Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 11:21 PM   #1  

Default Thursday Thursday!

Okay I'm a little early for Thursday but I figured that everyone was done posting for the day... Thank you all for the welcome back wishes. It's nice to see so many of us are still here.

Kirsty... What a cute baby pic! She's adorable. I'm teaching English as a Second Language actually. It's very cool...even tho I only have 3 students LOL. I've never even taught before!

Tonya... WTG on the raise!! That's awesome.

I was going to respond to other posts but then the phone rang and I've gotten all sidetracked... so I'm going to finish off the things I have to do and then go to bed. I need to get rid of this cold I've gotten in the 3 days of starting work in a public school LOL.
Old 11-29-2001, 12:36 AM   #2  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hey guys!

Yes, I am posting on Wed. night. Nothing to do except eat, eat, eat. I am very upset at myself for losing control tonight. I did'nt drink enough water today and I am attributing that to my loss in the battle today. I also get ravenous when I excercise. Tommorow morning I am going to make a big pot of watercress soup (1 pt per cup) very filling stuff.

As far as excercise points go, can anyone tell me how many I earned? I did 20 min step bench aerobics, 10 min sit-ups and I am going to do 30 min yoga before bed tonight.

Shalyne, come by more often, and get well soon!

Stacey: how did the funeral go? Is everything o.k.? I mean in general....considering. Just wondering how you guys were doing.

Well gonna run, but I will be back tommorow.
Old 11-29-2001, 09:23 AM   #3  

Angry

Good morning ladies!!

1bm ~ Don't worry too much about losing control, at least you are aware of it and are going to fix it tomorrow! The soup sounds great. At least you did exercise, that is terrific!!

Shalyne ~ Glad to see you back! Teaching is great, I love to see my students facing when they "get it". Teaching is very rewarding.
Thanks for the kudos on the raise, I am excited. My boss really appreciates all the hard work I do, and it makes me feel good.

Hi to everyone lurking or about to post!!

Well, I had my WI last night and I am happy to report I lost 4.4 pounds!!!! My mom lost 4.5 last night. So, we were both very proud of ourselves. I have had 8 straight days of being OP, and it feels great. I really think the longer you go being OP the easier it is. Mom and I are running the the store at lunchtime to pick up some low-point snacks for our homes. I really only have popcorn and apples at my house, and I have been eating them as snacks at night and starting to get a little burnt out on them, so it is time to try some new things!

Well, I am off to update my sig, I will check in later!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 11-29-2001, 10:16 AM   #4  
Bono Fanatic!

Congrats Tonya!! That's great!

Emily - Today is a new day. Forget about what happened yesterday and get back on track now. One day of overeating will not hurt you so don't be so hard on yourself!

Shalyne - Hope you are feeling better.

I woke up this morning feeling like I am getting a cold, which I do not want! I had the flu last weekend, so I don't need to be sick again. Plus, I am hosting a sex toy party (don't ask!!) at my place tomorrow night, so I can't be sick!

Jen
Old 11-29-2001, 10:43 AM   #5  
Parrothead

Default I'm back to check in!

Hi everyone! I am still looking for a job, so that's why I haven't been here in a while. I had a great interview Tuesday, so cross your fingers for me. Its for an information management/library position in a law firm. I think I would really like it, so maybe it will come through.

Other than that, DH and I took a trip to Santa Barbara, CA for Thanksgiving and had a great time. We went to see one of my closest friends from HS that moved out there a year ago. We ate out the whole time, but since it was a vacation I'm trying not to feel guilty for the spending. I think I did OK with points, though. I only ordered appetizers and salads wherever we went and I tried to leave food on my plate. That was hard because we were paying so much for the food . Do ya'll ever have a problem with that? I order the smallest thing on the menu and feel guilty to leave any of it. The only point disaster was a wine tour we went on. It was so much fun(DH and I love wineries), but we tasted about 35 wines. Oh well, sometimes you have to live a little!

I WI for the first time this month tomorrow and it should be interesting. I just hope I don't have to pay. I am re-committing to WW and I want to get the last 5 or 6 pounds off.

I haven't had time to catch up on all your posts...sorry.
Kirsty ~ cute baby! I like the name. Very unique
Trish ~ Is your due date Jan 1? That was my due date and I was born 2 days after Christmas. I love being a holiday baby. I get lots of gifts this time of year!
Kim ~ I hope you figure out the holiday plans. I've been thinking of volunteering at my sorority also. There is a great chapter here, but I'm not sure how the girls would react to me since I come from the rival school. We'll see...
Shaylene~ What are you teaching? I'm thinking of trying that since I haven't had a lot of luck in the business sector lately.

Sorry for the novel ladies! I'll check back soon I promise!
Kay
Old 11-29-2001, 10:45 AM   #6  

Hi gals, I've been lurking here for quite some time. . actually I think I posted in the summer challenge and flunked out! I've been doing weight watchers on my own since March 2001 and have lost 50 some pounds so far. I have approx 10 more that I want to lost but can't budge them for the life of me. . I have been maintaining since September though with the occassional loss and gain of the same 3 lbs. I'd really like to get down to my goal by the new year though and think if I start posting more then I'll be more accountable for my 'actions' so to speak. I know that part of the reason I have not been losing is I haven't been as dedicated to my journaling and my exercise has taken a huge plunge into never never land. . . but its time to get back on track! Sooo, nice to meet you all and hope to chat with you all soon!
Old 11-29-2001, 12:22 PM   #7  
Canadian Chick

Hello Fun Peoples!

How is everyone today? Guess what ? I'm playing hooky from work today Its not too bad b/c I didn't have any clients booked when I left there last night so I decided to take today off. Its great b/c my DF has the day off too and since we're working opposite hours this is a real treat! Last night we stayed up past 3am and I slept until 10:30! He's still sleeping! We never get to do that any more so this is great I banked lots of points yesterday Today I haven't eaten anything yet but I feel really motivated so I know its going to be a great OP day!!

Tonya! Great job on your loss! That's soooo great!! Way to go!

Hi Shalyne!! Its been so long since your were here-glad to see you're back Congrats on your new job. Sounds really interesting. Hope you feel better soon!

Wenella-Hi and welcome! This is a great place to keep yourself accountable. Glad to see you stopped your sinful lurking ways and have joined in the fun! I think I used to see you on another thread somewhere-like the canadian chicks?? I haven't beeen over there in a long time 50lbs in amazing! Good for you! Best of luck in the last 10lbs

Hi Kay! Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving-sounds fun! I have lots of guilt with leaving any food on my plate when I'm at a t restuarant b/c growing up we were always made to eat up b/c it was a waste. Of course now that we're all grown up with terrible habits formed my Mom realized that's terrible so now her favorite motto is "Its more of a waste on you than in the garbage" True enough. I hope your job interview pays off for you.

Emily I hope you're having a better OP day today. Do you have a recipe you could share for your soup? Its sounds interesting. I can't find my exercise points slider so I can't tell you want points you earned. I'll look some more. Its been missing for over a week now. Argh!

JenK-hope you're feeling better. Do you have a busy day today or can you take it fairly easy?? Sex Toy parties are hilarious! At least with my crazy friends they are! Have lots of fun (and enjoy your free stuff for hosting)!!! :

Hi everyone else Come out and play! Talk to you all later

-Rina
Old 11-29-2001, 12:37 PM   #8  
A Yankee in Virginia

Welcome Wenwella! Glad you stopped lurking. Sounds like you've done great so far!

Kay: What sorority were you in? I think we had this discussion before but I can't remember! I had also put my name on the Phi Mu website as a mentor, and this morning I got an email from someone at Virginia Tech. Pretty cool! (P/S I love wineries. Virginia has some great ones.)

Hi to everyone! Tonya, yay on the loss!

Well, I ate like crap yesterday! I had a small cheeseburger and small fries from McDonalds for lunch, thinking I'd eat light for dinner, but then I didn't get home from work until 9:30 p.m. so I stopped for Chinese takeout. Sigh.
Old 11-29-2001, 01:11 PM   #9  
Believe it & Achieve it

Default Hey Guys!

doing much better than last nights post. I already got in a water bottle full of water this morning (32 oz) good for me!

Tonya: Yeah on the loss! You are def. right that the more you stay op the easier it is to stay op.

Rina: The watercress soup is very good. It is 1 pt on the 123 success and i think it is higher if you are on the winning points program. It's pretty high in fiber. I will get the recipe and post a little later during naptime, when I can think!

Wenwella: glad you are back and not lurking anymore! That is great that you have lost 50 and are recommitting to the last 10 by posting your actions!

JenK: I did'nt even know that home parties for sex toys even existed! *laugh* I could not even imagine being a consultant for that. Have fun with your free gifts.

Kay: glad you had fun on vacation. I have a real struggle leaving food on my plate to. My parents motto was your ordered it, you eat it! I can't stand the waste.

Kim: Here is to a better day OP for the both of us! hang in there.

Well gonna run, I will chat with you all soon.
Old 11-29-2001, 01:23 PM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default grrr!

I'm here...boss is a *****. I'll be around later...
Old 11-29-2001, 01:52 PM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hi everyone. I did so well yesterday. I had to find food to eat my minimum! I ended at my minimum with 5 bonus exercise points. YAH ME! My tummy has been nauseaus all week and I am not liking it. I will feel fine one moment, then it goes nuts on me! Argggg...

Tonya, yah on the loss. I guess meetings were just what you needed. I envy you that you have a WW partner!

Kay, good luck on the job. Come out and post more!!

Welcome Wenwella!

Rina, I envy your hooky day!!

Well, back to work!
Old 11-29-2001, 01:55 PM   #12  
Parrothead

Default Kim ~

I was an Alpha Delta Pi. I think that your sorority was founded at the same school (Wesleyan Female College), but I'm not sure. Don't worry about the Chinese food. Theres lots of veggies in stir fry
Old 11-29-2001, 02:47 PM   #13  
A Yankee in Virginia

Yup, Kay, it started at Wesleyan. Can't remember the year now. (Are we supposed to remember that stuff forever? I graduated from college seven years ago. Yikes, it doesn't seem that long!)

As for Chinese food, I wish I had had stir fry! But no, I had pork fried rice and crab wontons. Real good for me, huh? At least for lunch today I had pea soap and some bread. (Oh, and three little chocolate chip cookies. I seem to have forgotten what the word willpower means).
Old 11-29-2001, 11:13 PM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Default Hi

Just got my new internet access, and I am testing from home...

Belle
Old 11-30-2001, 12:43 AM   #15  
Canadian Chick

Yay Belle! Does that mean you're back with us? Cool!
Closed Thread