View Poll Results: How many times a week do you eat out?
1-2 7 87.50%
3-4 1 12.50%
5-6 0 0%
7 - who cooks???? 0 0%
once or twice a month 0 0%
I never eat out 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2001, 07:35 PM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Fabulous Forties #80

Hey there!!! Come one, come all......all Forty-Something's welcome here.............

Last edited by Zoe; 10-13-2001 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-13-2001, 07:40 PM   #2  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Default Hello my friends.....I'm back!!

Hey guys ~ ~ I'm here, I'm here. What a week it's been here. I have been running and running, working and working and now, I even worked 4 1/2 hours today while hubby is out of town. He went to Philly this morning (with 5 others from work) for a trade show and won't be back until late Tuesday night. So I'm alone and after the long and busy week I've had, all I feel like doing is sleep.

Y'all and getting so good with those attachments. Have we created a monster?? haha.....I think we have the best one's on 3FC, don't you? And Dianne, you really are a fast learner, right Terri??

I just wanted to stop in and say hello and now, I will go back and read all the posts I missed. Boy, you's guys were busy! I promise not to be playing "hide-n-seek" any more.

Love, Patti <><

Last edited by Zoe; 10-13-2001 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2001, 09:04 PM   #3  

That candy kiss attachment is adorable!!!!
Yes we all have caught on so well. Dianne, you too.

We missed you Zoe. Glad you are back. I know how it is when we get busy.

Dianne,
Glad the shrimp scampi was good. YUM! I am sure the drums were the best at the concert. Tell Justin we are proud of him.

Essie,
Great job with the workouts. David will find the right one when he is ready. You will be a great MIL and Grandma.
Enjoy your time alone. Enjoy the movies. I love "The Rock" even if he isn't in the second one too much.

Jen,
Love the Family night.
We do it on Fridays. Sometimes it is a movie or a board game. LOVE IT!!!!!

Well we weighed this morning and
I lost 1#-
Brandon lost 1.5#
Brittany maintained- She went to the Homecoming last night.
Bruce lost 1.5#

I couldn't go to the gym today because of 1 soccer game and an eye Dr. appt. So Bruce spotted me on the Bowflex and I was able to do the equivalence of every weight machine that I do at the gym. Then I spotted him and he did it. It was so cool. I felt bad about not going. Do you believe it? I don't.

Talk to y'all later.

Terri
Old 10-14-2001, 07:18 AM   #4  

Angry

Hello

Glad to have you back Zoe. You are one busy lady.

Terri, How much is your total loss? How long did it take you? Time goes by so fast. I remember when I first signed on to this board. I think it's been 2 yrs. I've changed my username 2 or 3 times Thanks for the nice compliment about being a great MIL & GRANDMA. Did I ever tell you my brother trains his clients with the Bowflex? He's given me a workout on it & I loved it. You have to have the room for it which I don't.

Dianne, I read your post on page 2 & I already forgot what it was about!! I'm already having a senior moment at age 47

Pete stayed home last night. His brother didn't call which means his other brother didn't show up. I watched Mummy 1. Today I'll watch Mummy returns.

Have a great day everybody.
Old 10-14-2001, 07:20 AM   #5  

Talking

Cute attachements guys
Old 10-14-2001, 10:59 AM   #6  

Zoe - welcome back. Thanks for the compliment on being a fast learner, but in all honesty, I have to say that your instructions were very easy to follow, so that means you are a good teacher

Es - what I said was that you shouldn't rush David, he'll find the right on in his own good time. I said you were probably anxious for the pitter/patter of grandbaby's feet and that you would make a great abuela! BTW, Bredan Frasier is my co-workers nephew in law. She is aunt to his wife. She's met with him and he even gave her an autographed photo for Alana a few years back.

Terri - great going you guys with your weight loss. You're getting closer and closer to goal -- WTG girl. Thanks for the compliment for Justin. It was a great concert.

Hi Jen - Hope your "family nite" went well. Sounds like lots of fun.

Myra - thanks for sending me the info on 5-HTP. I will check it out today.

Willie is working today - since the WTC disaster, he's been working a lot of overtime. He works for Verizon and they have been working hard to get phones and internet back up. So, today I will do laundry when I get finished playing on computer. YUK!

Hope everyone has a great day. Hi to Joyce, Janie (the yanks are still holding on, thank God!), Kolika, Momof4, Bouphy and anyone else I may have missed)

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-14-2001, 11:03 AM   #7  

Oh Es - I forgot! I also offered you one of my 14 grandchildren in the meanwhile, until David gives you one

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-14-2001, 11:30 AM   #8  

Great attachments guys! I love them. Thanks for the congrats!!!!

Oh Dianne! Brendan Frasier!!!!! Brittany will die when I tell her. We have seen all of his movies. He is soooo cute.

I Essie,
I am 138# That is 3 pounds from goal but I want to lose about 10 more. This will take a while. I started back in May of 2000. I was 194.6. I had a plateau for a while but then it started again.
I loved the bowflex. It was so convenient last night since I couldn't go to the gym.

TTYL,
I have to take Britts to a birthday party.
Terri

The guy did not come with the bowflex.
Old 10-14-2001, 03:20 PM   #9  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hi guys ~ well, I just got home....went to church, then breakfast with my friend, then home, threw on some jeans and went to Petsmart, Garden Ridge (home decor and crafts type store), put gas in hubby's car since I've been using it since he's out of town and got it washed. Whew!! The dryer is now going and I have about 2 more loads to do. My son brought me 2 BIG duffle bags of dirty clothes....... Now I'm going to straighten up and get all my fall/autumn/halloween stuff out of the closet. Then I thnk I'll relax and read the paper that I didn't read this morning.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi......great attachments y'all, great!! Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon.
Old 10-14-2001, 03:21 PM   #10  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

oh Terri, is that your hubby with the bowflex??????????
Old 10-14-2001, 03:47 PM   #11  

Angry

Zoe, just reading all that you have to do makes me tired

Terri, you've earned it. You have worked hard to get where you're at today. I, on the other hand, play around too much. I'm good one day then blow it the next so it keeps me in this cycle I have nobody to blame but myself.

Dianne, I'll take one of your grandchildren. My son gets in some crazy relationships. Now there's someone he's been seeing for the past 2 mths who told him she has breast cancer. She found out 8 yrs. ago & never got treated. My son talked her into going & she's getting chemo.

I'll be back later. My phone is ringing!
Old 10-14-2001, 04:21 PM   #12  

OMG Es - that's terrible about the girl your son is seeing. I hope she'll be okay. Wow, how scary is that? She must be a young woman too. How could she have waited 8 years to do something about it??? I hope everything works out for her.

Zoe - you do make me tired too, just reading all the stuff you do I was wondering if that was Terri's hubby on the bowflex too - what a fox

Well, I did my laundry and how I'm gonna cook some chicken breasts in the oven and make some penne pasta in garlic and oil (just a little oil). Willie will be home soon and then, hopefully, we'll just relax and watch a movie on cable. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow, but I have to, unfortunately. I'm taking a half day off on Friday coming to go up to Alana's school. It's parents weekend and it starts at 9:00 a.m. saturday, so we'll go up friday afternoon. Otherwise, we'd have to leave at 5:00 a.m. on Saturday and rush. Can't wait to see her.

Well, gotta go cook. Hi to everyone and have a great evening.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-14-2001, 05:13 PM   #13  

Angry

As I was saying, before I was interrupted by my cell phone ringing, Dave's new girl has 2 kids, 8 & 11, boy & girl & she works with him. She's been after him for at least a year. I remember him telling me about her. That there was this girl at work that liked him but that he didn't want to go out with someone from work & with 2 kids. Before I knew it he was going out with her. She's 31 yrs old. She left it untreated cause she says that when you go in for treatment you die faster! She doesn't trust the doctors here. She's from the Dominican Republic. Nobody knows about this except for David & me of course. She hasn't told anyone in her family because she doesn't want them to worry. What bothers me is why get into a relationship & not say something right away? I don't even want to think about it anymore. It's stressing me out.

My brother came out in a magazine, front cover with the Bowflex, but that's not him It was a magazine for trainers.

Dianne, I feel like that everyday, especially Sundays, not wanting to go to work. It's so nice that you're going to go see Alana. That's something to look forward to.

Terri, you've lost so much!!!! I can't even motivate myself to lose 20 lbs. I don't know what's wrong with me. I hate to whine so I'll stop right here right now. Maybe I'm one of those people that needs to go to meetings. I can't pick a day that I could go every week. The only day would be Friday morning, and I don't care for that leader or Saturday mornings with a leader that's like 70 yrs old with a high pitch voice that thinks she's a stand up commedian. At least if she was funny I wouldn't mind.

Let me go find some new attachments.

Till tomorrow

Love,
Es
Old 10-14-2001, 05:24 PM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Yes, Dianne......they're called tight-ends....and lots of fun to look at! I know that came up on the last thread, but just finished reading and catching up! I'll bet you're looking forward to seeing Alana this weekend.

Zoe, you are a whirlwind! One of the biggest joys of no longer working is that I've got the wonderful advantage of not having to rush, and cram everything into two days off. Hope you get to relax while hubby is out of town.

Terri, you are awesome! What fantastic perserverance you've shown.....an inspiration to us all. I'm proud of you!

Essie, how old is David's friend? How sad for her to ignore it, and how great of him to encourage her to get treatment. You did a good job with him

Which brings us to.......this month, October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month is a great reminder to have our mammograms....is everyone up to date on theirs? Mine is scheduled for January each year.

to Joyce, Janie, Myra....and anyone else "lurking" out there.

And thanks for the cool poll, Zoe!

~Jen
Old 10-14-2001, 06:28 PM   #15  

Angry

Jen, she's 31 yrs old. Dave is trying to convince her to tell her Mom. She did thank him for telling her that she should go see a Dr.

Goodnight everybody
Closed Thread