I got this question and a few others from an introductory thread on another board:
What are five things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1) I need to exercise. I just need to start.
2) I can't afford to be lazy and not prepare my menu ahead of time.
3) I have to get over myself and stop resenting that I have to count calories and try to look at it as more of a challenge than a burden.
4) I have to stop being lured away from common-sense eating by the promise every get-thin-quick scheme that comes down the pike.
5) I have to understand that not every meal has to be a banquet and that eating lightly the majority of the time makes those splurges feel/taste even better!