Wednesday, 2 days until Friday

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi All,

Bad day food wise yesterday, but I had my delicious periogies or pieroshka or however you actually say them in polish (Lolly for your info, the kind I had was made with extra lean ground beef and onions). I wish I knew polish, I am half Polish and look VERY Polish yet I hardly know any words. Due to my bad eating for the past couple of weeks, I am going to go back to only eating 27 points a day for the next few weeks (I lose at 27-30 points).

I got two tests back yesterday and got an A on one of them and an A+ on the other!!! Yeah! I guess the study skills I learned while doing my BA really paid off.

Becky: You're back!!! Yes I am in a relationship right now and it is going very well Don't lose heart, I am sure you'll find someone when you least expect it and turn all mushy (though as mushy as I can occasionally be, I still have yet to lose my dark sarcastic wit, luckily he puts up with it ).

Hiya Kim, Stacey, Belle (where are you?), Tonya, Shalyne ,Trish, Lori, Rina, KT, JenK, JenL, Kay, Lolly and Kirsty and to whoever else may be lurking.

Ali!
  • Happy hump Day!
    hello everyone-nothing much new here-so far I have managed to exercise Monday and Tuesday-yesterday I did this killer spin class-I am trying it out-it seems like a good workout, and a variation on my usual running....I have a 6 mile run for Diabetes this coming Sunday-I have been collecting money at work for it
    Last night I decorated my apt for halloween-last year my roomie and her DF (now DH) had a Halloween party...then they moved to minneapolis and didn't want to take the leftover decorations with them...so I got to keep them-they look cute-I have this big Bat over my television
    DF has a couple coming to visit tomorrow-two friends of his from HS-we will all be staying at my place...and the plan is to eat dinner out three nights in a row!!! I talked him into grilling one of the nights...now I have to make healthy choices the other two nights-give me strength!!!!
    More later-hi to everyone-come out and write
  • Morning Girls! Well a new day, thank God. I didn't eat very healthfully yesterday. I am currently addicted to Chicken Quesadillas at Taco Bell. They are a nightmare, if you haven't tried them don't. I have no idea how many pts they are but I am just assuming they aren't good. I didn't drink my wateer either. I had a headache and decided to feed it yesterday BUT today I will be successful. WW goal here I come.

Shew confession complete, anyways

Ali- I am glad that your boyfriend accepts your wit. I would like to hear more about him and how you met etc. Congrats on the A's don't you just love that!!!

Lori- Spin class sounds fun. I haven't worked out yet this wk but I will actually get a chance tomorrow after work and I may wake up early Fri and go. Don't you love decorating this time of year. I am so into the harvesty stuff. I went a bit crazy at Target on MOnday. I currently own about 6 autumn candles and of course 3 candle holders to match the theme. I love to shop!!!

Well ladies come out and play. I am hoping that I will get a chance to check in later!
    Becky
  • Happy Hump Day!!
    I have a minute while my boss is in a meeting. How is everyone?
    It's rainy and yucky here today. Although...my coworkers brought soup and salad for my bday celebration. Then tonight I'm back on track with a vengence!! (sp?)
    What is puppy chow? I used to eat Gainsburgers when I was little bitty but for some reason, I don't think it's the same.
    Hahaha
    Damn! Boss is back. Hopefully I'll be back later!
    Have a great day!
  • I am going back to the doctor this afternoon for my eye. YUCK! It is downright annoying now. I can barely see, it tears all the time and it hurts. I hope they can miraculously do something to make it go away. I am already missing Emma's swim class tomorrow because of it (Hubby is taking her) and last night I had to leave class early and miss my quilting class and Friday I am supposed to go to the theatre! UGHHH!

Lolly... was it you that asked about quilting. I DO IT I DO IT! I knit also. I do lots of crafts. They are so much fun!!! Although I may get to the point where I have to give away things because I can only keep so much!!!

OK, I am at work for a bit, appointment is at 1:00
  • Where is everyone?
    Belle, for example?

I have WI today. I don't even know what to expect, because I haven't been weighing myself on my home scale. I ate well yesterday, for once, although this morning I've already had an egg and cheese sandwich from Dunkin Donuts.

Darn, got a meeting I forgot about. Gotta go!
  • Hello all. Well, i had my glucose test yesterday. At about 28 weeks, they give you this test to see if you have gustational diabetis. I get my results back on Thursday. hope they are ok.

Yesterday I had to fast after midnight until my test. Afterward, I ate like I had fasted for days instead of hours. So bad eating day. Today I hope to do a little better. But I am very hungry today, so I am going to bulk up on veggies and eat some peanut butter for lunch. That fills me up and gives me energy.

I am very tired today. I hope I can get a nap at lunch.

Ali: Your Thanksgiving sounds like it was fun. I think the 27 points for a few days should put you right back where you want ot be.

Kim: good luck at WI but don't let breakfast hinder your day. If that was your breakfast then just work in the points and eat the rest of the day accordingly. It is fine to eat that for breakfast.

Stacey: I was wondering what puppy chow was too. Have fun with soup and salad day.

Becky: welcome back. I love that at taco bell too. Think I will go and see if I can find out how many points they are. On the positive side, one is really filling.

Lori: have fun with guests. eating out a lot is a challange. Your spin class sounds like real fun. I think I am going to try one after PG.

Jen: Hugs to you.

Hello to everyone else.

Trish
  • OK I have a quick minute to update you on the importance of puppy chow It is soo good. It is chex cereal and peanut butter, chocolate and powdered sugar. It is a mixture that is delicious and addicting like chex mix for those with a sweet tooth. MMM I cannot think about it.

Jen- Mrs. Craft Queen I cannont believe that you quilt that is impressive. I hope that your eye gets better soon.

Kim- Good luck at WI. It is kind of exciting when you are not sure what to expect. Don't sweat the egg thing just count it.

Trish- Yes the fact taht one is filling is a plus however yesterday I managed to shove in a burrito too. OOPS. Today is going well though.

I am planning on a Lean Cuisine for lunch so that will be low in pts. I had a slimfast drink for breakfast mainly b/c it gives me my daily vitamins and the cappucino ones are really great in replace of the morning coffee. Well ladies I will check in later!
  • Hi everyone
    Well, the interview is done and now I just wait. I have no idea how it went, I'm hopeful but not sure. The panel showed no emotion just asked questions and then more questions. If they accept me I go into the hiring pool for one year and hopefully get hired before I have to go through it all again. I'll get a letter in 2-3 weeks so I'm not going to sweat it.
    Now that the interview is done I have no need to eat badly. I was hoping to go for a walk at lunch but it's yucky and raining and dark here so I guess I just go home and dance or something. I really want to lose this week.
    MMmm quesadilla. I make them at home in a non stick pan with low fat tortillas and low fat cheese. without chicken it is only 5 points and a great craving beater. I think thats what I'll have for dinner with a salad.
    Well, back to work.
    Hi to everyone. Have a great day.
    KT
  • Hey Girls
    Sorry I havent been posting much puter access here is at a premium and my food intake has been beyond crapfest today was the first day i didnt have candy in forever I figured out the reason i had been feeling so crap was b/c thats what i was eating
    I'm going to spend £120 and get the gym membership and move my lazy arse anyway will try to pop by later
    Love
    Kier
  • I'm here, I'm here!
    I drove to Winnipeg for Thanksgiving and came home with an abandoned kitten, about 5 weeks old. Its mommy (who might not make it) and another kitten were adopted in Winnipeg. The poor mother cat was starving and trying to nurse her kittens....

Anyway, I am so allergic to them, I had to find it a home. So she is going tonite, I am very sad.

I have to run to a meeting, but I'll post later!

Belle
  • Hi Guys!

Kierie, you're there! How's Dublin? You MUST fill us in on all the gossip when you can next get to a puter. Have you been eating soda bread? It's one of my fave Irish things (tho' Guinness is right up there too )

Aw, Belle, KITTEN! JEALOUS! So sad you're allergic - our dream is to have kitties but we can't until we're in our own place (still years away). Otherwise I'd adopt her for you! At least she's going to a good home though. You are a kittie-saving saint! A friend of mine has 12 cats and a 3-legged dog she's rescued from all over Spain (she's Spanish). Sigh.

KT - I have everything crossed for you re: the interview. Let us know when you find out, won't you?

Becky - glad you're back, you're right, it's quieter around here than it used to be, but we are definitely all still here. That puppy chow sounds yummy (peanut butter, SWOON) - but I must confess, I really thought you were talking about dog food

Trish - fingers crossed for the diabetes test. I had one when I was bigger because it's a risk when you're obese but fortunately I was clear. BTW, did you hear about that Italian woman who was 3 months pregnant when she conceived again - TRIPLETS!!! Apparently it's only ever happened 20 times before, but she will be able to have all the babies ok. Just thought I'd mention it ...

Jen - will you be my quilting guru? My book should arrive tomorrow, and then I'll go shopping at the weekend. I'm so excited! I don't know how easy it will be to learn, but maybe I can make at least one thing to give as a Christmas pressie.

Hi Ali, Stacey, Lori, Kim and everyone else out there. Lurkers, come and say hello - we know you're there, we saw you on the bios thread. It's always good to see new faces around here, so COME OUT AND PLAY

I've been being domestic again today, in between working (the joys of working at home!) - I have a chicken liver terrine in the oven, and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I made the WW brownies yesterday, only 2 pts each and they are SO GOOD. I have eaten 3 already though

Ok, back later!

Lxxx
  • Hello again.... I'm back and have big news
    Ok, so I haven't been around much at all over the last month. I think I was sort of avoiding it b/c I didn't know what to say. I have been eating so much more than I was. I have gained about 7 pounds I think. I am still going to the gym but am not going as much as I should. I jsut don't feel like it and hardly want to do weights anymore. I guess it is ok to concentrate on cardio if that is what I can make myself do.

Anyway, the big news is that I am pregnant! I have been afraid to tell too soon and technically it is still too soon. I just had my first ultrasounds yesterday (DH went with me) and we saw the baby. It was absolutely amazing! I measured 8 weeks and 5 days so I am due May 16, 2002. DH and I are so happy and excited. We are going to Florida this weekend for my grandmother's 90th bday party and plan to tell our parents then since we will all be together. Sorry I didn't tell you all sooner but I am still not telling most people. We will start telling around Halloween, I will be about 12 weeks by then.

I don't know how much I will be around but I will stop in and say hi. Glad to see everyone is still here. good luck to everyone on the Christmas goals. TTYL.

Sarah
    ignore signature!
  • Aw, I'm gonna cry!
    How sad, Belle! You are a very good person for saving the kitten! Do you have a family for her to call home?
    Getting back to work now!
    Hey! Sarah, big congratulations!!! How awesome!! You must stick around like Trish!!!
    Have fun telling everyone!
  • Congratulations, Sarah!