Apple
    Lunch
    Home made fish cake on wholemeal bun with lettuce and low fat mayo
    Snack
    Almonds x 10
    Dinner
    Cajun Chicken Breast with mixed salad
  • Smoothie with rice protein, soy milk, mango and banana

Salad with shredded beets, chickpeas, mixed greens, baked tofu and homemade lemon dressing

Lentil and veggie soup (onion, garlic, celery, cabbage and tomato) with nutritional yeast

Steamed broccoli and chard with unhulled sesame seeds, nama shoyu, nutritional yeast and lemon

Quinoa and red lentils with leeks, garlic, onion and artichokes

1 Dr. Kracker cracker with 2 tsp. crushed peanuts

16 oz. green tea

64 oz. water
  • I ended up playing soccer with my kids yesterday so just a nice yoga workout for me today. I am sore.

B-kashi pilaf w/ walnuts& raisins
    L-spinach salad w/veggies, feta and olives,kiwi
    S-seeds and nuts,apple
    D-indian eggplant, yogurt and cuke, 1/2 ww pita,orange
    S-veggies and hummus, chocolate, tea
  • Today's plan:
    • 2 eggs
    • turkey meatballs (homemade--just lean ground turkey, egg whites, dried minced onion, garlic powder, and some Mrs. Dash) with sauce (chili sauce and dietetic grape jelly--I know this sauce isn't "whole," but the meatballs plain are not tolerable to me )
    • sandwich: lettuce, lean ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese on 100% whole-wheat bread (no HFCS! I spent forever in the bread aisle searching for a bread without HFCS)
    • smoothie: 1 banana, 1 T natural peanut butter, and skim milk
    hmm, maybe my foods aren't as "whole" as I thought, but at least they're much less processed than the delivery pizza and ice cream I had over the weekend It's at least a step in the right direction, right?
  • Hey, Jill, it loks pretty 'whole' to me, except for the artificial sweetener Hey, have you tried a nice marinara on them? That's one way I like my veggie-balls and it's a great way to get lycopene and other great stuff, like an extra serving or two of veggies! Anyway, you have a pretty nice balance of foods! Keep it up
  • Hmmm, my cupboard is looking pretty bare since I didn't get to the grocery this weekend.

B:
    oatmeal with raisins, walnuts, 1% milk
    ww toast with natural pb

S:
    lf cottage cheese with nectarine

L:
    Salad from the grocery salad bar? Subway?

S:
    apple, lf cheese

D:
    Salmon in some form, green beans, tomatoes, potatoes

S:
    Tea