Old 10-14-2007, 12:26 PM   #1  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Wink Slimmin Sistas 10/14 - 10/20

Hey chickies! Just thought I'd start this ........... hopefully everyone is doing ok! I think of you often!

jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:23 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hi Jeanne! Wow we have really neglected this forum the past couple of weeks I'm doing pretty good. Back to the weight I was mid-September before I got sick and went on vacation. Can't wait to see the 150's now!!!!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:14 AM   #3  

Hi all

Life is slowly sliding into a manageable, yet fatiguing routine. It's hectic, but I can push my way through.

This morning I gave myself a stern lecture There will never be a perfect time to work on this. I will never be perfect on the program. But I have to at least try. I just keep setting myself up for failure with my crazy ideas and notions. It's all common sense I just need to stop being such a ninny about it and get in gear,.

GREAT JOB getting on track Lori!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:53 PM   #4  

Misty how is the job/home situation going?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:39 AM   #5  

It's running me ragged. I am managing, it's gotten slightly better now that I have gotten two big meetings out of the way. But I still feel like i am treading water, barley able to stay above the waves. I am in way over my head. Without my master's degree I really feel like I am under qualified to help these kids. They have bigger issues than I am able to deal with.

But I can manage, just one school year. DH got a different job at his compnay so maybe that will include a pay increase. His current salary is 40% below the low end of the salary range for the new position, so he is hoping that they will bump him up at least some of that if not all. He does not expect to get the raise putting him at the high end of that salary, but at least the bottom end of teh bracket would be nice. So we'll see. That would help alot. With that increase and mine we could have most if not all our debt paid off within a year except our van lease.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:25 AM   #6  

I'm doing alright. I put on a second project here at work. I'm the project manager, lead software engineer, and I will be doing software development on it as well. I've never done project management or been a lead SW engineer on a project before, but I'm pretty comfortable with the SW duties, it is the management stuff that is getting to me. I asked for management experience (like shadowing another manager, etc) and they gave me a whole project! I couldn't really turn it down though, its way too good of an opportunity. I just hope I get the guidance I need. I thought I would be on this new project full time, but it is only 1 day a week to start off, so I am still working on the old project I was on as well. I have TONS of work to do now, I feel like I am drowning in it. On top of that, I can't work overtime because no one can pay me for it. I would be able to get a lot more done if I could though. So for now I'm trying to make the best of it. I will be off the old project just before Thanksgiving, so it is only for 5-6 weeks that I have to put up with craziness!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:40 AM   #7  
jeanne

Hi girls!

Misty - A big yawn just thinking about your busy schedule! Oh my! I hope DH gets an increase. I'll say a little prayer for ya! I hope the kids are doing well! They are so darn cute! Growing up so fast too!

Lori - good luck and I'm sure you'll see the 150's soon! You have done soooooo well!

Jen - I hope you and your gang are doing well!

Last edited by jar1965; 10-17-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:59 AM   #8  
jeanne

Hi Misty & Lori & anyone else who stumbles onto the Slimmin' Sistas!

Hope you all had a good week! Mine was good. I'm moving along at a slow rate - but - notheless, moving along! I'm down 32# since June 4 where I weighed 260# at my doctors appt.

Are you guys making any plans for Thanksgiving? I am going to set a goal of "probably" 8 - 10#?!?!?!?! I have only been losing about a pound to a pound and a 1/2 per week, so I don't want to set one that is to high. I already know I wont make my halloween goal. That darn candy store I work in anyways!!!!!

Well I hope this finds you guys well! Hit me on here and let me know you are ok.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:44 AM   #9  

Hey all!

I am really struggling. My headaches are almost daily right now. Yesterday I was kind of seeing spots and over the weekend my entire head pulsed with every heart beat. I started drinking pop again, so I wonder if it is the caffeine. My schedule is killing me. I worked 43 hours between the two jobs in addition to all my usual household stuff and kid stuff. DD has several preschool events going on for which I have to remember snacks, donations, show and tell ect.

We're going to NC for Thanksgiving. I guess we are driving we talked about the train and flying. But I have a training on Tuesday then a sign language class that night. I may skip the class and leave early so we can drive through the night while the kids sleep. Then we'll have to drive home late Saturday or early Sunday.

Well I better run, I have tons to do yet before i leave for work. Have a great day!