Old 05-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #1  

Default Week of 5/7

Hi!!!

Misty, Imitrex never worked for me either. It helps a lot of people though...unfortunately, not either of us The only thing that helped me a lot was actually Vioxx, but they took it off of the market. That day was a sad day in my life. I really think the benefit far outweighed the risk, in my case. Oh well. I had horrible migraines for my 1st and 2nd trimesters, but they're getting a whole lot better. I think they're better now than what they were before I was pregnant. I think your chickies must be adorable!!!!

I started prenatal water aerobics. It's super fun!! We only have it twice a week though. I had it tonight, and my husband and I also went for a 2-mile walk.

I'm embarrassed by how much weight I've gained. All I can say is that I hope I lose it after the baby. I'm currently really motivated to try!!!

My mom is doing LA Weightloss. She's doing great!!! I don't know anything about it, but it is certainly working for her. She has lost about 25 pounds, and she'd like to lose about 30 more. I'm so happy for her!!

I hope your week is starting off well. Have a good one!!
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:03 AM   #2  

Good morning!

I'm glad the headaches are getting better. It must be a hormone thing, the shifting levels and what not. I can pinpoint now almost to the day when I will get my headaches. The second week into my BCP and the Second day of my period. It sucks.

It's good you are active now and conscious of wanting to get back to a healthy weight once you have the baby. Plus, by the time you recover and your little one is ready for stroller walks the weather will be gorgeous, not too hot and not too cold I hope!

I just can't seem to get on plan. You'd think my clothes not fitting, my sister now probably weighing less than me for the first time since she was 5, the fact that my daughter asks questions about my weight, not fitting in the rocking chiar at work would be motivating factors. I am doing that I'll start on Monday, I'll start tomarrow, I'll start at dinner thing.

I have heard mixed reviews on LA weightloss, I guess if you get a good councelor it's ok, some of them can't think outside the box. Like one lady was saying her councelor couldn't figure in how to count chicken pizza. She scolded her for eating and then told her if she has picked the chicken off, she could count the cheese pizza then ate the chicken that would be a protein. Plus I hear they really push thier products which you can find comperable ones cheaper elsewhere. I have heard alot of ladies on the LA board say that they "cheat" by writing down LA such and Such bar, when really they had a kudos or something that was the same thing so thier councelors don't yell at them. But, I guess if you have a decent councelor and can find the products or don't mind buying thiers people have had success. It's all a matter of finding the plan that works for you and one you can live with.

Well I better get going. It's 6, I have to leave by 6:15 and my kids are still in bed!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:10 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies! I'm sorry to hear about your headache woes =( I have headaches as a side effect from the medication I take, but I also take something for them that helps control them. I can't imagine what you both must go through!

Misty - How about starting NOW. That is what I had to do to get back on plan last week.

I went to weigh in at WW and I am down 1.4! It completely paid off to say "I'm starting now and that's it. I'm sick of this!" and I broke my plateau (181) that I'd been at since February!!!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #4  

I'm psyched to say I have 2 job interviews this week (both to teach at private schools). I'm doing a 7th grade demo. lesson tomorrow--I've already had the 1st round there. Then on Friday, I'll be at a different place.

I massively overdid it at Boot Camp last night. Couldn't make it thru the sprints and had to take a pretty long rest. I might skip cardio tonight or just take a mellow walk.

Wish me luck!
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:35 PM   #5  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi all.

I'm starting again tommorow-- Wednesday-- as a part of this challenge that I found online with a group of bloggers. If any of you blog, you might be interested in joining: www.talesfromthescales.org It's just a bunch of bloggers who will weigh in on Tuesdays, and we've all set goals for September.

Now I'm back to scoping out eBay for some new WW books!
AmyMCGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:49 PM   #6  

Hey chicks, just watned to pop in and say hey. I am going to weigh in on Saturday, and then head to my mom's for her mother day, as we have to spend sunday with the outlaws (inlaws). My mom and mil both asked for a carrot cake, so I have a ton of baking to do this weekend, plus I made 2 loaves of amish bread today, it was really hard not to eat, lol. Has anyone tried the flat earth fruit crisps? I LOVE the berry patch and mango peach paradise. They are so much better than eating a cookie. They are sweet and crunchy, so you get the texture thing, and each ounce has 1/2 of a fruit serving. Well, gotta run, holler at ya'll after weigh in Saturday. Have a great week.
Hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:11 AM   #7  

Good Morning Good Morning! Just a quick howdy! I woke up late.

Lori you are right! I will start now.

Mt Dew is killing me. I've been drinking it alot of for the caffiene boost and sugar high at the end of the work day. But now I've started drinking it in the morning too. I need to either cut it or get cans instead of 24 ounce bottles!

Elana-Best of luck on the job interviews!!!!! That is really cool! I hope your lesson went well. What grade/subject are you looking to teach?

Donna-Good luck at the outlaws! Mine live across the street! I have no clue how we are balancing Mother's Day this year. My SIL lost her mom in Jan, and her dad has reamrried already! So I kind of would like to be around to support her. But I also spend like every holiday here with the in laws, so I need to make an appearence at my mom's.

Well I am so late and this is way longer than I planned I better get my butt in gear. Have a great morning!
Old 05-09-2007, 09:08 AM   #8  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistySeptember View Post
Mt Dew is killing me. I've been drinking it alot of for the caffiene boost and sugar high at the end of the work day. But now I've started drinking it in the morning too. I need to either cut it or get cans instead of 24 ounce bottles!
Misty -- Mtn Dew is my weakness. I can give up most foods, but try to take away my Mtn Dew, and watch out! My current plan is to keep all of it in the basement, so that at least when I drink one it has to be a conscious decision to walk all the way downstairs and get one, rather than just grabbing an ice-cold can from the fridge.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!
AmyMCGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:16 AM   #9  

Yesterday was a great day for me! I worked at home in the morning, then went to the doctor Found out I'm doing good, but he is still worried about my hip (been having problems for a while) and so he ordered an MRI. Haven't had it yet. Then I came into work for the afternoon and then I went to my tattoo artist and got more of my left sleeve colored in. It looks GREAT! I'm so happy with it. The same woman did my right sleeve and I get compliments on it all the time. She does AWESOME work. I had a 3 hour sitting this time (last time was 2 and before that was the outline and that was 4 !) and I made it through ok. She saved the elbow for last haha but it wasn't that bad. The inside of the forearm was MUCH worse and she actually didn't finish everything there tonight that she wanted to do. Its the only part left below my elbow that isn't colored in.

Elana - Good luck on the interviews!

Donna - That sounds like a lot of baking! I am going to make my mom and my MIL a loaf of bread each, but I have a bread machine so it isn't really that much work! I got them a few extra things as well.

Misty - Do you drink the Diet Mt. Dew? What about coffee for the caffeine boost instead? You can add a little milk and some sweetener or just a tsp or so of sugar.

Amy - My husband drinks LOTS of Mt Dew and we have it in the house, but I just don't like to drink soda anymore. I had a diet pepsi a couple of weeks ago, and that was the first time I had soda in maybe 6 months!!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #10  

Donna--I have a great carrot cake recipe; it's WW friendly (lf, low sugar) and so tasty anyone would love it. I'll post it later in the day.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #11  

Thanks Elana, can't wait to see the recipe!
Hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:25 PM   #12  

Well, glad I checked this thread again because, of course, I had completely forgotten to look for the recipe. Very hectic day--I taught a demo. lesson then had a de-briefing session w/4 senior staff. In the end, I am not a good fit for the position--it's much more Special Ed. than I want to be (I am certified for Lang. Arts and Special Ed, grades 5-12, but really want to focus on Middle School English).

I do have another interview Friday at another school, plus 2 public school systems have followed up. So things seem pretty active.

Remind me again tomorrow if I don't post the recipe.

Have a good evening...
Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 AM   #13  

I had a great day yesterday. Even went for 2 walks! It is gorgeous out today and I plan on taking advantage of it again today.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:26 PM   #14  

Hi all!

Amy-I love the basement idea!

Lori-Great job on the walks! I am really enjoying this weather! I wish I could have diet Mt. Dew. I get headaches from artificial sweeteners I used to be able to have splenda. That's when I had my biggest weight loss success, but now I can't even chew too much gum b/c most of it is sugar free!

Elana-Sorry to hear that the job wasn't a good fit. Special education is tough. But sounds like you still ahve lots of options.

I am trying to figure out if I should go back for my master's to do speech, but I feel like I didn't really like it much before I'd probably burn out pretty quick. Plus, I had just under a 3.0 in my bachelor's and have no teacher references, and what not so probably can't get into grad school anyway. In NY I'd need a master's in any educational area, to teach here in PA I'd need a master's in speech, which is far more difficult tof ind a program. But, I am close neough to NY I might be able to teach there like I do now.

I'm not sure if I'd even qualify for online schools. But I have had 4 people call me at my other job at the daycare asking if I was the speech therapist! They've asked if tehy could pass my name along ect. AT first I kind of siad no by saying I was really happy where I am and not certified in PA, but now I said sure b/c the alst lady mentioned maybe the IU helping me pay for school!.

Plus, this speech job I am doing now was totally unsolicted, the lady called me out of the blue at my home. So, it's dumb not to go back into teaching and to do that I need a master's. So I don't know. I have two years before my son is goes to school, so I think if I could work on my degree in that time then when he goes to school I'd be able to work full time. Online degrees are so much more readily available now.

Well kids are back inside and DH left so I guess I better get them to bed. Have a great night!
Old 05-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #15  

I've taken 2 graduate educ. courses online--they were both excellent (one was The Skillful Teacher--one of the best classes I've ever taken in any topic in all my years of student life).

You have to make sure to block out time for the studying and posting to the class forum. It 's much easier than shlepping out multiple nights each week for some lecture.