Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2001, 04:03 AM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr olds #145

G'day all,

It is 8 pm Saturdaynight here, goodness knows what time it is at your side of the world but I suspect you are all still asleep

Slavika your Christmas game sounds like fun, I haven't heard of the one you play.

Glenda sorry there was no-one 'talking' yesterday. I am starting to believe you when you said sometime ago that I will be so pleased I had my feet done. I have done a fair bit of walking the past few days and my feet are just great, not quite perfect but getting there. We were out most of the day today, in the past my feet would now be throbbing but they are fine

We went for a drive today to a town called Ballarat, a goldmining town from the good old days. There is a village there re-creating the goldmining days. It was good fun and we did quite a bit of walking.
Tomorrow off to a market near dd's where we will first have morning tea.

I wonder how Ann is enjoying her holiday, I hope the weather is kind to her.

Have a great weekend all
Cheers
Maria
Old 11-17-2001, 01:32 PM   #2  

Maria the goldmining town sounds like fun. Sounds like our Old West. Did you control yourself shopping today? Slavika I have played that game and don't remember how it ended so I am no help whatsoever. We are going to dinner tonight with son and dil to celebrate their 3rd anniversary. She had a miscarriage last weekend. One of these days the fertillity treatments will work. Have to go and get all the craft stuff together. I have my car partially packed and my dh is going to help tomorrow and bring a lot of the display stuff over in his truck. Thank goodness! Have a happy weekend,
Old 11-18-2001, 12:14 AM   #3  
Net browser

Peggy sorry your kids had a miscarriage. I hope next time it works out for them.

We had our son and family over tonight for his "birthday dinner". We had steak and lobster tails and this time we bought the Princess her own 6 oz lobster tail. Well she ate that in about a minute and a half and then wanted us all to share ours with her.
Our son loved the watch we gave him but will have to take in and have some links removed from the bracelet of the watch.

I bought "ANOTHER" artificial Christmas tree today. This one does not have the mini lights on it but the tree is nicer, so we are going to have to return the first one we bought. My DH told me I drive him crazy. Tomorrow we are going to one more spot to look at the Christmas trees, but I'm sure the one I got today I will keep.........well I'm fairly certain. LOL

Maria I bet going through that old gold minning town was interesting. Boy a lot has sure changed since those days. I'm happy your feet are feeling so good.

Night all, talk to you tomorrow.
Old 11-18-2001, 01:12 AM   #4  

G'day all,

Peggy sorry about the miscarriage, hope you had a great anniversary dinner with them. I think it is so nice that our kids WANT to have dinner with us. In my days that was probably the last thing I would have wanted to do on my anniversary Times are so different and I think better in a lot of ways.

Slavika good to hear you have found the Xmas tree you want, well almost You are going to have it for many years to come so I think you should be absolutely certain that you have the right one

The goldmining town was interesting. I spoke to an elderly lady (at least 5 years older than me ) who was part of the 'show'. She said that the women really had a tough time in those days (as did the pioneer women in America and Canada) but that not much is really said about that. It is always the men's endeavors and hardships that one seems to hear of. I said to dh that times really haven't changed that much, in our situation everyone always comments how hard it must be for dh and no-one seems to even think how difficult it is for me at times. DH agrees and he certainly thinks it is the most difficult for me. Interesting how people think.

It has been a rainy, windy day here today. We went to a computer fair and I bought some software 'MasterCook'. I was a little reluctant because it being American and some ingredients will be difficult to get here but I couldn't resist (what's new ). I forget where but I have heard that it is very good. Something else for me to play with

I'll be by myself most of next week, dh going to Sydney and at the weekend he is going to play golf etc. for future s-i-l buck's party, 120 km from here. Should make it easy to keep on track ww wise.

Anyone who knows anything about mastercook, I'd be intyerested to hear.

Cheers all
Maria
Old 11-18-2001, 04:38 PM   #5  
Member Florida Chick

Talking I'm Home and tired!!

Hi all: Home again. We had a wonderful time, lovely weather, and of course with all my resolutions I went over points regularly. Now it is back on the prgram with a 'vengeance'
These cruises just manage to ruin you with wonderful and very elaborate foods, like baked Alaska, Cherries Jubilee, etc. I did manage to walk a nautical mile every day, so hope that helped some. We had some interesting side trips, to some Mayan ruins, to a Mexican folk Dancing revue, and to view underwater beauty and stingrays and fish. Only one day with a little rain, but not enough to cause any problems for anyone. The only unpleasant thing is that we both came back with colds. and much dirty laundry. It will be early to bed tonight. I tried to read all that has happened while we have been away, but my brain is a bit mushy right now, so will talk more tomorrow.

The best thing about a wonderful vacation is coming home.

Ann p.s. Slavika: That game just keeps going round, and with each successive person they have more to choose from. One either chooses a new gift or one that has already been opened. The last person has all the gifts to choose from, or to trade. Very often a favorite gift will go back and forth many times. It is a lot of fun.
Old 11-18-2001, 11:01 PM   #6  
Net browser

Default ....welcome home Ann

Hi Everybody
Ann welcome back. It's sounds like you had a very nice time. Everybody who goes on cruises talks about the "wonderful" food.

We went to my brother/sil's place for dinner today and my nephew and his girlfriend were there. I was talking to them about the "gift exchange game" for Christmas Eve (they will also be at my place) and they explained the rules of the game to me and of course you are right Ann, that's exactly how you play it. It should be great fun.
My SIL made a lovely rib roast for dinner and for dessert a "made from scratch banana cream pie"....that was to die for. I knew we were going to have a big meal last night for my Son's birthday and again today and tried to keep the rest of my meals light but I think I was well over my points today.

The plan was to go to "ONE" more place to look at the Christmas trees today.......and we got all the way out there and they were closed today. I guess they don't open on Sunday's until December. I think I will just keep the second tree I bought.

Trudy did you make the Pumpkin Muffin recipe??

Talk to you all tomorrow. Night.
Old 11-19-2001, 12:11 PM   #7  
Fun Blonde

Slavika - we call that game "Dirty Santa." I think you can have different rules, but we play that the third person who gets a gift has it permanently. It is a really fun game and the more fun if people keep going.

Well, I weighed in Saturday morning. I lost 5 pounds, but since I had binged the week before I think it was just that first week flush. But I am being serious. It is hard to get back into that routine because you know it will take a long, long time before anyone notices. Wouldn't you know that I would get serious 2 weeks before Thanksgiving!

I made some 0 points soup last night from a recipe from a long, long time ago. You put 2 cans of the cheapest asparagus and 2 cans of tomatoes (one with spices) into a blender and blend until smoothe. Then you add 2 small cans of mushrooms and blend a very few seconds, just to mince. This is a creamy soup and you can have it all you want.
Maria - I am so glad you went through the foot surgery. Life will be much sweeter from now on. I remember once in awhile what bunions felt like and I just cringe. I love not having aching feet!
And I believe Lily has Master Cook.
Glenda
Old 11-19-2001, 05:04 PM   #8  

G'day all

A beautiful, crisp morning here. DH left for Sydney at 6.30am and of course I could not get back to sleep. I decided to give a good walk a try. It wasn't too bad, I walked for a little over 40 minutes at a fairly good pace . Resting the feet now before going into town to try on some new underwear for the 'mother-of-the bride' outfit.
I feel I am getting somewhere and I have lost .6 kg. I feel more in control but like you said Glenda lots of challenges ahead. We don't have Thanks giving but I have a number of other challenging functions to attend. I feel very positive I will manage. The soup sounds interesting.

Lily Glenda seems to think you have Mastercook. How do you find it and do you use it a lot? I have installed it on my computer and had a brief look but Canasta games were beckoning and I haven't had a good look yet to find out the many things you are supposed to be able to use the program for.

Ann Pleased you had a great time on your cruise. There is not a great deal else to do on a cruise than enjoy the beautiful food and company

Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria
Old 11-20-2001, 11:20 AM   #9  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Your trip to the goldmining town sounded fun. We have several of them here. Lots of great history. Love to go to them! Yes I have Mastercook. And I love it! It takes a little getting use to at first. Some of the ingredients are loaded with the Raw Nutr. info so you have to find the right one. But you can also add your own ingredients. I have added what I use and you can figure out the Nutr info really easy. Its just good for recipes and figuring the Nutr info on them. I put all my recipes into it and then made a cookbook for my self. I got tierd of digging thru all my clippings. It was a mess! Now I have a nice organize cookbook!

Slavika: I dont know about that game have never played it before. We draw names all the time, and just give to that one person. Makes it easier on the pocket book. As my family is really large and so is DH's. Sounds like you found your tree!

Peggy: So sorry to hear your kids had a miscarriage. Hopefully it will work for them soon.

Ann: Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great vacation! I hear the food on cruises are wonderful.

Glenda: 5 pounds! Good for you! That soup sounds good. I will have to try it.

Well we are going to DH parents for Thanksgiving. Will be back in 4 days. So all that celebrate: Have a Happy Thanksgiving! See you in a few days!
Old 11-20-2001, 02:16 PM   #10  
Conquering with SBD

I've been lurking here for a few months now...mostly in a state of denial. I turned 50 in September, so during that time, really didn't fit with the 40s, but delaying the move to 50s. Well, I'm not denying anymore. Is it OK if I join your group here?
Old 11-20-2001, 05:14 PM   #11  

Thought I'd poke my head in here for a minute to see whats going on. Everyone moving right along I see. Maria so glad to hear that you are back on your feet.

Glenda 5 pounds is great. I always tell my members who try to dicount a big weight drop as just flushing. Weight is weight. I also say any number that gets a minus in front of it is worth the trip.

Ann sounds as thought you had a wondeful time on your trip. i haven't talked to my friend to see how heres went. Will be seeing her tonight.

Sweet Tooth welcome to our group. If you've been lurking for some time you then know that we talk about any thing and everything. Not just weight. More like the lives and times of the 50's and 60's.

Slavika what's cooking at your house. That last recipe you shared the Cheery Cherry Pastries. Has become a favorite in my WW groups.

Made another earth crushing decision. I've decided that I am no longer working a Monday night meeting. The one I've been helping out at is quite large but they are taining in a new receptionist so they should be able to handle it with out me. It's a long way to travel an I am beginning to burn out. So now for the time being I will be working 7 meetings not 8 and hopefully before too long there will be some one to take over two more and then 5 is what I'll do . That will only take 2 days a week and I can have some time to myself. My DH is one happy man. That means 2 nights aweek he'll have company for supper.

I've to run.All of you have a wonderful holiday(american friends) and the rest of you have a wonderful rest of the week.

Karen
Old 11-20-2001, 08:20 PM   #12  
Net browser

Angry .....Welcome Sweet Tooth

Hi Everybody

Welcome Peggy - Sweet tooth it's nice to have someone new join us. Please feel free to post as often as you like.....and like Karen said, we talk about anything and everything.

Glenda congrats on the 5# loss. That is really awesome. Good for you.~~~~~~
I think I will make your soup recipe. I really enjoy soup, especially in the winter months and so does DH.
Maria good for you too, for managing to lose some weight. I went to WW today and was down .4# and was quite happy with that after those two big dinners I had on the week end. Last Saturday when I had the dinner for my Son's birthday I made that "Creamy Cheese Tart" recipe I was telling you gals about that I made the little graham crusts for one other time. Well for my Son's dinner I bought the little chocolate cups you can find in the supermarket these days and put the filling into that. They turned out very nice and I made them today for the gals for tea, and I think they enjoyed them too. If any of you are looking for an attrative dessert to serve over the holidays this would work very well. The filling recipe is as follows:

Creamy Cheese Tarts

8 oz. package of light cream cheese softened
14 oz can of Borden Eagle Brand no fat Condensed Milk
1/3 cup Realemon (Lemon juice from concentrate)

With a mixer beat cream cheese until fluffy, then add the condensed milk and lemon.

No fat Condensed milk = 1100 calories per can or 22 points
Light cream cheese = 6 points
The chocolate cups I bought are 110 calories each or 2 points each. Very nice treat for about 4.5 points.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Put some filling into the the chocolate cups and place in the fridge for at least a couple of hours. Before serving top with two cherries (from lite cherry pie filling) and a mandarin orange slice, or all fresh fruit. This amount of filling would do for approx 14 chocolate cups.
Lily maybe you could just double check my points on this. Thanks.
Karen hi, always nice hearing from you. one of the gals at WW brought this recipe in for us. Trudy and I have both tried it and thought it was a little different for a muffin but tasted not too bad, and the points on it are very low.

Pumpkin Carrot Muffins
Wet Ingred.
1 cup pure pumpkin
2 eggs
4 tbsp. raisins
1 kind of large carrot grated
1 cup crushed pineapple DRAINED VERY WELL
Dry Ingred:
2/3 cup skim milk powder
6 tbsp. flour
3 tsp. pumpkin spice
1 tsp Baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
8 individual paks of Sugar Twin Sweetner or Splenda
{ea. pak has about 1/2 tsp sweetner in it and equals 2 tsp of
real sugar)
Ok...combine the wet and dry ingred together. Spray muffin cups with Pam (do not use paper muffin liners).
Bake 350 for 20 min to 30 min.
Makes 12 muffins.
3 muffins = approx 2 points.

This is a very very moist muffin. Do not keep covered in a tupperware container for any length of time because they really get too moist. I didn't like them warm out of the oven, and some of the gals at WW said they were just "too moist" and tasted raw. It's very important to get ALL the juice out of the pineapple. Give it a try, and let Trudy and I know what you thought. Well I did my share posting and took up tons of room, now it's someone else's turn.
I have the implants done for my teeth tomorrow morning at 8:00. I'll let you know how that went.
Night all.

Last edited by slavika; 11-20-2001 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-20-2001, 08:25 PM   #13  
Super Surfer

Default hi everyone...

Welcome to Peggy sweet tooth .. I can tell you will fit in nicely here, we all have a sweet tooth and just love our desserts.
Karen .. glad to hear you are slowing down a bit. It has to be hard doing all that travelling to the meetings, especially in winter when the roads are slippery.
Lily .. have a nice time with your DH's parents. That is nice you can get away for the 4 days. Happy Thanksgiving.
Maria ...the scale is going in the right direction for you. I like the way you think... new underwear for the mother of the bride..you will feel wonderful at the wedding. So good to hear you are back to walking, this will help with the weight loss.
Glenda Way To Go! 5 lbs down is a great boost for the ego. Don't give it any names, a loss is a loss. The soup sounds really good, I will certainly try it.
Ann .. sounds like a good cruise. You sure did a lot in a week.
Peggy .. so sorry about your DIL miscarriage. I sure hope it works for them soon. Have fun at your craft sale.
Slavika and I went to WW today and then to Tea.. we had a really nice time. I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning Slavika..good luck!

Does anyone here use BearShare for music downloads? I am having trouble with it and need HELP!!

Talk to you all tomorrow...
Old 11-20-2001, 08:53 PM   #14  

G'day all,

Firstly Welcome to Peggy (sweet tooth) you say you have been lurking so you probably know us better than we know you . For me this group is one of the few consistent things in my life, none of them probably realise how important their friendship is to me.

Trudy Great minds think alike, both posting about the same time, though it is only lunch time here. I don't know about the music download site you mentioned. I haven't bothered since Napster went defunct.

Slavika I'll be sending lots of positive vibes from 'down under' for your implant procedure tomorrow. Well done with the weight loss.

Lily thanks for the feedback of Master Cook. It sounds good. My problem is that I have so many cookbooks (if I have made one recipe out of each one, I'd be doing well ). I always forget what is in which one so this way I could try them out and then enter them in the Master cook data base. Of course it is difficult to do any serious cooking whilst living away from home but I could add recipes that I come across whilst living away.

Yesterday I went to find new underwear for my 'mother-of-the bride' outfit. I had the nicest person assist and she fully understood where I was coming from. After trying on lots of different bra's etc. I did try on a bodysuit which was superb. I kept thinking of, I think it was Peggy who had all sorts of problems with crotch hook and eyes. So I practiced quite a few times putting the whole thing on and then the hook and eye feature I then put on my outfit and it just looked great, very streamlined So I now feel very happy with the outfit and the whole look. What a relief!
Now for the shoes and a small handbag and I am set!

Beautiful sunny day, time for another walk!

Cheers all
Maria
Old 11-20-2001, 09:59 PM   #15  
Member Florida Chick

Thumbs up Sniffle and sneeze!

Hi all; Welcome Sweet tooth. This is a very good group, and we feel very comfortable with each other. They took me in a while back, and we do talk about just about anything on our minds.

Slavika: Be thinking about you and your implant surgery. I'm sure all will go well. Thank you for the new recipes. Will give them a try.I'm the one elected to make dessert for our Thanksgiving meal.
I'd like to try something new. Apple, Mince and pumpkin pie is what everyone seems to want. I like to experiment.
When we travel to Canada in the summer, I always buy sugarTwin sugar substitute, expecially the brown sugar. I seem to have good luck using that(sodium cyclamate) Can't buy it in the States. We only have saccahrin. Now I do like Splenda.I like to make sugarfree apple pie using the brownsugar sub. and golden delicious apples. Takes very little 'sugar' and tastes good. I also get a pastry spice mixture in Canada that I like very much.

Karen: Glad to hear you are not going to be working so hard. 8 meetings is a lot! I'm sure your dh will be glad.

Congratulations to all of you and weight loss. As long as there is a minus sign. great. I really don't want to weigh in on Sat. I know that I gained 1.75# on the cruise. But now that we are both sick with these colds we aren't eating much, so maybe I'll lose it.

Maria: Glad you found the right under garment and that it gives you the sleek look. And you are doing lots of walking. Great.

Glenda: How is the toe?

Sorry can't speak to eveyone, I'm going to get booted off. So the best to you all, and have a Happy Thanksgiving all of you in the U.S. and just a lovely day for my cyber friends in Canada and Down Under. Ann
Closed Thread