Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 11:39 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr olds #148

Here it is all ready for some great new posts!

Cheers
Maria
Old 11-29-2001, 12:20 AM   #2  
Net browser

Thank you Maria now I can go to bed in peace. LOL Geez I hate not knowing stuff.
Well it's 11:23, so I better get ready for bed.........
Good night.
Old 11-29-2001, 11:07 AM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: Sounds like great gifts to me! Glad your mouth is getting better. Sure is gonna take a long time to get it all done.
LOL about Maui! You got that right! They wouldnt know how to handle all of us! Probably close the Island down

Glenda: I have seen Neil in concert before. It was a long time ago. He was awesome then. Quite the performer. Lucky you!

Maria: Yes you have been alone alot more than me. I feel for you. My DH goes maybe once or twice a year. So I do treasure those few that he is gone so I can relax and not worry about anything else.

Good to see you Ann!

Now where is Peggy and PeggyST?
Old 11-29-2001, 01:03 PM   #4  
Conquering with SBD

I thought it was time for me to check in again. I can't believe all the chatter that I have missed the last few days. I even miss one whole thread. That's only been three days. I better get my act together here! LOL

I have been organizing some volunteer work this week for the Salvation Army, so have not been lurking very much. Tonight starts the Christmas appeal for them, so will be out with my bells on the street corner. Unfortunately, the weather forecast is for 16 to 20 below. Oh, I really don't like winter.

I can't even remember when I last posted, but I guess it was on Monday. Yes there was a 3.75 pound loss for last week. That was good, except I am gaining weight back this week. I have stayed OP all week - even managed to stay within the lower WW point range, but I am putting on the pounds. It's that time of month, so I don't think I should worry about the gain. By Monday when I WI, it will be gone.

I will start a thread for the Christmas Challenge. Everyone who is joining me on the Christmas Challenge, check in there and post your progress every week until Christmas. Let's get those pounds gone.

Bye the way...the trip to Hawaii. I am sooooo there. It looks mighty nice to me.

Peggy - I was thinking about you this week. How did the procedure go? How are feeling through it all? Hope everthing is fine and the results are good. Take care.

Hope everyone is doing well - getting Christmas shopping done, baking looked after, preparing for family and friends. Enjoy the season, it won't be very long now.

Talk later, but remember to sign up for the Christmas Challenge.

Luv,
Old 11-29-2001, 08:24 PM   #5  

G'day all,

Overcast day here but quite warm.
I am watching the Davis Cup tennis on TV, Australia v France. Australia doing quite well so far.

I am fiddling around burning CD's and making the cover's etc to go with it. I bought some stick on templates to stick to the CD it self and they are turning out quite well. Very professional

I am also trying out some fake tan, not an attractive picture at the moment as I do not want to get any fake tan on my good bras, I am doing without bras at the moment
Needless to say I won't be going out anywhere.

I am off to play a bit of canasta before having lunch, see if I can improve my score a bit more.

So many important things in my life to keep up with it

See ya all
Cheers
Maria
Old 11-29-2001, 11:35 PM   #6  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Maria when working with that "fake tan" stuff you really have to exfoliate your skin good first. (You probably already know all this, but just in case).........
My friend at the lake used the self-tanning stuff on her legs and didn't exfoliate first, and also put it on her knees and the back of her heels at the same time as she did the rest of her legs and those parts got really really dark. She said, instructions came with the tanning stuff but she read them AFTER SHE DID IT.
LOL....she has even less patience then me.
Geez look at you, now you are burning CD's. A friend in Maui, his son, had a CD burner and for his birthday his son made up a CD with all his favorite songs. I'm not sure how he did this, because I don't even know what a CD burner looks like, but he said, his son put a picture of him on the CD. It was one of him sitting in his lawn chair at the ocean. The friend was very pleased with this gift. Can you make a "template" out of a photo to put on a CD?????? He didn't have it with him so I didn't see it.
Trudy came across this recipe for something called "Dulce de Leche" which she felt the need to share with me.....LOL You take an unopened can of "Condensed Milk" that has 127 calories in 2 tbsp. or 1270 calories in the can and place it on a rack in a large covered pot and simmer for 2 1/2 hours. At the end of that time you have a caramel sauce that is to die for. Oh it's GOOD!

Peggy ST you sure are managing to keep busy, is this something you do every year with the Salvation Army? They certainly do a lot of good work.
Glenda I would have loved to have seen the "real Neil Diamond".
Peggy I hope everything is ok with you. We sure would like to hear from you. Maybe you are just busy with your crafting or having computer trouble.

Talk to you all tomorrow. Night.
Old 11-30-2001, 03:37 AM   #7  

G'day all,

Slavika Yes I know all about not exfoliating before applying fake tanning stuff I have experimented over the years quite a bit with different types and have not bothered the last few years. However, for the wedding I thought I would have another go. I thought if I do it now so I will have an idea what it will look like and not turn up at the wedding with streaky orange legs
I am using L'Oreal and it is quite good other than after a shower the 'tan' still comes off on the nice white towels they supply here .
Burning of CD's is quite easy. I have a CD burner at home. When we purchased my laptop, we made sure it was the same as DH's.(Del) He has a CD burner in his which I can interchange into my laptop.
When my son was in England, I asked one of his friends to choose all ds favourite songs. He turned up with 15 CD's and picked one from each! I made up the cover with baby photos of ds and the CD turned out really well. I sent it for his birthday and he just loved it. I also bought a new CD but sent him a 'burnt' copy so that if he was to loose them, the original was still at home.
What I did this morning was transferring all my photo files on CD, not only as a back up in case my computer crashes but also to free up some memory.
You could get a CD burner, burn your favourite CDs and take it with you to Maui. When home you can have them in your car.
Technology, it so good

Trudy's recipe if I remember well, can be used as a dipping sauce with fruit, verrrry nice and moorish

Peggy ST A lady I worked with was heavily involved with the Salvation Army. Each year we have a Red Shield Appeal day and she used to recruit a group of us to help her collect on that day. It was a fun day and of course, everyone knows the work the Salvos do, which made collecting very easy.

Peggy Look forward to hearing from you and to let us know all is well.

I am not sure what we will be doing this weekend, dh wants to go to a wild life sancutary. It will depend on the weather.

Have a great weekend all
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 11-30-2001 at 03:40 AM.
Old 11-30-2001, 11:34 PM   #8  
Life Time 2001

Maria: How did the Tanning come out? I have never tried it. Maybe someday I will. Really need to as my legs are quite white So this L'Oreal is good? How long does it last?

Slavika: Oh my Goodness Dulce de Leche? Yum I love Carmel sauce. Just takes the condensed milk and thats it? Nothing else?
I have a CD burner to. Makes it nice to make CD's and to back up your files. Which reminds me its that time!
I make covers for mine to. Its fun! You need one, talk to Hubby. Trudy needs one to I know she likes music alot. Makes it nice to be able to use the CDs in your Puter, car or where ever. And of course to back up your computer.

PeggyST: Thats cold! How often you you have to do this? I am going to drag out my Christmas stuff tomorrow and work on getting my house done. I do love to decorate the house! Got some new stuff to decorate with to. Hope it comes out like I want!

Peggy: Where are you? Starting to get worried here.....

Night all!
Old 12-01-2001, 10:58 AM   #9  
Net browser

Default LOL LOL LOL

Lily and Maria My own "little baby car" is sooooo old, that CD's weren't even invented when that car was made. I convinced my grandchildren that, my little car had a secret. I told them because it was small and old, people thought it was slow. I told them, the secret was, it was very fast, but not to tell anybody. So, when I come out into the side lane (it's a standard drive) and I have the children in the car.....they say, "go fast Baba, go fast", and I really gun it. Ok, the real secret is, "it makes a lot of NOISE like it's going fast", then I hit the brakes. Well, they just think its wonderful. About 6 or 8 weeks ago my husband had one of the car dealers deliver a new car to the house for me to try. My grandson was here the day it came, and was he ever upset, that I would even "THINK" about getting a new car. He said what about the "secret". He actually had tears in his eyes. Well I didn't get THAT new car but I guess I will soon have to get one. DH spoke to grandson, and told him he also knew about the "secret of Baba's car" and would arrange to have that "secret" transferred to any new car he would buy for me.
He believed his Papa because he knows that most of the car dealers in the city are his bank customers and he could do this. hee hee
So gals, that's the secret about my old car. LOL
Old 12-01-2001, 12:06 PM   #10  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: That is to cute! Im glad the "secret" will be transferred to any car you drive.

Well Im off to decorate and have fun making it look like christmas.

Later!
Old 12-02-2001, 11:53 AM   #11  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
DH and I went out for dinner to a couple's place last night who had recently re-done their basement. The fellow they had do the the work, did a great job. All the corners have been rounded, so it does not have a "box" appearance. It's painted all white, with light coloured furniture so even though there is no natural light getting in, it is still very bright. Our good friends from the lake were at the dinner party too, so it was very nice evening.
Today, at noon, I am going to see the movie "Harry Potter" with my son and grandchildren. They said they all liked it well enough to see it again......especially my grandson. It will be my treat, since they all saw it before. My DIL had other things she wished to get done today, so everybody is happy.
Went shopping to the Mall yesterday with DH, and was it every busy. There wasn't anywhere to park the car.......we had to drive around and around, until we found somebody who was leaving. We did manage to pick up a pair of bright pink cords and a multi-coloured sweater for the Princess for Christmas. We even found some funky socks to match.
My mouth is feeling much better, so fortunately (or unfortunately) I am able to eat just fine. LOL This sure is a rough time, to try and lose weight, with so many goodies around. Well I guess the goodies are always there. When we were out last night the hostess had put out a HUGE dip made with shrimp and I know it had lots of sour cream in it (and not the light). It was very good, but the calories must have been very high.
I don't know why we have not heard from Peggy but I sure miss her posts, and hope that she is ok. I'm thinking maybe she is having computer trouble. I hope that's all it it.
I hope you all have a nice Sunday; not sure what my friend Trudy has planned for today.
Bye now.

Last edited by slavika; 12-02-2001 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-02-2001, 04:45 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

Default Always behind lol lol lol

I miss a couple of days and a whole new thread again. I have just got to 'get with it'.
Slavika: would that caramel sause work with the fatfree condensed milk? I can remember many moons ago, someone telling that you could make a caramel pudding by boiling the milk for 3 or four hours, chilling and then slicing, serving with whipped cream. A million calories at least
We are all missing you Peggy, and hope all is well.
Busy time for everyone. I finally got my Christmas letter ready to print. Cards and letters are a BIG job.

Tried a great recipe Apple-Pear-Cranberry Crumble. Will post it later, as now I have to get ready for church. Choir is singing tonight. "See" you later. Ann
Old 12-02-2001, 07:07 PM   #13  
Net browser

Hi Ann You probably could use the fat free milk. I had bought a few cans of the Borden Fat Free Condensed Milk when I was in the States the last time. The fat free one is 2 tbsp = 110 calories
The regular one is 2 tbsp. = 127 calories.
The calorie count is not that great between the two.

Trudy sent me the information from the Borden Milk Web page and they had this to say:
Microwave Method:
Pour Eagle Brand into 8 cup (2L) glass measure. Cook, uncovered, at medium (50%) 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Reduce power to Medium Low (30%) and cook, uncovered, 12 to 16 minutes or until thick and light caramel-coloured; stir briskly every 2 minutes until smooth. Cool and chill. Refrigerate leftovers.

Bye now.

Last edited by slavika; 12-02-2001 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2001, 07:36 PM   #14  
Life Time 2001

Ann: Good to see you! I got my cards done yesterday. It is a big job.

Slavika: How was Harry Potter? I want to see it. Everyone says its wonderful.

This Carmel Sauce sounds interesting. One of these days I will have to try it. Never thought that evaoprated milk would do that!

Night all!
Old 12-02-2001, 10:40 PM   #15  

G'day all,

Maybe Peggy is having computer problems, this is the third day I am attempting to post .
I have no idea why but you guys have missed out on some great posts

Well it is officially summer here (December 1) but you wouldn't know it. the past three days we have had a lot of rain and whilst not really cold it certainly has not been hot either.

Slavika I loved hearing the true story of your car and the 'secret' . I agree it is not the best time to be trying to lose weight. The positive for me is that as all my friends are in Adelaide, the temptations are a bit limited for me . Pleased to hear your mouth is feeling so much better. Amazing how quickly things heal.

Lily the fake tan stuff is not too bad. I just have to perfect the application a bit, like no tan on the inside of my arms .
Should be fairly well perfect by the time of the wedding.

DD is about to arrive so I will have another go at trying to post.

Keep well all
Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread