capo-chino (sp?)

• Does anyone have a capo-chino machine?
    If you do what kind do you have and it it a good investment?

Here is a link to many kinds.... I am kind of clueless here..

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ....gsp?cat=90782
  • I have a Saeco machine which cost about $250.00 7 years ago. This seemed like a huge amount of money, but my husband was spending $2-3 daily at Starbucks every morning for espresso (machine makes both). The less expensive machines just don't build up enough pressure to adequately do the job. Over those 7 years, we've had to replace 1 part for about $30, so it's really paid for itself.

This is similar to the machine I have.

Mel
  • I have one of the cheap ones, and only use it once in a great while. From the Walmart page, it's most like this one. A huge downside is that you have to wait for the machine to cool before removing the lid and adding more water. If I could make more than 2 servings/1 Amy serving at a time, I might use it more often/for guests.

Then again, I tend to just get a coffee at Starbucks, rather than espresso based drinks.

At my old office we had a cappucino machine with a resevoir that could be refilled at any time. Oh, we used that one a lot (and, subsequently, I gained about 10 pounds with all the sugar/flavored syrup I was using).

That's my experience.

-Amy