't go with the point your doctor set up. I've known people who never stay with their points target and still lose weight nicely. You know like if you should be at 21 points 23 will do just as well. I would just make sure those extra points are fruit or dairy and not cookies. but you should do well. You sound very focused and that is a big big part of weight loss.

Have to go to bed now i am finally sleepy! Hello to every one. I'll be back again.
Karen
Karen L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #17  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

MY DH & I we're watching the MASTERS,and poor Tiger had 2 bad days he broke even for the second day. Hopefully It breaks though today and tomorrow.

I did great the first day being on WW.I wasn't hungry at all,eating 1100 calories.

my menu[22]1100 cal.

b=veggie omelet & soy milk[5]

d-Shrimp stir fry W) brown rice[7]

sn-fruit & yogurt[2]

supper-brown bag hero[recipe][7]

des-microwave popcorn Lemonade[1]

===============================================

SUZ-I hope WW works for me also,but this time I have a feeling that it will. I love cooking and thats where I get into trouble,with PORTION CONTROL. Theres a cookbook called Cooking For One is Fun [don't remember author]I took it out of the library,and there were all kinds of delicious and easy to make recipes.

KAREN L-Wish I could help you with the flooring,but I in the same boat with my kitchen,trying to decide whether or not to put carpeting on my scratched hardwood floors or go with vinyl. Thanks for the welcome,I live in just the opposite way from you. Love living near the water. The new Food Companion is so different with recipes,and pts for mostly every brand.I think I'm going to like this woe. Theres nothing restricted,and I'm not hungry so I guess I'll keep to the 1100 calories per day,for the kick start and go on my own,and see what happens to my weight.
My doctor said between 1100-1200{22-24pts} that only 2 extra points on my weekly.

Have a great weekend,off to see golf

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:37 AM   #18  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ladies
BB I love to cook and have many cook books and a lot of my Moms recipes and even a few of one of my gr moms recipes I have a problem with sampling to much while I cook I am trying to eat smart and exercise 3 times a week and try to walk about 3 miles on the days that I don't go to exercise class I just keep telling myself that I did not put this weight on over night it took a few years to do it and it will take time to get rid of it

Hope every one else is doing good

Take care Suz
suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #19  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Have a great weekend eating wise,I guess being afraid to indulge now that I'll be weigh in by someone else.The only set back was Saturday night when I add party mix to my mini bag of micro wave popcorn.Its so salty I had to load up on water to wash the sodium away. I haven't gone on the scale,to see the damage.

menu[21]=1050

b-1c cold cereal,4 berries,1c soy milk[4]
d-turkey chili & salad W) dress[7]
sn-1 orange[1]
sup-Greek salad & WW yogurt[6]
des-2 S/F cookies with cool whip[3]

==============================================

SUZ-I have so many cookbooks also,and if I buy one more DH will throw me out along with the cookbook.Fortunately I gave a lot that i don't use to the library for their book sale.You're doing good exercising 3 X's a week.I do do a little bit more,but you doing fine. My doctor tells me that I giving my body mixed signals with exercising too much for my age.

Hugs BB
Old 04-15-2008, 03:50 PM   #20  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone:

I have been having a frustrating afternoon, trying to balance the check-book. I finally found a big mistake, but I still don't balance. I just needed some time to relax. If I don't find the discrepancy soon, I'll have to go to the bank and see if they can find it. I am seeing numbers in front of me right now.

BB: It sounds like you are very focused on your program and good for you. I remember my Dr. gave me a prescription to give to the WW leader to say what he expected of me. I know I would have never reached the goal they would have set for me. I expect you are doing the Flex points, rather than the Core. You mentioned going to some sort of rehearsal. What are you doing? A couple here where we live are from Truro, Cape cod. Anywhere near you?

Karen: Glad the B12 looks like the answer for you. Phil did that for a while, but then the Dr. decided that the iron infusions were the answer. Get the infusions before you go for the bone marrow test. Now that you have more time, we will have to meet for lunch in Lakeland one of these days.

Suz: Is your DH back home yet or are you still enjoying what I call 'Bachelorette Hall". Sometimes I think that a few days separation makes us appreciate our DH more. As a retired pair, sometimes the 24/7 gets difficult. How are the s;ring plants doing?

Maria: I think it would be great to live close to the beach the way you do. Do you ever feel concern for Typhoons.hurricanes? Your planned trip sounds interesting. You certainly found some difficult terrain on your last 4x4 /camper trip, but also some beautiful photos. I especially liked the birds.

Let's see what is my pet peeve? Right now it is the constant bombardment of the political process. I hate the name calling, the constant media sensationalism, always looking for 'dirt' on any one of the candidates. And the candidates are just as bad, attacking each other. I"d like there to be a better way for elections to take place. From the first primary to the actual election is much too long.

And I do agree with you about the difficulty in opening things. At least our pharmacy has made the pill containers easier to open now, but still child-proof.

I also have another pet peeve which will go on foreve, I guess. I am sorry that we don't seem to be able to buy many products in glass containers anymore. Now everything is some sort of plastic. And that makes for a lot of littering. Plastic causes so many problems environmentally, especially in the lakes and rivers. Birds and fish get trapped in the throw-away stuff.

Do these qualify as rant?

It is quite cool today. The usual temperature here in April is in the 80's. We are not getting above 65 today. No swimming for me.

Yesterday, with help, I got all the flowers set out in my front garden. There is a man here in the park, that just loves to garden, and he said he would help me whenever I wanted him. It was good to just supervise, and not have a sore back afterwards.

My last project is being chairperson of our Fifties night this Sat. We have a good committee and so it should all go well. I hope so, as the two gals that I had counted on helping me, experienced, have to be away. But we'll make it I'm sure.

Guess I've run down now. I have to get back to the numbers.

Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:16 PM   #21  
beachbum

Hi Ann

Where is every one??????

We have the same problem balancing check books. I'm sure you find the mistake. I'm trying to focus on my new way of eating,hope it works for me this time around.Yes I'm on the Flex plan,might switch later on if the flex don't bring my numbers down. My doctor is on vacation this week so I'll have to wait to get WW the letter.

I don't live anywhere near Truro,I'm on the other end of the Cape,near the Borne area. My rehearsals are on Wed for choir practice and than on Fri for my senior singers group. The latter group sings for nursing homes & hospitals.

Have a great day,.

Hugs BB
Old 04-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #22  

G'day all,

Ann
I totally agree with your rant It would definitly qualify.
We only get a little bit of your political shannegans and I have to say that is more then enough.
Bit of geography, we live really in a bay so we never have cyclones or similar.
I have attached a little map, I live right underneath where the red star is.
Cyclones happen more in the tropical part, Northern Queensland, Northern Territory and Northern Western Australia.
Our next trip should be an interesting one with many rivers and creek crossings before we get up to the top.

BB and Suz you are both doing a great job, I like reading your menu BB all sounds a recipe for success.

Beautiful autumn day here today.

Cheers
Maria
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sa.jpg (63.9 KB, 13 views)
flaggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #23  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Well were back to winter,we had frost on the ground this morning. They said something about a cold front coming in ,so I guess thats what happened.

Menu[23]=1150

b-wt control hot cereal,walnuts & soy milk[5]

d-Lemon-Butter fish,steamed veggies,br rice,salad/dress. & apple[7]

sn-yogurt[1]

sup=turkey mini bagelwich,banana[6]

des-Hummus on Wasa[2]

==============================================

MARIE-Thank you for like my menu,I hope your right about my menu as I get Weighed In tomorrow and I'm, a little nervous for my first W-I.

Have to go,get my laundry done as I have choir practice this afternoon.

Hugs BB
Old 04-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #24  

G'day all,

Took the grandkids to the museum yesterday, Matilda just loved it but was a little overawed by it all. Poppy loved all the stairs, didn't care too much for the exhibits!
My son is on holidays, it was nice to have a day with him and the kids.
Came home and printed some of the photos so Matilda could show her Mum, who was at work.
A great day had by all.

BB I will be interested to find out how much you lost, good luck!
You and Ann should get together, both being 'songbirds'

Another lovely sunny day, I will have to do a bit of cutting back in the garden this afternoon.

Happy birthday to Glenda, hope you had a great day.

Cheers
Maria
Old 04-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #25  

Well I went back to my WW meeting last night. The last time I was there was March 4th. And had to pay my $12.00 because I was over my goal by 2.4 pounds. I should not have to pay next week because surly I can get off .4 by then. It is OK to be 2 pounds over but no more. Any way I feel better about the whole thing now. I know I need to be at a meeting every week . It keeps me focused and on track and not feeling fat!

BB I hope you did well tomorrow at your weigh in. Always scary the first one is.

Ann I hope you found the goof up in the check book. I hate when that happens. We have started to both sit down together so that one will catch the other mistake right then and there. Then we mostly deal in cash anyway that way less screw ups.

We got our floor done and it does look beautiful. We went with vinyl tile. It's called Stone Pearl. We also took out the breakfast bar that separated the dining area from the kitchen. So now 2 people can be in there at once. We have officially joined the ranks of Do-It-Yourselves. It was very nerve racking in the beginning because DH an I don't work well together on things lime that. But just to make sure we behaved ourselves I opened the windows so we at least couldnot scream at each other. Worked out well ! No major blow up! First time in 43 years.

Pet Peeves: Is trying to find the beginning of a new roll of Glad cling wrap.
trying to open a new CD ,Trying to open any thing that comes
in plastic, Searching for something in a store only to find the
last on on the top shelf where I can't reach it.
My list is very long. Another one that really get to me is some one who will not let you get a word in edge wise during what is supposed to be a conversation.

It was warmer here today. But still to cold for the pool. I went down there just in case some one showed up for water aerobics. I was dress in jeans tennis shoes and a sweatshirt. No one showed. The sun was nice at 10:00am but the temp. was 58. No way I'm going in the water. We'll try again on Friday It is supposed to warm up.

Went in for my shot this morning. I wonder how long it will take before I begin to get some of my former energy back?

Today was my youngest sons birthday. 35 I told him he was older today than when I had him. The middle son has a birthday next week he will be 38. Time sure has a way of getting away from you don't you think.

I guess I'd better go to bed. Got stuff to do tomorrow.

See you all later.

Karen
Karen L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:26 AM   #26  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ladies
My DH came home yesterday I was at the local restaurant with the ladies from my exercize class (having tea ) when he walked in He left shortly after
4am and was in the restaurant at 11.15 so he made good time it is great to have him back even if I was getting used to sleeping right in the middle of the bed lol
We are going to have to start some of our plants again not everything came up thats Ok as we still have at least 6 weeks before we can put in our plants they will just be a bit smaller We will be able to plant some of our seeds before then

BB Good luck with your weigh in
Take care Ladies Suz
suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #27  
beachbum

Went to WW and I lost 1.6 than went walking along the beach with my dh. Spent must of my time trying to straighten out my WW account.Getting tired typing.

Have agreat evening

Hugs BB
Old 04-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #28  

Default not so feisty nor sexy but enjoying life anyway :)

Hello? I'm a newbie, 68 years old, female, and not so feisty nor sexy, but enjoying life just the same. My husband and I are both retired, collecting our social security and employment pensions. We have a modest home in the country and have been spending the past year building retaining walls and planting flowers, vegetables, and ground cover to help keep our yard from vanishing into the creek behind our house. I've enjoyed reading y'alls posts and wanted to just say hello and introduce myself, so here I am. Hope your day is blessed, each of you. Fran *SMILES*
franhines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #29  
Fun Blonde

You have got to be kidding me! I just posted a very long message and it would not let me do it and I lost it all. As you can guess, this will be the amended version.

I had a lovely birthday, taken out to eat by my boss and then my hubby. Today can't breathe, clothes are too tight. But it was wonderful. Got sweet cards and voice mail message from my Makenzie that I saved. Such a sweet little voice telling me she loved me. Austin called and very matter of factly asked how old I am and would not be deterred.

Rants: The words "Soulmate" and "Dreamhouse". First of all, I don't think "soulmate" exists, but most of us are all imperfect and "dreamhouse". Everybody would like a luxurious, wonderful house, but a dreamhouse to me is one that you need and can afford. Then there are looooooong weddings and receptions. Get married, have a reception line, cake and punch and let that be enough. Then there are brand names! Please! An Abercrombie and Fitch shirt that looks like a rag and costs $50?????

Gloria, have a great day today!

Karen, Suze, BB, Anne, I talked to you each in the lost message. Too tired to do it all again.
Love ya lots, Glenda
survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:43 PM   #30  

G'day all,

What a great effort BByou ought to be very happy with that loss.

Welcome Fran, nice to have another new face on the boards. My dh and myself are sort of retired My dh keeps saying he is retired and then gets offered a contract that he cannot refuse He is a consultant in the telecommunication/mobile networks industry. He is in Malaysia at the moment till the end of June.
You can see on my website (in my signature) what I do to keep myself busy!

Glenda sounds like you had an enjoyable birthday. I agree with everyones rants. This soulmate business is a bit over the top, I would hate to be with someone who thought and acted the same as I do, bad enough to have one in the family and Karen you are so right with finding the start of Gladwrap and don't start me on trying to open a new CD

Karen good luck getting .4 of a pound off....ah I wish.....Your kitchen floor sounds lovely.

Suz
so you will have to go back to your own side of the bed

We have another beautiful sunny day but no rain

Spoke to dh on-line this morning, I am sick of being on my own now and look forward to visiting dh in Malaysia.
Another 3 weeks and I am off for 10 days and then another 6 weeks befoe he is home again.

Hope everyone else is well and happy,

Cheers
Maria