Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 06:11 PM   #16  
Proud Canadian

Trish - I don't have collision so because it was a hit and run, it cost a minimum deducatable of 350. My regular deducable is only 100 - but that's for witnessed, not my fault accidents.
KT
Old 10-19-2001, 09:09 AM   #17  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

KT: Car insurance is the pits! My sister had a similar thing happen but her deductable is like $500. Wow, that is a lot out of pocket. $350 is a lot too. I mean really, why do we pay them so much if we still have to pay for it in the end!
Old 10-19-2001, 09:17 AM   #18  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

A lady ran a stop sigh and hit me right after I got my new car. There was a ding and a scratch, but it cost over $1000 to fix. I couldn't believe it. And not only that, if you claim it on your insurance, then your rates go up!!! How fair is that?? Luckily the lady was just in an accident a month prior and several before that, so she had high risk insurance and they didn't contest it at all. Wrote a check immediately to cover it.

A co-worker and I were just discussing how insurance seems like a rip off. But if you don't have it, then you are still screwed. no win situation!!!
Closed Thread