Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/129/129

Height: 5' 6.5"

Default Whole Foods Menu 12/14

B- "peanut butter quesadilla": 2 ww tortillas, 1 T pb, cinnamon, banana

S- tea

L- Salad: fresh spinach, 1 T. chopped walnuts, 1 T reduced fat bleu cheese crumbles, 1 T. lf balsamic vinaigrette; red pepper & bl bean soup; baked tofu

S- yogurt & fruit spread

S- clementines, apple

D- barley, (a little) roast beef (canned, from Costco, very lean), (lots) sauteed veggies
SlimLindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:38 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Trying to get an early start tomorrow so I have everything packed for once.

B-cereal w/ soymilk (whole grain or bran), OJ, coffee w/ skim (I am OUT of bananas, oh the horror!!)
S-plain nf yogurt with 1T low sugar strawberry preserves
L-leftover chicken & bell pepper stir fry (w/ onions & cashews) & basmati rice, V8 juice, dk choc (1 square Dove)
S-lots of carrots and cauliflower w/ hummus
S-kashi TLC granola bar ?? (after my run??)
D-rotisserie chicken (from the store), veggies (prob broccoli, zucchini and mushrooms), and some kind of rice

That'll be about 1800 calories.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163.5/142/120

Height: 5' 1"

B: whole grain cereal, nonfat organic milk, hard boiled egg, oj w/calcium

S: nf soy latte

L: leftover 1 cup lentil soup (lentils,tomatoes,lamb,onion,garlic,olive oil,spices), spinach salad w/snap peas,mushrooms, garbanzos, 1tblsp goat cheese, 1tblsp neuman's dressing

S: Apple

D: Tofu stir fry w/broccoli, orange peppers, red onion, snow peas, peanut sauce, 1/2 c brown rice

S: neuman's own orange dark chocolate squares (2) yum!

I guess once I get the hang of this it will be fast but this took me sooo long to map out probably because I'm trying to count calories too which I hate but I'm curious to see how many I'm taking in a day because I haven't counted in forever. Today was 1500 which seems about right since I didn't work out. But it does keep me focused and more organized when I know what I need to do and when.
I was just diagnosed with hypothyroid and started medication today and I read that soy can interfere with thyroid function so I may need to cut down on it--will do more research and ask my doctor.
Thanks again for the inspiration.
Charlene
charlenej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:10 AM   #4  

Quote:
I guess once I get the hang of this it will be fast but this took me sooo long to map out
I've been planning a day or more (dinner) ahead for about 6 months now--don't post daily menus any more b/c I already keep track in a book at home and it was getting to be redundant (for sure) and somewhat obsessive (I get wierd, I think it's a great idea but it's just too much for me), but anyway...

I still can't plan fast. I'm better at throwing healthy stuff in a bag real quick if I absolutely have to, but generally I kind of linger over it and find just the right container and count all the calories and write it all down...

I actually kind of enjoy it. I figure, if I were hunting and gathering I'd be spending a heck of a lot more energy and time on plotting my meals, so in the broad evolutionary scheme of things I'm still doing pretty good if it takes me half an hour to plan meals and snacks and pack for the day.

And it's sort of my own personal Food Channel episode.

A total self-serving aside, here--I'm a ticker idiot. That darn thing should say I lost four more pounds.
luvmypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:34 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmypup View Post
I actually kind of enjoy it. I figure, if I were hunting and gathering I'd be spending a heck of a lot more energy and time on plotting my meals, so in the broad evolutionary scheme of things I'm still doing pretty good if it takes me half an hour to plan meals and snacks and pack for the day.
I like that.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:14 AM   #6  
paganfroglady

luvmypup - I keep track in a book too, it helps me to stay on course. And I set a goal for this month which will hopefully help me stay on track. I think I can maybe get the eating down, but I need to try and fit in exercise. I don't count calories, but if anyone sees where I need improvement please let me know! Last night I was out shopping so dinner was a 6" Subway club on ww with veggies, cheese and ranch dressing, and half of a bag of baked Lays. So maybe I'll stay on better track today -

B - soy/blueberry smoothie

S - 1/2 bag baked Lays

L - bean burrito on ww tortilla, veggie soup

S - 20 pretzel sticks with mustard

D - chicken and veggie stir fry with brown rice (been trying all week to make this, hopefully I will get to make it tonight!)
paganfroglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

B - 2 pieces of whole grain toast, one with strawberry rhubarb jam, one with natural peanut butter

S - organic low fat maple yogurt

L - small cup of soup, 1/2 turkey sandwich on whole grain, dijon mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion

S - tall non fat sugar free latte, small biscotti

S - apple

S - baby carrots, red pepper strips

D - veggie tacos - 3 whole wheat tortillas, 2 morning star farm veggie burgers, spinach, lots of salsa, a little low fat cheese
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote