Old 01-14-2007, 06:38 PM   #61  

I just got off the phone with Dee!!! She has been busy studying. She'll be calling me on Wednesday after her classes, and we're making plans to get together next Sunday. She'll be in this cold awful place for a total of 3 weeks.

Tina, I want a trainer too, and I also want you to come and clean my kitchen.

Amy, you and Susan are so funny! My cousin and I are like that with each other. We drive our hubbies crazy when we're together. (our kids too!!)

Susan, you have to admit that the trees are pretty with the ice on them, right? I always enjoy looking at them, and I have several pictures over the years of all of our ice storms. So far it looks like we are going to luck out. Still raining, but it's supposed to turn to snow, not ice. I can do snow. I talked to Rev. Tim today, and he suggested a couple churches here in town that he thought I'd be comfortable with. The pastor of one of them is a friend of his. The other pastor has two churches, and he told me which of her churches he thought that I'd like. He told me that he definitely understands, and he just wants me to be in church somewhere. He even said I'd probably be able to get more involved in a church that was closer after retirement.

Spent time with Tim today. Went out to eat and visited for a while. I hate to think about how many points I've used today, but I'll dig into the extra ones if I have to. Bob and I both agreed that tomorrow we are back on track after the weekend. One thing about it, even though I've eaten more, I've written everything down and written down the points. At one point in time, I would have just said forget it and just pigged out without doing the points.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:33 PM   #62  
GoddessInclined

Tammy, that's what I did this weekend, too. Although I wrote down Saturday and Sunday afterwards, like this morning. Hmm....maybe that's how I ended up 20 points over for the week. Stupid Special K bars!!!

But....I DID keep track EVERY day last week, and that was my goal for last week, so YEAY!!! My goal this week: get to meeting and be OP every day!!! Go me!
GoddessInclined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:22 PM   #63  

Jody, I used quite a few of my 35 flex points over the weekend, so I'll have to be good the rest of the week. Good for you for keeping track!! I do believe it makes a difference, even when I know I'm eating way more than I should. I can see it in black and white then (before I see it on the scales). Your goal sounds good for the week, so maybe I'll do the same thing.

Just returned from water aerobics. I need to mark that on my tracker for some activity points. We had 3 new members tonight! The suit that I'm wearing was brand new the beginning of last session. It is already faded and wearing thin. Do any of you know where to buy suits that are more chlorine resistant? I'm not the only one having the problem.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:21 PM   #64  
Susan

Hi,
Yea for writing everything down. Don't worry, I used almost all of my flex points in the first 2 days. I try not to use them too much.

I do have a question for you..... do you use your activity points? I never eat them but wonder if I should..... maybe it would help.

Jody, those bars are dangerous. I love the Strawberry ones. I finally quit buying them because I could eat the whole box. WW has lemon bars that are 2 points (more expensive) that are really yummy. If I eat too many of them, I have terrible gas..... so it keeps me from eating that many.

Tammy, I have to think of the website that sells suits, etc..... If I think of it, I'll email you. I had that same problem when I was doing water aerobics. I just decided to buy a suit at Target instead of getting a nicer one.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday. My goal is to write everything down and to get to the gym. Haven't been because of the weather.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:33 PM   #65  

Susan, I have rarely used the flex points either. As for the activity points, it depends on the day if I use them or not. Most of the time I would say that I don't. Maybe I should? I really like the WW lemon bars! I don't care for the Cinnamon Swirl ones though.

I checked out Junonia.com for swimsuits, and they have special ones for chlorine. I guess I'll order one and give it a try. The one that I've been using I ordered from Roamans. I think I'm going to write to them and tell them how it is fading and the material is thinning. It was too expensive to just wear it for 1 1/2 sessions.

At the Junonia site, they had some suits that had longer legs, like the old-fashioned swimsuits. I think they were called aquatards, and they are especially for aerobics classes. I'm considering getting one of those, but I know the women would die laughing at me!! I'll save the pretty suits for vacation when I get another one.

I'm under on points today. We had homemade pizza for supper, so I ate very little for breakfast and lunch. Wanted to save points for the pizza!!

Hope you are all staying warm!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:12 PM   #66  
Susan

Hi,

How is everyone doing tonight?

Tammy, I'll have to check out that website. I would definitely write Romans because they need to know about their suits.

I'm going to ask my leader about using the activity points. I looked through the materials but didn't really see the answer.

I don't know if I am going to a meeting this week. I feel cramps coming on and I think I have extra water weight.

Well, my aide quit today. She never really said anything to prinicpals or my supervisor. I called my supervisor first thing this morning to give her a heads up. I was almost in tears because I said "I just needed her to be here until I get back from SA." My supervisor said "YOU ARE GOING, and everything will be fine." She assured me that my team leader would come help. I've talked to one of the mom's and she is probably going to keep her daughter home especially since my aide quit. The girl has medical needs and I worry about her.

Oh well, guess I better head for bed. I laid in bed last night worry about everything under the sun....things that I have no control over. My aide quit, so now I can move on and I think my kids will be fine. I have to explain to them tomorrow. She didn't even say goodbye to them. One less thing to worry about.

Tina, did ya'll get ice or snow? San Antonio is shut down!!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:22 PM   #67  

I didn't go to the Y tonight. I started off the day hurting, and it just got worse as the day progressed. When I came in the door, Bob took one look at me and told me to take medicine and go to bed. I listened to him. I still hurt pretty bad, but I wanted to check messages before I take any more medicine and go to bed for the night.

I emailed Lands' End to see if they have suits that are chlorine resistant. Received a message back already that said that they don't. I'll have to make a decision on the Junonia suit and get it ordered.

Susan, I can't believe your aide didn't really talk to anyone and didn't say goodbuy to the kids! I agree that you ARE going!!!

Not expecting a loss tomorrow. Even though I used the extra points over the weekend, I've done great every other day. I just don't feel like I've lost.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #68  
Susan

You are never going to believe this. School was cancelled today because of the weather. They never mention anything about it last night. I was 10 minutes away from leaving the house when they called. We have ice and snow in the forecast all the way through Saturday morning. I'm just praying it doesn't on Sat. so I can get out of here.

I emailed my team leader and asked if she would come by and check on my kids. I also talked to the girls moms. I think I said that last night. One is for sure staying home.

I'm skipping weigh in myself. I have cramps and feel like a HOG tonight.

Tammy, smart thinking on email Lands End. I'm sorry you didn't feel good today.

Tina, how are you?
Old 01-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #69  

Hey! We haven't cancelled, and I'm in Ohio!!! Of course, we don't have enough snow to even cover a blade of grass. Haven't had ice either. Lots of rain and flooding though.

I received a message from Roamans about my suit being such a mess. Basically they said nothing. They do all kinds of quality testing on their clothing. blah , blah , blah. Their swimsuits are very inexpensive compared to other companies (not the ones that I've seen!).

When I got out of bed this morning, the first thing that I did was take pain meds. I hate it when I have to do it, but I guess I hate the pain even worse. I'm going to school tomorrow (against Bob's suggestion that I stay home). I'll take medicine after I get to school. Can't drive if I take it.

I haven't heard any more from Dee. I know she is very busy with classes. I can't remember what she's doing on Saturday. I think I'll call her tomorrow night or Sat. night and try to make arrangements to get together on Sunday. There is a very nice museum at the air force base, and it would be good to see, but I really don't think I can walk that much. I hate it that I'm hurting like this when she's up here. I hope we can at least get together, go out to eat, and talk about all of you!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 10:11 AM   #70  

Hi everyone,

I know I haven't been around in a little while, I've been busy w/ Cleo. Her recovery is going great! I can believe how quickly she's bouncing back. She's already had her bandages removed and she is not on the Codeine anymore. All in all, she's doing great.

I wanted to attach a few pics of the little one that were taken last weekend. Thanks again for the ongoing support, it has been so wonderful!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3770.jpg (38.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3777.jpg (37.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3792.jpg (32.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3780.jpg (19.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3791.jpg (28.3 KB, 4 views)
Chanty1483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #71  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
I'm not going to be online much because I've pulled a muscle in my right shoulder.....Not Fun

Tammy, so sorry you hurt so badly. Hmm....I don't like meeting people from online because they talk about me with others.

Chantal--it's so great that Cleo is healing so well. The pictures are great!
Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:51 AM   #72  
Susan

Hi ya'll

Tammy, sorry you are hurting!!!! Boo!!

Tina, how did you pull your shoulder? Hope it's a quick recovery!!!

Chantal, Glad Cleo is doing better! She sure is cute.

I'm now in San Antonio. Daddy's surgery is Monday morning. Have to be at the hospital at 5 in the morning.

I've had a headache all day long. So I'm off to bed.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:59 PM   #73  

Chantal, Cleo is so cute!

Tina, I'm feeling a little better today. Maybe the medicines that I've taken all week are finally working? When (if) Dee and I get together, we will be gentle when we talk about all of you!! Now what did you do to hurt your shoulder? Maybe Larry could massage it for you and make you all better.

We had planned to get together today, but that's not what Mother Nature wanted. We have snow, ice, freezing rain, and just general yuck. We're going to try again on Wednesday night. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!
Kramer doesn't like the weather either. He went out a while ago and proceeded to slide on his belly across the sidewalk. His feet had no traction at all. It was kind of funny actually, but I'm sure he had a cold belly!!

Susan, I figured you were in SA. We'll be thinking about all of you with the surgery. Let us know how it goes. Hope your headache is gone.

I need to get out an atlas. My friend in Arizona wants me to come to visit after I retire. Bob and I have never travelled there, so we thought we might do that sometime. I know that Texas is out there somewhere, and we've always talked about visiting Texas. Might have to check out the map to see where some wild women I know live. lol

Tim called earlier. The summer session classes are online, and he has decided that he is going to go full time the first summer session. He'll live in the dorm. He thought he could get some classes out of the way that he had trouble scheduling this year. It's only about 5 weeks, and he'd start May 14. He'd have plenty of summer left until he has to do percussion tryouts on August 10 or 11. So much for working at Arby's again though.

If there aren't some drastic improvements with the weather and the roads, I think we could be closed tomorrow. I told the supt. the other day that I need some snow days before I retire. He laughed. Mayb I'll get my wish!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:58 PM   #74  
GoddessInclined

Hi, all!

Just thought I'd check in quick....my weekend was NUTS and getting more so in the next six weeks. Ah, well....

Had not-so-good weekend, probably due to ovulation. OR due to using ovulation as an excuse to make poor eating choices. But, man, them McD's cheeseburgers were GOOD!!!
GoddessInclined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #75  

Jody, nice to hear from you. It's been a pretty quiet group. I have to agree with you about the cheeseburgers at McD. If I get a sandwich there, that's what I always order. I like their Asian salads too.

Just stocked up on Smart Ones meals. I had a coupon for them, and the store had them on sale for 3/$4.00. Quite a savings with the coupon. Our freezer looks very "Smart" now.

Tina, how is your shoulder? I think you need to take a trip somewhere to make it feel better.

Hope Susan's father's surgery went well yesterday.

Still hoping that Dee and I are able to get together before she leaves for home on Saturday. This crazy weather didn't help us at all.