Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:31 AM   #61  

Cathy, how awful about the house! I hope someone comes forward and admits to doing it.

Tina, yesterday was a mixed day. I seemed to be pretty up for a while, and then i took a nosedive, and then I was up again. I really don't care for roller coasters!!

Yum! Chinese!! And hamburgers too! That's what we had for supper last night.

Not sure what all today will bring. Church later this morning for sure. I also want to go through some more things to take to Goodwill and the consignment shop. When I was going through Tim's clothes to take warmer clothes to school for him, there were so many things that I know he can't wear. I think I'll clean out some things before he comes home this week. He'll never miss some of the stuff I'm sure!
Old 11-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #62  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Tammy, that's good that you can get rid of Tim's stuff. I know David has a ton of stuff in his closet, at his apartment--because I've seen it. Once I mentioned him bringing some things over and I'd donate them. They are too small or worn. Maybe I'll ask again.
Cathy, any word on your house mangler?
Susan, are you having fun?
Maureen, how are you doing?
Dori, I'd like you to post. You can lose the weight. We are here for everyone.
We had more Chinese food after church today. Today we went to a buffet. I stayed away from all the fried things. Boy, I was good. Now I'm thirsty.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #63  

Well, I ended up not working in Tim's room. It was a down in the dumps day, so I just kind of sat and laid around. I hope today is better. I am going to go take a shower and go away for a while. I still haven't made it to the new Christian book store about 25 minutes from here. I think it's time. I also need to finish buying what I'm taking for Thanksgiving dinners.

Tina, I hope David will bring you things to donate. It will give him so much more room! I keep telling Tim that and I think it is finally sinking in. lol

Wed. we are going to my brother's house about 6:30. My nephew doesn't have to work, so he and Tim will be able to spend time together for the first time since last spring. My other brother won't be there because they'll be headed to Cleveland to his MIL. That brother and wife will have a dinner on Sunday at their house for those of us who can make it. If we go, Bob can't go because they have cats. I don't know what an allergic reaction would do to him at this point since he is so weak. We've been there before for things, but we usually have to leave after about 30 minutes.

It's too bad that we can't all get together at the same time. I tried to get something organized the beginning of November, but they are just getting back to me on things. I won't even bother for Christmas.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:36 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5ft 6in

Hi all,
No word on the house, I called some contractors today...think I am going to try to mend it myself???? One contractor told me how to put a new corner unit on it, I will ask a local handy man if he thinks it can be done?
Havn't done as good this week as last with walking etc, but will get back at it.
Well all for now,
Stay with it, even if it is in little bits, going for a glass of water,
Love Cathy
Old 11-19-2007, 10:18 PM   #65  
Thursday Lady

Evening,
Tammy, I'm sorry you were down yesterday. I hope that today you went to that bookstore.

Well, I've been bra shopping. Mainly, I've been trying to find one. It used to be easier. I do not like the underwire ones. I've always been told they were not safe. Anyway, they don't feel good on me. That's mainly what everyone sells. I did come home with a bra that cost $32.00. Wow! I've never spent that much. But, I found something that fit. Does anyone else have this trouble?

Cathy, I'm so sorry you have to mess with all that.

Dori, how are you doing?????
Maureen, I miss you.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:13 PM   #66  
Susan

Hi,
Back from San Antonio. It was a fast trip. I enjoyed myself but it is hard seeing my folks getting older and having difficulty getting around. We talked (with my siblings) and decided that next year we should have dinner at someone elses house so mom and dad don't feel the need to try to do everything.

I have to work today and tomorrow. All other districts are out. Lucky us!!!

Cathy, that is horrible about your house. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Tina, I hate underwire too!!! It's hard to find bras without them these days. I don't like shopping for them either. Wow on your hot water heater!!! No fun!

Tammy, I'm sorry that you had a tough day yesterday. Wish we were closer so we could come cheer you up.

Better head to bed... it's a school night! Boo!
Old 11-20-2007, 04:53 PM   #67  
Thursday Lady

How is everyone doing?
I've made the fresh cranberry sauce and baked the cornbread for the dressing. I have a small Butterball breast ready to cook in the morning. Later I think I'll make my low fat pumpkin pie. Boy, I'm making myself hungry!

Susan, welcome back home. I know you had a good time.
Boo to having to work.
Tammy, how are you feeling today?
Dori, where are you?
Maureen, I wish you were here to share our Thanksgiving dinner.
Cathy, you, too.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:40 AM   #68  

Cathy, I hope all ends up ok with your house. I like what you said about staying with it even with little bits. I need to keep that in mind.

Tina, on Monday I went to a store that I had a 40% coupon for. It's called Avenue. I had never heard of it, and after being there, I will go back! It's larger sizes, and I was very impressed. I bought a maroon corduroy blazer, a pink sweater, and a blue sweater. Everything was on sale, so that made it better. After I left there, I went to the Christian bookstore. Nice place!!! My back was hurting, so I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked, but I know that I'll go back there also.

Yesterday I went to a Christian bookstore close to where my chiropractor is. My pastor was there, so it was an enjoyable time. He is so funny! He had the employees in stitches!

I'm feeling better. I know that restarting the medicine really hasn't kicked in yet, but I think making the decision to restart it has taken off some pressure. Also, Tim came home yesterday afternoon, and he'll be home until Sunday.

Susan, glad to have you back! Isn't that the pits when you have to work and others are out? That used to bug me.

Bras. Yuck! I have problems finding one that I like. I don't like the underwire either. I heard about Curvation bras by Queen Latifah. I bought one, and I'll be giving it a try. No underwire!!

Tina, you were busy getting things done for your Thanksgiving. I made the broc/caul salad last night to take to my brother's house tonight. Today I'll make a gazillion deviled eggs for tonight and tomorrow. Also have to make green bean casserole for tonight, then tomorrow morning I'll make it again to take to my aunt's house.

My laptop came on Monday! Tim hooked up the wireless router last night so he was in his bedroom "chatting" with Lauren. I was on the desktop, and I went on there and started chatting with him from the back of the house. He thinks I'm weird. Imagine that!!! He had hooked up AIM for me so we could chat when he's at school. I guess he'll have to put that on my laptop now so I can chat when we're in GA.

Ball State's football team is bowl eligible. If they win on Saturday, it's probably a sure thing that they'll be going to a bowl game over their Christmas break. One of the bowls mentioned was the Armed Forces Bowl in Texas! I told Tim that I have friends in Texas, so I think I should just hop a bus with the band and go. He rolled his eyes at me.

Bob and I are meeting with our insurance guy today about life insurance. Several years ago we switched companies, and I went with a term life policy. The 5 years are up in January, so I need to make a decision about what to do next. At that time, i was told that I couldn't get a permanent life policy because of my weight. Looking back, I should have checked with other companies, but this was who our home and car plans are with. Anyway, I am now down 40+ pounds, but I am still not where their company wants me to be weight-wise. So frustrating! We've been with State Farm since before we got married, so that's 26+ years. Doesn't that count for something? I checked AARP, and they have a policy that I plan to do if State Farm won't work with us today.

Kramer is back in bed, and the guys are still in bed, so I think I'll grab the afghan and take a nap on the couch.

By the way, my chiropractor asked me yesterday what was going on in my life. She said that I hadn't been that tense since Bob was in the hospital. I guess it's not all in my mind.

Have a great day, and Have a Happy Thanksgiving if I don't get back on here!!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:09 AM   #69  

Morning to all,
How is everyone doing? I weigh in today, didn't do as well this week as I did last week....next week, ya
Well I will ck in later have a great day,
Love Cathy
Old 11-21-2007, 10:04 PM   #70  
Thursday Lady

Everyone have a wonderful day tomorrow!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:41 PM   #71  
Susan

Ditto!!!
Old 11-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #72  

Well I lost 1/2 lb... better than gaining a pound, will do better this week.
Have a water glass of happiness and stay with it, oh yes, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you that have a turkey on the table today.
Love Cathy
Old 11-22-2007, 11:28 PM   #73  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
I hope everyone had a good day.
Our time at my sister's was nice. My mother had no idea we were celebrating Thanksgiving. She didn't eat much of her dinner but woofed down her pumpkin pie in record time.

I had hot tea and yogurt for supper. I made Larry a grilled cheese sandwich.
It's in the 50's tonight. I don't know how long this will last. This is cold enough for me.
It's good hot chocolate weather, though.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #74  
Thursday Lady

Everyone is so quiet. I guess some of us had too much turkey.
Tammy, what is AIM? Is it like ICQ? I'm so glad your laptop came. I'm sure you and Tim are having fun.

It has rained since last night. The streets were full this morning. It's supposed to do the same tonight. We might have to go to church in the truck tomorrow morning.
Everyone enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:47 PM   #75  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Hello ladies. It's been hectic around here. I've been off for a week and was hoping to get loads of housework done, but didn't get hardly anything done. I'm still not back OP, but realize that I need to get back on. I told Justin (DH) that I would start back Jan 1. However, why wait until then? We went grocery shopping today and I picked up a lot of things that are point friendly. So I'm thinking that tomorrow will be the day. I'm not sure though, because how many times before have I said that tomorrow will be the day and not start. Perhaps I shouldn't say when I'll start and just do it. Just a couple of nights ago I was down and Justin asked what was wrong. I told him I was tired of being fat and he said, "Dori, I can't do anything, you are the one that has to decide to do something about it and do it." He's exactly right. He will be there to support me though. Something really has to give. If I continue to keep my same eating habits and not do anything about it, my health will suffer in the long run. I want to be healthy and in shape not only for me, but for my kids as well. Sorry for the ramble, just wanted to let you all know what's going on with me. With all of this said. Let my journey begin.
Closed Thread