Old 06-15-2007, 08:00 AM   #31  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Have a great weekend, everybody.

All goes well here. I like my attitude. Now, Bandit=-=you'd understand this--dh and I are going out to dinner tonight. It is an unexpected change in plans and I thought I'd just have to deal with Father's Day treats. So, for dinner tonight I'm having salad, lobster (no or little butter) and a baked potato. Sounds yummy and I've got to stick to that. Yesterday worked out well. At my dd's babysitting grandson==when I bring my own food, I do fine. Coming home I overate on Core foods, then realized I was sleepy and caught a nap.
That enabled me to have a tiny dinner and get another weight loss.

You all take care==Ariana--enjoy your weekend and Princess--enjoy those horses!
Judy
234.6/222/thinner into onederland
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #32  

Red face Friday!!!!

Ladies: Good afternoon. How is everyone? I'm okay -- very, very tired. And frustrated. I could points, and gained 0.4. Which is basically maintenance. And Mom and I talked about this, and I have to maintain perspective -- I've lost less than 1 pound <b>a month</b>, so 2.5 pounds last week + gaining .4 this week means -- still ahead of the game. It's just frustrating, you know what I mean? But I am taking it as a blip, and I am going to keep on keeping on, as you always say, Judy. I am actually thinking about adding 2 or 3 points a day to my base points. I know it doesn't fit in with my weight and WW's calculations, but here is my thought process -- on Monday, I was too tired to work out. Tuesday I managed to work out, but I felt weaker and more dizzy than usual. Wednesday I had to work until 9 pm, and although I had an apple at 5, when I cracked my back at 7 pm (which I do by putting my arms behind my back, leaning over and bringing up my arms above my head), and I stood back up, there were silver specks everywhere, and my head buzzed, and I had to sit down and grab a chair before for a few seconds before the feeling passed. That never happens to me. And then Thursday, I did spinning, and I had to duck out after 20 minutes because I was light-headed -- I spent some quality time lying down on the locker-room bench, and it took several tries before I could get up and go very far. I ate a small piece of an energy bar and rested, and then I felt well enough to drive home, but still a little weird. That is also very unusual for me. Spinning often makes me a little light headed, but I ease back, and it passes. I'm wondering if maybe I'm not eating enough for my activity level, even though I eat my AP's. Or it's possible that I'm not eating enough before, but I'm eating enough after -- which doesn't explain the problem Wednesday, when I didn't work out at all. So I'm upping my daily points base points by 4 when I go to SF, so we'll see if that helps. I don't know. I hope so. If not, my next step is to cut off those 4 points again and reduce my dinner points in order to eat a bigger snack before working out -- that's hard to do -- my dinner is usually 6 points of a main meal, plus 2 pts for a cup of milk and 1 point for a serving of fruit (plus free veggies) -- I can cut back on that, but I would hate to do so, I am usually SO hungry after working out. Anyway, I just wanted to vent and share my thoughts with my fellow turtles.

Judy -- Re: small weight gain: I think you have an excellent attitude. It's important to understand that (and physician heal thyself, I know!), four steps forward and one step back is STILL three steps forward net. So not gaining as much as you ordinarily would on vacation is a definite success. Congrats! We are all making major behavioral changes in our lives, and part of making change is taking things slowly. What is the pass program? Is that how you and princess get free e-tools? I have to pay $15 a month if I want that. Mostly I just want the recipe calculator. Re trip tips: Thank you, Judy. Those are good tips, and I think they'll help. <crosses fingers> Re Jail Food: I love it. That's exactly how i feel about the healthy food I have to eat when others around me are not eating healthily. My new mantra is -- "it's about the trip, it's not about the food, it's about the trip, it's not about the food." Let's see if I can convince myself of that. Re support and posting -- I will keep posting as much as I can. We are all here to help each other. Re tracking: thank you! I'm surprised I made it this far, honestly -- maybe it's because I genuinely believe it will work in the long run, even at a gut level. I guess that's the difference. Also, carrying my tracker in my purse means I have it everywhere I go, there's never an excuse not to track. That may not have stopped me before. We'll see. Re meetings: maybe that's why you need. It's worth a shot, right?

Princess: Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned out! Thank you for the tips, I will try some of those things. I love the WW candies, but I never eat more than one or two every few hours -- if I eat a whole pack of them -- well, let's just say that they upset my gastrointestinal system. You know what I mean? But they're great in small doses, I substitute one after lunch or dinner instead of the piece of chocolate that I used to eat. I am rather fond of my all-bran bars, which are fairly tasteless, but high in fiber and about 1.5 points -- I call them Sawdust bars, but they're a good snack for when you're really hungry... Re WI: good luck!!! Re my trip: Thank you, I'm looking forward to it!

Well, ladies, have a good weekend! I'm going out with J tonight to a movie and ice cream. Tomorrow night I'm also going to another movie and out to dinner with a friend. Enjoy yourselves, and write when you get a chance.

(As an FYI, Monday is probably the last day you'll hear from me for a while. I leave home at noon on Tuesday, and I return to the town where I live (I have to drive 2.5 hours just to get to my parent's house and the airport we're flying out of), on June 25. So you'll probably hear from me June 26, after Monday. Take care!
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:12 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Monday!

Well, I had an incredible W/I on Saturday, the hard work paid off and I lost 4.6 lbs and not only broke into the 170's but I also hit my 45 lbs lost mark... very happy about that!

Horseback riding on Saturday was a blast, we had so much fun and I had a great horse named Dillon... he was a beautiful horse and he treated me well... did not through me off on my rear-end so he was a champ in my eyes. Fathers day was great for my DH, he got lots of tickets to go see baseball games both here in Indy and in Cincinnati so he was trilled... he is a huge Red's fan.

We were both tired by the long active weekend and sorry to see Monday morning come so soon but all in all it was a great and productive weekend.

Ariana: The dizziness concerns me... I really think you need to up your protein and carb intake before you work out... You know... I would think that maybe you should have your doctor do some blood work... I would bet that you have a low iron and/or Ferritin level and need to take some iron daily... it all fits... the tiredness, dizzy, etc. Just my thoughts though... since I have been taking my iron twice a day I don't get the dizzy spells and am way less tired. But make sure that they include the Ferritin in the blood work as that has to be asked for and a separate test done over and above the regular stuff. Have a great time on your trip and enjoy yourself! You work hard and deserve a good time!

Judy: How are you doing? How was your weekend? I really think the extra meeting each week would help you to stay on track... I know it would me... let me know how it goes.

Have to run but will check back later on.
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:05 AM   #34  
Chick

Princess,
and Yay! It's working for you because you're working for it! : Weigh to go! That is a phenomenol weight loss. I think it's great that you worked through your slight gain in the week you upped your exercise and kept on going rather than letting discouragement get you down (and off program). Look at the results. It's so good we have the Turtles to remind us of what has happened in the past and the good results if we keep on doing the right thing. Glad you had such a fun weekend and the horse was a good one! Yay.

Ariana,
Me too--I ditto Princess's remarks. I don't think exercise should be making you dizzy and light headed. I wonder if you might like to get your blood work done and then see a nutritionist to get ideas on how to exercise mightily and still lose weight and stay on the right track. Just a thought. Also, check out the leader at WW's because they often have good ideas and have had experience helping many members.

My weekend was so much fun. I got to get out and help with yard work and have a huge problem with some grass that has invaded my perennials. Ugh--I'm really having to tug to get the grass out of there and it's a slow and tedious project. On the other hand, I also got to go swimming for the first time this season and it was great. Father's Day was fun. My dd bride to be and her fiance and my dd, dgrandson, and d sil all came over to help celebrate. Really nice! Had the best Fathers Day ever. Played bocce (an Italian lawn game involving throwing balls to the smaller ball on the lawn) Object to get your ball closest to the smaller ball and/or knock your opponent's out. Loads of fun--also had easy food. I had prepared a very low cal dip and crudites because my dd was making bacon butties for her dad.
Hysterical--they're a food from Britain involving more fat and artery clogging ingredients than one should ever have. I told everyone that, even though we loved the sandwiches, they could only be served on a biannual basis because no one should be eating these things. Luckily--the rest of the food worked out great. I'm not sure what the scale will show, but I've got 2 days to work on getting my WI weight in shaped.

Okay--gotta go.
Ariana, have a lovely trip. Chime in when you get back and make lots of good memories for yourself.
Judy
Old 06-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #35  

Ladies: Thank you for your concern. Honestly, it (the dizziness) scared me too, especially since it's never happened before. Before I go to a doctor, though I'm going to try eating 2-3 points of extra food before working out -- 2 points of protein, 1 point of carbs -- to see if I feel better. If I do, but I still don't lose weight, I guess I'll just have to cut back on my dinner. I think it's entirely likely that I'm just not eating *enough* for my activity level, regardless of what the WW point system says, including AP's. It's worth a shot anyway, right? If that doesn't work, I'll go to a WW leader, then my doctor if even that doesn't work. Sound good?

On a more chipper note, my weekend was good. I slept a lot -- 1 am to 11 am Saturday, 11 pm to 10 am Sunday -- and I feel much better. I had no time for quilting, but I did clean my whole apartment, which was oddly relaxing -- it gives me a sense of control over my world. Silly, but true. Next weekend I will be in SF, and then the weekend after that I am planning to get a massage, get something nice and healthy for dinner on the way home, and take off Saturday and Sunday -- read, relax, quilt, and not go anywhere with anyone. I need a break! Socializing is great, but sometimes I get so overwhelmed and I just want to be *alone*! But really, my weekend was good, I just need some down-time.

Today is stressful, because I have a lot to do and I'm stuck helping out a new guy. But I'm leaving at noon for home, and then we fly out Wednesday morning, so it will be "all good" very soon.

Princess: That is great! Congrats!!! ::: I'm also glad that you had such a good weekend. It sounds like a blast. I am looking forward to my trip -- I think it will be great.

Judy: It sounds like you had a great weekend too, grass pulling aside. Those sandwhiches sound fatal. But Britain isn't the only one to earn that dubious honor -- have you ever looked at the nutrition info for Chipotle? I calculated the burrito I used to eat as a college student, and I figured out that it was -- get this -- 24 points! It's amazing the food that we sometimes eat, isn't it? But it sounds like you were strong, and moderated your intake as much as possible, which is great.

Well, ladies, I'm off for quite a while. I will chime in when I get back next week...take care; you'll be in my thoughts! ;D
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:25 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning ladies!

Well we finally have some rain here... we have been bone dry here for weeks, the grass is brown and there are water restrictions in place but today it is raining .

Not much is new here, best wishes to Ariana for a wonderful vacation! Judy, did you get all of the stray grass pulled out of your garden beds?

I have to run but will check back later on.
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:12 AM   #37  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess,
I'm only about 1/3 done with the stray grass and more seems to sprout each day. Ugh. On a high note, I've had 4 special occasions this week with food involved in each and it looks like I've still managed to lose weight. I hope my scale jibes with the WW scale, because I'll be very happy if it does. I am so anxious to really lose weight the way you and Ariana have done rather than these long spells of yo yo=ing.

I'm going to start a new thread now because this one is getting long. See you in #184
Judy