3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Week of 7/16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/117971-week-7-16-a.html)

modkittn 07-16-2007 08:36 AM

Week of 7/16

Hey everyone! I had a weird weekend eating-wise. Two BBQs on Saturday, and at the second one I had more drinks than I planned and then inhibition went away and I ate food after midnight and that CERTAINLY wasn't planned! But weighed myself this morning, and only up .2. Not bad I think!

Steph - Good luck! We'll be waiting impatiently to hear from you :)

Amy - I don't understand people who do that. Don't they know how rude it is to ask if someone has not announced that they are pregnant? I was POSITIVE someone at work was a while ago and guess what? 2 weeks later she announced and I congratulated her and told her I thought maybe she was but wasn't sure. I would never say anything unless the person announced it to me! I would be fuming. And then she didn't even apologize?!?!

Misty - I'm not a fan of frozen dinners at all. I will take leftovers, a turkey and ham sandwich on light bread with some veggies, a salad with lots of extras (tuna fish, feta cheese, turkey, etc) as a main course and add some fruit or maybe a small snack with that. I eat breakfast around 6:30, have a snack at 9:30am, then lunch around noon, a snack around 3, and dinner around 6 or 6:30. So I don't normally go more than 3 hours without eating. Snacks consist of fruit, raw veggies, a Fiber One bar, a Nature Valley bar, etc. In the morning I tend to need more fiber/protein to feel full, so I have a Fiber One bar in the morning. Then a different snack in the afternoon. Yogurt is a good snack or extra for your lunch because it has a lot of protein. There's a Planning and Journals thread in the Support forum that I post on. You're welcome to check out the thread. You might get some good ideas!

Jen 07-16-2007 11:11 AM

Misty, no wonder you are starving at lunch if all you are eating at breakfast is a cup of dry cereal or nothing. I know you are lacking in time in the am but even if you take something you can have in the car, a breakfast bar or a protein smoothie. I think Lori has an excellent idea of eating every 3 hours or so, it is proven to keep hunger pangs down and metabolism up.

MistySeptember 07-16-2007 12:29 PM

You are totally right. I need to eat breakfast. I need to plan. If I planned then dinner wouldn't be at 7 or 8, and I'd have healthy snacks. I need to get up earlier. That way I can get a good breakfast and a decent lunch preapred. That will be my mission today I think. Making some plans. I'll check out that thread you mentioned and Amy's stuff too! I wish I could affor dlike Nutrisystem. They mail you all the food. I just need a no brainer right now.

I have to go to the dr. today for a physical for my new job. I am not sure if I should talk to him about antidepressants. My ob gave me some and I felt better, but he weaned me off of them. He's more used to dealing with postpartun depression and I don't think I fully conveyed my concerns. However today is a physical to be a teacher, I am not sure if now is the time to bring up that I can't deal with my life, my kids ect and that I need drugs. LOL

I totally blew a project for a field trip for the daycare today. I never sent out permission slips. I really dropped the ball. I have too much going on, or perhaps it's that I don't know how to prioritize it all you know?

modkittn 07-16-2007 12:30 PM

I always eat a good sized breakfast! Lately I've been taken to 3/4 cup Puffins Cinnamon Cereal with 1 cup of 1% milk and a small banana. Other days I make my own smoothie, or have yogurt with some Fiber One mixed in and a piece of fruit. Just make sure you are getting protein with your breakfast. That helps your metabolism even more and helps curb the hunger as well!

MistySeptember 07-16-2007 12:49 PM

Now that I bought a new microwave things should get better. I can have oatmeal for breakfast. I think I will cook up some chicken breast to have with my salads. I love yogurt, but I rarley eat it anymore b/c I don't like using 5 points on it. I can't it if it has artificial sweeteners.

Dr. Oz's book recommended automating some of your meals. ie eating the same thing everyday for lunch or breakfast. Even just having 1 or 2 go to meals you know? One less thing to think about. I kind of like that. Maybe that will be my challenge this week not only to eat breakfast but to find one I can eat regulalry.

modkittn 07-16-2007 02:54 PM

Misty - I don't think Stonyfield Farms uses artificial sweeteners. They are all natural right? And they do have some light ones! There are some light organic yogurts as well that don't use sweeteners. You just have to keep an eye out. I buy plain yogurt a lot of time and add berries, bananas, etc for my flavor. I don't like it when its really sweet anyway :)

MistySeptember 07-20-2007 09:10 AM

Hi all!!!

I had a pretty good OP week. I packed good lunches, had sensible snacks and dinners. I was still pretty hungry at 3 though. Maybe it is a mental thing LOL

I am going nuts here trying to balance my current daycare class, next year's preschool plans and trying to get this IU job. I am waiting to get back one last letter then I can mail in my certification application. They wanted it in two weeks ago. I'm going as fast as I can. I really really need this job.

But my washer is fixed, DH fixed his transmission for now. Looks like the mechanic put a HOLE in the transmission while trying to get the filter gasket on! I got a new microwave, which has been nice.

Well tons to do on my day off. Hav ea great day!