Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 10:33 AM   #1  

Default 50 or More #86

If you have 50 or so pounds to lose, this is the group for you. So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!
Old 01-27-2002, 11:21 AM   #2  

Texaslady, thanks, will pass that on to Dh! And I second your plea to Janet and Carol: PLEASE come, if there's any way at all! It would be such fun to have us (almost) all together! (Hopefully Linda could join us at our *next* reunion, maybe in San Francisco?) Hope you enjoyed your dinner last night at Dd's!

Linda, thanks! Re: the journal, I've been doing it this way only a few days, but I already really like it. The Feb. WI will tell the tale, though. I think part of my problem lately has been skipping some of my morning walks, as we've had such cold weather. I usually get in a walk in the afternoon on those days, but I don't think that does as much good, metabolism-wise.

JOYce, yes, we found all kinds of good veggies, and berries too. I really envy your being so close to TJ's! Sounds like a great dinner you put together from there yesterday. Glad to hear the itch is lots better; how scary, to feel your throat being affected like that! Sure hope you're not allergic to the chlorine, though.

Have to run and get ready for church! The other pianist took over in December for me, as we were gone so much, so I'm doing most every Sunday this month.
Everyone have a great Sunday! Hi to Janet and Carol!
Regards,
Jan
Old 01-29-2002, 05:46 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone! Boy, we've been quiet lately. I for one haven't done much of anything. I'm working a lot so the weekends are basically do-nothing time by necessity.
Joyce, I'm glad your birthday is so enjoyable. Are you having fun with your new scanner? Hope the rash/itch is better. I too wonder if it could be the chlorine- maybe they gave it an extra shot, and it's very drying and quite irritating to some people's skin, and a "trigger" to many asthmatics. I'm sorry you learned the hard way not to cut back on your Dyazide - they are doubly important with your medical condition! Even on car trips, if it means stopping at every ladies room along the way, you shouldn't cut it back on your own.
Jan, I'm glad counting points from dinner as the start of the day is working for you. I do that sometimes too. Congrats to dh for his great start!! The one nurse who is out with a shoulder injury goes back to the doctor Monday, but she still tells everyone she talks to how painful it is, so I'm not counting on her returning just yet. Last Thursday the office managers (the ones who gave us the flowers) gave my coworker and I each a thankyou card with a $10 bill and a note that lunch was on the office. Very nice- they do appreciate our hard work, and they know who works and who doesn't!! Re the reunion- I'll try, but I'm really not optimistic, unfortunately.
Texaslady, how was the breakfast at dd's? How nice that you get along so well with her in-laws.

Well, I'd better run. I don't have to be at work till 8 today, but I need to do some legwork on a cake for dd's 2/9 baby shower this morning. The bakeries are all closed by the time I get home these days, and since this is my only "late morning" I'd better take advantage of the extra time.
Hi to Linda, Janet, Sara and anyone I missed. Have a good Tuesday, everyone.
Carol
Old 01-29-2002, 11:59 AM   #4  
Inchworm

Carol Thanks for the advice. and the 'finger shaking'!
I know you are right, and will be more obedient to doctor's directions. Obedience is my goal in lots of directions. I just want to do it 'my way'! The O.L.D.'s are the pits!
I'm so glad to hear that your office managers are showing genuine appreciation for your hard work. That is so important!

I'm meeting another cyber friend for lunch today. She posted on this site a few years back. A neat Christian lady that lives about 50 miles from me. I was afraid I would have to cancel because of rain, but has cleared up nicely, so better get going. Last year I drove thru torrential rain for our meeting, and had decided I wouldn't do that again! The rain has cleared the air, and it is a beautiful day.

Have a great day!
Old 01-30-2002, 10:03 AM   #5  

Carol, you're right, we've been really quiet lately! Guess everyone is pretty busy. That was really nice of the office mgr. to treat y'all to lunch; it's great to be appreciated, and I'm sure that made you feel a bit better. Did you get the cake lined up for the shower? I was amazed at you, getting an errand in before work like that, and considering 8 a.m. a late start!!

JOYce, did you and your friend have a nice visit? Glad the weather cleared for you. Ours has been almost muggy lately, but another cold front is due.

We celebrated Dh's birthday last night, just a quiet dinner with the 3 of us. I wanted to make that key lime pie from the new WW book, but our store had *none* of the ingredients except the lime jello! So I made a strawberry pie along the same lines, very low point. Dh is still being very good about journaling, and I think he is secretly looking forward to his meeting on Saturday!

Gotta run! Everyone have a great Wednesday! Hi to Texaslady, Janet, Linda, and Saara!

Jan
Old 01-30-2002, 11:16 AM   #6  
Inchworm

Good morning!
Yes, Janet, I had a lovely day yesterday, we went to a Chinese place and I chose the shrimp with vegetables. I think it was a good healthy choice. It had broc, snowpeas, etc with wonderful plump, juicy shrimp.
Birthday greetings to DH!!

Carol, no fun with the new scanner yet. dh ran into technical probs when he misplaced the cord that came with it. I have since found it, and he can give it another try.

Must scoot, I have Bible study this morning, and stained glass this evening!

Have a great day.
Old 02-01-2002, 05:19 AM   #7  

Good morning! TGIF! I will be SO glad when today is over! What does everyone have planned for the weekend?
Tomorrow I am meeting an old friend who lives a few hours from me. We're going to spend the day "playing"- we'll go to a slot machine haven near her and throw a few quarters (we're both big spenders- maybe $20-$30 each total) into the slots, do some window shopping at an outlet mall nearby, eat at a great seafood restaurant she knows and maybe catch a movie somewhere in between. It's sort of a belated celebration of my birthday- we usually get together for that, but couldn't this year. It will be a long day by the time I drive back home, but it will be such fun! I should probably be letting my body heal from the week in preparation for Monday and the long week ahead instead, but such is life. Sometimes the spirit needs healing as much as the body, and I am so sick of the work 12 hours/eat/babysit/sleep schedule I have right now! The weather will be chilly but sunny- it's a wonder they haven't predicted a blizzard since I'm actually planning a day of fun.
Joyce, I'm glad you had a good time at lunch with your "cyberfriend". Did dh get your scanner up and running yet? How are you feeling? Has the skin problem cleared up?
Jan, I had to run 4 places that morning, but finally did suceed in getting a cake. It's not exactly what I had in mind, but it should be real cute. It's going to be a sheet cake, and on the top it will have a crib (made of cake and icing too) with a little plastic baby in pink , and "Welcome Baby Marissa Lynne" in pink and lavender. Wish dh a belated happy birthday from me, and give him a heartfelt "attaboy" for his successful WW efforts! Also, please give your dear dad my best.

We have a lot of fog this morning- and I have to drive to Virginia. I was planning on leaving about 6, but I may have to wait it out. Always something! I shouldn't complain- we've had some absolutely gorgeous spring-like weather this week! I hear part of Texas is expecting snow today- does that affect either of you,Jan and Texaslady?

Gotta run. Hi to all, and have a good weekend!
Carol
Old 02-01-2002, 12:05 PM   #8  
Inchworm

Angry WI

Well, I got rid of all that water weight! 7 lbs!! ( I WILL NOT skip my important meds again!!) The leader said it would make her report look really good today We had a big lecture on the importance of journaling...I must do that! I KNOW it works!
I purchased another 10 week pre-pay today, so am committed.
I'll be back in aerobics on Monday.

As for the weekend, we are leaving this afternoon for a couples retreat through our church. We will spend tonight at a lovely hotel down in Orange County, with meetings tonight and tomorrow. We will be home tomorrow nite, and then hopefully I can get dh to get my scanner up and running on Sunday.

Carol, sounds like you have a *very fun day* planned! Good luck with those quarters! My kind a fun!
Old 02-01-2002, 02:52 PM   #9  

Hi Carol! That cake sounds so cute; worth running to 3 places for, I would think! So glad you're planning a fun day for tomorrow. You're so right, the spirit needs a little R&R, too! I hope you have great luck with the slot machines, and win enough for a ticket to Texas! I'll cross my fingers for you.

JOYce, congrats on the great loss! And I agree, journaling is key; I never seem to lose any weight when I don't journal.Your couples retreat sounds like such fun ... have a great time!

Re: our weekend, other than going to S.A. tomorrow for WW, we'll be at home working on projects. I've got two presentations to give next week at the state conference, plus an approaching deadline for some contract work I'm doing for a publisher. Whew. Am also taking one of my classes to Austin on Wed., as they've been invited to help give a workshop. I don't know how I get myself into these things!

The weather down here is cold but not freezing, w/a little rain. (We could use a lot more.) But no snow, thank goodness. Not sure how Texaslady's weather is holding up, though.

Everyone have a great weekend!
Regards,
Jan
Old 02-02-2002, 04:48 PM   #10  

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! Dh and I just got back from SA; he lost 2 pounds this week! I'm so thrilled; looks like he's really determined. He got a recipe card today and decided to make the green beans tonight, to go with grilled fresh tuna. Yum.
Have a good one!

Jan
Old 02-03-2002, 02:22 AM   #11  

JAN, congrats on the 2# loss for your dh! I imagine that really spurs him on, to see such a good loss after all of his efforts. How did you do?
Old 02-03-2002, 09:58 AM   #12  

Good morning! How is everyone's weekend going?
I had a great day yesterday. I came out a whole $10 ahead on the slots , found great baby/toddler clothing bargains at the Rehobeth outlets (tax free), and had a wonderful grilled yellowfin tuna dinner at my friend's favorite restaurant (on her, for my belated birthday-even better!). I got back home about 10:30 last night. A long day, but lots of fun and very relaxing.
Today should be a nothing special day- dd has a meeting after church so will be home from work later than usual, and dsil is going to be headed for a Super Bowl party this afternoon. Exdh is leaving early tomorrow morning- he has work in North Carolina all next week and then will be back down in the Florida stores and home again untill April, other than a quick trip back up here whenever little Marissa is born to meet his new dgdd.

Joyce, I'm glad the 7 pound water weight gain is gone- and I'm glad you won't do the "Dr. Joyce" thing again! I hope you've enjoyed your weekend retreat.
Jan, congrats to dh for the 2 pound loss! What kind of green bean recipe did he receve at the meeting? I love green beans- I could eat them 365 days a year without getting bored- especially if they are fresh! It sounds like you are going to be one busy lady with your various projects! I thought once you got back in the classroom your time would be a little more your own- what happened to that?? It sounds like you are still working much too hard, my friend!

Well, my coworker with the injured shoulder goes back to the doctor on Wednesday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll be back to work after that, but I won't hold my breath. She was still complaining of quite a bit of soreness when she stopped in the office the other day. So, I'm mentally bracing myself for another couple weeks of extra long hours. And in addition, with exdh gone, that will throw some extra babysitting time to me during the week, because he's been helping out there when dd is working and dsil can't watch the little guy. What is it they say? That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger?

Gotta run and see if the washer is available. Have a great Sunday, everyone!
Carol
Old 02-03-2002, 10:07 AM   #13  

Hi Linda! Yes, he's really into it. It's amazing what a difference going to meetings has meant! Myself, I stayed the same so am still lifetime, but not progressing toward my personal goal.

So I made up a challenge for myself. It's exactly ten weeks until our reunion. My goal is to reach the "kerchunk" by then (7 pounds) to get into the 140's. Our WW mtg theme was IRS: I am Responsible for my own Success. She compared getting ready for taxes with program, and asked us to visualize where we'd be by April 15, so that got me started. And now telling y'all about it may help keep me honest!

Well, have a long day of "sit down" work at the keyboard today, so I'd better start it out with a long walk. (How's that for postponing work? Heh heh.)

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Regards,
Jan
Old 02-03-2002, 10:12 AM   #14  

Hi Carol! We must have been posting at the same time. Glad you had such a good time with your friend! And you must be pretty lucky, to come out ahead w/the slots, too! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your co-worker comes back to work soon, so your long hours will be lightened a bit. Re: my projects, I guess they all just came together at the same time; March should be much better! And the extra $ from the contract work will come in handy, since my regular paycheck is cut in half this year.
Re: the green beans, I'll post that on the recipes board! (It's from the card they give out in Week 3; guess I didn't notice that one back when I first got it. Or do they change those recipes, I wonder?)

Have a relaxing day!
Jan
Old 02-03-2002, 07:30 PM   #15  
Inchworm

Default 10 weeks!!

Now that is a challenge! I should be able to lose a good amount of weight by then!

Jan,The green bean recipe sounds good. It has inspired me to serve green beans for the church dinner I am helping with next Sunday night, I couldn't decide.
CONGRATS to your dh again!!

We had a *FAB*ulous time at our retreat! Many good times with good friends, a great speaker, and beautiful facilities!

I'm going back to water aerobics tomorrow, gonna give it another try. I *WILL* succeed!
IRS!!!
Closed Thread