Old 12-15-2007, 10:15 PM   #16  
Member Florida Chick

Glenda: I am so glad you got the right combination. Now just don't lose it. I am sorry to hear that there are still so many without power. It must really be dreadful, since it is cold too. Are there any shelters open where people can go? We do have those here when hurricanes cut out so much power.

Maria: Did you swelter at your game?

Peggy: the Kitchen band is fun and it really doesn't require much musical talent, just be able to clang and bang in rhythm to the piano accompaniment. and maybe sing a little. Of course the kazoos have to be able to sing.

Went tonight to hear a chorus in a nearby park, and it made me so jealous as they have such a wonderful accompanist. And now we don't have anyone, except me and then C.D.s that the group sing to. it is hard to sing to C.D.s as they are not forgiving, like an accompanist is.

Suz: Let me know if the acupuncture worked at all for your husband. I have a friend that is bothered with tinnitus also and she can't seem to find any relief. It must be very difficult to live with the constant ringing.

Tomorrow we are invited to a Ja-merican brunch. Some of our sunday School members are from Jamaica, hence the name of the brunch. It should be fun and interesting since we will probably have some Jamaican food.

Looks like bedtime to me.
Hi everyone. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:38 PM   #17  

Brrr-it is cold but at least we have electricity. We worked the senior breakfast yesterday and were amazed at all the seniors that showed up in the midst of a big snowstorm[for here]. It was icy when they left but they all made it. We had tons of food and we bagged up the donuts and they scarfed them up as they left. We laugh because we have been doing this for years and years and should be on the other side instead of working it. I was good and didn't bring any baked goods home.
Only 4 days of school left this week till the new year. Hard to believe that another year has gone by.
Ann what would they do without you to play the piano? I could be in the kitchen band-that is about my musical talent. How was the brunch?
Maria I am not sure what an eksy is but I sort of imagine it being some kind of a soft or hard cooler.
Glenda glad you found your password. I hope the electric is connected again for all those people. You all sure have had some nasty weather this year.
Suz how did your last bake sale go?
Have to go figure out if I have all my presents bought.
painter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:43 PM   #18  

G'day all,

Yes we did swelter at the cricket game Ann, a storm was forecast during the evening with an inch of rain. It started to spit around 9 and the wind was coming up so we decided to get home as soon as we could but guess what they were the only spits of rain we got Not usre whatever happened to the inch we were supposed to have gotten, we are still waiting

Peggy an esky is a cooler bag, box or whatever (some more info on the esky here http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...732131269.html )

Pleased you found your password etc. Glenda but sorry to hear the weather is still playing havoc with your state.

I will be emailing the Cincinnati instalment of my book sometime today and then it is Williamsburg. I am slowly working my way through my book, the blog has been a great guide.

Have a great day all,

Cheers
Maria

PS stayed the same weight wise this week.
flaggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:55 AM   #19  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ladies
We got our first real blast of snow this weekend it started Sat night and did not stop until late sun night I think we got about 10 inches of snow

Glenda Hope your weather is better now and the power is back on We got the same storm just a little later than you

Peggy Both of the bake sales went well the first made a little over $200 for the church and the 2nd one made about $175 for community care

My DH and I are getting ready today to leave for Michigan early tomorrow morning to spend a week with family Our 4th great grand child will probably be born thursday, they are going to induce her that should be exciting

so I will be gone from the 18th until the 26th will fill you all in when I get back

Merry Christmas to you all Suz
suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:25 PM   #20  
Member Florida Chick

Hi all:

Just a quick description of our Ja-merican brunch. It was amazing. I have never been to a brunch in a private home where so MUCH food was served. Let me tell you what I remember. Started off with cold shrimp, cheese and grapes on toothpicks, toss salad, punch and ice tea, Jamaican biscuits and fish cakes, two kinds of gravy for the biscuits, American biscuits, Jerk pork, all kinds of chicken- wings, legs, and all other parts, plus 'fingers' and some sorts of Jamaican tidbits. there was hash browns, bacon, ham sausage, a big fruit bowl, meat balls, a Jamaican dish made of greens and codfish, another one made with Akee and fish, Corn bread and then Island fruit cake, a white Christmas cake, and a lemon mirangue pie, and coffee. I'm sure I have forgotten something, and then Rowena had take home dishes for each of us to take food home. I believe that she had food enough for about 75 and we were only about 25. What a spread!!

Suz. We'll be happy to hear about the arrival of the new grandbaby. I hope you will have good weather for safe travel.

Peggy: Hope you have all your shopping done. I stood in line at the Post Office this a.m. about 1/2 hr.to mail a package. and this line was mild compared to what it was when I stopped by the first time.

I haven't been to official weigh-in for a while, with all that is going on, but according to my scale, I am down another lb. I suppose the Brunch made it go back up, but I went out and walked this a.m. and the temp was about 39deg. A little chilly for us. Buy that ought to count for something.

Today I baked two batches of W.W. cookies They are quite good. Angel Macaroons, and Spice drops. 1 point per cookie. I'm taking them to our cookie exchange on Wed. 4 of us are W.W. members so thought these cookies would be a good choice.

No test results yet. I will let you all know what happens when we find out.

Have a good week, and don't let this wonderful Christmas season stress you out. That is not what it is all about.

Ann
Old 12-17-2007, 03:53 PM   #21  
suz
suz

Ann
I forgot to mention that my DH takes a herbal remedy for the tinnitus called "lipo-flavonoid" that we can only get in the USA and the only place we have found it is a Rite-Aid drug stores , Walmart is supposed to also carry it It seems to help but changes in the weather, stress, and wind all kick up the ringing I think a lot also has to do with with attitude and when all you hear from doctors is " learn to live with it there is nothing that will help or cure it"

Take care Suz
Old 12-18-2007, 12:15 PM   #22  
Fun Blonde

It does no good to reply to the thread because it doesn't show up. What is wrong?

I just posted a long reply to everybody and that one went away. I don't know what is happening here anymore.

Anyway, Slavika, Peggy, Suze, Ann, and Maria, you have all be talked to. It just went into cyberspace.

We are fine. Most Oklahomans have electricity again. And yes, we had lots of shelters. Now just have one, the Cox Center in OKC. Federal government is supplying everything.

I am aggravated. I hate to type and put my words out there and out there is not YOU.

Last edited by survivor; 12-18-2007 at 12:18 PM.
survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:19 PM   #23  
Net browser

Hi Everybody, it's been so long since I was here I thought I better come around before 3FC takes me off their list. I didn't read any of your posts but I will do that after I finish my post. It's been really very cold and just takes the fun out of going outside. My poor little dog is now doing her business "anywhere" outside that she can find that isn't covered with a foot of snow. I guess I wouldn't want to be putting my delicate little bottom in a snow bank either. I went to my GD CHRISTMAS concert and because the kids go to a Christian private school it was a true CHRISTMAS concert like we used to have years ago. It was really nice to hear all the kids sing Christmas songs again. My shopping is pretty much finished and my house decorated and I even baked a couple of batches of shortbread cookies, so I think I am in pretty good shape. I will have all my family here Christmas Eve and then I will go to Son's/DIL for Christmas day. I leave on January 7th for Maui and will be home on January 27th then I leave on Feb. 1st for South Padre Island until March 3rd. It will be nice to leave this cold weather behind for awhile. GLORIA.....RATS, today all the emails I sent out to you gals yesterday, your's were bounced back to me today. I don't understand, everything goes along very nicely and then the mail is returned just when I was thinking we had this problem licked. I have presents to wrap so I will say good night for now.
slavika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #24  
Fun Blonde

I have to log in each and every time, but at least I can get here.

Just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Slavika, maybe a private school would be worth the money just because of Christmas. It would be fun to hear the old carols from school children again. And so glad you can escape the winter weather with Maui and South Padre. Still wish you could just drop down to see us during your trip.

How are all you doing in the weight department? I am still hanging in there, but just eating a little bit too many points. And I have to be good to just maintain. So, we shall see. I am not going to eat any chocolate. That is my one resolution.

We are off all next week so after Christmas it will be like Leon and I are retired but still with a dab of money. We will eat out and go to the show and walk around the malls. And stay in pajamas if I so desire, maybe all day. This next week is the reason I work. I look forward to it so much.

You all have a wonderful Christmas and a glorious New Year!
survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:03 PM   #25  
Member Florida Chick

I guess everyone must be having a wonderful Christmas/NewYears vacation time, busy with all sorts of stuff.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that the New Year will bring only good things for us all. Ann
Old 12-28-2007, 07:11 AM   #26  
suz
suz

Morning Ladies
Well the newest great grand child did not arrive in fact she is going in today to be induced will let you all know how everything goes after we find out

I hope you all had a great xmas and the new year will be great for us all

Well the holiday eating was great but I am up 4 lbs and i started a 30 day cleanse yesterday and i am being very careful of what I am eating i find when we go to the daughters they do not eat a balanced diet (never any fruit in there house and they tend to eat out way to much We were there for 8 days and they ate out 5 of those days My DH and I usually eat out about 3 or 4 times a month

Take care Suz
Old 12-28-2007, 05:33 PM   #27  
Super Surfer

Talking Hi everyone... Happy New Year!

A special Hi to you Suz, I am a fellow Canadian. I do post on this board, but haven't been here for a month. We live in Winnipeg, and yes, it has been cold. Today is quite mild and snowy.. that always happens. I would rather have it colder and drier, but that is me. Everything aches when it is damp. We have 1 daughter, a granddaughter (5 on Jan 6) and a grandson (2). I have been married 42 1/2 years... YIKES!
Lots of grandbabies have arrived since I last was here. Congratulations Karen, Glenda and Suz
Glenda, when you use the group e-mail addresses, I am being left out. I didn't know you had a new grandson, please send me the picture too. I guess if I had checked in here more often I would have known that.

I have been experiencing a lot of nasty headaches and it was hard to focus on the computer and read. I do believe the headaches are caused by the weather, every time it got milder and damper, my headaches became worse.

We had a lovely Christmas. Christmas Eve was at our home, and we had such a good time. My DD and family came early in the day, well before my brother and his family, so we had lots of special time. We gave Emma a digital camera, and she loved it so much. She has been taking pictures non-stop, filled up her card and doesn't want her Dad to erase any pictures. Matthew got a little computer which fit his age. There were a few more toys, but those were the 2 bigger ones. Our daughter and family gave us a Digital Photo Frame. We were so happy, it was such a surprise.
Christmas Day was quiet. DD & family dropped by for an hour and then went on to the in-laws. We went to my brother's place and the 4 of us had a nice time. Their daughter was at her boy-friends place. Times sure do change.

I got back to the gym yesterday. Was that ever hard. It is amazing how 1 week can make such a difference. Today I had more energy so I did a bit better. I don't think I will be getting back there until Jan 2, which is my birthday.

Slavika your trip is coming ever closer. Are you packing already? I am sure your tree is down, we are taking ours down tomorrow.

I want to wish all of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR, all the best for 2008.

Last edited by Trudy; 12-28-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Trudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:35 PM   #28  
Web Nana

Good afternoon. It is almost the end of the year and I thought it is
about time I made an appearance here.
We have been busy with the holidays and that has been fun. Went to
DD#2's for Christmas...actually we also went there for Christmas Eve as
well! Christmas Eve is Sean's birthday...16 this year WOW! It has
become a tradition for us to visit after the 4PM Mass and wish him a
Happy Birthday and help him blow out his birthday candles. With the
size he has become he really doesn't need help any more. Then on
Christmas afternoon we visited DD#'1 who was going to her in-laws
after and then on to DD#2's again. DD#'3 join us with her husband and three
kids. It was great to see everyone together and the kids were just
delightful. The youngest of Carrie's 3 has started piano lessons and
I thing they will have a fine little music group when they are through.
Kevin plays the guitar and Ryan plays the clarinet and now Steppie on
the piano. Chris's older two were just so funny as they were like
little parents with the younger kids. As I told Chris the food was
delicious, the company sparkling and the fun non stop.
It has been snowy here for the month of December and we are to get more
before the new year. Love the fact that we have someone come to plow
us out but it does get expensve. $65 for a 8-10" storm and $45 for
a 4-8" storm.
Jack's arthritis in not getting any better and when we have 'black ice'
he does not go out...slippery conditions are not good when you are
limping. We still have a full schedule of doctor appointments in
January...hope the weather cooperates.

Maria: Great that your diet is paying off. I am sure that the
bicycling has been a help too. I envy you your summer season!

Sally: You will be leaving us for warmer climes very soon and I hope
you can really enjoy Hawaii and Texas. I am sure you will miss
Patches. Sally, I don't know what is happening with your emails.
I know that my isp tells me that there is no blocking of your emails
from this end. If you can send a returned email directly to my isp
maybe that can help. Let me know if you don't have their address.

Glenda: If you have to log on each time it could be that your
computer's cookies are not functioning correctly. Just a guess on my
part. Hope you and Leon have enjoyed your mini retirement! Funny thing just happened...as I tried to send this post I had to sign in again. Hope this does not keep occuring! I 'll let you know.

Trudy: You sound like you had a lovely Christmas with your family.
A digital camera is a great Christmas gift. Jack keeps saying he is
going to get me one but I just don't know what kind I want. Maybe
after the first of the year.

Peggy: Seniors showing up for free food...not a surprising thing.
Every time there is something like that here the seniors come out of
the woodwork. The Electric Co. does a free buffet in the fall and our
church does a senior luncheon in the winter and both are very well
attended.

Suz: I can't remember if I had welcomed you here but WELCOME! It is
always nice to see another 'face'. Wow! another member in the great-
grandchildren catagory! Although we have a 23 yr old gs I am willing
to wait for the great-grands for a while as he is not ready to
settle down...you have to get a job first in my opinion! We are
retired in MA and have 4 kids and 9 grands. Enjoying retirement but
not to sure about this getting old bit.

Well, I want to wish all of you a Very Happy and Healthy New Year!
See you next year!
nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:43 PM   #29  

Dropping by to wish you all a Happy New Year. My motto is to "lose weight in 2008". Been really bad with the sweets this season. It sounds like you all had a nice Christmas. We did - hard to believe that it is all over. I did get my shopping finished at the last minute. I have been busy with everything and this is the first day of vacation that I didn't have to do or go anywhere. It is so nice.
Maria how did the girls do when they met for the first time?
Be back later,
painter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:36 PM   #30  
Member Florida Chick

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

We will be having supper with friends and then play dominoes later. and of course we'll be home before the crystal ball drops. Might even be in bed. How is that for an exciting New Year's Eve?

Gloria: You'll just have to come to Florida. No black ice here. :

Peggy: I like your motto - Lose weight in 2008. I think I shall adopt it also, if you don't mind.

Suz: Too many sweets for me too. I managed to gain 2 1/2 lbs and now it is back to being serious.

Maria: Will be interested to hear how all your granddaughters got along with their first meeting. I'm sure that you have wonderful pictures.

I christened my new washer and dryer. (Christmas present and Anniversary).. It is wonderful. The tub is so big that I can do what would have been two loads in the old one. and I guess we got rid of them just in time. I had been smelling a bad odor everytime I did laundry. And I tried to clean and disinfect the machine all to no avail. DH blamed the smell on the poor cat! then a friend told us, the bad odor is a sign that the motor is going. And sure enough, when they moved the old one out there was grease on the floor under it.

I'll think of you all as we watch the Rosebowl parade. It is my favorite, of all the big holiday parades.

Once again. Happy New Year. Ann