Old 02-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #16  

Ladies: Good afternoon. How is everyone? I didn't WI last night because I had a social group event. I'll try and remember to do it tonight, but I'm a person of habit, so I may forgot. Everything is okay, work is very busy. I'm trying to un-Max myself again. Workout out is going well; I got a pair of spinning shoes for the first time, and they've really cut down on the joint pain that I get from spinning (that's important to remember if you try and it hurts your knees.) I bought FlyLady's book at Amazon.com, and I'm going to try to work my way through it and use her routines. I also got a paper piecing quilting book, which I am looking forward to trying. This weekend I'm going hiking Saturday and then lunch, then a movie and dinner with a friend. Sunday will be a day off to be by myself and recoup (or possibly work 4 hours of OT, come home and relax. I haven't decided yet.) Nothing else is new. How are you guys doing?

Princess: balance in all things, right? Keep up with the cardio, and it might help with the WL. Also, cardio is an excellent stress reliever, and if you're a stress eater, cardio might help there too by cutting down overall stress. You might also need to vary your type of cardio or your intensity level. I did the elliptical for a long time -- and my body got used to it, I think. Switching to spinning, which is both different and more intense helped me kick off my WL again, I think.

Judy: I can understand being unable to weigh in when you know your weight is up -- as long as A) it doesn't become a habit (I would never do it more than 2 weeks in a row) and B) you face that you need a change -- strategy change or recommitment to WL or maybe just tracking your points more closely or exercising more. It's okay to skip a WI once in a while, IMHO, as long as you recognize that things need to change and you work on them. If you skip WI and don't change the things that caused you to gain weight, then I think you're just avoiding the issue. Does that make sense? Re the car: Thanks. It stunk, and it did feel violating -- as though the car is part of my territory. What an animalistic response, but no less genuine. Re: un-maxing: Yeah, I'm working on it. It's very easy for me to slip back into it, but I'm working on the issue. Re buffet: Yeah, I'm pretty proud of that too.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:19 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Friday all!

well my favorite day has finally arrived

Ariana: That is what I was thinking also so last night I stopped by the gym on my way home and did 2 miles on the eliptical and then I walked for a half a mile on the tread mile... I wanted to do more but ran out of time since I had to run home to feed the family before my pilates class... it was a easy throw together meal though... we do "coney night" with FF hotdogs, FF Cheese, and a chili sauce that is not too bad in points and then add some diced onions and mustard... yum! It is not too bad and I either do a "coney night" or a "grilled cheese night" once a week... I love grilled cheese too and you can do them for really low points which makes it even better! Hope you have a great weekend! I am so jealous! You are going hiking! I would love to get outside but it is just sooooo cold and snowy here that it makes it too unpleasent to even attempt it. Oh well, spring will come!

Judy: I know you will get back on track... me too! I am eager for summer as I think that is such an easier time to lose weight for those of us that live in the northern parts... the cold weather, comfort food, etc all adds up to hard times on the scale.

Kerri: Have a great time on your vacation! I am sure that you will have a wonderful experience!

Chris: How are you doing?

Bandit: How is everything going with you? Do you have big plans this weekend?

All: Best wishes for an awesome weekend!

I have to run,
Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #18  

Ladies: good afternoon. I did my WI last night, and I'm down .8. : That means that if I can lose 1.8 pounds by the end of February, I'll meet my February goal. Today is an okay day -- I plan on working a few hours of OT tonight, then treating myself to subway for dinner. Tomorrow I'm going hiking as I mentioned, lunch, and to a movie and dinner. I am contemplating forgetting my house chores and working for six hours on Sunday so that I can get more done and most important of all -- earn more OT cash. But we'll see. I may not be able to muster the go in on Sunday. OTOH, though, I am taking half of Thursday and all of Friday off to go home and see my family, so I can't earn any OT next week. I made an extra $200 these last two weeks in OT, and most of it can go straight to my credit card (except for the money for spin shoes, part of which was outside of my budget -- with clips and taxes, they were $100. ) I am really excited about the paid OT prospect, both because it cuts down on my stress at work by allowing me to get more caught up and because it puts more money in my pocket to pay off my credit cards. I don't want to push out the "paid off" date any further. Anyway, nothing else to report. Back to work, ladies. Have a wonderful afternoon.

Princess: Great minds think alike, huh? Coneys sound interesting. Have you ever cooked hot dogs in beer instead of water? It makes them taste even better. I love grilled cheese and tomato soup. I like to make mine with the 2% american imitation cheese (processed cheese) just like the kind in the cafeteria when I was a kid which, oddly enough, I loved. Well, you can take comfort -- even though you are jealous now, I will be jealous come summer, when it's a 118 degrees outside in AZ...
Old 02-10-2007, 10:00 AM   #19  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi TUrtles,
Ariana, on your weight loss and being on track for February. You're showing us how to do this a month at a time with weight going down!
As far as skipping WW mtgs., this month has been full of all sorts of doctor news (I'm your parents' age) and doctor visits, etc. but I hear you loud and clear on skipping meetings. I'm on track and need to stay there. I learn more and more about myself each year and I am commited to losing weight.

Princess,
so glad you mentioned a nice easy dinner. It sounds delicious and although it isn't Core, which is what I'm doing, it's a nice low point feast. Thanks!

Everybody have a good weekend.
Last night I made a veggie burger from scratch. Not hard with a food processor: 1/4 cup of each: carrots, celery, onion, and red pepper. finely minced. Then add an egg, and mashed 2/3 cup of cannelini beans together, add in the veggies. Saute in a tiny bit of olive oil to cook through. I adapted the recipe a bit and baked the burgers in the oven, turned them over, added tomato sauce and a little reduced fat shredded cheese. Hey, they were good. Makes 4 patties for 2 points each.

Have fun this weekend, drink your water, and stay active. I'm looking forward to hearing about good WI's.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:41 AM   #20  

Default Happy Monday all!

Well I actually blew off W/I on Saturday becuase I knew the scale was not going to be kind to me... I never do that but I did it this one time and stayed in my PJ's instead.... kind of felt good since we normally go at 7:00 AM for W/I.

They are calling for a large snow storm to hit some time this evening so I would imagine that my Pilates class will be cancelled tonight but time will tell.

Ariana: Congrats on the loss! That is awesome!

Judy: Thanks for the veggie burger recipe... they sound great!

I have to run but will check back in later on.

Susan
Old 02-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #21  

All: Good afternoon, ladies. Did everyone have a good weekend? I went hiking Saturday (3 hours round-trip -- it was a paved trail, so it's more like a walk with incline than a "real" hike) and then went out to lunch, came home and crashed. I was so tired I didn't even want to sew. I slept about 11 hours, woke up Sunday, still exhausted, did my house chores and still didn't have the energy to sew, my favorite pasttime. I don't know if I'm getting sick or what. I just feel funked these last few days. I'm going home to Phoenix Thursday. Maybe that's what I need -- some family time. <sigh> Anyway, my boss interrupted me during the draft of this message, and I just spent a big chunk of my lunch hour discussing update options for a police department in CA, and I'm out of lunch time now, so I have to go. Take care, ladies.

(written earlier...)
Judy: Thank you! I think doing it a week at a time, then a month at a time, is the only way to do it. Long-term it's too overwhelming. In Spinning, I focus on getting through the current song or 5-minute segment (usually about the same), and I only allow myself to look at the clock at the end of each song. Then I keep reminding myself -- you can do it -- you can make it for 15 more minutes, 10 more minutes, etc. I did the same thing with the elliptical -- I did interval training, and I focused on getting through that two minutes of high intensity so that I could enjoy the two minutes of low intensity. WL is like that too. I focus on getting through each week at a time, and before I know it, a whole month has gone by. I'm glad to hear that you are commited and on track -- it sounds like you have the "meeting mentality" even if you didn't go to your meeting.That sounds like a super-tasty veggie burger. I may just try that. I bet that would be good with mashed potatoes...

Princess: As I was saying to Judy, it's okay to skip a meeting once and a while as long as you recognize that you're skipping it because something needs to change, and you don't use skipping it as an avoidance mechanism. It's very important to strategize and analyze and understand why you're going up (it sounds like you do) and to not beat yourself up, because that achieves nothing but unhappiness. I think you have a handle on it. Re the loss: Thanks -- I wasn't as thrilled, because I wanted to see more (don't we always?), but it was better than maintaining or gaining, both of which I have plenty of experience with from the past. I think I'm also getting more toned from the spinning and weight lifting, so that is awesome.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:20 PM   #22  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I'm not going to try to catch up on everything. I've been sick as a dog for the last few days. Ended up in the ER one night with chest pains, and have been freakin out. But after careful consideration of my symptoms...it was all because of an allergic reaction to yeast. I'm highly allergic to the stuff. I was eating sourdough bread because the package said no added yeast...(they didn't add any..sure..but it was loaded with it). I quit eating the stuff and my symptoms are going away. I still feel yucky but at least I don't feel like I"m dying. My heart races, I get super dizzy, am short of breathe...and feel awful when I get too much of something. So long story short..I'm getting better.

I'll check back when I feel better...
Chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:55 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Ariana - congrats on the weight loss, keep it up.

Princess - did you get that storm? We are suppose to be hit with a storm starting later this afternoon, so the drive tomorrow will probably be bad enough I go with the fellow from work.

Chris - scarey stuff! Hope you are feeling better.

Judy - hope you are well.

I stayed the same this week at my ww. Had a few outings so was glad for a maintain. Staying focussed this week so far. Have a "red hat" dinner tonight and hoping there is grilled salmon on the menu with a salad. So we'll see how that goes. Just trying to stay warm up here & hoping most of the storm misses us.

Anyway, have a good one.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #24  

Ladies: Good afternoon. Work is still very busy, but I feel like we actually got somewhere today, which is a big improvement. These last two days, I've been feeling like a hamster in a wheel. I'm feeling better psychologically too, not so down, which is good. Other than that, nothing else is new. How is everyone?

Chrily: Sorry you've been so sick! I'm glad it was nothing life threatening though, even though it made you miserable. Food labelling should be much better, IMHO. It must be scary for people with allergies. Hope you feel better soon!

Bandit: Thank you. I am working on the WL. Hey, maintaining is good when you've had several outings? Salmon? Blech. Grilled chicken is good though. I hope the storm misses you too.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:40 AM   #25  

Hi all, well we sure got a storm and a half here... I am back to work today after being off for two days... it was pretty bad for a while there my biggest concern is that we would lose power since we have no fireplace or any other means to heat the house other then the furnace. But we are fine and all dug out for the most part. We got about a foot of snow with a about 3 inches of sleet on top which always makes for fun shoveling... the hardest part was the drifts... they were about 3 feet high in the yard and drive way. I am tired of shoveling and ready for spring. The two days home was nice but I hate using my vacation time up so soon in the year. Oh well, better home and safe then stuck out on the roads.

Chris: So sorry to hear about your illness, best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Ariana: I am just trying to get back on track... being home and off of my normal schedule it is hard to not over eat and there was only shoveling for exercise so I missed my cardio for the week but I am going to try and make some of it up.

Judy: How are you doing? I hear our storm headed your way! Yuck!

Bandit: All is well here, the storm has come and gone, how are you doing up there?

Kerri: I guess you are still on vacation... lucky lady! I was dreaming about the warm weather yesterday as I was butt deep in snow drifts

I have to run but will check back later on.

Have a great day!
Susan
Old 02-15-2007, 11:50 AM   #26  

Hi everyone:

Yes, we got some of that storm as well - but most of us made it into work anyway. I get a ride when it is really bad, otherwise I would have had time off too

My dinner was really good. Had something called Chicken Sonoma Valley Salad which was a meal. Really nice salad with citrus dressing & raisins & nuts with grilled chicken & of course, lots of greens. You can also get same salad with shrimp or salmon. Had 2 glasses of white wine as well. But counted pointes as best I could.

Princess - glad you are dug out. I had lots of shovelling last night as well.
Ariana - nice you are feeling better with your work stress.

Hope everyone else is doing good. It is very cold up here - looking forward to spring.

Have a great day.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:09 PM   #27  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I'll just jump in where I am. We were hit with the ice storm last night. Lost our electricity for about an hour or so, and although we still have ice, the roads are passable.
I don't know if it's hibernation fever or what, but I am overeating and not loving it. I am trying to keep all your words of advice in my head and that should help.
Best wishes to everyone.
Love,
Judy
Chris, hope you're feeling well.
Bandit, looks like good choices!
Princess, I don't envy you shoveling out.
Ariana, you're always on the go!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:47 AM   #28  

Default Happy Friday!

Well it is Friday and I am glad as always

I am doing something fun this evening, I am going to a Physic party... I guess it is like a tupperware party but with a lady that is supposed to be a Physic and will tell your fortune. Now I don't believe in most of that stuff but it should be a good time and a bit of fun never hurts. It is being hosted by a lady that works at my husbands company and this is the first time that I have been invited to one of their "girls" nights so I am really looking forward to it. All of my really good friends are still back on the east coast where I grew up and even though I have some female friends here I have never made that connection with anyone here and it is never like the ones that you have had for years and years and I miss that sometimes. I still have faith that some day I will meet a fellow female out here and we will click and have that great "girlfriend" connection so the more things I expose myself too the greater chance I have.
The gal that is hosting sent me the menu as she knows that I am on WW... and almost nothing on it is plan friendly so I have an extra big lunch with me today since the party starts right after work and I will take a bottle of wine with me and my bottle of water that I am never without and hope for the best. She is serving nachos, margarita's and shrimp so I will nibble on some shrimp and have a bit of wine and lots of water and that should be fine. I WW in tomorrow morning so that should be enough to keep me on track.

Judy: Glad your power is back on! That is my biggest worry about those storms.

Ariana: How are you doing? What are your plans for the weekend?

Bandit: I don't know about you but I am sure ready for Spring

Chris: How are you feeling? Better I hope!

Kerri: Still on vacation I guess... must be nice... and I am sure it is well deserved. I can't wait for my vacation time to arrive...

Have a great weekend all!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #29  

Hi ladies:

Princess - sounds like you are in for a fun evening. That is nice to be invited to something different with new people. Maybe you will make some good connections for some new friends. Great you are planning ahead for the food part. Shrimp is low in fat & calories so that should be OK. I sometimes put soda in my wine to make it go alittle further. Anyway have a great night & enjoy yourself.

Had my w/i today & was down .4# so want to do better next week, so better stay on track over the weekend. That is my biggest problem.

Hi to everyone else and have a great weekend!
Old 02-17-2007, 08:31 AM   #30  
Chick

Princess,
It's great to get out there and see your work colleagues in a new light. I think a friendship could develop out of that. I'm sending you good vibes becauseI hear how much you'd like a real gal pal. Early friendships over the years are so wonderful and hard to match. Maybe you'll meet someone who could come close.

Bandit,
good luck over the weekend. Glad to see you had a loss : and I know this week coming up you'll do even better.

Chris,
I hope you're feeling well now and are able to get to your internist to see what's going on.

Ariana, have a good weekend. I think it's so great that you're enjoying wonderful weather right now while so many of us are dealing with snow and ice. My ddil says that when she lived in Phoenix, it was just opposite NY. That their summers required them to stay indoors in the AC while our winters keep up inside. And then the rest of the year was fabulous---just like here.
I take the cold better than the heat, so I guess it's good I ended up here!

Kerri, enjoy the nice climes and let us know how you're doing.

Yesterday was a good day for me. This weekend will be filled with two birthday celebrations. I got on the yesterday and ate well. Today I'll get on the again and watch what I eat at the party. It's a big affair
with catered food, etc. Tomorrow we're taking our family out to celebrate a family birthday, then back home for snacks and presents. It should be a good time and if I am on my toes, I should do alright. I needed an attitude adjustment, and I got it. I also journaled about what was bugging me and I feel better. Also--my doc visits have all been maintenance stuff and I've got most of them behind me.

Have a good and healthy weekend. Drink that water! BAby steps: we are doing this!!!
Judy