Old 03-28-2007, 08:57 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #180 Bale of Turtles Moving Forward!

We are the Turtles Group here at www.3fatchicks.com.
We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:06 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
It was time for a new thread. I'm heading to WW's WI in a few minutes, but I wanted to chime in and respond before I do that.

Kerri,
So glad you were determined to get back to your signature weight. Smart move not to tinker with those numbers and to get your weight where you wanted it. Now onward and downward for us all!

Princess,
TOM really stinks, but you always recover and do well. I know your
days are coming up, so have a wonderful time!

Bandit,
So glad you're back on track. I know what you mean about needing to see the scale go into the minus again. You're putting your mind into it and getting exercise, so the minus numbers are in your immediate future!

Ariana,
Hey, good luck on your next date. This is very good news and we're all pulling for you. I like your insight on self-image and the clothes you bought.
First of all, with all your exercising, I'm sure you are building dense muscle tissue which weighs more than fat. I know a couple of people whose weight is astounding--much more than you'd ever guess--because they exercise vigorously. They appear slim and are slim, so I think some of that is going on with you. Also, we're really critical about how we look, but here's a for the exercise and commitment to staying on track. You are really closing in on your goal weight. Sometimes our friends are surprised at how we look "all of a sudden" because they notice the last weight loss we've had that makes a difference. Then they tell us to stop losing weight because they are not used to seeing us like that. It's okay. They'll get over it! LOL.

Okay, enough rambling. I'm heading out to WW's. Wish me luck. :
Judy
234.6/215.4/thinner into onederland
Old 03-28-2007, 09:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Hump Day!

OMG... I am so excited... this time next week I will be on a plane to Hawaii!!!! I can hardly sit in my chair at work long enough to get anything done... I know my boss is thinking that I am a nut and not a very productive nut to boot! Oh well... as my DH likes to say, this is a once in a life time for us and we are going to enjoy it... before, during and after the trip... all the way!

Ariana: I am so thrilled for you, the wieght loss, the new clothing, the new guy, everything is just awesome! Best wishes and keep us posted as I am naturally nosey and love to hear all the details!

Judy: Good luck at W/I, I know you will do great! Thanks for keeping us on track with the new threads... you rock!

Bandit: I hear ya! We get some warm days then a few chilly ones, mother nature is tempting us I think! Great job being on track and working out... I have been working out as much as possible this week also, I just plain have to do it every week or I gain... I feel great when I do it also so that is an added bonus.

Kerri: How is the weather down your way? How are you doing staying on plan?

I have to run but will stop back by on my lunch break.
Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #4  
Chick

Dear Turtle Friends,
Today in WW's my leader gave us all two "bravo" stars. One to keep because she is so proud of us for continuing to come to our meetings. One to give away to the person who untangles us from the web of self-doubt and who encourages us to keep on keepin' on even when the going gets tough.
I'm sending all of you, Ariana, Bandit, Kerri, and Princess, a bravo star through cyber-space because you really do help me get and stay on track.
I lead a confusing and complicated life. Let's face it, I'm in my mid-sixties and still haven't been able to lose weight and keep it off even though I've gotten down to 130-140 three times in my life. To do that I had to lose over 60 pounds and once I did it, I let it all creep back on. Sooooo, to my turtle buddies who never let me down: Ariana, Bandit, Kerri
and Princess. You guys are the best!

At WW's today I lost a true 2#.
Love,
Judy
234.6/213.4/thinner into onederland
Old 03-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #5  

Default Great job Judy!

That is just too great!!! 2 lbs is awesome!

Thanks for the star... I agree, I would not make it thru most weeks if I did not come here each day.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:23 PM   #6  

Ladies: Good afternoon. How is everyone? This week has been stressful and exhausting. I have been working 7-5 T/Th and 7-6 M/W/F to earn some OT, and avoid working on Saturdays. It is hard getting up early and I am cranky and tired during the day, but I am hoping I will adjust. I need my weekends to preserve my sanity. It just means I am looking forward to Friday even more. I will be Princess #2, declaring Friday as a day of celebration.

Well, as far as WI is concerned, I maintained for the second week in a row. It's better than gaining, but...it has me re-evluating my strategy. I'm at 151.8 pounds right now, less than 2 pounds away from the next point bracket (20 instead of 22 each day.) I think I'll start Monday with the lower point bracket, and see if that helps. It will mean cutting in certain places, but I'll work on it. I probably should also start counting points on the weekend, which I am usually loathe to do. :O But I will do what I have to get the rest of the way. I want a flat (or flatter) stomach and smaller thighs (and clearer skin.) Other than that, I'm happy with pretty much everywhere else on my body, which is itself a revelation.

Princess: Thank you! We are going on date #3 this weekend. Your vacation will come soon, although I know it's not soon enough. ;D I am excited too, I'll keep you posted on my life. I am jealous -- can I go to Hawaii too?

Bandit: Funny. The nice weather is here in Phoenix. Cool but not cold, nice and mellow. I love it. I am glad you are back on track. I understand your frustration with maintaining. If you are back on track, that might be what you need. Good luck!

Judy: Thank you. I am excited about this potential relationship. I think that a part of WL that we often forget is purely psychological, when it comes to our self-image. I wore my new workout clothes yesterday at the gym, and I felt nearly naked, they were so close fitting, but I looked good, slim from the front (when I bend over my stomach looks much bigger, which made me feel uncomfortable -- but spin shorts are wholly unforgiving, but they are very comfortable and much cooler for the hot months to come.) It's very true that people with more muscle look skinnier than their actual weight -- I have a virtual image projection (www.myvirtualmodel.com, I think), that predicts what I will look like after each 20 pounds. I already look much skinnier than the virtual model does at 150 pounds, but I exercise a lot. I actually found your remarks quite insightful as well. I think you're right, people naturally resist change, and a friend losing a lot of weight is change too. They'll cope. Thank you for the bravo star! That is so sweet. And congrats on your WL!

Anyway, back to work! Have a good weekend ladies (in case I don't get to talk to you tomorrow.)
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #7  

Default Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Oh yes, it has finally arrived... and not a moment too soon. I am really trying to enjoy the anticipation of going on this trip and not wish my time away but I am so excited that it is hard to not wish the days away. Sunny here today but it is supposed to rain all weekend and get cooler...

Youngest DS is on spring break as of the end of school today, he is taking my car (I have his since it is less reliable) and going to spend this weekend with his grandmother up north... It sounds bad but I am happy that it will just be DH and I this weekend... I asked him to take me to a movie, I need a mental break and I hear that the movie Wild Hogs is very very funny and I think that 2 hours worth of a good laugh is worth the 10 bucks or whatever they are charging for a movie ticket these days.

Ariana: Yup, you should be able to fit into my suitcase so, yes, you can come with us =) I know how you feel about the clothing, everytime I buy new exercise things I have a mental battle with myself and I always head back to the larger sizes out of habit... then realize that they are too big and go to the other rack. Have a great time this weekend!!!

Judy: What are your plans for the weekend?

Bandit: How about you? Any big plans this weekend?

Kerri: How are those water classes coming along?

Susan
Old 03-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #8  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
We're doing great! Good luck to us all.
I am heading to another party on Sunday. My dh and I will be alone on Saturday and we've got to think of something fun to do. I've got tiny sirloin steaks for dinner and will have a salad and veggies to round out the yummy meal. Right now I've got a small turkey loin in the oven along with veggies and sweet potatoes to roast. I can't wait for dinner!
Best wishes to you all!
Princess: enjoy the fun with your dh
Ariana: Have a great date
Kerri: enjoy the weekend
Bandit: what do you have planned? Do you still WI on Saturdays?

to us all!
Judy
Old 03-31-2007, 09:14 PM   #9  
Kerri

S/C/G: 222/204/146

Height: 5"3"

Judy , I am so glad to see how close to onederland you are..I can remember like it was yesterday, How I felt and it was awesome.......

Susan, We are still quite warm here....Water exercise is still great a couple of times a week.....and fun...

I am getting nervous about next week-end....I do not want to over eat and at my DDinlaws we eat and eat.....working hard to stay on target...

Hugs to you all.......
kerriscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:27 AM   #10  

Default Happy Monday

Morning all!

W/I went well on Saturday, down 3.2 lbs... I will take it! DH and MIL and I went to see Wild Hogs over the weekend... it was a great movie and just what I needed... I laughed so hard at some points that I thought I have going to have to run to the bathroom. Great movie, highly recommend it, there were a few areas in the middle that it slowed down a bit and it was predictable but for those of us over 40 it was all too familiar and very funny. If you go see that movie make sure that you don't leave before the credits roll as there is a part that continues as the credits are rolling and well worth staying for.
I had a diet coke and a soft pretzel rather then popcorn, etc. The pretzel came in a wrapper with the nutritional information on it and I just about fell over when I read it... that pretzel was 9 points! But I think it was the best choice available and we went to a late afternoon showing (4:50) so I basically just used that as my supper and had a snack later on when I got home.

How was everyone's weekend?

DH and I are bouncing off the walls with anticipation for our trip... we are eagerly waiting for Wednesday to get here.

Susan
Old 04-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #11  

Default Farewell for now =)

I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone and I will talk to you all next week when I get back and have a chance to get on line again.

Have a great week and stay on track!
Susan
Old 04-03-2007, 01:47 PM   #12  
Chick

Hi Princess,
I kept getting bounced off 3fatchicks this morning. I hope this catches you in time before you travel. Have a wonderful time! You actually earned this trip and deserve it. Let us know all about it.
Love,
Judy
Kerri, thanks for the encouragement. I've had a couple of food problems and I'm working through them. I have to keep my eye on the prize.
Good luck and : to us all!
Judy
Old 04-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #13  

Hello, ladies. What a crazy, crazy week. I have basically run myself straight into the ground with this OT, and my latest efforts to work the time early in the morning were the straw that broke the camel's back. I left work after 45 minutes on Monday, and went home and back to bed. I tried to go back to my normal SOP Tuesday, but I found myself getting very aggravated with things that normally wouldn't bother me, and it just kept getting worse -- it culminated in raised voices (not shouting, but louder than normal) over something that didn't warrant raised voices. I decided that I was exhausted, and Monday had not been enough, but I couldn't afford to keep missing work. So I have been going home each night and "messing around" as little as possible before going to bed. I haven't worked out since last Thursday (I usually do M-Th). I am feeling a little better everyday, not good, but better. I plan to take the rest of the week off, and go back to working out next week. I also have a new strategy for OT that cuts off my Friday nights, but doesn't make me stay up any later or get up any earlier. This is my last attempt at an OT strategy that I can live with. If that doesn't work, I'm just going to throw in the towel, and I'll pay off my credit cards some other way. I don't want to do that -- it would slow down my CC payments A LOT, but one thing at a time. The first thing I need to do is get back into shape physically, in terms of being well rested.

To my great surprise, I lost 1.8 pounds this week, after basically maintaining all throughout March. I wonder if my body was not processing as efficiently because I was so exhausted, and now that I'm feeling better, it's back into gear. I really don't know. I may gain it all back next week because I haven't worked out all week, but honestly, I have to get well -- and I am so tired that I was suffering visual distortions (my monitor, text, would blur in front of my eyes) and I was getting dizzy, in addition to the emotional symptoms. This is the same, if not worse, than contracting an actual disease, at least the cure is easy.

On a personal note, I am going on date #4 this weekend (hopefully) with my hopefully-soon-to-be-SO.

Nothing else is really new. Recovering from exhausting myself. Hopefully I'll be well again by the end of the week. And dating is going well. But that's it.

Princess: Thank you! I am excited about the dating possibilities too. I don't think it's bad to want to have time along with your DH. You love your DS very much, but everyone needs their space. I love my family and spending time with them, but when I go home for extended vacations (longer than 3 or 4 days), I bring my sewing machine and hide out in my room periodically, just to recharge. Re fitting in your suitcase -- SWEET! I am going to Hawaii! Congrats on your WL! I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. My new thing for the movies is a See's sucker (about 1 point, or 1.5 point each, and if you don't bite it, it lasts a long time), and a kid popcorn special (my theater has a small serving of popcorn, a small drink.) It's amazing how the little stuff (like a pretzel) can be so bad for you...I think that's one of the most important things we can learn from WW, that food appearances can be deceiving, and it's important to look at fat, fiber and calories, so that we can make educated decisions -- not to say that we can't eat our favorite "bad" foods, but we have to understand the trade-off's -- eat a pretzel now, just have a snack later instead of dinner... Anyway, I hope you had a great trip! Tell us all about it when you get back!

Bandit: Our nice weather has come and gone. It's already getting uncomfortably hot. Has it gotten any nicer out there, for you?

Judy: How was your sirloin dinner? Sorry you keep getting bounced off the website. Although your last comments were addressed to Kerri, I'm going to chime in -- we all have problems with food, we can all beat them, and keep your eyes on the prize -- remember, it's not that you "want to" lose the weight, or even that you "can", but that you WILL do it!

Kerri: How did your weekend go?

Anyway, back to work, ladies, write when you get a chance. Sorry I was gone for so long -- but you already know how unwell I was feeling, it was all I could do to keep up.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #14  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
We're pretty quiet here, but with Princess in Hawaii with dh and Ariana overdoing OT and needing healing time, and with me spending an awful lot of time helping dd with her house, it's understandable.

Ariana, have a great time with your date. I hope it all goes well and this turns into a SO. What fun! Feel better, be glad for the : and take the $ situation in stride. Instead of working OT (which seems to be really getting to you) can you cut expenses a little? I know all of this is hard, but you're doing great and your body told you to take a time out and readjust. You'll be fine.

Bandit, how goes everything?

Kerri, how are you doing?

I'm having eating troubles again, but it's all emotional. Too many pulls on my time and energy and a lackluster feeling about myself right now. I have to fight this and get on track.

: to you all. Have a good weekend and Happy Easter and chime in when you can.
Judy
Old 04-09-2007, 03:32 PM   #15  

Afternoon ladies. Yes, we are extraordinarily quiet lately, but a lot has been going on, as Judy mentioned, I was recuperating, Princess is in Hawaii and Judy is helping out her daughter.

I had a great date with my hopefully-SO (who I'll refer to my hopefully-SO as M). I made dinner for M (Veggie enchiladas, 4.5 points a serving, light ceasar salad (about 2 points a serving), sliced apples and some wine; I made fat free brownies (no pudge brand) for dessert, with fat free cool whip and
blackberries. It was delicious, if I do say so myself. Also, M is trying to lose weight too, and so I'm encouraged ot eat healthier even in dating situations, which is wonderful.

We had rented Sarah Silverman's stand up movie "Jesus is Magic", but neither of us found it funny, and we ended up turning it off and talking, cuddling and kissing on the couch. It was very sweet, and wonderful.

On Sunday, my friend cancelled our breakfast date, so I hung out around the house, made lasagna (veggie lasagna, 5 points), wrote, caught up with my Mom and sister and quilted. I also worked for about two hours in the afternoon, but I worked from home, so it was easy to walk away when I got tired and frustrated. All in all, a very relaxing Sunday, and a wonderful weekend. How was your weekend?

Judy: I had a great time with my date. I have two or three other opportunities in the wings, but things are going so well with M that I've decided the other opportunities have two weeks to turn into something, and after that, I am asking M to officially be exclusive. I am happy about the WL, but I think it entirely likely that it will all be back this week after a week of rest. But maybe not, maybe that's what my body needed, and maybe it will stay off. We'll see. It's back to working out this week, I'm starting to get twitchy when I try to go to sleep, a sure sign of excess energy in me. I am trying to cut expenses too, but unfortunately, lately, there have been some big but unavoidable expenses, mostly in the clothing department. I've been wearing a lot of stuff for years, like my workout clothes, and I've lost so much weight that it doesn't really fit anymore. Also, the OT brings in more a month than I could save. Still, it's not worth making myself sick either. So I have one last OT schedule which hopefully will not wear me out, and if that doesn't work, then I will give up on it entirely. I am sorry you are having eating troubles. What triggers your eating? Is it stress? If so, make sure you're working out. Take some time for yourself to relax, and do the things that make you feel calm and centered. That should help. Or is it something else? We are here for you, and we have confidence in you!