3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   20's and 30's gals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/132445-20s-30s-gals.html)

modkittn 01-25-2008 10:44 AM

20's and 30's gals

Are you still around here somewhere?! :)

Grace, Grace 02-15-2008 09:47 AM

I'm wondering the same thing!

I haven't been around in forever and just rejoined WWer's a month ago! I would love the support we used to have. Let me know if you find them :)

countrygirl7902 02-23-2008 03:10 PM

i would join in if this group comes back!

shrinkinglizzy 02-28-2008 01:03 PM

me too -- let's get it started!

countrygirl7902 02-28-2008 05:12 PM

great!

cakses 03-02-2008 12:38 PM

I'm new to WW so I am in!

countrygirl7902 03-02-2008 04:01 PM

hi ladies! so i guess i'll get it started. i haven't been on the site much this weekend. been busy but i did pretty well with staying within my points. went out to eat and stuck with soup and salad, so i'm happy with that.

i've been so frustrated lately cuz my family is constantly buying or baking cookies, cake, pie etc. they know i'm on a diet, but it never occurs to them how hard it is for me having that stuff in the house. even if i say something about it, they act like they're listening but nothing changes. i've offered to make low-fat/light recipes but they aren't interested. even my sister who has been trying to lose a few pounds will bake frosted sugar cookies with the kids and never consider using a "diet" recipe. i keep healthy snacks in the house too, which helps me a bit. it's just annoying, you know?

so how's everybody else doing?

shrinkinglizzy 03-02-2008 04:08 PM

I really like your "I ate my willpower" thingy. Cute.

It is a pain to have all those treats around...I'm spoiled bc my boyfriend makes whatever I want. Last night I was trying to eat within points (just like every night, I swear!) and he asked what I wanted. I said "lots of veggies and no oil," and I told him exactly how much chix breast I wanted. He weighed it and cooked it while I did some work, and voila, dinner! Only, the amount of chicken was like, two bites! I wished he had just made whatever he wanted and then I could have blamed him if I overate.

I gotta find out what a serving of chix breast really is!!

S

countrygirl7902 03-02-2008 04:14 PM

that is so great that your boyfriend helps like that! i usually make dinner at my house cuz i can't trust anyone else to make it 'points friendly' lol. my boyfriend is supportive, but we have a long-distance relationship so there's only so much he can do to help.

i usually eat like 2 ounces of chicken at dinner and load up on veggies. unless i have extra points i eat 3 ounces. i'm pretty sure if you're eating trimmed white meat with no skin that it's 1 point per ounce. does that help at all?

Commit4life 03-05-2008 01:47 PM

Wow! Liz- how sweet of your boyfriend!! :) My husband is totally supportive too. sometimes a little TOO supportive. His always on my case about what I'm eating- and he likes to question the guidelines of WW. The other day I went to the gym and he offered to make dinner so when I got home we could eat. He made fish- but it was REALLY salty. I tried to eat it - but it was just horrible! I thought my blood pressure was going to go up!! LOL So I axed it. His presentation was nice though. It looked pretty on the plate. ;)

To answer your question- I believe a serving is 4 oz- which is roughly half a chicken breast. I know- 2 bites! I will usually eat a whole chicken breast. I don't do the 4 oz thing. I'd feel deprived.

countrygirl7902 03-10-2008 06:53 PM

Hey Tina, and eveybody else! i've been really off track this week. i've noticed a pattern - i stay on plan for about a month, then i slowly stray away. last time it happened it took me weeks to get back on track. i'm not going to let that happen this time! i messed up today when someone brought cookies to work. so i'll just try again tomorrow. sigh.

shelbysmom 03-15-2008 10:17 PM

OK I'm giving this thread a little bump to the top
Hi I would like to join this thread......I started WW last August weighing 210,lost 5 lbs,quit,gained 4 lbs back,then I got back on the wagon in mid January and I've lost 3 lbs so far......not as good as when I was a member,but I just couldn't afford it,but still i'm losing a little at a time and that's better than nothing. But anyway just thought I'd let ya'll know a little bit about my journey....

shelbysmom 03-17-2008 06:50 PM

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!!
How was everybody's weekend?