Old 05-08-2007, 04:03 PM   #31  

Hello, ladies. How is everyone?

Before I catch everyone up, I havea favor to ask. I can't find the part of my WW literature that lists goal weights. I know that my maximum weight for my height is 130 (at least I've always thought it was) -- can someone tell me what the weight range is for someone who is a woman, and 5'3"? I'd prefer the number from the "old" system, before last year's change, but if you guys only have the "new" numbers (the change they introduced last year), can you tell me what my "new" daily points and flex points total would be? I have no literature on the "new" version.

Now, for the catch up: First of all, thank you everyone for the good wishes -- I did enjoy my vacation, even if I was exhausted through most of it. Last week was rough -- between going to the doctor, the grocery store, getting my car serviced and moving offices, I was either out at lunch, working through lunch to make up the difference, ro without my work computer. But I'm back now. Last week was very hard, I was fall down exhausted all week -- but I have been under a lot of stress these last two weeks, and I'm starting to feel like a human being again (more rested.) I gained .6 last week, which is fine, considering that I was on vacation for four days in Phoenix, so half a pound is fine. Other than that, I'm okay. Yeah, just okay. The best news so far this week is that my Dad will be in San Diego for work for a week, not this week, but next week, and he invited me to come spend the weekend with him, like the little Daddy-Daughter vacation trips that we used to take together when I was a kid. He's generously paying for my airfare and my hotel room, and I am most definitely looking forward to it. I'm arriving Friday at 4 pm, and returning at 10 pm Sunday. I think it will be a blast.

Princess: Sorry about your weight gain. it's temporary, you can knock it down again! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the nice weather.

Judy: It's important to recognize the way your body and metabolism are changing, and how that affects your weight loss. Keep going at it, and don't beat yourself up about past mistakes; learn from them, and move on. Beating yourself up about it is pointless, and accomplishes nothing. Move on, move forward, move downward. You can, and what's more, YOU WILL. I am behind on my goal for the year (by about 3 pounds :eep: but if I have to adjust my goal, I will -- I just focus on my overall trend being downward. If it takes me a while, that's okay -- I WILL get there, and so WILL you.) Okay, I got carried away with the capitalization, but as you can imagine, I am emphatic about this. Re brunch: I think your idea is delicious and healthy. Good job! Did you have fun on your long weekend?

Well, ladies, back to work. Have a good afternoon!
Bandit -- you can go back to losing, but it may take going back to working out and staying OP. Whatever it takes, I have faith that you can do it. Sorry about the madness with your DD being hope, but I am sure it is nice to have her around, isn't it?
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:24 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Hump Day!

Morning all... not much new here... starting a new Pilates class this evening, it is a step up from my last one but all in all that makes Pilates four times a week for the next two months... may be too much but will have to wait and see.

Ariana: I think I have the info that you need but I did not bring it with me today... I will have to dig around for my older book... the new one is based on age, height, current weight and sex M/F... my DH gets like 40 points a day with the new program... and I ended up getting less... not fair but the way it is none the less... Are you looking for what your goal weight range is or your point range? I believe I have the info for both. Glad you had a great time on vacation, too cool that you are going to spend the weekend with your dad...

All: How is everyone else doing?

I will check back later on.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:53 PM   #33  

Ladies: Just checking in. Not much is new. They are anticipating that it will get to be 100 degrees this weekend. Blech.

Princess: Re your pilates class: You may be surprised at what you can do. Re points and weight values: I want to know what my weight range is supposed to be under the old plan (I'm 5'3"); I know my point range on the old plan. If no one has the info on the old plan anymore, then I'd like to know what my new weight range and point range are on the new plan, and if you could tell me what the important differences are, so that I "do it right." Thank you.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #34  

Ariana: I will bring my book with me tomorrow and send you the info... sorry to ask but how old are you? I believe the old plan goes by gender, age and height but I may be wrong. Anywho... I will bring both the new and old book with me tomorrow so that I can give you all the info you need...

No major changes in the plan with the exception that they changed how the points are calculated... men seem to get more and women get more or less depending on their height... I would imagine that you may get one less based on your height... that is what happened to me... I am just under 5'7 and women have to be above that to stay the same as the old plan or even to get additional points. Do you use the points slide to figure out your points on new food items? if so, do you use the newer slide? The one that will only go up to 4 grams of fiber instead of the old way that went up to like 8 or 10 (but that was years ago so you most likely use the newer model of the pointsfinder slide.

I will be back in the morning to get you the info!
Susan
Old 05-09-2007, 06:51 PM   #35  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
I'm back and exhausted. It's like coming home to old friends to read your posts. I had a wonderful time and will write more tomorrow.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:08 AM   #36  

Ariana: I am so sorry... I forgot to bring my books with me today... I will try and remember to put them in my bag tonight that way I won't forget them tomorrow... I apologize.

Judy: Welcome home! Glad you had a good time!
Old 05-10-2007, 08:55 AM   #37  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Dear Turtles,
I'm heading away for another long weekend. I'm going to start a new thread and wish us all well. You guys are the greatest. :
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote