3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Week of March 12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/106924-week-march-12-a.html)

Jen 03-12-2007 05:10 AM

Week of March 12

Hi all. I know everyone has been very busy with everything but this forum has been super quiet lately. Feel like I am talking to myself a lot! If there are people out there lurking please feel free to join in the any of the threads or discussion. At present I am pretty much decided to just finish up the walk thread and the first day of spring thread and then I am probably not going to be on-line much. Just doesn't seem to be much interest in this group right now.

Hope everyone is well. Take care.

MistySeptember 03-12-2007 09:52 PM

Yeah it's kind of a bummer. But I know what you mean. I am sorry I am not here much. Seems liek you and I are always the last ones hanging on to a thread...that's what happened last time too. Hopefully we'll get some new folks and some old freinds coming on.

I haven't been putting much effort into my weight loss either. I got out my WW stuff today and went baack on points. My life is going to be hectic and crazy at least until June. I am spread so thin right now, I am barley keeping my head above water. We'll see what summer brings. I did go buy a new scale. I need to get back on track. I bought some good food to have for lunch and stuff. Hopefully that will help.

I'll try to make the effort to check in at least once a day. I'm also going to try to get back into my treadmill.

Well It's 10 pm, DH is yelling at the kids b/c he is trying to us ethe bathrooma nd they are running in and out of teh bathroom and both kids are tired and crying and it's nuts!

Have a good night.

Jen 03-15-2007 11:04 PM

Hey Misty. I know things are busy at your end as well. You know I enjoy chatting with you of course but it seems to me the point of this is to get all kinds of people involved and it is too bad that a lot of people have dropped out for whatever reason. I'll probably be mostly on-line when I have free time at work as I think I'll be busy over the summer when I'm off work with painting and gardening and so on. How is the new job coming? I hope things are a bit more positive since you last posted about it. I've been slacking off a lot this week, it is march break and I have the whole week off. I did get in my exercise tonight, first time in about a week I think. Also my husband and I are going a plan called Master Cleanser. It is a detoxifying cleanse, you've probably heard of it, a mix of fresh lemon juice, water, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. It doesn't taste quite as bad as it sounds! Dh is doing it because of all the health problems he's been having. I think I've talked about these before. After his last round of tests nothing is coming up that they can diagnose. So he's kind of wondering if this will help. One of his co-workers and his wife did it and it helped a lot. I posted about it on the 100lbs club forum and one woman said that it really helped with her IBS which is something he has problems with as well. Anyway it can't hurt. We are going to do it for 10 days. I wasn't going to do it but after looking at the books his co-worker lent us I think it would be a good thing for me to do as well. It will definately kick start my weight loss. Take care and hope things are looking up!

MistySeptember 03-17-2007 09:51 AM

The job sucks. I can stick it out for 14 weeks. AT which point I would have to enroll in college courses in order to cintinue any way. But I think I can make it until the end of the school year.

Do you have any more info on the cleanse thing? I think I have IBS and it's really bad latley. I eat something and WHAM within minutes I am in pain and I have to run to the bathroom. It's awful. I am afraid to eat at work or when we are out. What exactly do you have to do? Do drink just that thing for 10 days and nothing else? It actually sounds very simialr to the concotion the Dr wanted my sister to do for a fast, when she did that weightloss program before having surgery.

I've gone back to doing WW at home on my own. I've lost 2 pounds so far this week. Monday is my offcial weigh in day. It sucks b/c like every otehr day they are doing some lunch at work for some coworker and asking us to chip in $5. I can't eat pizza without the whole IBS thing, plus 1 slice of pizza is not worth $5. But there are only like 9 of us so I think if I didn't do it I would stand more than if there were more of us, you know? We did tacos the otehr day b/c that was that lady's favorite food. I had one teent taco (1/4 cup of meat 1 shell, 1 tbs of cheese) and it was 6 or 7 points. Plus it cost me $5. It sucks.

With the new job I feel like I am running ragged trying to keep up on being with the kids, taking care of the house, getting ready for the next day ect. I have been going to bed at 7:30 or 8, I get up at either 5 am or 6:30. So I don't know where to squeeze exercise in. But I do feel better having stuck to my poaints all week.

Well haev a good weekend. Perhaps we can keep in touch via email or something.

Jen 03-17-2007 03:07 PM

Hi Misty. You can go to the web site www.therawfoodsite.com and this is most of the information or you can google master cleanse. The drink consists of 2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 T organic maple syrup, 1/10 tsp cayenne pepper and 8 oz spring or pure water. It tastes not wonderful if you don't like spicy stuff. The cayenee is killing it for me. I made it through most of Thursday but then had something at supper, made it through all of Friday but I had the most wicked migraine last night, it was just killing me for hours!!! I took all kinds of meds, really OD'd but it just knocked me out for most of the night. I was so sick this morning, I slept in this morning and then was feeling so terrible I just had to eat. So not that I am excelling at this but I am going to keep drinking it anyway even though I've had 2 days where I've eaten. I'm not going to have anything else to eat today, just the drink. I'm not going to put the cayenne in today, I need a break from that. Supposedly you can't take cayenne capsules as it is not as effective as putting the ground cayenne in the drink. The lemon/maple syrup is quite tasty, just the same as drinking lemonade. It is also called the lemonade diet. My dh has stuck to it 100% so I hope it is going to work for him.

I know what you mean about sticking out at work. I used to work at this place where they would order out all the time and I would go in on it and I felt like a sore thumb. I would just be honest with them and say you are trying to diet and you are bringing your lunch with you. Like you took this job to make money and bring down your debt so spending $5 on food you don't want is a pretty big waste. I know you are more into cleaning your house that I am but I can't be bothered. I have a full-time job, now you've got 2 jobs Monday to Friday so you do too, I don't think we can be expected to have a house that could be in Good Housekeeping. If I can keep up with the laundry and dishes and that we have some food in the house then I am happy. I pick up and whatever when I have some time and energy. I have to admit that the state of my house is pretty low on my list.

Anyway hope you have having a good weekend and not going crazy trying to get a week's worth of stuff done in 2 days. Take care!

Kitty53 03-17-2007 05:11 PM

Hi Misty & Jen,

Thought I'd better get back here & start posting again. Can't leave you 2 all alone.

I got a good start again with WW back in January. I'm really doing it this time. I do go to meetings, that seems to be the key with me. I still have a hard time exercising due to nerve damage that was not fixed by my back surgery. My left leg is still pretty useless, but maybe I can start going back to the Y to exercise in the pool. Had to quit due to financial problems.

If you guys have not gone to WW since January, they are using a new way to figure your daily points allowance. It goes by you age, weight, height & activity levels. If you already know about it, then OK, but if you don't I'd be glad to help you figure out your points allowance if you PM me or email me. Email is in my profle.

We need to not let our Slimmin Sistas die out. I'm willing to commit to post everyday, or at least every other day!! (Gee, I've said that before!!) Well, email or PM if I can help you.

MistySeptember 03-17-2007 09:44 PM

Howdy all!!

Jen-SOunds interesting...not sure I could do the pepper! GOOD LUCK!!! I'll check it out though for sure.

My house wouldn't bother me if I could just walk through the place. Our only bathroom is downstairs and it is directly attached to the laundry room. So instead of hualing laundry upstairs to bring it right back down to use after we shower we mostly just use the laundry room as a huge closet. You have to walk through the laundry room to get from the kitchen to the rest of the house (main entrace is in the kitchen as well). So you have to wade through piles of dirty laundry by the end of teh week to just get to the livingroom. The kdis get changed in the livingroom, so their laundry is strewn all over and toys and shoes. It's nuts. You would think as much as I clean my house would be spotless. But I am barley maintaining. Plus the dirt...as you know we live on a farm, we have two indoor/outdoor dogs plus my father in law and husband tromp in in thier boots. My FIL stood on my livingroom carpet today dripping muddy snow off his boots leaving a huge round stain! DH is better about taking off his boots or staying on the linolium, but still I'd have to mop everyday twice or three times a day to keep up.

Kitty-GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK! Sorry to hear your surgery didn't fix everything. :( I amnot doing meetings right now, I seem to do better on my own. Still I haven't been doing well on my own ;) I really can't afford the meetings and I have no time anyway. I am working two part time jobs right now constituting full time at work, plus the one job is over an hour away. I am glad to hear the new program is working well for you.

Now that I am able to get a few things in order and the new therapist is starting at my new job full time I think I should be able to be online a bit more.

I have to go to my mom's tomarrow for a family birthday get together. This turning 30 thing is killing me. I failed so badly at getting the weight off by 30 and so far I am not off to a good start to do it by 31. I am looking forward to better weather!! Thursday we were flooded and I couldn'ty get through town to get to work and yesterday we got something like 16 inches of snow! But it's mid March...it has to end soon..right??!!

MistySeptember 03-18-2007 09:26 PM

Hi all. Rough eating day...did the b-day thing with my family.

I need to get the exercise in gear. My mom just got a recumbant exercise bike, it's cool. I wouldn't mind one. But I can't justify any new equipment when I don't use what I have. Maybe I will restart my piggie bank and instead of clothes I'll aim for a bike or something :)

I am trying to figure out how to make a giant coconut tree for my classroom. I have this nylon and wire tunnel the kids play with, but the porch cats slept in it and it stinks. I am thinking if I can get that clean then I can wrap it in brown paper and staple it on the wall (it's well used and i can get the kdis a new one that doesn't have the wire worn through). Then I can add green poster board leaves and have a HUGE palm tree. We're reviewing the alphabet and I think I'd like to do it with the book chica chica boom boom.. SO each day we add a new letter or two to the tree. I had a really awesome paper tree in the other corner of my room that went up the wall with branche sspreading over the ceiling, but some one tore it down over Christmas break b/c they thought my room looked too cluttered. They also wanted to take down all my wall art, like my letter and number posters...umm it's a preschool room! Dumb people...so to spite them and b/c it is cool I want a new big tree. :devil: I love having a classroom where I can be creative!

Well tomarrow I am back on track and hoping to see a loss on the scale :) Wish me luck!!

MistySeptember 03-19-2007 07:10 AM

I lost 3 pounds this week! :carrot:

Jen 03-19-2007 11:35 AM

Morning all. My husband is doing really great with the cleanse, he has stuck with it though he is complaining about feeling so hungry. The thing is that you have to drink lots and lots of this drink and water on top of it so you won't feel hungry, he's never been one to drink a lot anyway so this is hard for him. Yesterday he was really miserable and depressed but he didn't cave it!

Hi Kitty, nice to see you posting!

Misty - I know it is hard to keep on top of the laundry, I do a load practically every night and we are only 3 people! What I do a lot of the time is throw a load in before I go to bed and then throw it in the dryer when I get up in the morning. Do you have any of those stand up laundry bins so at least the clothes aren't on the floor? You could get kid ones for the kids, my son has a Thomas the Tank Engine bin for his laundry, they make them in practically any cartoon motif that exists. We have these collapsable bins from IKEA, $8 and it has a strap so you can carry it easily. Now about the dirt etc from the farm I would be freaking out if someone was standing dripping mud all over. Like that is why I have mats at the doors so people can take dirty shoes/boots and not track it all over the house. So maybe you need to buy a couple of really big mats, I've got one of these 4 x 6 rags mats at the front door, another cheap purchase from IKEA.

Well it was a pretty quiet weekend, stayed home mostly. We got that big thing of snow over the weekend as well so we had to dig out on Saturday, pretty funny considering it is supposed to be really warm by the weekend!

MistySeptember 03-20-2007 06:07 AM

Good morning!!

I am off to work, but thought I'd drop in now and say hi, b/c evenings are crazy!

How's the cleanse thing going Jen?

Have a good day!!!

Jen 03-21-2007 10:11 AM

Hey Misty. I am not doing the cleanse any longer, I quit after my first full day because I was feeling so sick after OD'ing because of a wicked migraine. I felt so bad there was no way I was going to drink that stuff. The lemonade is great but the cayenne pepper is nasty!