Old 01-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #16  

Hi all!

Donna sounds like things are going well!

Jen you are doing well. Gearing up to exercise will be a big help! Let us know what you think about the biggest loser DVD

Well off to do some lesson planning!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #17  

hey ladies, today I am going to cracker Barrel, wish me luck, I am going to really try and not be bad!! I got the Biggest Loser 2 workout DVD yesterday at Walamrt, it was only like 10 bucks, it looks doable and even has recipes and stuff on it. I am also busy getting stuff for when we renew our vows in '08, I am getting a lot off ebay, and I already have my dress, it is too small right now, but I am going to get into it!! If I lose enough weight where it's big, my mom will take it in.
Have a great weekend, Jen and Misty!!!

Hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #18  

Sounds like you've got a bog party planned Donna!

I like Cracker Barrel. We don't have one around here though. I really like the apples, fried apples I think they are...but they are fried in bacon grease!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes! It's been YEARS since I have been there though.

We are going to some farm show tomarrow in Harrisburg. It's 4-5 hours away. DH is all into, not sure how much fun it will be. I hope it doesn't rain.

We finally have heat upstairs!!! We've had a vent free gas furnace in our room for about 4 years and a space heater in the kids' room. But now we have our corn boiler hooked up and base board heat upstairs and down. It should significantly reduce heating costs. Natural gas ran us $800 amonth last year, now we can heat the whole house for $800 for the whole year!

But b/c they were working upstairs the kids got no naps. It's been bad. I am so sick of them SCREAMING "DADDY" every single time I correct them, even for the most minor thing. I stress ate alot today and am way over my points. I have alot to get done. I am glad DH got the heat in, but I really needed him tow ork on some stuff around the rest of the hosue so they guys can get the furniture up the stairs. The boards on the front porch aren't nailed down. It's been 4 years now since we put new boards down and DH only nailed in 3...the porch is 8 feet long! So I am hoping he will nail down the rest of them so the delivery guys can step on the porch safely, without worry as to which boards are nailed down. It's such a simple job I could do it, but now it's about principle, and frankly it's a joke. It is the epitomy of living with a man from my husbnad's fmaily. They NEVER finish ANYTHING! Everytime I start in about Josh not doing something someone pipes up with"Did you get the boards nailed down on your porch yet? How about the carpet in your bedroom?" It drives my dad NUTS. He is a perfectionist and often overkills a project. You could land a 747 on his back deck...he used steel I beams!!!

Well off to make a gourmet dinner of hamburger helper!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:21 AM   #19  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hey all. Misty, I would just go ahead and nail down those boards. I have done a ton of small things around the house that dh said he would do and didn't and I got sick of waiting for him to do it. Just do it and at least you know the porch is safe. I understand it being a matter of principle but the matter of safety is more important. Um suppose one of the delivery guys hurts himself on your porch and decides to sue?? They aren't there to worry about what boards are nailed down, they are there to deliver furniture and if the porch isn't safe it won't be their problem. Anyway off my soapbox!

Things around here are so-so. The diet is basically in the trash, I think next week will be better when ds is back to school and we are back into a regular routine. I think my eating is a little better, most of the holiday treats are gone so I'm not as tempted to over eat that way.

Take care all, have a great weekend!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote