Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:28 AM   #16  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Tammy, I'm so glad Bob got something to help him. I wonder why he is iching so??? It sounds like everything is going along at a good pace, except for him not gaining enough.
You, my friend, are doing such a fantastic job caring for him. It's so good that you retired just at the right time, isn't it!

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to weigh-in. I feel water retention today and I don't know why. Yesterday afternoon I was sooooo tired. After I went to bed, it dawned on me that I never had any diet colas! I was just so busy that I never stopped. Now, that's not like Tina.

Have a good one, everyone!

Last edited by Tina; 10-11-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:39 PM   #17  
Thursday Lady

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Old 10-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #18  

Tina, it is a good thing that I am retired. We've talked about that more than once. I can't imagine how I would have managed this physically and mentally if I would still be working. It sounds like the itching could be caused by the problems with the liver, but we're not sure.

We are going to Muncie next Friday for the weekend. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express. There is a pool and a whirlpool. Tim has to work, but when he isn't working, he can come over to the hotel and visit, swim, hang out. Bob said he'd like to go to Red Lobster, so I thought we could go during lunch one day while we are there. He and I could split a meal because I know he won't be eating much. All three of us are looking forward to it. Kramer will be at the doggy hotel again.

Where is everyone????
Old 10-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #19  
Susan

Hi Friends,

What a week!!! Sinus Infection came back, taught my sign language class, homecoming parade, took Friday off and spent the day with Pat at the State Fair, then went to see his band play at one of the colleges for their peprallys. I've done chores so today... nothing!!!!

Tammy, I'm glad that you are retired too! I think it has done so much for you!!!! Maybe I need too as well?

Tina, how was your weekend?

I go for my yearly physical on the 23rd. I have lots to ask her. I sure hope my weight is down. I want to see if there is anyway to cut back on any of my meds.

I'll let you know on Thursday how I'm doing weight wise. I'm down 7 pounds but with TOM I have just been staying the same. I'm hoping to see a loss this week.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:08 PM   #20  
Thursday Lady

Where is everyone--is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope everyone is well today. Larry and I just returned from a little vacation.
Had a good time. We both needed to get away! I've been so stressed with my mother and he with his stupid boss at work.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:03 PM   #21  

Susan, hope you are recovering from the sinus infection. I think we all need to be retired so we could visit and travel together!!!!

Tina, glad you were able to get away. I know we are looking forward to this weekend. Tim called earlier and said he thinks that everyone except those who are working are going home for the weekend since there are no classes on Friday. He's glad we're coming over.

We had our carpets cleaned today. There were a couple spots that I really didn't think would come out, but they did! Once was where the door to the porch opens into the computer room. The rubber stuff on the bottom of the door had made a mess. We had cut off part of it, so hopefully the carpet will stay clean.

Kramer has a record now. Last night Bob was out in the garage with the door open. I had opened the door from the laundry room to say something to him, and apparently I didn't get it closed. Bob was busy and didn't notice Kramer take off. It was quite a while later that we noticed he was missing. He's usually in his little bed under a blanket, so we thought that's where he was. We started looking for him about 9:45. Black dog at night isn't easy to find. About 10:15, I finally called the police. Remember we live in a very small town. I got a recording there, and I had to call the county dispatch number. I told them what was going on, and the guy said, "I think they have him!!" He radioed the policeman here in town, and he said he'd bring him home. I was in tears. About 10:30, the police car pulls in the drive with Kramer in the back seat. Bob was still out walking and looking for him. Something he didn't need to be doing. AFter I took Kramer, the officer then went looking for Bob. Alls well that ends well or something like that. My cousin wanted to know if Kramer had to get mugshots done. my cousin is as weird as I am!!!!

I took Kramer to the doggy hotel then this morning since we were having the carpets cleaned, and he'll be there all weekend. When I told the owner about last night, he said I should have called him and he would have come to help. I guess he and some of his friends do that sometimes! They live about 20 miles from here, but he said he would have done that for his little buddy, Kramer.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:17 PM   #22  
Thursday Lady

Default Kramer

Oh Tammy, I feel what you went through last night! I know that was terrifying not knowing where Kramer was.
I can just see little Kramer sitting in that police car. He probably thought he was really something.
I'm glad the police found Bob, too.
Y'all will have a great time this weekend.

Susan, I sure hope you are feeling better. You've been going non-stop.

Hey, where are all my friends!
Maureen, where you haven't posted in way too long.

Last edited by Tina; 10-18-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:27 AM   #23  

Tina, it really was kind of funny seeing Kramer in the back of the police car with his paws up on the door looking at me. I am so looking forward to getting away. Talked to Tim last night, and he can't wait either. Probably because everyone else has already gone home!! lol

Hope you all have a great weekend!!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #24  
Susan

Howdy,
I can just picture Kramer!!!! It's horrible to hear that your poor doggie has a record. I would have loved to have seen him riding in the back of the police car. Have fun on your trip!!

tina, I am feeling better finally. My sinus infection is better. The new meds are really helping.

I go on Tuesday to the dr. for my yearly checkup. I want to talk to her about how tired I've been lately. Not sure what is going on, I know my thyroid is ok because I just had blood work for that.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #25  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
It's a beautiful day here.
The weather is finally feeling a little like fall....just a little.

I feel pretty lousy today. I'm getting laryngitis. My throat is swollen and sore, down low. So, I'm drinking lots of hot tea today.

How is everyone else doing? Are y'all having a hard time staying OP? I'm not journaling and that's a "no, no."

Old 10-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #26  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, how was your weekend away???
Old 10-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #27  

Susan, ask your doctor for me too. I have been totally exhausted even when I haven't done anything. I know part of it is the fibro, and I don't go to the rheumatogist until December.

Tina, I hope your throat is better soon!

I haven't been journaling since we were gone over the weekend. Today I was just too lazy to do it. There is no excuse.

Tim ended up having to work an extra shift over the weekend, so we didn't get to see him as much as we thought we would. We did go to Red Lobster because Bob wanted to go there. He ordered a shrimp cocktail and a glass of water. That's it! Tim, after we were seated, mentioned that the last two times he has eaten there, he has gotten sick. I was ready to get up and move to another table and enjoy my meal. It wasn't an enjoyable meal at all.

After we ate, Tim took Bob back to the hotel, and I went to the mall. I am looking for a couple new dresses. All I found was ugly ones. I did buy a couple sweaters, a tank, and a blouse at CJBanks though. Everything was on sale, so that made it even better.

Our neighbor lady passed away on Friday after we left for Muncie. SHe would have been 96 the end of this week. Such a sweetie. We'll miss her. Her family doesn't live here - one daughter in Florida, one in NY, and her son lives about 40 miles away. They have a lot to do with all of her stuff. I told the oldest daughter that I would take clothing to the county home. I'm sure the residents there would appreciate them. Also the canned goods I can take to a food bank in the area. Not sure what their plans are for the furniture, etc. She has some really nice things. I'm crying again.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:12 PM   #28  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, I'm so sorry about your neighbor. Wow, 96 years old. I'm sorry you had a lousy meal. You'd wanted to have a good time. Bob isn't going to gain any weight by eating so little!
I'd like to buy some dresses, too. There aren't any.

Susan, let us know how your dr. visit goes tomorrow.

Maureen, are you still lurking around? Chantal, where are you?
Amy, let us hear from ya.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:23 PM   #29  

I mentioned to Bob tonight that I want to go away again. If he doesn't want to go, I'm going alone. I know I'll be going away with Carol and Melissa in December for a few days, but I want to get away and have a good time NOW!

The dress situation is really stinky, that's for sure.

Tomorrow I have a chiro appointment, and then I have a membership committee meeting for the county retired teachers. Should be an interesting time.

Hope you are all doing well!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #30  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, it sounds like all the stress of Bob being in the hospital has finally gotten the best of you. I'm so sorry! You've had a hard time and deserve to get away.
Boy, I wish we all lived closer. We could find a spa and go relax!

Susan, how was your doctor's appointment?
Chantal, how was Paris?
Maureen, how is Canada right now? Are you having any snow yet?

I am finally feeling better. Today my voice is all back. I still get real tired and yucky feeling at night.
Maybe I need a vacation to some place warm.
Closed Thread