Old 12-14-2007, 10:19 AM   #31  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hey Jen - good to hear from you, I was beginning to feel lonely in here. You're right - enough said - we've all been through that! Glad to hear your sister is taking the treatments well - I will definitely keep her in my prayers.

I agree, we shouldn't have to work before Christmas, lol. I shouldn't complain, next week is our last work week until January 3rd and I took January 3-5 off, so I'll actually have 2 weeks off for the holidays. I think that's why I stayed here all these years, the vacation and time off is great, lol.

I finished shopping on the 10th, but I still have my tree to put up. Remember I said we had 2 tv's in the living room which were in the way? Well, Willie, Darren and Sal attempted (key word here is ATTEMPTED) to bring one up to our bedroom, and in doing so, made a hole in the wall next to the stairs! And they still couldn't get the tv up. So now I have a hole in wall and the tv (which is actually a piece of furniture) is now in the dining room oy vey! Next it will be in the kitchen! The one good thing is I can at least put the tree up and that's what this weekend will be devoted to, decorating.

I'm doing okay ww-wise. I lost the ounces I gained after Thanksgiving, so that's good. I've been going to the gym 3-4 times per week and am doing 3-4miles on the treadmill. I'd like to start running on the treadmill, but for some reason I'm not comfortable doing that - I think I look funny, lol. Tonight I have an eating challenge because we girls at the job are having our annual dinner out and tomorrow's weigh-in. You know me, I'm not going to deprive myself, so I'll just face the music tomorrow and get right back on track.

How is everyone else? Miss you guys

Talk to you's soon,
Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 12-14-2007 at 10:24 AM.
dpadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:35 AM   #32  

Good morning:

Good news - with all that I eat last night and 2 glasses of wine, I stayed the same at weigh in today! I was expecting a gain for sure.

Have a great day, everyone,

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 12-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #33  

Jen,
I finally found out where we were. Es sent me info (Thanks Es). I got a new laptop today and now there is no excuse.
I have to read more posts but I had to stop when I read about your MIL. I am so sorry. How are you all doing?
How is your sister doing? That makes me so mad. Why the good ones? Please keep me posted. Es also sent me your e-mail but I lost that e-mail too. Mine to you kept coming back. I am so sorry.

Sandy,
I also read about yours and Mike's parents. They are also in my prayers.

Love you guys.
Back to more reading.
Terri
points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:14 PM   #34  

Hi,
I just finished reading.
Congrats on your losses and Happy Birthday Dianne. I am so glad you have a great attitude and a wonderful family. Sorry about the hole. I'll bet your tree looks beautiful. We put our tree (and the prelit are beautiful) up 2 days after Thanksgiving. We have had ours for 3 years. Since we go to Ohio every year I love to enjoy it as long as we can.

Susan,
Congrats on your losses too. That is wonderful. I have been maintaining. I hope to keep doing that and lose the rest after we get back. Always the hope.

Zoe,
Your grandaughter is adorable. Bet you had a blast at Halloween.

Sandy,
A supportive family is so important. I am so glad you have that.

We had our Christmas today. Bruce and the kids got me a digital frame and a laptop. Britts got me a spice rack. A really nice one. I also got Harry Potter Scene it. I love those books and movies. Read 1-5 gain. I better win this game.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Terri
Glad I found y'all.
Terri
Old 12-19-2007, 10:27 PM   #35  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Glad you're back. I missed you, but I hadn't realized that it was that long since you had posted. Your Christmas presents were great. Bruce always has a way of making you feel special. I love reading about what he does for you. Hope you have a great visit with your family.

Dianne,
Your tree (story? fiasco?) sounds like real life. That's what memories are made of! Glad it got settled. The job you have is so great when it comes to time off! Hope you enjoy the winter vacation.

Joe is out of town....again He'll be home Friday morning. Regardless of how often he has to go, I never get used to it.

Hope you're all well stop by and say HI!!!!
luv,
Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 12-19-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Jenny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:00 AM   #36  

Hi Jen. Glad to be back. Where did Joe go? I hate when Bruce goes away on business. How is your sister doing?
I think we have two great guys. I hope all my kids are as lucky as we were.
Even if we slip over the holidays I hope we all stay in touch and then start the New Year with a vengeance.
Hi Es, Dianne,Sandy, Susan and Zoe. Is Ruth still with us?
Terri
Old 12-23-2007, 06:30 AM   #37  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Joe travels the 3rd week of each month to western Illinois. It's a 3 to 4 hour drive, so just long enough that he's got to stay from Tuesday till Friday rather than commute.

Dianne,
Good going on the maintain!

Is everyone ready for Christmas? I've got 5 days off and have been in a cleaning frenzy Emptied the china cabinet, washed/polished everything, it's sparkling and I love it that way. I've got my Mother's crystal; each time I do this chore I'm reminded of her and how she passed on the job to me when I was about 14. She was a clever woman!

Will be back later,
Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 12-23-2007 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #38  

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to stop in to wish our whole group a very
Merry Christmas!

and it is so good to see you back Terri.

We are off tonight for a choir party, lots of snacks and caroling. It should be fun. I am finally done with the shopping, decorating, and almost done with the baking too.

Love and peace to all of you my friends and your families too.

Sandy
Sandancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #39  

Hi everyone -

Looking for a group to hang with - do you have room for one more?? I just love this board and have met many nice people here.

I am 46, married with a 6 yr old. Originally from the midwest and spent the last 7 yrs in the northeast and now currently in the southwest.

I have had a few stressful months but did return to WW and meetings right after Thankgiving. In the beginning of August, I moved cross country with a 6 yr old to help care for my Mom who had brain cancer. My sister and I took 24 hr care of her until the last few weeks when she went into full time hospice care. She died last month so we are trying to get our bearings. Luckily I got my daughter enrolled in kindergarten almost right away so she has had so diversion of it all.

But after Thanksgiving, I found a meeting and I LOVE my leader. For me that has been huge to my success - now and in the past. I just decided after all the stress, it was time to do this - no matter what time of year etc. For me there is ALWAYS an excuse why I shouldn't get started..tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow..so I just made it today

Look forward to traveling this very successful, very do-able journey with you all!
Patty575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #40  
10 year 3FC member

S/C/G: 195/157/145

Height: 5'3"

Hi I would like to get started once again on WW. Here's my short story. I'm married almost 30 years, will be 53 in January and have 2 sons 21 and 24. I have been a member of 3FC since August 1999. Where has the time gone! I lived in Seattle and was a regular meeting -goer doing points, tried core then back to flex. I moved to Israel 2 1/2 years ago and been able to maintain my current weight loss- never made it to goal. I started riding a bike with DH and just today went with some women biking for 2 hours. They are a good influence- they bike 2X weekly and go to a spin class. The weather here is very mild in winter and hot in summer, so it's a good excerise to get into since it can be done all year round. Okay TODAY I decided to find a WW group to join. I'm not an online WW person I need the physical meeting. TODAY I found out there are NO meetings in my area in english only hebrew. My language is not at a level to go to an all hebrew speaking meeting. So I'm here again for all the support that I have gotten over the years. Look forward to reading and posting.

Last edited by Claudia; 12-24-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 07:23 PM   #41  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Merry Christmas to all,
and to all a good night......

Have a wonderful Christmas!

~Jen
Old 12-25-2007, 09:00 AM   #42  

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIENDS - GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.We had Christmas Eve here as usual and we had a great time.  Today is the first time Willie and I are totally alone for Christmas morning.  We usually just relax on Christmas, our big night was last night.Hope you all have a great day with your families.

Patty & Claudia -   Good to have you here with us.  Claudia, I think you are our first International member.  This is a great group of women, very supportive.  Most of us have "known" each other at least 7 or 8 years and have come to be friends.  Good going on getting back to ww Patty and Claudia, great job on the biking.  I'm Dianne, by the way, just turned 55 this month.  My husband and I have 7 kids, between us (yours, mine and ours) and 15 grandchildren (no, they weren't all here last night).  Hope to get to know you better.

Hugs everyone,

Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 12-25-2007 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:40 PM   #43  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hello my friends! It's been awhilel since I've been here. Missed you all. I'm rejoining WW this coming Saturday. Here I go again. Hope you had a Merry Christstmas. We always celebrate on Christmas Eve. It was just the three of us but we had great time. I have alot of catching up to do. Welcome Claudia & Patty.

Be back soon

Luv u's,
Es
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attach.jpg (30.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Rios426; 12-26-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Rios426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:23 AM   #44  

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Claudia and Patty . This is a great group!!!
Hi Es. It was great hearing from you. Glad you had a nice Christmas.
Dianne,
The alone time is nice too. We aways had huge Cristmas Eve growing up.
Big Italian, meatless ones. Now we meet at the Bella Via restaurant every Christmas Eve. We had a wonderful Christmas Day.
Hi Jen, Susan ans Zoe.
We are still in Ohio. We are getting wireless at my in-laws.
I walked 1.5 miles with Brittany and Tanner on Christmas Day and 2 miles today. I am going to try every day.
TTYL,
Terri

Last edited by points; 12-27-2007 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:08 PM   #45  

Hi my Friends!

Welcome Patty and Claudia! We are a friendly group, and have shared both our successes and our struggles. I refer to sharing both our WW and life situations over the years. This is a good place to share. Everyone is warm and thoughtful with a good sense of humor and perspective too.
Patty, I also just wanted to say, I am so sorry for the loss of your mom.

I am Sandy, 55 on December 10th, married to Mike for 31 years and I have 2 sons, Dave who is 26 and Greg who is soon to be 21. Both of them are single, and both seem to be very interested in performing and writing for a living. We shall see!

We had a great Christmas with Mike's family. He is one of seven and everyone was there, counting all of the nieces and nephews there are 22 of us. Christmas afternoon most everyone was playing a game called Rock Band in the living room. It is like Guitar Hero, but with drums and Karaoke too. Later my niece Kristin, who is 13, was playing all the old Christmas carols on the piano and taking requests. All in all, a very nice day.

We will be visiting my mom this afternoon. She is starting to sound as if the side effects of her radiation treatments are decreasing, she spent Christmas at my brother's and might even feel up to letting us take her out for dinner tonight.

Hi Es!
It is so good to see you back too! It looks like we are all ready to start 2008 together ready to support each other in our WW efforts. I haven't even thought about rejoining yet, but I am walking a lot on my treadmill, and so I am at least maintaining despite all the goodies.

Hi Jen, Diane, Terri, Zoe!

TTYL

Sandy
Sandancy is offline   Reply With Quote