View Poll Results: What is your ultimate Christmas Wishthat is just for YOU?
To be a Goal Weight 5 33.33%
To find the right partner (True Love) 1 6.67%
To get that ring!!! (from the right partner you have already found) 1 6.67%
To get a kick-butt job 1 6.67%
To be completely pampered (think full day spa) 0 0%
A new wordrobe 0 0%
Other (explain!!) 4 26.67%
All of the above 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 09:21 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Thursday - two more work days to go....

Good morning girls, I am going to post a thread, but I have to think of one...think think think....

Christmas wishes!! That is it, purely selfish xmas wishes. Since I made up the poll, I was forced to choose all of the above b/c: I want goal weight, I want a kick *** job, I want to make sure this guy is the one and get the ring I'd love a new wardrobe (esp after the goal weight) AND I'd like to be pampered, SO.....hee hee hee.....OH and my other is to do well when I meet the dreaded EX.

How are you all today?? I am okay, went to volley ball but I only played from 7:15-8:30, so 1.25 hours. Only burned 4 points. BOOH. Plus, I didn't walk to work today b/c its snowing again, so I lost out on that exercise, but I am here early and still have good hair someone tell me I am not a freak!!

Kim - I checked my angelfire and got your email, I'll write you back!! (progressive smiling) BTW good job on your loss,and you know what? 19.8 is still 19.8 less than you were last year, and you are in control now, not 10 more than your start weight or whatevr. And considering the stress you ahve been under, its great that you have stayed around the same spot. Maybe all good things are coming after your bday!!

Kier - hey girl! I miss you so, out there is Doooblin. Hey, have you run into Bono and the boys yet?? AH, Larry, what a babe. I love U2, have I mentioned that?? Oh, and I am goingto see Rod Stewart for xmas from my dad (b/f is excited I have seen him before though, but he was fun!) Taht will be our third concert together (sob!)

I have noticed lately that I am runnign low on the self esteem, but I think its mainlyl b/c of work. My sister tells me to not let work colour the rest of my life, and make sure that I don't let it run into my relationship. Last night, I noticed I had been being sucky and needy with b/f and I think its wearing on him so I am making a real conscious effort to not let my work life carry on into personal so much (not that I won't share with him, b/c that is very important)

I feel like, for the first time, that its all up to me. I ahve been pondering getting my masters in Education and teaching kids. I think I missed my calling when I got out of education, I think I did it b/c my sister is a teacher and I wanted to be different so Ic hose a similar field, but I am unhappy in the corporate life, so I think that gonig back to take education is the thing for me. But I need $ or loans, so I'll have to figure that one out. If b/f and I teach english in Korea, it'd help pay for it. That would be so exciting I have always wanted to do that, but I didnt' b/c my old b/f of 8 years had no degree adn so we couldn't do that together. But now b/f and I thin k its a possibility.

Becky - how is your b/f? Getting any more sleep?

Trish - do you drink caffiene still or off of that? My sister had none at all from the moment of conception, though her chocolate cravings were quite strong!!

When's Kirsty back? Where's Lolly?

Hello to Jen 1, 2 and 3, Tonya, Rina, Stacey, Ali, Steph, KT, et al!

Belle

Last edited by Belle2000; 10-25-2001 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-25-2001, 09:34 AM   #2  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Fun poll Belle. I posted other. I have a ring from a guy and will not be at goal (not even started to journy to lose yet). I would love a spa, but that seems so temporary...anyway, I am ready to be done being PG so maybe it is for the baby already. But if not, it will be soon after.

Kim: I was thinking about your towns trick or treat urge. I don't see how trick or treat would be any more dangerous or effected than before. I mean, they have been saying for ever to only trick or treat to people you know. If that is the case, don't you think it would be safe unless you know bad people. And if you do know bad people, you should not have been trick or treating to them anyway. Anyway, I think that is just police using the situation so that they don't have to deal with yearly trick or treat issues. Or just a mass over reaction. Anyway, just my thoughts. More importantly, great job on the loss!!!

Jen3: You asked about late night eating. That is hard. I guess you can just tell yourself NO and stick to it. Some people have started there points at night rather than with breakfast so they have the points available to splurge and not eat as much in the day. Others just try to keep themself busy or stock up on really low point foods. Anyway, those are some ideas I have heard.

Kier: I am glad you got a message from your BF. Boys can be very bad at communication.

Hello to everyone else. I am off to find some breakfast. Yes, I already ate breakfast but I am still starved. I think I will grab some fruit.

Trish
Old 10-25-2001, 09:42 AM   #3  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Belle: I don't drink any coffee or pop or eat chocolate ( i did have a little of that once i hit my third trimester but now I am not eating any refined sugar if I can help it. SOmetimes it is in things you don't know about and would not expect).

Teaching overseas woudl be fun. I don't know if I could live in Korea however. I dated a man from Korea a long time ago and their views on woman and woman's role in society are very diferent than ours. It was very hard and the cultural issues are what really broke that relationship up. Anyway, it worked out for the really best because it was soon after that I ran into an old college friend and ended realizing he is the perfect person for me.
However, I have heard that Korea is a very beautiful country and I love the food.
Old 10-25-2001, 10:05 AM   #4  
Bono Fanatic!

Hey girls!

Belle - Must you start off the morning making me fantasize about Larry, Bono and the boys??! I also LOVE U2, in case no one knew! However, Kier won't see them in Dublin because they are still in the US thru the end of November... I just saw them last week in Chicago and am going to see them in Vegas in November. I can't wait!! woo hoo! (Thanks for helping me to think happy thoughs first thing in the morning!)

Trish - I don't know if I could live without coffee, but I guess you do what you have to do, huh? I absolutely love the stuff. But I could live without pop and refined sugar if I had to. and I just realized that we are probably the only people on this board that use the word pop!!

Guess what? I may have a date next week! I'll keep you posted!
That's it for me - must get some work done, I guess!

Jen
Old 10-25-2001, 10:06 AM   #5  
Bono Fanatic!

I guess I just made it clear what my post is in the X-mas poll since only 3 of us have voted! Yeah, I'll confess - I want to find true love!!!!!
Old 10-25-2001, 10:25 AM   #6  
Parrothead

Default It's me, It's me!

Hi everyone! I have been so absent lately because I am still seeking a job and the majority of my internet time is on job sites. I try not to tie up my phone lines in case someone tries to call. I had a third interview with the University of Texas yesterday that I think went well. Its an administrative associate roll that seems like it would be fun. I hope I get it, but at the same time that would mean that I have to decide if I really want it. I think I would be somewhat challenged with it and I would make a lot of good contacts in the university. On the other hand, it is a big change from the corporate world and the salary is about half of what I made before. I'm worried that if I didn't take it (on the chance I get an offer), I might not have a job for a long time. The market is so hard right now. I have sent my resume to approx. 100 jobs and had interviews for 3 jobs. Two of these jobs were multi-level marketing schemes. Would you take a job that was fun but might get boring for half of your salary?

OK, enough of the depressing news...Weight Watchers is going well. I went to WI last week and am still maintaining. I want to lose another 5 lbs, but I can't seem to get serious again. I am happy where I am, but 5 more would be great. Me and DH went to New Orleans last week. It was such a blast! We went to the aquarium, Pat O'Briens, Dragos, Pascal Manale's, Fat Harry's, and Rendon Inn. We also went to the quarter to watch the a&m football game and got lunch at a little diner right by the bar. I think it was called the clover. I was very proud of myself on the trip because I only ate half of everything I ordered and gave the other half to DH. Anyway, if anyone wants to go to New Orleans I'll let you know all the places I love to go! The only bummer of the trip was his mother being so sad that we were leaving. It always breaks my heart when we leave because she wants us to be close by. It is nice that both of our families want us to be near them, but it feels like we're in the middle of a tug-of-war.
Old 10-25-2001, 10:27 AM   #7  
Parrothead

Default I accidently hit send...

I guess that's my que to wrap up . I haven't had a chance to catch up on posts but I hope ya'll are doing well! TTYL,
Kay
Old 10-25-2001, 10:28 AM   #8  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Friday for ME!!

I'm going to Houston tomorrow so I won't have to be at work!!
I chose other on the poll. At first, I wanted to be pg, but I want to reach my goal weight first. So I guess it's to be at goal weight. But, I'M the only one keeping me from doing it! ARGH!!
I hate to post and run but my boss just stopped by my office and I don't want to give her any reasons to ***** at me before my day off.
Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 10-25-2001, 11:33 AM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... I voted other on the Poll for the same reasons as Trish. Have the Ring, have the true love, have a certificate to the spa that I haven't used yet...but what I want... Well, getting to goal may not be possible by christmas, so I want to get to my mini-goal, also I want happiness for me and my family. There are lots of things I want, but right now happiness is the most important to me. I feel like things have gotten so stressful the last couple of months.

Trish... wouldn't it be neat to have a Christmas baby, although poor kid, having to share his b-day with the biggest gift giving day of the year. My mom's b-day is Dec. 28 and she said people always forgot about it. But I still think it would be neat. I bet the hospital would give you nice treatment too!!

Kay... the job market is very tight here too. Although college students still don't understand this. We are setting up campus interviews and the career services lady said don't hold our breathe to get anyone. A lot of companies are cancelling interviews because people aren't signing up. The graduates are assuming that the number of good jobs are still high like they have been the last couple of years, and it just isn't happening this year. We have a position to fill for a programmer, and those jobs just aren't being found here because of all the cutbacks.

Oh and I stopped drinking all caffeine the day I found out I was PG and no nutrasweet either. I did have more cravings for chocolate tho, but tried to limit that too. Since I am not a chocolate fiend like most people, it wasn't too bad! Coffee... drink decaf and just not as much. I drank decaf tea once in awhile.

Back to work. I am starving and hubby wants to go out for lunch. YIKES.
Old 10-25-2001, 12:16 PM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default I WANT THE RING!

Actually, I'd like it before Christmas, like today or tomorrow or basically, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! My b/f has been dragging his feet forever, although he talks about getting married next fall. I told him yesterday that if we want to get married in peak leaf season (which is what I want. I love fall), then we probably need to reserve something soon. He seemed surprised, but then suggested we go look at places this weekend. So I told him I want us to be engaged! WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEN? Our 5-year anniversary is Nov. 2, that would be a nice day, wouldn't it? This Saturday will have been 5 years since our first date, but we're both working and won't see each other all day.

Kay: Glad to have you back! I've wanted to visit New Orleans forever. One day I will. It sounds like so much fun.

Well, I think I'll go find something to amuse myself.
Old 10-25-2001, 12:20 PM   #11  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default the poll

well i picked to be at goal weight for my christmas goal, but i guess i really would like all of the above! i would love to get a ring from my man, be pampered, have a kick *** job...

i am doing okay so far today. last night i was really depressed about my job, so i didn't eat quite as much as i probably would have. but i didn't eat that great either. and i skipped the gym. i didn't get out of work until 7 and i would've been at the gym til 8 and i just thought screw it it's too late. i am going tonight though. making sure I leave here by the latest, 5:30.
i am really trying not to eat that much at night. the weird thing is i could probably skip breakfast and lunch and not even be hungry at all (although that's not healthy). i guess i could cut back on the number of points for each of those and see how that works out.

anyway i better get back to work!

jen3
Old 10-25-2001, 12:34 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone.

Good poll Belle - I chose other for numerous reasons. Yes I want the ring, but, I want to live with BF first so we can finally have some time alone (but together). He actually asked me to marry him the other night - WAIT!! It's not that exciting. We'll be 4 years in January and for the last year we've been talking about our wedding every now and then. My older sister got married this weekend and as we were discussing it I mentioned how nobody had even asked me to marry them so he said "will you marry me" as we were driving in the car and I said "of course" (but I got a little emotional) and he went on about how he thought I knew that was what he wanted and I told him I still want the ring and romantic proposal so we'll see. An Actual wedding probably won't be for a couple of years anyway. So the other reason I chose other is because of my huge career place. I want to hear back from the paramedic people and maybe be working by Christmas, but I'm also looking into going back to school to be a nurse so it would be nice if that was cleared up too. So basically, almost all of the above and I want to win five million dollars (or More).

I have simple needs and wants.

I better get to work - I have a better computer station today though, so I'll probably be lurking lots.

KT
Old 10-25-2001, 02:26 PM   #13  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey girls, I just caught up on the posts that I missed yesterday afternoon and todays so here goes.

Belle- B/f situation is great. I am just having some of those "self-esteem issues" you were talking about accept it is with the relationship. I just have a bad habit of waiting for the ax to fall. isn't that ridiculous. Everything is wonderful and then I obsess. Oh well I am still in wonderful mode it is just that other one creaps up every once in a while. Oh and I got a bit more sleep last night he left at 1 and we were napping before he left so that was nice

Kim- Maybe that is what b/f has been waiting for all along. I think that is probable b/c 5 years is quite a milestone. I bet that is it

Jenn2- I say POP too! Anyways what is this maybe have a date stuff ??? Fill us in on the goods

Kay- I am glad you are back. Sounds like you are doing well with WW. THat is cool and I wish you lots of luck with the job hunt.
New Orleans sounds great.

Jen3 I was thinking that maybe you are doing too well on pts. during the day. I mean if you would give yourself a few more pts during the day or a special snack (for me it is choc.) then maybe you wouldn't go home and over eat b/c you wouldn't feel deprived or truly hungry. Just a thought.

StaceyT- What kind of dog do you have?? That sounds fun. I want a dog. the guy I have been talking about has a beautiful dog. He is a retriever and akita (sp?) mix.

JenL- Is this your 1st time leaving emma? That would be hard but a break is always nice right

Kieri- I just realized that I didn't know you had a b/f. What is that story. Ithink it may have happened while I was MIA

Trish- What is your due date??? Are you excited or what? How exciting.

KT- I apologize for men in general. They must not realize that they can't throw those proposals around lightly. UH well I hope that you get your Christmas wish.

Oh btw mine was a goal weight (the one I set for Christmas) b/c I am hoping that I have found a true love but it is much much too soon to tell. I am just a bit giddy.

Have great days!
Becky
Old 10-25-2001, 03:01 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I chose all of the Above but can I add to that?
In addition to knowing if BF and I are true love
and having a kickass job and a big snazzy diamond and the rest of the works I WANT MY DEGREE FINALLY DONE! and a few hundred mill

HIIIIII all i have to say Is BOno Lives in Killiney and i'm gonna find him!
Belle I miss ya too girlie i have to write you an email
KT Congrats!! but definitely hold out for the romantic sparkly bit!
Kim men are thick as bricks!
Trish thanks if you cant have chocolate how are you planning to survive trick or treaters? I could use some hints for resisting sweets
Stacy enjoy the day off
JEn I want my family happy and safe as an added wish
WB Kay new orleans sounds amazing!
Jen K i'm determined to meet the edge lol
I was thinking of doing the Irish WW at home and seeing how that went
I have been making alot of healthy choices at the grocery and only a few ill choices (nutella)
Im swamped with work work and with school work and stuff the quote of the week was I'm feeling aggressive and you dont wanna fight with me to my wackarse roomate
anyway I will ttyas later
Love
Kier
Old 10-25-2001, 03:17 PM   #15  
Eve's Mom

Default More U2 chat

Kier - I have been to Bono's house - you can take a U2 tour and they'll take you to all the spots, houses, Mount Temple, etc. CHeesy, but fun. You shoudl do it.

I didn't meet U2 in Ireland either, but in Edmonton, Alberta. It was cool.....AH Larry, what a babe.
Closed Thread