Old 02-12-2008, 08:37 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Tuesday! It is a snowy icy day here, cold and gray, but like Judy said, Spring is on the way... it is just taking it's good old time getting here

Judy: you are doing great and a huge inspiration to us all! Yup, I like the no-brainer of Applebee's also! Keep going, you are doing great! I have to start working on my arms too! I have serious "granny" arms, always have, it runs in the family... Blah!

Cherry: Congrats! I know it is the hardest thing in the world to do... look in that mirror and be positive and honest instead of demeaning and negative to ourselves... but you did it, step one down!

All: How is everyone doing? Anyone have any game plans in place to get back on track or stay on track? If so I would love to hear about them!

Bandit: Good Lord girl but you have got to be more tired of the cold then even I am... LOL. How are you doing these days? Any new recipes?

Ok - Biggest Loser question - last episode - I think - they had a chef on, he had the winning team cook a meal - the dish with the pink lentils, curry sauce, grilled peppers and steak is the one that I am interested in. I have looked and looked but can not find a recipe on how they did that... any suggestions anyone? I have never made lentils or curry sauce in my life, the beef and peppers I can handle but the rest... well I need help.

I will be making it a point to check in here a few times a day, it really keeps me going and helps me to remember that I am a Weight Watcher, keeps me on track and helps me to be accountable.

Post when you can... no matter what! Good day or Bad day! It helps us all the more you post!

Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #47  

Just a quick test to try my new avatar and ticker... yup, it is true... with the holiday's and my back problems I have gained 6.6 lbs since Thanksgiving... but you know what? I don't care at all, not one little bit, that is the past and I am back on track!

Anybody else going to jump on the wagon with me?

Have a very happy day ladies!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:15 AM   #48  

Default The Five Phases of Weight Loss

I found this on another site and thought that is applied to the Turtles... enjoy!

STAGE #1: Honeymoon. When you're in the Honeymoon stage, you feel eager to do whatever it takes to lose weight. You can't wait to get to your goal, and you feel completely committed to your efforts. You probably always stay within your points Target and, control your portion sizes. And it's likely that you track everything you eat in your Tracker, plan your meals and exercise. Keep it up!

STAGE #2: The Thrill Is Gone. This is the most frustrating stage. You may be saying: Why do I have to be so careful? It doesn't seem like it's working. Why can other people eat what they want and still stay thin? Why can't it happen faster? I can't get motivated anymore. If you're at this stage, stick with it. Do what it takes to get the support you need, and see if you can reconnect with the reasons you decided to lose weight in the first place. Review your materials you'll learn something new you didn't know before. Try new foods in your day or a new recipe or try a new exercise.

STAGE #3: Renewed Resolve. This is the time when you have a clearer set of expectations, with the added benefit of understanding how the process works. When you're at this stage, you know that weight-loss doesn't come easily, and you're prepared to work hard. You're ready to be more consistent about exercising, tracking your point values, controlling your portion sizes and everything else that goes along with building healthy new habits.

STAGE #4: Lifestyle Change. At this stage, you keep up your new habits even when you've had a bad day or week. You cope with stress and emotions in a healthy way. And you're always on the lookout for healthy things to eat, and for ways to get in extra exercise. This is a great place to be!

Stage # 5: Divorce Stage. This is the stage you don't want to be in. You have divorced yourself from the program. You have gotten relaxed, old habits came back in, some of the weight has came back, you say you will start again tomorrow or the first of the month. At this stage you need to stop everything and think about what you are doing. Get the materials back out.

Copied from a post by awsum34
Old 02-12-2008, 09:33 AM   #49  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Princess,
Loved all your posts. Hey, with all you've been through since Thanksgiving, I think your weight loss is okay. Last year I gained 8# in January alone. Ugh!
So, I love all you've got to say and I hear that you're going to give this your best shot! Weigh to go. You've had a great weight loss and now you're working on the next phase of losing weight. I think the stages of weight loss make a lot of sense. The nonsensical thing is to give up and overeat when I feel like I've disappointed myself. That leads to more weight and more guilt and a stupid cycle.

Right now I'm in a good spot. I'd like to lose a pound this week and I'm working on it. It's not at all easy right now--food is calling to me all the time.
But I WI tomorrow and I know I can do this. Thanks for the pep talk Princess.

Let's all do this!
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #50  

I have decided to get back on the wagon if i have to jump from a tree to get on it.LOL I cannot continue on the path I am on. I am going to weigh in on Tuesdays. I am not sure when everyone else weighs in. And like Judy I want to "record all points of the food i eat even when i made less good choices, I still recorded it, looked at it and said, well thats what the 35 points are for, and kept going"

If i am having trouble with emotional eating distract myself I am going to
1.) work on my puzzle
2.) Scrapbook
3.) Exercise
4.) Draw
5.) Take a hot bath
That is the plan anyway. We will see if it works well enough. Well here i go. I will try to post how i have done for each day this week to get me started.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #51  

Cherry:

You rock! I am so glad that you have your plan together! It will work, we just have to be patient and keep going no matter what... if we have a bad meal or even a bad day... so what, we just keep going!

Congrats!

Love your list, I think I will be stealing one of your ideas... I am going to pick out a puzzle the next time I am at the store and set up a card table in the spare bedroom so that I can work on it when ever I need to...

Thanks again! By the way, I weigh in on Saturday morning but what ever works for everyone is fine... Just post how you are doing on your W/I day and I will do the same.

Last edited by Princess1122; 02-12-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #52  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I am so thrilled with the extra support right now. I sure can use it and I think it's helping us all.

Princess,
I'm going to print out that list of stages of weight loss leading up to life style changes. It is clear cut and right on! It bears looking at when we get down
because it points out what we have to do. Long ago I realized that if I were to succeed I needed to eat foods I like (and learn how to make new ones) and couldn't allow myself to be very hungry. Eating "diet foods" and feeling starving all the time couldn't work for me since I had done that too many times in the past and it just didn't work.

Cherry, thanks for your great list of things to do to avoid emotional eating. I like them all and the list made me realize that I want to get my quilting out again. Last year when I was planning my dd's wedding I let my quilting go and I miss it. It's true that I also like to crochet, but right now I've tackled a crochetting project that's a little tough and it takes effort to do it right. So that's not a comforting thing to do. Also, I am reading much more lately and that's working out well--me, a book, and a cup of tea is just the ticket!

I'm sending good vibes to all and I'm going to see if I can't come up with a lentil dish with curry sauce.

Good luck and best wishes to all our wonderful turtles!
(My internet connection keeps on giving out on me, so if I'm not here as often it's because I've lost my connection.)
Judy
Ps My WI is at WW's on Wednesdays and I post my losses or gains because that helps me keep on track.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #53  
Chick

I'm going to start a new thread. See you all at #194!!!!
Judy