Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:05 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Princess - hope your w/i went well
Judy - good job with your exercise

It has been snowing since yesterday afternoon nonstop - they are saying this is the worst storm of the season. Earlier I drove to store to pick up a few things and thought I was going to get stuck on the side-street, snow was very deep then. It is absolutely wicked out there.

I am off again next week for holidays & hoping to tackle some jobs around the house - still working on my basement clearing.

Anyway hope you all have a great weekend & better weather than here.

Judy - walking on the beach & boardwalk sounds divine. I am definately jealous!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all, happy Sunday!

W/I was not at all what I hoped it would be... down .8, so I am not making my goal at this point... but I will keep at it! I did review my journal and found that I may not have had enough protein and maybe a bit too many carbs so I will work on that.

We had bad weather here also Friday and Saturday morning so we did not head up north... I took my DH to lunch for his birthday though, had a bowl of veg soup and a salad with fruit and I took my own dressing with me so that I knew what I was getting... not a bad choice.

I have to run, we are having the family over today for DH birthday supper and cake and presents so I have lots to do.

Princess
Old 03-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #63  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Princess, on your loss! That's almost a pound down and you're in the right direction. Great choices for lunch out. You're doing the right thing. I hear you about the carbs and protein and that's something I have to address too. I'm thinking of a pork chop for dinner tonight since I haven't had red meat in a long time.

Bandit, oh my goodness!!! The worst storm of the season following the really tough snowy winter you've had. This has to be getting old. Glad you're holding up. Good luck on good eating and everything else.

All the Turtles,
Good luck this weekend and keep Boot Camp in your thoughts right up front.

I've had lots of social activity this weekend, but have counted in points and gotten in some exercise. I've got good plans for today and my dh and I are going to relax and enjoy ourselves after entertaining last night. We hosted another mystery party which was fun. I had a bit of trouble cooking, but I've pointed it out and all the leftovers are gone or in the garbage. Yay!

Gotta run--just wanted to chime in and catch up.
Judy
234.6/215.2/thinner into onederland
Old 03-09-2008, 06:16 PM   #64  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile Maintained at weigh in

Maintained at weigh in on Friday. Probably good news since I am PMS (although being perimenopausal, PMS can last awhile...LOL!). I also have been using all of my weekly flex points. My best losses comes after TOM.

I need some tips on managing evenings and weekends better. How do those of you with families plan meals and snacks (and stick with it!). Any tricks out there?

Thanks ahead of time for your support. Bethz
Old 03-09-2008, 11:30 PM   #65  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey all...
Beth and all who gave me advice. Thank you very much. Right now I'm riding the stress train. I had a homework assignment I've been working on for hours that I just can't get a handle on so I turned it in with what I had and now I'm decompressing with you fine ladies.

I did do counseling at the church for awhile. I did not quite connect with the gal there. I had some bad things happen to me when I was a little girl and that I just don't normally put much thought into. She kept telling me I was holding back and not willing to walk through the muck. I just couldn't get through to her that I just didn't feel like crying over it all, it was the past and I guess I just didn't really see what she wanted me to do. She was frustrated with me and I was frustrated with her because I hadn't a clue what her expectations were and what she was after. I like Beth's suggestion of writing letters as kind of a journaling my feelings things. I could do that.

Well needless to say, my weekend was blown to bits. I haven't been feeling really well and I was scrounging for any kind of food that would take the nauseous feelings away. I think I'm getting my daughter's virus. I keep getting dizzy, nauseated, and am very tired. (and NO I'M NOT PREGNANT! )Tomorrow it's back to work and a vacation away from the girl's Spring Break vacation. They go back to school tomorrow and I love them to death, but am sure glad to see them go. It's like after 2 days they are bored and getting on eachothers nerves.

Well now that I've decompressed a little, got the assignment at least turned in, I think I am now going to take a nice HOT bath with my latest read...

Love you gals!

Christina
Old 03-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #66  
Focus on the Process

p.s...

Bethz-planning is my worst thing too. I am absolutely horrible at it. So maybe we could work on that together.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:10 AM   #67  

Hi turtles:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Well, we got through the storm & they were right it was definately the worst this year. But today was so sunny & with all the storm it was very beautiful as well.

As I mentioned, I am off this week and am going to be getting some more things done around the house & planning some point friendly menus.

My goal this week is to walk everyday, stay OP and basically get really serious about bootcamp.

I know if we all pull together we will have great results.

Hang in there everyone & good luck with the upcoming week!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:13 AM   #68  

Good morning, turtles!

Hope you are all starting off the week on a positive note & all planned out for today.

Just did my w/i and am down 2.8# this week. So happy about that - feels like I have been rewarded for all my shovelling. Today I am going to pre-plan most of my meals for this week so I don't get side-tracked with being at home. And have somethings already prepared in fridge to help with making better choices.

Well, off to tackle some of that basement. Have a great "turtle day"
Old 03-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Monday!

The weekend went well and of course it was over far too soon

Bandit: A huge congrats! I know that you are feeling really positive right now and you deserve it! Have a great holiday!

Chris: Hope you get to feeling better soon! The flu bugs that are going around are no fun at all!

Judy: Your mystery parties sound like a ton of fun!

Beth: I don't do so well on the weekends either... I do plan meals for each day and try to keep fruit on hand to snack on... keeping busy helps, doing projects, crafts, chores around the house... etc.

Well I need to get some work done. Have a great day everyone!

Princess
Old 03-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #70  
Chick

Bandit, : That is incredible! Weigh to go! Gee, that's really inspiring. Maybe all that snow was a blessing. LOL.

Bethz, : to you too because it looks like right about now the scale should move downward. Weigh to go! As far as snacks,
this may sound dopey, but I find that frozen grapes make a great snack. By the time I eat the 20 grapes that are one point, it takes a long time because they are so cold and I'm "over" the craving. I also keep "diet" hot chocolate in the house which is only 25cal. and it soothes the chocolate craving. I think there is also something of value in making popcorn for you and your family--instead of the higher calorie chips and things. The kids don't need the extra fat either. Hey, I take lower calorie tortillas, cut them into 8 pieces, spray a cooky sheet with Pam, sprinkle the tortillas with garlic powder or seasoning--pepper and salt--and toast them up. You get 8 chips for one point, less fat than crackers. Then I'll make a ffyogurt dip throwing spices into the yogurt. First, I drain the yogurt through a sieve to get rid of the excess water. Is it like sour cream, not really, but it's okay and a lot less calories. I'll also keep peppers, carrots, and celery sticks ready for snacking.
I guess I'm in a Boot Camp frame of mind and I'm willing to do these things to lose weight!

As for me, I'm still hanging in there with recording everything I eat. I used to make believe that a cookie or two didn't have to be recorded. Do you think that's why I "plateaued" LOL. So, embarassing as it is, I record every BLT and get on with it. After a heavy eating day I have been able to get back to lighter eating the next day. I have also stepped up my exercise and know that will help. Yesterday I got up to 2.75miles on the and although I don't like to spend my time doing that, I also know that it is key to my shuffling up my weight and knocking some off.

Here's to us all for making a great effort!

Good luck to us all,
Judy
Old 03-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #71  

It is so encouraging to read your posts ladies and i could really use the encouragement right now. I have stuffed so much bad food in my mouth the past few weeks that i am ashamed. I weighed myself this morning and I am at one of my all time highs of 224. I know i can't give up or it will only get worse.
To all the ladies with losses or even holding steady - Congratulations on the weigh in.
Judy - Thanks for the neat tips and ideas on snacks. They sound good.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:43 AM   #72  
Chick

Princess, You and I posted at the same time. So here's a for getting through the weekend and for getting through a day at work. You're doing great and thanks for starting Boot Camp. It was just the kick I needed to get off my duff.
Judy
Old 03-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #73  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile snack suggestions

Judy: thanks for the good snack suggestions. I do like the tortilla chips and salsa, or saltines and salsa; feel like I get a lot for a few points. I like the idea of the diet hot chocolate for the chocolate cravings, and the frozen grapes. I have never had frozen grapes...

I did well today:
B: english muffin, egg white, ff american cheese
L: rye bread, 1oz turkey, 1oz swiss cheese, grapes, 2 clementines
S: pretzels
D: 4 shrimp, 1t cocktail sauce, 2oz leftover chicken, lettuce, tomato, cucumber salad, 1T italian dressing (I was going to make chicken fajitas, but my son made dinner for us).

Drank plenty of water.
Did not get any exercise.(Lunchtime was very busy for me)
Lost one pound with a sneak peak at the scale. Official weigh in not until Friday!

Chirily: Glad you are feeling a little better, and that you are figuring out ways to "de-stress". Hot bath and a good book sounds great!

Have a great evening everyone! Beth
Old 03-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #74  

Hi turtles:

Bethz - welcome to our group, I am sure you will fit right in & any new suggestions are always welcome.

Judy - you are really doing great with keeping your exercising going. Keep it up!

Hope everyone is off to a great start this week!
Old 03-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #75  
Focus on the Process

Chatty little group today, aren't we? I had to work, then had a required chat with my marketing team for my class and now here I is!

Judy, loved your snack suggestions. I love frozen grapes too, as long as they are not too sour. I'm going to have to try some of your tortilla chips. Those sound good. I'll have to say "YUCK" to popcorn though. I have never liked the stuff.

Bandit-congrats on your weight loss.

Bethz-Welcome and all that stuff. You'll fit right in and am really looking forward to your tips, tricks, and insight. I can always use some inspiration.

Cherry-Been there too and am struggling with being on my all time high. I feel it right with you sweetie! Here's a . I gain, get frustrated, cry alot, and then jump right back on the wagon (most of the time.)

Well Princess, sounds like you had a good weekend!

Okay..I'm not sure if I am fighting a flu bug or if it's something else. I will be fine, and then taste or smell something and I am instantly nauseous. Like today for instance, I went to eat a cherry slice candy at work and it touched my tongue and I was instantly sick. (Not that it was a bad thing, though...) My chest keeps feeling slightly tight and I am just beat. When I can't get enough air, I have panic attacks so today was a day of unease for me. I calm down and do okay when I take my allergy pills, so maybe it's just allergies playing havoc on me. God knows, I have enough of them. It is so hard to handle though because there is always some little voice in the back of my mind trying to tell me that there is something seriously wrong. Usually when I feel this rotten, it is because of something wrong.. The sickest I have gotten is when I have too much yeast in my system or when the sulfasalazine I was on for my RA was creating liver toxicity. That was the worst and I thought I was going to die. Well enough ramblings about the icky tummy, guess I'll just stick with what is working-my trusty ol' Tylenol allergy/sinus med.

check back tomorrow....

Christina
Closed Thread