Old 01-28-2008, 02:07 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #193 Bale of Turtles Trying Hard!!!!!!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
Oh, I forgot to tell you how much fun the Mystery Party was. The group worked out very well and some of the characters even came in costume. It was hysterical! My dh and I bought these games several years ago and now we felt like playing them, so we rounded up a new group of people who were interested. Everyone had fun, food was secondary, and everyone love the WW-style desserts I made. I made a cherry angelfood cake and a lemon mousse both WW-style and delicious. I was very careful about the amount of dinner I ate, gave away leftovers, and escaped quite well considering I was the hostess!

You all take care, be well and let's all have good WI's this week!
Judy
234.6/218.4/thinner into onederland
Old 01-29-2008, 08:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and Happy Tuesday!

Not much is new here, rainy day today, Blah! But it is supposed to get cold again and more snow at the end of the week so a bit of rain is not that bad.

On plan this week and will be going to the gym a few times to walk on the treadmill.

I am eager for warmer weather to get here so that I can take my walks outside, I am not the only one gaining weight in my house, I noticed that my dogs are getting super chubby and need to get out and get some exercise also!

Judy: The party sounds fabulous! How fun and great job on the food. Where did you find games like that at?

I will check back later on.

Have a good day everyone!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #4  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Today has been a weird day and I ended up taking a long nap. That's not at all like me, but I figure I needed it. It's been pretty cold and windy here in NY, but I feel for Bandit and Princess since they're in colder climes.

Princess, I had four mystery games and we played one this past weekend. I was curious too as to where I could buy replacements. I went online and found two good places. One is Night of Mystery.com which allows you to download online. For about $35 you get everything from invites to guests' nametags. Another source is closer to what I have. For about $30 you get a box including everything. It is called How to Host a Murder. There are several variations and this company is easy to find online. I am guessing that Borders or Barnes and Noble might also sell these, but check because I don't know that for a fact. I hope you do go ahead and round up some friends and family and have fun.

All goes well here. Was really hungry earlier and ate a lot of points, but I think the nap has put everything into perspective.
Take care and be well, Turtles.

Judy
234.6/218.4/thinner into onederland
Old 01-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #5  
Chick

Murder Mystery, continued:
Hey Princess, I just went to Amazon under games and then typed in How to Host a Murder and lots of stuff came up. You might want to check it out.

How's everyone coming through the winter? I'm looking forward to spring, but soup has been great this winter.

JUdy
Old 01-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

It is very cold up here & super windy. I had to use 2 hands to steer most of the way to work & there is so much stuff blowing around on the roads (garbage cans, bags etc) & I seen 2 big trees blown down as well.

Watched Biggest Loser last night - anyone else?

Hope everyone is doing great. My gf is coming for dinner tonight & she is bringing dinner & won't tell me what it is - so that should be interesting.
She knows I do ww so should be OK.

Keep warm.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:08 AM   #7  

Morning all! Super cold and windy here too Bandit. We had really strong storms come through here last night, rain with thunder and lightening! Tornadoes all over place... once we heard the sirens start to go off we grabbed the dogs and headed for the basement. We were very blessed though with no damage that we can see so far. Once the rain plowed through the temp's dropped 50 degrees in less then a four hour period. Big snow storms heading our way tomorrow night

I am heading home here shortly, they are coming to put in a new water heater as ours is on its last leg and leaking alarmingly! Not what I wanted to spend my money on but isn't that always the way.

Thanks for the mystery info Judy! Boy that sure sounds like fun I will have to check it out!

Hope all is well with everyone and have a happy day!
Princess
Old 01-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #8  

Bandit: Sorry I keep meaning to answer you on the biggest loser and I always forget. We used to watch it a lot but did not watch it this time around... I have caught a few minutes here and there but not like I used to, lol, we never missed a show!

It is really good this time around?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi Princess - this is the 1st time I watched it & am enjoying it for sure.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:18 AM   #10  

Morning all and Happy Thursday!

Well, the hot water heater arrived yesterday, the man installed it, then announced that it did not work and he did not know way, then he left! UGH! I was so angry... they are supposed to come this afternoon to see what is going on with it but good grief I hate having to use so much vacation time for things like this! Oh well... hears hoping that I have hot water later today!

Not sure what is going on with the scale... I jumped on this morning just to do a mid week check and it is way up! I have done really well on food this week, went to the gym only once due to the whole hot water thing so I am just frustrated and not sure what is going on. Oh well, I will keep at it!

How is everyone else doing?

Have a happy day!
Princess
Old 01-31-2008, 08:33 AM   #11  

Hi ladies just letting you know that i am still arounda and reading everyones posts. It is very encouraging to see you ladies keep on trucking and i know that i need to be doing the same.

Judy - that sounds like a neat party
Bandit - It has been super windy here to. It has even been kind of scary at
times. We are expecting a snow storm today so i will probably be stuck
inside.
Princess - That is scary about the tornado sirens going off. I live in Tornado
Alley so we get that alot.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:36 AM   #12  

Hey Cherry! We are in the alley also... Snow coming here also so I don't mind having to leave the office early today now that I think about it... =)
Old 01-31-2008, 06:15 PM   #13  
Chick

Man, I'm not going to complain about weather. Tornados are really scary.
God bless and God keep you all.

Princess, I can't figure out for the life of me what's happening with your weight. You're not exercising to excess, so you shouldn't have fluid build-up around your muscles. You're eating right, so you should have a weight drop.
Right now I'm hoping it's that the tornado winds have knocked your scale off kilter! Hey, it could happen. In any case, you've got a bit of time before your WI and I'm sending you : and a : Do you have hot water yet?

Bandit, how was your gf eat in dinner? What did she bring? Good luck with all you're doing and good luck driving!

Cherry--see, it's not just you. Lots of us have trouble losing weight and keeping it off. Jump in when you can and do as much WW's as you are up to right now. Even drinking lots of water will help.

I had a nice week and a nice WI I lost another pound and am just about where I was before Christmas. So the almost 4 pound gain is almost gone. Now I don't have any special occasions to worry about and I'm trying to get another good week under my belt. I figured out that there are more than 20 weeks between this week and the week of July 4th. and if I can manage close to a pound a week loss, I can be down 20# by then. That would make a significant difference in how I look and feel.

Here's for us getting through the winter!
Judy
234.6/217.4/thinner into onederland
Old 01-31-2008, 11:01 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Well when I abandon you guys, I abandon! I am sooo sorry. I started school a couple weeks ago and also watching my sister's new baby, so I am back to barely having room to breathe. I know its not good for me-no down time and hardly relaxing. You know, I forgot how much work little babies are. I am so glad I can give him to his mommy at the end of the day. I don't think I can do the midnight feedings anymore. Thank God mine are all over the age of 5 now.

Still not making much progress on my weight. My sister and I are exercising 3 to 4 days a week. I guess I need to punch that up and work out on my own on the other days. I feel so huge and just *blah*. Totally unattractive and shlumpy.

I'll have to read through the posts tomorrow or Saturday and get caught up on what all of you ladies are up to.

Oh, P.S. If anyone has breakfast ideas that don't involve cereal, bread, or eggs....I NEED SOME! I can eat bread (allergies) and I am just sick of the others.

Love you gals!

Christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:13 AM   #15  

Happy Friday! Not good news no matter what way I turn... they came to repair the brand new water heater yesterday... it worked for a while but by the time DH got home from work and went to take a shower it was cold again... so frustrated and angry I could just spit! The scale is not budging either... I have only been to the gym once, thought I might get out my walk away the pounds tapes and try them at home. Oh well, I will just keep going.

We did not get the big snow storm that they called for, was hoping for a snow day but am back at work today.

Judy: Great job!

Chris: I eat oatmeal with fruit every morning so I don't think that I would be of much help to you... have you tried looking on the recipe forum?

Cherry: How are you doing today?

Bandit: How did your evening go with your friend?

Ariana: How are you doing?

Have a great weekend!
Princess