Old 04-01-2007, 08:07 AM   #1  

Default Week of April 1

April???!!! What the heck...where did March go?

Well, I sat down last night and decided to get back on track as of 5 pm. I like running my days from 5pm-5pm. Not really sure I want my weeks to start and end on Saturday, but I can change that.

My house is trashed today. I need to do some serious cleaning and I have some computer work to do for both of my jobs. My kids have gotten up at 7 all weekend! Can't drag them up at 7:30 during the week. I am so tired I really needed to sleep in. DH did take them outside last night so I could rest as I had an awful headache. So that was nice.

My poor cat. She is a long hair tortiseshell and all of a sudden she's going bald! It could be anything from fleas to stress to allergies. We've moved her cat box, changed the brand of litter (to one we've used before but it's been like a year) and it's spring so fleas come out. I gave all of the animals advantage last night hoping to curb any fleas before we see any signs of them. So I am hoping the hair loss is an easy fix. I don't know when I am supposed to take her to the vet. I know it's my responsibility, but he's only open two days a week, someone borrowed my cat carrier and never returned it, and taking her to the vet makes all her hair fall out b/c she freaks, so it kind of defeats the purpose. Plus, we found out that the eye dr, and half or more of the services provided by the hospital during my sons eye exam under anest. are not covered by ins...even though the hospital is and teh dr works out of that hospital with an office actually in that hospital and you can't pick a different anastesiologist b/c that is who that hospital uses. So we have to pay for all of that! This new ins is AWFUL! So I can't really afford a huge vet bill right now. She's not completley bald, but her hair is reallly, really thin and feels dry and rough along her hind quarters, where usually it's thick and fluffy and soft. She was fine just a few days ago!

Everything kind of adds up at once. Well I am off to find some WW breakfast ideas that I can take along. I am also hunting for lunches and snacks. I need protable stuff taht keeps well. I found some really good 1 point tortilla sheels, the are HUGE and yummy and kind of rectangular so the make excellent wraps. SO I am hunting for wrap ideas. Then I guess I better clean Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #2  

Misty, your poor kitty! My friends cat has hair problems like that, and they found out she was allergic to the carpet fresh stuff, something about the perfume.
I found the whole wheat tortillas at walmart are only 1 point, and i use them and eggs or egg substitiute to make a low point breakfast burrito. I also like the new fiber one granola bars, they have like 9 grams of fiber per bar, and are 3 points. The peanut butter ones are the bomb!
Hope you find some good recipes and ideas. Have a great week!
Hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #3  

Oh, Misty! I'm so sorry to hear about your cat! I've never heard of such a thing. It seems logical that it would be an allergy of some kind though. Maybe a vet could give you a bit of advice over the phone??? That also sucks about your son's appointment. Doesn't seem fair, does it?

Donna, good finds on low point foods!

We went to a couple of movies this weekend--Meet the Robinsons and Premonition. Meet the Robinsons was not nearly as good as I expected. I think kids would like it, so that's all that matters. Premonition was kind-of creepy. It's not my type of movie, but I bet others like it.

I've been cleaning too much, and now my back is sore. I'm hoping it's a temporary thing!!

I'm kind-of jealous of my husband. He's out playing softball with some friends. I seriously have no friends around here. Sure, I could go with him and watch, but what fun would that be??? Being 6.5 months pregnant, sitting in the dark in the 45 degree temperature watching a bunch of overweight guys try to play softball as if they were still 20. Thanks, but no thanks. So, instead, I sit and sulk about being here alone. Oh well. At least I'm warm.

Have a good week. I hope your April is starting out wonderfully!
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:00 PM   #4  

Hi all!!!!

Steph-I know what you mena about not having friends. We live across the raod from my inlaws, my only neighbor that was my age moved away. When I complain about being stuck in the house DH invites me to go out to the barn of heiffer shed with him. YEE HAW!! It's better now that I work, but overall it sucks! So I hear ya GIRL!

It was a HORRIBLE day at work. I worked at preschool and the daycare. Preschool was good but I had this one kid in the afterschool program that was having trouble with his homeworka nd he was yelling at me and stuff so I said calmly and soothingly, "Just put it away for now" well he spent the next hour and a half going "Miss Misty, Miss Misty, I'll do it now I won't yell Miss Misty Miss Misty" I tried a few more times to help and he just wouldn't listen to me, he'd get mad and yell or scribble all over his paper. He got it in his head that it was too hard and he couldn't do it. So I said to him I haev tried to help you, ask another teacher or put it away. He kept saying Miss MIsty Miss Misty, I mean non stop like a broken record! Nobody offered to help me, two otehr teachers where there. PLUS, I had to do a craft with ALL the kids hwen the atferschool kids are my job and nobody offered to help with that! They needed baskets for thier party tomarrow...which I won't even be there for!

I am so glad to be home!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #5  

Well, another week, another weigh in, and.... I am 4.2 pounds lighter this week!! I have lost 9.2 pounds in the past 2 weeks on the program!! I am so proud and excited for myself. Dh got me weight watcher candy and new make up for easter, which I thought was nice. I picked out the make up, he picked out the candy, lol. I made the 2 nephews, the 12 yr old SIL, DH, and the 2 little ones I babysit easter baskets, and was not tempted to eat any candy while doing it!! i made sure and included not just candy for the kiddos, but stuff they can do outside, like sidewalk chalk, bubbles, kites. stuff like that to burn off the sugar high, lol. Well, hope everyone has a great Easter!!
hugs,
Donna
Old 04-07-2007, 07:30 AM   #6  

Good Morning!!

GREAT JOB DONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year I gave my kids about 5 peices of candy and a bunch of outdoor stuff. They LOVED IT! You can find all kinds of cool stuff this time of year. Plus every year they get a large chocolate rabbit...not huge, but one of those Hollow Ones with the funky colored eyes. But I don't let them eat it. My daughter has gotten the same rabbit for three years!!!! I just hide it in the cupboard and give it to her the next year, DS's was recycled twice. But a mouse nibbled on them this year, so I had to toss them. This year they'll get a few peices of candy and a bunch of stuff they needed or were going to get anyway, bathing suits, a couple dvds, a couple small toys, and fishing poles, bobbers, and bait (fake worms).

When I was a kid my dad was in one of his health nut phases. I kid you not I got banana chips, other dried fruit, nuts, raisins and dried soy beans in my basket!

My sister is coming from NC today. I'm meeting her at my mom's. She had WLS and has lost like 87 pounds. She's only 20 pounds away from passing me. I am excited to see her.

Well HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #7  

Misty, that's too funny about the "recycled bunnies"! I remember when Summer used to post with us! Tell her I said hi. I am gettign ready to run to the store and get the rest of the stuff to make my bunny cake. The kids should like it tommorow at Mom's, and I am making a german chocolate for Dh's family. I am so tired already, lol! Well, gotta run, have a great Easter!
Hugs,
Donna
Old 04-08-2007, 09:02 PM   #8  

I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!!

Congrats on the weight loss, Donna! Yeah!
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote