Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:22 PM   #1  

Height: 5`2

Wink veggies

Do you eat enough veggies?

What is your favorite?

Have you tried any new veggies lately ?
Snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:42 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

One that surprised me by being something I liked was red bell peppers. I never really cared much for peppers and at first I bought the red ones and cooked them on the George Foreman grill... YUM! Then I started just eating them raw and they are amazingly good!

Lately I have seen in the stores some orange looking cauliflower... does anyone know what this is and has anyone tried it?
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:16 PM   #3  

I eat veggies every day but manly the same ones over and over. Broccoli, carrots, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, zucchini, bell peppers, asparagus, potatoes, and onions and mushrooms. I recently tried kale. It was okay but it didn't like me. Gave me a stomach ache.
GoingGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:30 PM   #4  

A roasted veg. dish I love to make (especially in the fall)

chunks of sweet potatoes
chunks of red onions
raw beets--tops removed--scrubbed well

put everything in a 13x9 baking dish (line it with foil first). Pour on small amount of olive oil, maple syrup or orange juice, grind on fresh pepper and sea salt.

Bake (covered with more foil) until the vegetables are tender. You can also use butternut squash or yellow onions if you prefer.

It's so tasty! The veggies get sweet and it's a good fall comfort food.

Another thing I've enjoyed: the Trader Joe's bagged "Chard of Many Colors"--prepped Swiss chard in many varieties and it's easy to saute with a little garlic, olive oil and I add some dried cranberries and/or pine nuts.

Bon appetit!
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #5  

I like almost all vegetables except asparagus. I especially like just baked sweet potatoes and veggie kebobs done on the grill.
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Gosh, Misti, every time you change your avatar you look even greater!!!

I hate Brussel sprouts and dislike asparagus. I love tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, red, orange and yellow peppers (hate green!). I like carrots and celery, corn and many others. I'm pretty good at almost everything. I recently tried some different squashes, but can't say that I like them all (dislike summer squash for some reason--kind of bitter).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:02 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I eat lots of veggies! I'm not sure I've added in any new ones lately. I try to buy a variety when I go to the grocery store and I also visit a korean supermarket which has a large produce section. Once in a while I'll pick up something there that I never had before.

It is hard for me to pick a favorite but I love brussel sprouts! Eggplant is also a favorite. Kale is on the top list too. Oh and tomatoes. Ok I better stop
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:15 AM   #8  

Height: 5`2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanajel View Post
A roasted veg. dish I love to make (especially in the fall)

chunks of sweet potatoes
chunks of red onions
raw beets--tops removed--scrubbed well

put everything in a 13x9 baking dish (line it with foil first). Pour on small amount of olive oil, maple syrup or orange juice, grind on fresh pepper and sea salt.

Bake (covered with more foil) until the vegetables are tender. You can also use butternut squash or yellow onions if you prefer.

It's so tasty! The veggies get sweet and it's a good fall comfort food.

Another thing I've enjoyed: the Trader Joe's bagged "Chard of Many Colors"--prepped Swiss chard in many varieties and it's easy to saute with a little garlic, olive oil and I add some dried cranberries and/or pine nuts.

Bon appetit!
That sounds so yummy!
Snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote