Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 09:57 AM   #1  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Monday, A Memorial To the Weekend

So How did we do this wknd???? TOM visited me so I didn't exactly watch pts b/c I felt yucky and didn't even have much of an apetite. Had a fun wknd though Friday I went over b/f's and spent time with his whole fam (I really like them) Sat a bunch of our friends visited b/f and we had a blast. It was also my neices 1st b-day Sat afternoon and she was sooooo precious. She really tore into her cake (just like her aunt ) Anyways and then last night I just hung out with one of my girlfriends. Fun filled wknd but mellow. B/f and I had such a great talk. He told me he wants to marry me!!!! He can't work right now though b/c of his leg so I won't be walking the aisle anytime soon. But I cannot wait!!!

Well Girls fill me in on your exciting wknds? I still don't know what to do for b/f for valentines day??? Oh well! I really want to get flowers at work. ( I am so easy, Urr I mean )

Alright I will check back soon. Just wanted to get the thread rollin' rollin', rollin'.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:18 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

becky - i'm all excited that your BF said he wants to marry you - are you going to get engaged (or are you now engaged?)!? more details please!
i did ok this weekend, thanks to the fact i'd saved up enough points in advance! lots of yummy food and cocktails. this week is going to be really hard on the old points. tomorrow is pancake tuesday and also the opening of a friend's art exhibition. he's painted pictures of people before, during and after facial surgery which is going to be interesting, if somewhat gory. later this month the exhibition is moving to the national portrait gallery which is pretty prestigious (www.npg.org.uk/live/prelsave.asp). i'm going to go to the private viewing there as well - i feel all cultured now! just call me charlotte from sex and the city!
anyhow, BF and I are going to do pancakes tonight instead - with salmon and veggies. yum.
and then it's valentine's on thursday, so we're going out for dinner and then we're going out for dinner on friday as well because the place we really wanted to go to was fully booked on thursday! i'm going to go easy on the booze so i can enjoy the food!
right, i'm going to post this and do some work! hello to anyone else about to post!!
kirsty
Old 02-11-2002, 11:19 AM   #3  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Mondays Suck!

I hate Mondays! Two people are out of the office today so that leaves me playing the role of receptionist and loan servicing clerk along with the closing that I have today at 2pm!!! Argh! Plus the fact my joints are ache-y but I'm ignoring that! I can't afford to get sick. DO you hear me?!?!?!?!
I took some Aleve so maybe, hopefully, please Dear God, that will help.
Hey Becky! Thanks for getting the post started! I wonder if it will be as busy as Friday's? That's awesome news from bf!!!!
How long have you guys been serious? Weren't you friends for a long time first? That's fabulous!
I didn't do too well, but not too bad on points this weekend. I drank my weight in draft beer, though. DH did too and he got sick the next morning. Ugh! I forgot about the for better or worse part....oh well, minor paybacks to me for my morning after the bachelorette party.
I really don't want to get back to work, but I have to pee and I'm waiting for my boss to return so at least the phones will be answered.
Hopefully I'll be back later.
Have a great day everyone and come out and post!!!!!!!
PS Hey Kirsty!! Does pancake day have anything to do with Mardi Gras? My mom wants to go to a cajun restaurant tonight for her birthday. Hopefully there won't be too much 'preshow' to the Mardi Gras celebrations! It should be good food, though.
Points? what points? No, I'll really try to be good
Boss is back, gotta go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by StaceyT; 02-11-2002 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:31 AM   #4  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Grace, Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Let us know about the flowers on Thursday! Good luck... we are easy to please, aren't we.

Kirsty - awesome with the banking. I had to do the same this weekend. It's so nice to have those extra points to use when you need them.

Stacey - good luck staying healthy. Take some vitamin C and get rest tongiht!!!

Soooooo........

I had a party on Saturday. And since I wasn't quite sure what to wear I thought I'd go shopping. It's been so long since I've been shopping. Last time I was buying 16's at old navy. SO, this time, I thought I'd pick up these pants in a size 16 and in a 14 so I could try on both. I went into the dressing room and tried on the 16's. WAAAYYY TOOO BIG! So, then I put on the 14's. STILLL TOO BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I coudln't believe it! I went and picked up the 12's and they fit perfectly! I almost started crying. I haven't worn a size 12 since I was a sophomore in high school.

The party went well. I have a pretty small apt, and we had 65 people come! I didn't know half the people there, but the party was an enormous success. People were asking when our next party was and telling us how awesome it was. I did some great banking so I was able to have jambalaya, king cake, and 4 drinks. So that went well.

I got so many complements from people who haven't seen me in a while. When I get the pics back from the party... I will surely post some.

A size 12 - woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

Lisa
Old 02-11-2002, 11:32 AM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Kirsty- No, I am not engaged. We always talk about what if's and he said that he knows he wants to marry me. Weird or what? Anyways, I am glad you're excited too We haven't been together long but we knew when we made the transition from being friends that we didn't want a long drug out relationship. We have both done that before so we promised each other that we would be honest and if we just weren't feeling it we wouldn't prolong things and if we were we would commit. Anyways, back to food When you say pancakes do you mean what we americans mean when we say pancakes? Fill me in?

Stacey- don't you just love when you get to work and instantaneously become 3 people. Hope that it gets better for you. Keep fighting the sickness. You can do it I am finally feeling better however TOM made me feel pretty crappy. Gosh, womanhood is just such a blessing. Oh well I feel great today though!!!!

Everybody come out and play.
Jen, Kieri, Lolly, Ali, Tonya, Belle, Trish, Kay, Jess, KT, Rina, Lisa, Lori, etc. etc. etc. There are lots of you I always stalk people when they don't post and I am the one who misses days on end Don't you just love the double standard!
Old 02-11-2002, 11:36 AM   #6  
Shopper Extraordinaire

LISA- 12 YAYYYYY! WOOHOO! You need to celebrate and buy a few more pairs. Oh wait nevermind then you'll just have to throw them out when you hit a size 10
Old 02-11-2002, 11:40 AM   #7  
Scotland's finest export

Default no pancake day?

i can't believe you guys don't have pancake day - or shrove tuesday as it is also known...
pancakes over here are a mix of flour, eggs and milk which is then fried in a frying pan (and flipped/tossed, a skill i haven't quite mastered) and you can serve them with savoury or sweet fillings. like lemon juice and sugar, or chocolate, or jam (jelly to you guys). mmmmmm. you must have pancakes!!
ooh, according to the dictionary it does have some similarity to mardi gras. basically it's the last day before Lent begins, so it's time for a big pig out before you fast (which i don't!). no carnivals over here, just plenty food.
but maybe this year i should give up something for Lent. Ok, as of wednesday i will eat no more ice cream until Easter. (sorbet is allowed!).
anyone else going to give something up for Lent?!
Lisa - woo hoo on the size 12!!! hooray!! sounds like a great party.
stacey - hope you feel better soon (and that you get some help in the office - sounds like you're doing everyone's job!).
kirsty
Old 02-11-2002, 12:10 PM   #8  
A Yankee in Virginia

I hate Mondays.

Especially when I work Sunday. But I shouldn't be complaining too much. I'm taking Thursday and Friday off to go to New England for a mini-reunion with my high school friends. It was supposed to be seven of us, but one girl cancelled. So there will be six of us. I'm so excited!

Lisa: That is so fantastic about the size 12! What a great feeling that must have been. You're doing so well!

Becky: Yay on the marriage talk! I hope he moved faster than my BF does. I've been waiting five years for a proposal. What's odd is that we've been talking about a wedding date since Thanksgiving — Oct. 12. But I'm not planning a thing until that ring is on my finger.

Valentine's Day, Schmalentine's Day. Actually, I'm feeling a little sad that I won't be with BF on V-Day. I'll be leaving that morning to drive north (I'm too chicken to fly so I'm leaving a day early to drive and stay the night at my grandma's). He has to work that night anyway, so it's not like we could have had dinner together. But I'll be gone the weekend too. I guess we'll celebrate our Valentine's Day the following weekend. Last year I did get flowers at work, but only because I basically bullied him into it. He's always gotten me flowers on V-Day, but at home. Why don't guys understand we LIKE to get flowers out work so we can show off to our co-workers?

OP so far today. All I had was grapes. And coffee. Over the weekend I didn't do too badly, except for the two margaritas Saturday night. Last night I had the most awesome meal. My sister and I made empanadas out of her vegetarian cookbook. It had zucchini, red peppers, cilantro and cheese in it. We fried them, as per the directions, but next time I'm going to bake them and see how they turn out. I bet they'll be just as good.

My sister's a vegetarian and trying to get me to convert. I'll try it, but in small doses. God help me, I like meat, even though I wish I didn't because I love animals so much. If I knew it was a sure-fire way to lose weight, I'd switch, but looking through this one veggie cookbook of hers, hardly anything appeared to be low-fat. Everything seemed to be fried or have lots and lots of cheese in it. And there was no nutritional info!

Well, better run and grab some lunch before an interview I have at 1:30.
Old 02-11-2002, 12:31 PM   #9  

Hello!! I am here!!! Did so so this past weekend but I am really trying to be good today Had my wedding dress fitting on Saturday and that went well...now I can't gain any weight at least!
Tilley-Congrats on the size 12!!! What a great feeling!!! Did you save a pair of pants from before you started WW so you can try them on periodically for encouragement??? I got rid of all of the 'fat clothes' except for one pair of pants. While I was at my mom's over the weekend I found two other pairs from before the weight loss-I held them up for DF and he was like-WOW!!! you really look different now!!!
Bye for now-I'm going to Subway for lunch!!!
Old 02-11-2002, 01:07 PM   #10  
Running Babe

Lisa: Congrats! I became a size 12 about a year ago now, I know it felt amazing and I did the exact same thing (brought a 16 and a 14 into the change room). From now on you'll discover changing clothes sizes becomes faster and faster (I was honestly a size 10 for 2 weeks).

Lori: The dress fitting sounded like fun! I am glad things are going well.

Kim: I would become a vegetarian but I love meat too much. To be perfectly honest with you though, I hardly eat any red meat and I eat mostly vegetarian anyway. Good luck though and make sure you're getting enough vitamin B12 and Iron.

Kirsty: Pancake day was a HUGE tradition at my house. Then again my mom's english so I guess it's not a huge suprise

Becky: That's awesome

Anyhoo, I am just painfully confused about the lack of my love life... why must I be the queen of first dates and why must I start developing a crush on my best guy friend.....grrrrrr..... (insert Paula Cole music <the Dawson's Creek theme song>).

See Y'all

Ali
Old 02-11-2002, 01:32 PM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

We call tomorrow Fat Tuesday, but I don't celebrate it. Basically it is a HUGE pig out on everything day before you have to give things up for lent. It deals with Mardi Gras too. I figure that I used to eat like that everyday, so why do it now!!!

I was sick, really sick yesterday so my weekend points evened out and I stayed OP. Yah me, but boooo hooo I was so sick. I slept a lot and felt guilty because hubby was stuck with our independent little girl. Now that she walks... you better watch out. She rules the house!

Tilley... Yah on the size!!!

Stacey... drink fluids and Vit C!!!!

Oh back to work!
Old 02-11-2002, 01:44 PM   #12  
Scotland's finest export

i'm about to go home (late for me cos it's almost 7pm!) but just wanted to say hope you feel much better jen!
Old 02-11-2002, 03:10 PM   #13  

Angry

Good afternoon ladies!!

Stacey ~ Stay away from the germs!!!

Jen ~ Sorry to hear you were ill, I hope you are over it now!

Hi to Kirsty, Ali, Lori, Lolly, Becky, Rina, Jess, Trish, Kim, Lisa, and all that I forgot!

I am regrouping again today after a terrible week last week. Getting my water in and walking on the treadmill tonight!

Well, ladies I consider you my friends, so I am going to use you as a sounding board, o.k?

As you know DH and I have two children (6 yrs and 3 1/2 yrs), well, for quite some time I think that I feel that twang of wanting to have one more. I think really I have been in denial, thinking that we have one of each, why would I want more. Then I remember the sweet smell of babies, and all that comes with it, and really want one.

I think that what is holding me back, is really superficial, the thought of gaining weight again, and going thru losing 30+ pounds after pregnancy scares me!! I am finally 7 pounds from my goal weight, and don't know if I want to see myself huge again!!

Does that sound terrible? I know that I would lose the weight, I always do, but I keep thinking what could I do differently this time to gain less that 40 pounds (that is what both my other pregnacies were!).

Plus, my DH has no idea that I want another. He is happy with our two, but I don't think he would deny me having another if that is what I wanted. I think I just wanted to know for sure in my mind what I want before I approach him.

So, give me your .02 cents, I want it! I really don't have many friends to bounce this off of, since I want to keep it hush hush, til DH and I decide what to do.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts! You guys are the best!!!
Old 02-11-2002, 03:26 PM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Tonya, I know how you feel. I gained 35 pounds with Emma, which isn't so bad except right before I had gotten PG, I had lost 30 pounds. Then it was all back on and I was starting over again. I am there again. Losing super slow and ready to have another one, yet it will mean the same thing. I am where I was when I got PG with Emma and it is soooo hard to think about gaining the weight back again. I know I would do things differently this time, but still!

Now if you miss the smell of babies and just being around babies, maybe you really don't want another one, you just want the glory of that babies bring. Make sure you really are ready for the sleepless nights, the fussiness, the screaming, the no social life!! You should talk it over with your hubby and don't let him say what you want to hear, get his honest thoughts on the issue. It's a lot of work and there are a lot of things to consider. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2002, 04:44 PM   #15  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Red face Struggling to make my brain work...

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm here. Having trouble functioning--it's the end of the day and my head is fuzzy. I'll write tomorrow, I promise...
Closed Thread