Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 12:42 PM   #16  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Quick Question

OK, I'm majorly craving this bag of M&M's that's been in my drawer for weeks. I don't have my points finder with me, could someone possibly tell me the points value for 240 calories, 10 grams of fat and 1 gram of fiber? (There's a very good possibility that knowing the points value will talk me out of eating them...)

Sheesh, they keep piling stuff on my desk to do. Can't you people see I'm eating? I better get back to work...

Talk to you again soon!!
Old 02-12-2002, 12:44 PM   #17  
Canadian Chick

Hi all, no time to chat now-hopefully later. Just wanted to let you all know that when I did WI last night I lost 5lbs!!!! YAY me!! Of course now I have to keep the trend going.

Later,
Rina
Old 02-12-2002, 12:44 PM   #18  
A Yankee in Virginia

Busy board today! This will be quick ... we had a shooting last night and I've been busy tracking down info.

Lori: Your dress is GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing.

Ali: I'm with you about the ice skating last night. I was mad. Sale and Pelletier were so wonderful, so emotive and they actually brought tears to my eyes. The Russians looked like two block of ice out there and they made mistakes!

Hi Belle! How're things with BF? Email me!

Hi to everyone else, welcome aharris! I gotta run, but I'll try to pop back in later. BTW, I was good last night ... cooked myself baked salmon with mashed potatoes (lo-fat version) and corn. It was yummy!
Old 02-12-2002, 01:03 PM   #19  
Parrothead

Default I'm here with great news!

Well, I finally got a job. I am super excited and will start next week. It is for a consulting company doing the same stuff I was doing before. Luckily I didn't have to take that much of a pay cut either. My weekend was great because of the good news. It was really good timing because I spent Friday morning at the spa getting my hair and nails done.

We cooked chicken cacciatore and basalmic green beans for our friends Friday night while watching the opening ceremony. All of the menu was WW so I felt good about that. I did eat some pie and drank a couple of glasses of wine (bad, I know). Then on Saturday my fab MIL came into town and brought us a New Orleans King Cake. It is so good and really hard to stay away from. DH and I are having a Fat Tuesday meal of stuffed cabbage and German Potato salad. The Texas hill country is very German and my DH and I are also German, so we both love the food. I think I am also going to make a cheesecake with low fat cream cheese.

Kirsty ~ We eat pancakes all the time. I make mine with flour, baking powder, milk, and eggs. It makes a medium thick batter and you cook them on a griddle. I thought these were world wide.

As far as the Lent thing goes, DH and I are Catholic so we participate. He and I are trying to get back into our faith so this is a good opportunity to get involved. Tomorrow we fast and then on every friday we don't eat meat. I am going to give up cursing for Lent and try to go to Mass more often. I think the giving up thing comes from Christ giving up his life for our sins. Lent begins tomorrow with Ash Wednesday and then wraps up with Holy Week and Easter. If ya'll have any questions feel free to ask me. I don't mind

Lori ~ I love your dress! It will look so great on you.

Ali ~ I agree, the canadian skaters should have won. They were beautiful out there!

Well I gotta run some more errands. I have to go on a trip the first week at the job, so I need to clean all of my suits.
Kay
Old 02-12-2002, 01:07 PM   #20  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

LOOOORRRRDDDDD!!!! Wow - tons of posts today. Let's see how I do.

I weighed in at WW at Work at lunchtime. Down 1 !! I was happy. Would have loved more since I was so good this week, but one is good so I am happy.

Jen - I hope you feel better!!!

Lori - your dinner sounds awesome. Let us know if it's any good.

Jess - good luck tonight at WI. I know what you mean. I am always nervous even when I've followed religiously. I'm sure it'll be great.

Grace - I didn't think about that. I prob would get bored of the same things. Actually, I'm not sure I'd ever get bored of pizza. But I'm not even going to get it if I can help it. Today I got a turkey sandwhich and an AWESOME salad. I'll bring my lunch most days, but if I don't the deli line offers some good choices and the salad bar was amazing.

aharris - welcome!!!

Stacey - you had me laughing so hard it hurt. Funny!!!!

Rina - 5 pounds??? was that in one week? congrats whatever time period that was in. keep up the good work. What was your secret?

Kim - your job sounds a bit more eventful than mine!!! good luck with the story.

I think I got everyone. If I missed anyone, sorry!

Okay girls - y'all keep up the great work.

LIsa

(16 more to go for my May 1st goal. AAHhhhh stressful!)
Old 02-12-2002, 01:27 PM   #21  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Folic Acid

The absence of folic acid in the early weeks and months of the pregnacy is what has been found to cause spina bifida and clef palates of the like. My doc had me taking vitamins as early as possible just to be sure I had sufficient folic acid. I'm sure too much can be bad for you but most vitamins today have the recommended daily allowance.
Argh, back to work. Big boss came in and asked me to do a follow up.............
ps--are we talking about the pancakes like at IHOP? The way kirsty's talking they sound like fancy things, not like what I would eat for breakfast on Saturday mornings! We started eating them for Christmas Eve dinner, too! Man! Pass the peanut butter and maple syrup! YUMMY!

Last edited by StaceyT; 02-12-2002 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-12-2002, 01:32 PM   #22  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jess, the m&m's will be 5 1/2 points.

Lisa
Old 02-12-2002, 02:17 PM   #23  

Hi Everyone Gosh it's been sooo long since I've posted. I haven't even been reading... slacking off I tell ya! I've missed all of you girls tho! Let's see... what's new with me. Just got a new puppy (black lab). She's a cutie and keeping me running. I was in Florida for a week on vacation with a friend. That was fun! The weather down in Orlando was a LOT nicer than up here in NH, even tho the weather has been mild. Anyways! I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I hope you are all doing well.

Trish... congrats on the new baby!
Old 02-12-2002, 03:16 PM   #24  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

I think I'll just leave them in my drawer... I can do witout the M&M's...
Old 02-12-2002, 05:21 PM   #25  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Chocolate is bad!

I just ate four pieces of valentine's chocolate!
Bad ME!!!!
Old 02-12-2002, 05:26 PM   #26  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default What I'm giving up for Lent

I'm giving up Chocolate. I can do it! I think I can, I hope I can, maybe I can, surely I can, if I can't oh well, at least I will try!
Have a great evening! Work sucks!!!!!!!!! I'm ready to walk out and not look back.........Personnel Development Reviews are comign up and I'm gonna go crazy! Anyone wanna go with me?
Closed Thread