Old 08-10-2007, 10:19 PM   #16  

Tim called about 9. They still didn't have the auditions finished but they didn't want it running as late as last year. They have the snares done, but nothing else. The only thing he is trying out for is cymbols. He was doing that all afternoon and evening, and he is hurting. He was going back to take some aleve and take a shower. Smart boy! They start up again at 9:00 in the morning. He said he'd call as soon as he knows anything for sure.

Even with having a pizza tonight, the day ended up being ok on my nutrition tracker thing. I need to set myself a mini-goal of some kind.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:16 AM   #17  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Tammy, what's the word from Tim????? I'm so anxious for you both!!!!
He is so good that they have to take him. Do you want me to fly up and tell them?
I'm still not feeling too good. I've been to my PCP and gyn (twice). Monday I might go to the dermatologist.
Some day soon, we are flying out to NC to see about Larry's ill brother.

Susan, are you in SA?
Chantal are you home from Paris?

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #18  

Tina, he didn't make it. I am just sick about it. He is doing ok. It came down to music majors and non music majors. He isn't a music major, so he was cut. BUT the director called him into his office and asked him to be a band manager. They need someone to help with the percussion stuff, getting things set up and fixing things. Tim is going to do it. He will still get the 2 credit hours because he'll be at all of the practices and games. He was positive about it. He was excited because Mr. K. wants to keep him. They'll have 5 managers this year. Those kids who didn't make it on an instrument had to go home and go back to school next week. Tim won't have to do that now. I've been in tears of course, but I'm doing better since he is staying positive.

You need to start feeling better!!! I always say that Mexican food cures everything. Have you tried that????

Hope we hear from some of the others!!
Old 08-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #19  
Susan

Hi All,

Not getting emails again. It makes me mad when I don't I miss ya'll.

Tammy, I'm sorry about Tim!!! Want us to go talk to the band director? We will take care of it Won't we Tina!!!!

Tina, Get to feeling better! You are making your rounds with the doctors. I've done a few.

Well it's down hill slide now to school. I am off Monday, Tuesday a workshop then dr. appointment and flying to San Antonio that night. Come home Saturday, then will go to Rachael's party (my girl). Pat plays that night so I might go listen to them.

Oh yea, and I have to move my room still. I'm going to go up on Monday to do some. They keep bugging me about it. Of course there is no air on yet. I will have to do it in the afternoon since my blinds are being installed that morning.

I would like another month off!!!!!! I told my friend, next summer we are going to go some place. Doesn't matter if it's to Fort Worth so we can do nothing.

I can't wait to see my mom and dad. Daddy is doing very well. I'll post once I see for my self.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:50 PM   #20  

Susan, the band director wouldn't have a chance if you and Tina showed up!! lol I also think you should take another month off. I'll write you a note and let them know that you won't be there. Let us know how things are with your parents.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:56 PM   #21  
Susan

Thank you for writing me the note!!!! I know that will work out just fine. Maybe I'll just tell my students that they have another month off

I'm so tired!!! I think I'm getting too old to be out until 4 in morning. I went to see Pat's band and had a great time but it sure is a long night.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 AM   #22  

Susan, glad my note will be helpful!!! LOL to being old. There is no way I could stay up that late!

Tina, that's nice to say your sister is nuts in a nice way! I"m sure she'd appreciate that. I've had several teachers ask me about subbing, but I really don't know if I want to this year. I might sometime in the future though.

We're taking the rest of Tim's stuff over today since he can move into his real room. He is staying very positive about the position he'll be in. The director asked him again yesterday about possibly playing xylophone in the sideline section. There are 2 other guys doing that. Tim had considered giving it a try until last night when he found out that those other 2 guys dropped band! If he'd do it, he'd be the only one out there. I know he won't do it now. Oh well.

I got weighed this morning because I knew I had been so good all weekend. Apparently I wasn't that good because the scales are still the same. Doesn't seem fair, does it? lol

Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:32 AM   #23  
Susan

Hi,
Well it's going to be a nice 105 today. Yesterday was 104. I think summer came!!!!

My blinds are up!! YEA!!!!!!!! They look nice. I can't believe that we have lived here 10 years and I'm just now putting them up in the front window.

Well Tina, I think your sister is a nut too!!! I won't be teaching at 69.

Tammy, I wouldn't sub this year either.

Well I'm off to school to start moving my things. I'm going to box stuff up and chunk it in the new room and that's it. I'll worry about the rest when we have to go back.

Oh fyi, my sisters are nuts too!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #24  

I think I'm glad I don't live in Texas! That's way too hot for me! Hooray for the blinds being up!! When do you have to go back to school? I don't have any sisters, but my brothers are both nuts.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #25  
Susan

I go back next Monday. I spent ALL day moving stuff from my room to the other. The other teacher had not moved her stuff out yet. Luckily some of my friends helped. I met Pat for lunch and we walked to this store and he bought me some earrings. I think it's a "I'm sorry you have to go back to work present." Tomorrow, I have a workshop, endocrinologist appt. and then off to San Antonio.

So I'll be posting from there.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:25 PM   #26  

Hi Everyone! Welcome Dori!!

I've been bad ladies. Summer has got the best of me, I'm drinking like a fish and couldn't be happier about it. lol I will get back on track one of these days, I promise. I realized that its been almost a month since I posted. Sorry about that. Didn't exactly feel worthy, given my status (on hiatus) right now. lol

We haven't left for France yet. We booked our tickets and everything. We're flying out of Detroit on Saturday October 27th. We fly from Detroit to Toronto, then Toronto to London, then we take the train through the chunnel to France. I'm excited, but I'll be honest, I'm not a good flyer. I'm already a little anxiety ridden over the idea of being on a plane for so long, not to mention how many different planes we'll be travelling on. Anyway, I guess I'll just have to suck it up.

Thanks for remembering me eventhough I have neglected you! It stops now, promise!

How's everyone else doing??
Chanty1483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:03 PM   #27  

Susan, I was always glad to have help in the classroom at the beginning of the school year. Wow! Pat can buy me something if he wants to.

Chantal, I think we've all had some ups and downs staying OP this summer. When I fly, I always take Dramamine ( a couple of them) before the flight. It helps me relax. Might be worth a try. My brother, SIL, and niece just returned from England. They had a wonderful time. My SIL and niece took about 2000 pictures between them on their digital cameras. They didn't get that many developed though.

Bob and I are going away for a couple of days. It seems like we are always going somewhere. I think I like retirement!!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #28  
Thursday Lady

I just wrote a long post and now it's all gone.
Chantal, I'm so glad you are back with us. Don't be too hard on yourself!!!!
Susan, I'd love to see those earrings.

Tammy, have a great time because you deserve it.
I wish I was going to enjoy our trip this weekend.
I am feeling some better.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:14 PM   #29  
Thursday Lady

Grrr..... For the past few days, every time I come here, I have to sign in again. That's really strange and disgusting because I never remember my password and have to look it up somewhere.
Oh well,
I'm ready for some cool weather!!!!!
There's a disturbance in the Gulf and we should get some rain tonight and tomorrow. Yea! Our gardens and grass are croaking.

I've been drinking water and trying to watch points.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:09 PM   #30  

We weren't planning to come home today, but Bob wasn't feeling the best. He thought he'd feel better being miserable at home instead of a hotel. I hope I don't get whatever it is.

Tina, I had to sign in a few times recently too. Wonder what's up? Cooler weather would be nice. It's hot enough in Ohio, so I can imagine how it is in Texas.

I've been drinking water, journaling, and walking. Maybe I'll get to move my butterfly. I didn't weigh this morning since we weren't home. I'll weigh in the morning.