Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 04:37 PM   #16  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

I'm just checking in really fast because I don't have a lot of time right now.

Mousie, I think it's great that you're substituting kickboxing for your spinning class, instead of taking the spinning with an instructor whose style doesn't suit you.

It is hard to face the scale when you know you have a gain, even when you know it's PMS and water retention. Maybe you could tell the weigher that you suspect a PMS gain and don't want to know what the number is?

Are you going to have to take your physics class over if you fail? Is it a requirement or can you substitute a different physical science? Alot of people I've gone to college have taken classes like astronomy or geology to meet the physical science requirement. Whichever it is, I hope it works out for you.

I'm hanging in there. Doing so-so. It's PMS for me, too, and I'm not doing as badly as I did last month, but still worse than I'd like. I'm getting back OP slowly, but I'm getting there. I had a great walk in absolutely gorgeous weather. I think it feels like April, but my son thinks it's more like early June. In any case, it's warm and sunny, with a light breeze.

Gotta go. Have a great weekend, everyone. Happy turtlin'!

Lin
272/233/225/135 or so
Old 02-22-2002, 09:50 PM   #17  

Lin, since my degree is a Bachelors of Science I have to have two semesters of Physics, full stop. There's nothing I can substitute for it, I have to have *this* class. Fortunately, I have a friend who graduated with a degree in Physics and can "dumb it down" for me. Thank goodness for that!

I think the issue I have with weighing in at a "false" gain is the money issue--ie, since I'm studying I'm not working. I have an "allowance" every two weeks (so does DH) that I can use for my own incidentals (it's for things like gas for our cars, lunches out, my things for class, his things for work, etc) and I resent "wasting" that. I know it's a good idea to go to the meetings, trust me, I know this, but...*shrug*

Hormones got me today, too. My dad is back from Okinawa (he was there for work) and my parents took me and DH to lunch today. I wasn't paying attention and just kept...well, shovelling it in. Yes I realize I'm making excuses. Yes I'm back OP as of now. But I think I did some damage--and the day before weigh in! *groan* I'm shooting myself in the foot here.

You know, that's a good point...I'm sabotaging *myself*. I hadn't thought of it that way. So what's going on? Why am I getting in my own way? Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I need to think about this.
Old 02-23-2002, 10:40 AM   #18  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

I can't believe this! What fabulous posts! I have always considered myself as my brain only. Lots of weight gains have gone unnoticed by "me" intellectually. Call it denial, call it unimportant: I'm not sure what to call it. What I know is that is what happens. Then reality hits and my outward appearance or cholesterol level or blood pressure reading escalates and my brain realizes I'm very unhappy. *And then I eat.* Not the way to go.
On vacation my dh is coping with (not too well) his new meds and although I have encouraged him to call doc and have them changed, he is being stubborn. So, since I don't have him emotionally available to me right now, I have eaten. Egads. That's not the kind of action or thinking I want. So, now I am up about 4 pounds for this short week of vacation--and I didn't go anywhere!
So, today, right now I'm going into the kitchen to make up some veggies and some Impossibly Easy Veggie Pie. Then I am going to rethink what I am doing in all areas. I've been abandoning the program because I am punishing myself for some pretty silly reasons. It's not fun to eat this way--it produces guilt and lack of self-esteem.
I see we are struggling right now. Keep on posting. I'm thinking through the OP tools that we have--plan and prepare, set a positive message, act like you know what you're doing, baby steps, to get back OP. I am happiest OP and that's where I want to be.
Anyone want to join me?

Love and good vibes to us all,
Judy
234/210/199 in God's time
Old 02-23-2002, 11:22 AM   #19  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

Great posts! But this is getting long, so I'm starting a new thread. See you all there.

Lin
Closed Thread