Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default 20's and 30's gals

Are you still around here somewhere?!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:47 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default I'm wondering the same thing!

I haven't been around in forever and just rejoined WWer's a month ago! I would love the support we used to have. Let me know if you find them
Old 02-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #3  

i would join in if this group comes back!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

me too -- let's get it started!
Old 02-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #5  

great!
Old 03-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #6  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

I'm new to WW so I am in!
Old 03-02-2008, 04:01 PM   #7  

hi ladies! so i guess i'll get it started. i haven't been on the site much this weekend. been busy but i did pretty well with staying within my points. went out to eat and stuck with soup and salad, so i'm happy with that.

i've been so frustrated lately cuz my family is constantly buying or baking cookies, cake, pie etc. they know i'm on a diet, but it never occurs to them how hard it is for me having that stuff in the house. even if i say something about it, they act like they're listening but nothing changes. i've offered to make low-fat/light recipes but they aren't interested. even my sister who has been trying to lose a few pounds will bake frosted sugar cookies with the kids and never consider using a "diet" recipe. i keep healthy snacks in the house too, which helps me a bit. it's just annoying, you know?

so how's everybody else doing?
Old 03-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I really like your "I ate my willpower" thingy. Cute.

It is a pain to have all those treats around...I'm spoiled bc my boyfriend makes whatever I want. Last night I was trying to eat within points (just like every night, I swear!) and he asked what I wanted. I said "lots of veggies and no oil," and I told him exactly how much chix breast I wanted. He weighed it and cooked it while I did some work, and voila, dinner! Only, the amount of chicken was like, two bites! I wished he had just made whatever he wanted and then I could have blamed him if I overate.

I gotta find out what a serving of chix breast really is!!

S
Old 03-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #9  

that is so great that your boyfriend helps like that! i usually make dinner at my house cuz i can't trust anyone else to make it 'points friendly' lol. my boyfriend is supportive, but we have a long-distance relationship so there's only so much he can do to help.

i usually eat like 2 ounces of chicken at dinner and load up on veggies. unless i have extra points i eat 3 ounces. i'm pretty sure if you're eating trimmed white meat with no skin that it's 1 point per ounce. does that help at all?
Old 03-05-2008, 01:47 PM   #10  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 272/268/170

Height: 5'7

Wow! Liz- how sweet of your boyfriend!! My husband is totally supportive too. sometimes a little TOO supportive. His always on my case about what I'm eating- and he likes to question the guidelines of WW. The other day I went to the gym and he offered to make dinner so when I got home we could eat. He made fish- but it was REALLY salty. I tried to eat it - but it was just horrible! I thought my blood pressure was going to go up!! LOL So I axed it. His presentation was nice though. It looked pretty on the plate.

To answer your question- I believe a serving is 4 oz- which is roughly half a chicken breast. I know- 2 bites! I will usually eat a whole chicken breast. I don't do the 4 oz thing. I'd feel deprived.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:53 PM   #11  

Hey Tina, and eveybody else! i've been really off track this week. i've noticed a pattern - i stay on plan for about a month, then i slowly stray away. last time it happened it took me weeks to get back on track. i'm not going to let that happen this time! i messed up today when someone brought cookies to work. so i'll just try again tomorrow. sigh.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

OK I'm giving this thread a little bump to the top
Hi I would like to join this thread......I started WW last August weighing 210,lost 5 lbs,quit,gained 4 lbs back,then I got back on the wagon in mid January and I've lost 3 lbs so far......not as good as when I was a member,but I just couldn't afford it,but still i'm losing a little at a time and that's better than nothing. But anyway just thought I'd let ya'll know a little bit about my journey....
Old 03-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!!
How was everybody's weekend?
Closed Thread